Best Buy 12/25 Ad

dave44

CAG Veteran
Sale prices start online tomorrow (12/25) and in stores on 12/26. Runs through Saturday.

Games:
Halo 4 - $39.99
Hitman: Absolution - $39.99
Assassin's Creed 3 - $39.99
Black Ops 2 - $39.99
Madden 13 - $39.99
Fifa 13 - $39.99
Epic Mickey 2 - $39.99 (Wii $29.99)
Just Dance 4 - $29.99
Far Cry 3 - $49.99
Dance Central 3 - $39.99
Forza Horizon - $39.99
WWE 13 - $39.99
Rocksmith - $39.99
Resident Evil 6 - $39.99
Fable the Journey - $29.99
NBA 2k13 - $49.99
Battlefield 3 Premium - $39.99
NFS Most Wanted - $39.99

Accessories:
PS3 Dualshock Controllers - $39.99
PS Move bundle - $49.99
Turtle Beach DX12 Headset - $79.99
Turtle Beach X42 Headset - $109.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xRidley']I bought FC3 for someone as an xmas gift. I still got the receipt so I should be able to go in and get it price matched to get $20 back right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just make sure you go before the sale is over with the receipt. I bought a 32GB Vita card 2 weeks ago for $99. Went last week because it went on sale for $79. Just showed the receipt at Customer Service and they refunded me the difference.

Is that a good price for Madden 13? I'm not usually a sports game guy but I had fun playing at my in laws yesterday. Even managed to win. I'm tempted to start in with madden...

[quote name='Althax']Is that a good price for Madden 13? I'm not usually a sports game guy but I had fun playing at my in laws yesterday. Even managed to win. I'm tempted to start in with madden...[/QUOTE]

There is one week left in the regular season, and you may just be better off waiting until after the season to buy it when it drops to somewhere like $10-$20, but if you want it now, the price won't drop too much lower.

[quote name='bigsgg']I am on the east coast and NFSMW for the vita is still showing up at $39.99. This post was a major disappointment because I had my heart set on buying a copy for $20:([/QUOTE]

word that sucks, thanks for nothing best buy! :hot:

[quote name='Jojooi812']word that sucks, thanks for nothing best buy! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's the only one I wanted from the list since I've played or own all that I wanted from there

[quote name='Althax']Is that a good price for Madden 13? I'm not usually a sports game guy but I had fun playing at my in laws yesterday. Even managed to win. I'm tempted to start in with madden...[/QUOTE]
It's not bad, and won't drop much before summer like Zolor23 says, but if you just want to fill your football fix, get Madden 12 or earlier for $10 or less.

I purchased Hitman on 11/29 for $60 and used the the Gamer coupon to receive a $20 GC.
I purchased Mass Effect Trilogy on 12/5 for $60 using $55 in RZ certificates.

Will I have any trouble getting $20 each on both of these?

Also I purchased Halo 4 on 11/4 and Black Ops II on 11/12 for $60 each. Would it be possible to receive $20 back on each of these, since they were during the October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 Holiday Price match window?

Thanks for info!

[quote name='Stingermck']I purchased Hitman on 11/29 for $60 and used the the Gamer coupon to receive a $20 GC.

Also I purchased Halo 4 on 11/4 and Black Ops II on 11/12 for $60 each. Would it be possible to receive $20 back on each of these, since they were during the October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 Holiday Price match window?

Thanks for info![/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well since I was thinking of going "Unlocked" and wondered how price matching worked, whether they considered it a double-dip to get a $20 pre-order bonus then PM it later. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Sanges99']I'm curious about this as well since I was thinking of going "Unlocked" and wondered how price matching worked, whether they considered it a double-dip to get a $20 pre-order bonus then PM it later. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It's not. You can do both.

[quote name='htz']It pays CheapyD and in return it keeps this site alive.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I totally stand corrected and don't mind it. All good.

If anyone after this guy's post said anything, I didn't (and don't) have a chance to see it. I retract my disgust. Game on.

Will bestbuy accept returns without a receipt if its a Christmas item? Just curious. My brother bought me a game I already have, but he isn't bring a receipt. No biggie to me, didn't know if they'd give me credit.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Will bestbuy accept returns without a receipt if its a Christmas item? Just curious. My brother bought me a game I already have, but he isn't bring a receipt. No biggie to me, didn't know if they'd give me credit.[/QUOTE]

If you know his phone number that is attached to his reward zone account they can look it up that way. But no Best Buy does not take returns without a receipt.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If you know his phone number that is attached to his reward zone account they can look it up that way. But no Best Buy does not take returns without a receipt.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he has one to he honest. But you're right, I'll try that. Could be only be his cell. Anyways I wasn't sure if they made acceptioms for holidays. ToysRuS had in the past.

