Best Buy - $100 Gift Card w/160GB PS3 Purchase

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Please somebody answer this.

Did anyone else get told this coupon was a fraud when they went to redeem it?[/QUOTE]
The people in the Mira Mesa San Diego, Ca 92126 Bestbuy said a lot of coupons are frauds and they didn't scan it. I even asked them to and they said No. I know they're afraid cause it's legit.

[quote name='onyzukae']Go and buy amazon gift card. BB 100 gc to amazon 100gc[/QUOTE]

How do you do that? I dont know what to do with my 100 gc since like most I am an amazon user.

Ok so I, like others got in on the PS3 from BB last week with the $50 GC offer. Im sure I could go in and get the extra $50 on a GC if I brought my receipt in etc.

My question is this, if I wanted to be "greedy", and frankly with Best Buy I have no qualms with that, does anyone think Ill have any problems with going and buying the Black Ops Bundle, getting the Sears PM (if they will do it), using the $100 GC coupon, and then coming home and putting the Black Ops console into the normal box that I got when I bought it last week, and then returned THAT bundle.

The reason I ask is because I have already spent 10+ hours putting in a new HDD and doing data transfer and redownloading of lots of other stuff that I REALLY dont want to go through again.

Basically Id like to turn:

160GB PS3 Bare Bundle
$50 GC

FOR

160GB PS3 Black Ops Bundle
$100 GC
Uncharted 2
GOW 3

Anyone have any input on this? Thanks for the help.

Just got the Black Ops bundle in Kennesaw, GA. Coupon worked fine.

Also how do you swap the 100 bb gc for a amazon one?

[quote name='GbJGonzo']How do you do that? I dont know what to do with my 100 gc since like most I am an amazon user.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nothclif']Also how do you swap the 100 bb gc for a amazon one?[/QUOTE]

For those wondering how to swap BB gift cards for Amazon gift cards, go to the Amazon Kindle section of your BB (in my case, there was also a separate gift card kiosk towards the front of the store), and find the "Amazon Kindle" gift cards. They come in $25 & $50 increments. The gift cards will work towards anything you can purchase on Amazon.com, not just Kindle items. If you can't find them, just ask an employee to help you locate the Amazon Kindle gift cards. I was able to purchase 2 amazon kindle gift cards for my $100 gift card no problems, and I've already redeemed them on Amazon, and already purchased a couple of PS3 games using the credit.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Ok so I, like others got in on the PS3 from BB last week with the $50 GC offer. Im sure I could go in and get the extra $50 on a GC if I brought my receipt in etc.

My question is this, if I wanted to be "greedy", and frankly with Best Buy I have no qualms with that, does anyone think Ill have any problems with going and buying the Black Ops Bundle, getting the Sears PM (if they will do it), using the $100 GC coupon, and then coming home and putting the Black Ops console into the normal box that I got when I bought it last week, and then returned THAT bundle.

The reason I ask is because I have already spent 10+ hours putting in a new HDD and doing data transfer and redownloading of lots of other stuff that I REALLY dont want to go through again.

Basically Id like to turn:

160GB PS3 Bare Bundle
$50 GC

FOR

160GB PS3 Black Ops Bundle
$100 GC
Uncharted 2
GOW 3

Anyone have any input on this? Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

do u mean to swap the ps3 console? u cant because they also scan the # on the back of the ps3. when did u purchase it? u can take your receipt inside and they can do a adjustment so u can still get your gift card.

Got the Black Ops Bundle no problems. Gaming Trifecta complete Wii, 360, PS3...now to start grabbing all the good PS3 games I never played. Can't wait to play Uncharted 1 & 2. Good Deal...Thanks to the OP!

I also got the Black Ops bundle today without a problem. At my store, I did notice that on the shelf where the PS3s were, both the "vanilla" version and the Black Ops version had the same SKU number on the price tag that is also on the coupon. I assumed that the coupon was intended for the vanilla version only, but apparently not. Still seems like a goof on Best Buy's part, but I'll gladly take the free game and map pack if they insist. :D

Got a vanilla PS3 with the $100 gift card. The cashier said it wasn't for the Black Ops version and wouldn't scan the coupon. I'm going to try again tomorrow at a different store and just return the other if i'm able to get the BO version.

Does the Black Ops game that's included say "Not for Resale" where the barcode should be? And where is the DLC code? Is it a separate piece of paper, or is it in the CoD case?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Does the Black Ops game that's included say "Not for Resale" where the barcode should be? And where is the DLC code? Is it a separate piece of paper, or is it in the CoD case?[/QUOTE]

It does say "Not for Resale" and the code is in the sealed case.

[quote name='jkam']Got the Black Ops Bundle no problems. Gaming Trifecta complete Wii, 360, PS3...now to start grabbing all the good PS3 games I never played. Can't wait to play Uncharted 1 & 2. Good Deal...Thanks to the OP![/QUOTE]

I used to own a PS3 a couple years ago before selling it and now I'm back with this deal.

anyway wanted to say you can get Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, and God of War III for $16.99 each or $40.97 for all three using code NEWCUSTOMER10 from newegg.. Cag thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297337

picked them all up w00t

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Please somebody answer this.