[quote name='usagi']60 days for Silver members and 30 days for regular.[/QUOTE]

There is a holiday promotion going on that Best Buy will also price match any gift purchase made between Nov. 4 and Dec. 24 until Jan. 24, 2013.

I want to do some price matching with BB, I did this once, but had soo much trouble getting to the right department, and for them to understand what I wanted.

When you ring the Number, what department do you need to speak to and what do you ask them to do? I am British so maybe my accent did not help.

I did ask to price match and they didnt understand me :(

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='maximumzero']Would Best Buy take a return for store credit without a receipt?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, but the guy a couple posts up said they wouldn't.

[quote name='dominator']Is the price match policy still 60 days for RZ Silver members and 45 days for regular?[/QUOTE]

The 29th will be the last day for PM on AC3.

Don't forget that any item bought after November 4th is eligible for PM through January 24th.

[quote name='maximumzero']Would Best Buy take a return for store credit without a receipt?[/QUOTE]

No. Receipts are a must.

Granted people have gotten exceptions. The policy is to refuse any return without receipt.

[quote name='Stingermck']I purchased Hitman on 11/29 for $60 and used the the Gamer coupon to receive a $20 GC.

Thanks for info![/QUOTE]

If you used the coupon then the way the policy is, you cannot PM unless it falls below the price AFTER coupon. As always people will post exceptions, but the policy states that you cannot double dip (coupon and PM).

To your second question, yes. Any item purchased after November 4th can be PMed through 1/24.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']No. Receipts are a must.

Granted people have gotten exceptions. The policy is to refuse any return without receipt.[/QUOTE]

Well phooey. My brother-in-law gave me a Wii U charger that charges the gamepad and two Wii remotes, but between the included cradle with my Wii U and the AAs I use for my Wii Remotes, its a bit redundant, and I know that Best Buy carries them so I was hoping to return it there.

Oh well, guess I'll try to find a place to set it up.

Love this sale, finally pm'd ACIII, BOII & Halo 4 getting back $64. I then pm'd far cry 3's target price and used $35 in reward certs, paying $5.xx out the door and I didn't even have to use my AK, I got to say it was a good day...

[quote name='Brother Daz']Love this sale, finally pm'd ACIII, BOII & Halo 4 getting back $64. I then pm'd far cry 3's target price and used $35 in reward certs, paying $5.xx out the door and I didn't even have to use my AK, I got to say it was a good day...[/QUOTE]

I plan on PMing those 2 games and picking up Halo 4 as well...I'm just dreading the process since last time I did it they had a hard time because I paid so much in certificates, oh well!

[quote name='thegame85']I plan on PMing those 2 games and picking up Halo 4 as well...I'm just dreading the process since last time I did it they had a hard time because I paid so much in certificates, oh well![/QUOTE]
I was a little worried about the whole process also since I used $40 in certs for halo. Everything went smoothly this morning, almost seemed like she was happy to deal with me and not some pissed off customer that had been sitting in lines all day.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If you used the coupon then the way the policy is, you cannot PM unless it falls below the price AFTER coupon. As always people will post exceptions, but the policy states that you cannot double dip (coupon and PM).

To your second question, yes. Any item purchased after November 4th can be PMed through 1/24.[/QUOTE]

Got 3 out of 4 PM'd. Like you said Hitman did not work since I got a GC from it.

Thank you all, just PM'd Halo 4, which I bought Nov 5th with no issues. I had no idea about this until I read these posts!

[quote name='Stingermck']Got 3 out of 4 PM'd. Like you said Hitman did not work since I got a GC from it.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get Hitman price matched last time it was on sale even though I got the free gift card, guess I was lucky.

Well I braved a line of about 12+ people at BBY but managed to get my copies of ACIII and BLOPS2 price matched!

Went tonight and got $21.xx back on black ops 2. Made sure to specify that I needed to do a "price match", and not a return and rebuy, so as not to affect my $20 GCU certs. Also got 20 back on ACIII a few weeks ago. Thanks Best Buy! Lol

Lost my BO2 receipt yet I can still access/print the e-receipt via the RZ website: will that still be OK to PM? Also, what happens if you used gift cards for the previous transaction?

[quote name='newtype06']Lost my BO2 receipt yet I can still access/print the e-receipt via the RZ website: will that still be OK to PM? Also, what happens if you used gift cards for the previous transaction?[/QUOTE]

They can reprint your receipt. If you paid with gift cards then they will give you the price match difference back as a gift card.

[quote name='Pheee']I want to do some price matching with BB, I did this once, but had soo much trouble getting to the right department, and for them to understand what I wanted.