Did anyone else get told this coupon was a fraud when they went to redeem it?[/QUOTE]
All it would take is them scanning it at the register to see that it's legit. Sounds like they just didn't want to honor it.

Ugh. I hate when Best Buy acts like you're trying to rip them off...usually when you're trying to use THEIR OWN COUPON.

I'm nervous about using this though, since I didn't get it in my email. I'd buy one if I had.

Of course I get the 12% off coupons AFTER I buy a portable Blu Ray player. DOH!

[quote name='Jodou']All it would take is them scanning it at the register to see that it's legit. Sounds like they just didn't want to honor it.[/QUOTE]

Well for starters i printed in black ink only b/c i've run out of color in addition the lady said the coupon was made by a fake account and therefore was fraudulent. But then after i asked her if it works she said yes therefore how could something be fake but still work..... I dont know i think i just shop at the most imbecile-filled Best Buy on the east coast. I'll see if i can't get in manhattan

thank you all for your answers

Lol WTF? Because you can print it off their own site and it's not in color makes it fake? And she knew it was a legitimate coupon? Never thought I'd find someone with a worse BB than me, but that takes the cake.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Well for starters i printed in black ink only b/c i've run out of color in addition the lady said the coupon was made by a fake account and therefore was fraudulent. But then after i asked her if it works she said yes therefore how could something be fake but still work..... I dont know i think i just shop at the most imbecile-filled Best Buy on the east coast. I'll see if i can't get in manhattan

thank you all for your answers[/QUOTE]

I live in nassau county and the BestBuy in westbury had no problem scanning the coupon.

wow some pretty terrible best buy employees. I love online coupons but I hate uninformed workers that think they're all fake. sigh. I got mine, but I feel bad for some of you guys that can't get it to work, even the legit ones trying to get vanilla ps3's.

[quote name='howaboutno']For those wondering how to swap BB gift cards for Amazon gift cards, go to the Amazon Kindle section of your BB (in my case, there was also a separate gift card kiosk towards the front of the store), and find the "Amazon Kindle" gift cards. They come in $25 & $50 increments. The gift cards will work towards anything you can purchase on Amazon.com, not just Kindle items. If you can't find them, just ask an employee to help you locate the Amazon Kindle gift cards. I was able to purchase 2 amazon kindle gift cards for my $100 gift card no problems, and I've already redeemed them on Amazon, and already purchased a couple of PS3 games using the credit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just did this and it worked out great.

Black Ops 160gb w/gift card. Thanks CAG! Now my wife doesn't have to listen to me whine any more about being in the shower when I actually hit the front of the Gold Box wait list.

I edited it, just in case.. My coupon had that edit, printed in color on a plain sheet of paper. Female cashier (lil old, prolly doesn't know anything about games) was reading my coupon for a bit, then scanned. Worked. She scanned gift card, paid up, and I was out the door. She didn't call for manager or anything.

I do wonder if she would have checked for matching SKU's had I not edited it out. But I didn't want to risk a second trip if my first attempt didn't work.

I broke the coupon out after he said the price+tax. He was like, "Oh, NOW you show me that!" *I grinned* ...and then he scanned it without a second thought. He then tried to sell me on some 3rd-party charger accessory even though I knew I was gonna buy an official white controller with the gift card right after. So I let him talk, and then he offered to show me the item in-person. I agreed, let him have his piece, then fired away, "Do you guys match your bestbuy.com prices?" "Of course!"...and then I picked up a white official controller, and mentioned that it was 35.99 on the website. When we got to the register, he needed an override, but he didn't even bother to the check it on the actual website.

But yeah, I removed the SKU from the coupon before going. :)

[quote name='Outrun9']For those of you who bought the Black Ops bundle, do you photoshop off the sku # on coupon?[/QUOTE]
I didn't. I did change the size of the coupon though.

[quote name='kiwixstyle']I broke the coupon out after he said the price+tax. He was like, "Oh, NOW you show me that!" *I grinned* ...and then he scanned it without a second thought. He then tried to sell me on some 3rd-party charger accessory even though I knew I was gonna buy an official white controller with the gift card right after. So I let him talk, and then he offered to show me the item in-person. I agreed, let him have his piece, then fired away, "Do you guys match your bestbuy.com prices?" "Of course!"...and then I picked up a white official controller, and mentioned that it was 35.99 on the website. When we got to the register, he needed an override, but he didn't even bother to the check it on the actual website.

But yeah, I removed the SKU from the coupon before going. :)[/QUOTE]

The white DS3 is not 35.99 on the website, but they didnt check? Nice.

Picked up the Black Ops Bundle at my local Best Buy tonight. Walked in and it was the only 160g left in the place so I thought if nothing else I will just explain they don't have any other PS3's in stock. Turns out it didn't matter. The cashier took my coupon and said "oh nice" and scanned it. A few minutes later me and my new Black Ops left the building with my $100 gift card in tow.

I will end up selling my gift card to a coworker tomorrow for face value so I am in good shape.