When you ring the Number, what department do you need to speak to and what do you ask them to do? I am British so maybe my accent did not help.

I did ask to price match and they didnt understand me :(

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Right this time it all went smoothly, and got PM on Black ops 2 and Far Cry 3.

Getting better at this, this is only my 2nd time to do online BB price match.

I went stopped at the Iowa City, IA store on my way back to Ames and last night to price match several of the games I had picked up at launch. I had already price matched Halo so I just did AC3, WWE 13, and Blops. Got 20, 20, and 10 respectively since I had already price matched Blops for 50 before. I also found the store had more or less clearanced out their entire strategy guide stock for a dollar for regular guides and five dollars for hardback. I picked up Hitman Absolution CE, Epic Mickey 2 CE (this guy was actually a dollar), Syndicate, Sleeping Dogs, Max Payne 3, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, and NSMB2. The guys at customer service were super busy, but the guy in particular that helped me was very good at his job. Great experience at BB. Now to price match Far Cry today! Yeah buddy!

Couple of ignorant/noob questions:

1. Does it matter which store I go to for the PM (does it have to be the same store I bought it from?)?

2. Can I still PM ACIII if I picked it up on 10/31/12? The promotion says Nov. 4th is the earliest date, but I'm wondering what other CAGs experiences are; is it YMMV or would the system just decline it? Eh, better not try to milk it that much.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Couple of ignorant/noob questions:

1. Does it matter which store I go to for the PM (does it have to be the same store I bought it from?)?

2. Can I still PM ACIII if I picked it up on 10/31/12? The promotion says Nov. 4th is the earliest date, but I'm wondering what other CAGs experiences are; is it YMMV or would the system just decline it? Eh, better not try to milk it that much.[/QUOTE]

The answer to your first question is no, it shouldn't matter. As for AC3, if you are an RZ silver member, then yes, you can still price match that sucker for one more day I think. Other than that, you're out of luck.

I gave up hope on BO2 but if they can reprint the receipt I might as well give it a shot, heading to PM Farcry3 tomorrow anyway. Wouldn't mind the 40 bucks! And practically getting BO2 for $20.

So I picked up BO2 today at Best Buy and didn't notice until I got home that the copy I received didn't include the Nuketown 2025 map. The UPC is the same for both versions though for the PS3 copy that I checked.

Gonna pick up Blops 2 I suppose. I don't see it getting any cheaper than 40$ until well into next year and I plan on saving Spring for GTA V.

[quote name='Donut2922']So I picked up BO2 today at Best Buy and didn't notice until I got home that the copy I received didn't include the Nuketown 2025 map. The UPC is the same for both versions though for the PS3 copy that I checked.[/QUOTE]

The copies w/ Nuketown states it on the back of the box

[quote name='IronZombie']Gonna pick up Blops 2 I suppose. I don't see it getting any cheaper than 40$ until well into next year and I plan on saving Spring for GTA V.[/QUOTE]
So why not start doin the $20 deals so u won't have to save at all for any game & get GTA for free.

[quote name='Enuf']So why not start doin the $20 deals so u won't have to save at all for any game & get GTA for free.[/QUOTE]

People just don't get it. I've gotten all major releases this last 3 months for $20 with the preorder DLC which sold for at least $10 after fees.

I guess people will just never learn

Got denied over the phone on a Black Ops 2 price match from 11/13. She said it was only 30 days for the PM. I told her about the holiday extension but she wasn't going for it and I didn't feel like arguing with her. Did get the $20 PM from Far Cry 3 at Target though. Was waiting to get some BS about having used RZ certs to get the game but she did FC3 no problem.

[quote name='Killbomb']Got denied over the phone on a Black Ops 2 price match from 11/13. She said it was only 30 days for the PM. I told her about the holiday extension but she wasn't going for it and I didn't feel like arguing with her. Did get the $20 PM from Far Cry 3 at Target though. Was waiting to get some BS about having used RZ certs to get the game but she did FC3 no problem.[/QUOTE]

I also was denied PM on BLOPS2 because it was past 30 days. Is there anywhere on the official forums that mentions this extended period? I'm having difficulty pointing out to the "fine print" of this promotion when asked. Unless people are just deducing that since you can return items past 30 days, you should also be able to PM them...which is not something the reps are buying, apparently.

So I just got denied on a price match because the guy said that the game didn't have the the "low price match guarantee" logo on the items page. The guy told me this was a ne policy they introduced on their front page website, right under the iPhone 5 ad. Did anyone else get denied because of this? If this really is a new policy, I'm just gonna start waiting on next years games to go on sale rather then preorder them for the $20 RZ cert.

bread's done
Back