Wow, I didn't even think of editing the coupon. Just went in with the thing and got a standard 160gig. But then after some crafty trade in deals I only paid $35 total for mine anyway. Still would have been nice to have gotten the black ops bundle. I asked the guy at the new gaming section they have. He looked at me (this was after I traded in seven games I got for under $70 for $210) and then without checking or anything just said no. Wonder if I had just walked in and asked for the bundle if it could have gotten by. Oh well. Still love it no the less.

I was in the BB that would not let me PM with the coupon and saw a guy getting a regular 160GB. I waited for the CSR to leave and went and told the guy that the coupon he had would work with the Blops bundle and the guy said the CSR told him it would not work. I told the guy I had just done it yesterday, so he said he would try.

We both ended up checking out around the same time and I was meeting somebody in the parking lot so I watched for him. He never came out. I presume he was taken to the back room where BB keeps customers that try to use coupons. I feel bad that I caused this :(

[quote name='DerClaw']I was in the BB that would not let me PM with the coupon and saw a guy getting a regular 160GB. I waited for the CSR to leave and went and told the guy that the coupon he had would work with the Blops bundle and the guy said the CSR told him it would not work. I told the guy I had just done it yesterday, so he said he would try.

We both ended up checking out around the same time and I was meeting somebody in the parking lot so I watched for him. He never came out. I presume he was taken to the back room where BB keeps customers that try to use coupons. I feel bad that I caused this :([/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

[quote name='Outrun9']For those of you who bought the Black Ops bundle, do you photoshop off the sku # on coupon?[/QUOTE]

Didn't need to, went and snagged a bundle, showed the girl my coupon on my iphone, she typed it in, out the door easy. She did forget to ask for my rewards card so, I need to call tomorrow to fix it.

[quote name='Unstopabull']It does say "Not for Resale" and the code is in the sealed case.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what???!!!!
I bought the blops bundle w/ this deal but haven't opened it yet. I was gonna trade the game in to amazon for $30 tiv (already locked in the trade). If it says "not for resale" then doesn't that mean that amazon wont' accept it? Help!

Yeah amazon wont accept it, should trade it in at best buy($30) or wait for the gamestop +40% and trade it in. But that promo doesnt start until 7/1.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol WTF? Because you can print it off their own site and it's not in color makes it fake? And she knew it was a legitimate coupon? Never thought I'd find someone with a worse BB than me, but that takes the cake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i asked her if it works and she said yes but immediately after she said but because it's a fake coupon we can't accept it... :wall:

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yeah amazon wont accept it, should trade it in at best buy($30) or wait for the gamestop +40% and trade it in. But that promo doesnt start until 7/1.[/QUOTE]
thanks. does best buy pay in cash or will they just give me a $30 best buy gift card or something?

At my store you were almost forced to get the black ops bundle because they only had two normal 160gb ones and they were optimized by bestbuy, so if you did not want to pay an extra 30 dollars for the optimization you had to get a black ops version.

[quote name='PublikDefender']thanks. does best buy pay in cash or will they just give me a $30 best buy gift card or something?[/QUOTE]

Gift Card, you can take a check or something but it'll be at a lower price.

[quote name='guinness7']At my store you were almost forced to get the black ops bundle because they only had two normal 160gb ones and they were optimized by bestbuy, so if you did not want to pay an extra 30 dollars for the optimization you had to get a black ops version.[/QUOTE]

Oh Best Buy and "optimization"... Probably means they turned it on and updated it

Picked up a Black Ops bundle PS3 today. Had to checkout at a special game section counter. Right away he said I don't think it will work on this one. But scanned the coupon and it worked fine. Seems like non of the employees know where this coupon came from since he asked me if I got this through Rewards Zone and I said yes. He then explained what I said to another employee. He even thought the coupon ended today and I told him you have til Monday. He said hopefully I can find a coupon by Monday and buy one myself. Since he thought they were single use.

Do you have to be a rewards card member to get one? (I think i'm one but I dont have a card or anything... don't really shop at best buy lol)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Do you have to be a rewards card member to get one? (I think i'm one but I dont have a card or anything... don't really shop at best buy lol)[/QUOTE]

they can look up your account by phone number. Otherwise it is free to sign up

Coupon PDF says "No Copies". Will a printout work? If not, is there a place I can pick one up in store? (My printer is dead :( )

Mira Mesa Bestbuy FAILS again!!! Thanks to Neal I was able to get the 160gb vanilla PS3 (the COD Bundles were bundled with other accessories so I didn't get it) at Mission Valley. After I got the PS3 I called the Mira Mesa Bestbuy and asked if I could trade in the PS3 for the COD bundle and they said "yes". The person on the phone even asked for my name so they could put one on the side for me. When I got there they were like, "oh, we don't have anymore COD bundles". No more shopping at Mira Mesa Bestbuy. I should have learned my lesson the first time! Mission Valley Bestbuy will always be my store now!

[quote name='62t']they can look up your account by phone number. Otherwise it is free to sign up[/QUOTE]

yea, but do i NEED to be a member?

bread's done
Back