Best Buy - 16GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $29.99

Forgot to tell this tale, but last week my cousin ordered one for her son for store pickup and got the confirmation to come pick up. A bit later, but before she went to pick up, she got another email saying it was out of stock. When she called to see what the deal was, they ended up giving her a 32 GB for the same price, and free UPS 2 day to boot. Lucky kid!

[quote name='Kazuya']Forgot to tell this tale, but last week my cousin ordered one for her son for store pickup and got the confirmation to come pick up. A bit later, but before she went to pick up, she got another email saying it was out of stock. When she called to see what the deal was, they ended up giving her a 32 GB for the same price, and free UPS 2 day to boot. Lucky kid![/QUOTE]

so lucky.....

[quote name='eilegz']hopefully we can get amazon price match?[/QUOTE]

Amazon only ever price-matches TV's according to their policy and my experience.
I buy almost *everything* for the business I'm work at through my personal account so they're always very, very flexible with me about things based on the sheer volume of business they're getting from us, but only once have they been flexible about pricematching anything.

Good luck though :) Never say never.

[quote name='Tourista']Amazon only ever price-matches TV's according to their policy and my experience.
I buy almost *everything* for the business I'm work at through my personal account so they're always very, very flexible with me about things based on the sheer volume of business they're getting from us, but only once have they been flexible about pricematching anything.

Good luck though :) Never say never.[/QUOTE]

Uh? Amazon price matches games and accessories quite a bit. We just need enough people to tell them about the lower price

Went to target to attempt a price match. The electronics guy wouldn't do it, claimed I needed a paper copy of their advertised price. Will try another store or try my luck when someone else is working.

[quote name='masturfator']Went to target to attempt a price match. The electronics guy wouldn't do it, claimed I needed a paper copy of their advertised price. Will try another store or try my luck when someone else is working.[/QUOTE]

I get the same thing all the time in my area, but I'm tempted to try again for this deal. Worst things is I hear the same thing as always. I'll practice my stink eye a bit in preparation for the rejection. :D

[quote name='masturfator']Went to target to attempt a price match. The electronics guy wouldn't do it, claimed I needed a paper copy of their advertised price. Will try another store or try my luck when someone else is working.[/QUOTE]

you should go to the service desk next time instead of asking the employee in the electronic section. They person working at the service desk more then likely to actually price match since they have to check up on the price match first before allowing anything. That's what I did and the electronics employee couldn't say anything since the service desk people already okayed the price match.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ffboi7']you should go to the service desk next time instead of asking the employee in the electronic section. They person working at the service desk more then likely to actually price match since they have to check up on the price match first before allowing anything. That's what I did and the electronics employee couldn't say anything since the service desk people already okayed the price match.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks! Will have to try that. I have 2 4gb cards and swapping them back and forth is getting pretty annoying. Especially for my gaming ADD haha.

Price matched with no problems at Target. The electronics guy walked me over to customer service, the person working there looked on her Ipad for the card at best buy and voila....just in time for Disgaea 3 today. :bouncy:

Price matched at target customer service with no problem. Showed the price from bestbuy.com website on my galaxy note 2 and voila!

Got the last 16gb card in stock from gateway in Brooklyn.

i'm going to hit up PC richards again in Manhattan.
was in there the other day and the video game clerk said he could do them for 40$....i was like "neh" but today I'll try the service desk and see what they can do since PC richards does price match bestbuy.

[quote name='Mick Saints']Price matched at target customer service with no problem. Showed the price from bestbuy.com website on my galaxy note 2 and voila!

Got the last 16gb card in stock from gateway in Brooklyn.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strawyleader997']I still have my 16gb memory card(cost me $48)opened, but never transfered the memory. I quit playing my vita, and I have 2 vitas now.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's some Mitt Rmoney stuff. Straight balling.

any one in the Northerner Glendale or Peoria, AZ area target price matched it at arrowhead mall location and they had four left.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']I currently have a Vita being shipped to me with a 8GB memory card. Will that be enough? Or should I get the 16GB? There's one at my local BB[/QUOTE]
Do you plan on downloading games? if so 16gb.

[quote name='renebasketball']Do you plan on downloading games? if so 16gb.[/QUOTE]

not sure. usually I'll get physical games because they are cheaper.

Anyone know if songs from my Zune will transfer to a Vita? If so I might get a 16GB card

8gb should be good enough unless you want a bunch of actual Vita games, on my 4gb I have Gravity Rush Chinatown Wars that ball rolling game that stupid GTA Nes garbage and Wild Arms with room to spare I used to have Uncharted and Gravity Rush on but that was almost filling it

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']not sure. usually I'll get physical games because they are cheaper.

Anyone know if songs from my Zune will transfer to a Vita? If so I might get a 16GB card[/QUOTE]

If they are MP3s, then yes. If they are WMAs (which are DRMed), then no.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']I currently have a Vita being shipped to me with a 8GB memory card. Will that be enough? Or should I get the 16GB? There's one at my local BB[/QUOTE]

That will be enough if you dont plan on putting any movie or full games on it. If you have Plus or thinking about getting plus you should just get the 16 because of the free games they have for plus.

[quote name='Naramie']Damn that's some Mitt Rmoney stuff. Straight balling.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for making me literally laugh out loud.

IS 16gb enough for the Cross buy option that more ps3 games are having? I currently have R&C FFA, SC: TiT, and I am going to get PSASBR

3 games right off the block to Download on the vita, Average Size of the digital copies?

[quote name='Kovorkian']IS 16gb enough for the Cross buy option that more ps3 games are having? I currently have R&C FFA, SC: TiT, and I am going to get PSASBR

3 games right off the block to Download on the vita, Average Size of the digital copies?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on if you plan to buy physical or digital, if you plan to put music or movies on it, and if you're okay with deleting stuff.

I have a 16gb and I tend to delete anything over 2 gigs that I'm not really using to conserve on space. I don't download movies on my vita, but I do use the Music Unlimited app. It doesn't take up much space. As for games, I usually buy retail if I can. It also depends on the size and price. Right now, I have 8 downloaded games (1 vita game, 2 psn games, 2 psp games, and 3 ps1 games) that only take up about 7.4 gigs of the 14 that you actually get with the card.

The woman was at Target (121 & Custer in McKinney, TX) a couple hours ago so she had them PM BB. FWIW, they still had 2 remaining. FWIW2, almost all of my games are physical copies (except for Battle Royale due to the cross-buy promo). I previously used an 8GB & it mainly stored active game demo's. I ran out of space pretty quickly so I highly recommend getting at least a 16GB if you guys/gals can.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']The woman was at Target (121 & Custer in McKinney, TX) a couple hours ago so she had them PM BB. FWIW, they still had 2 remaining. FWIW2, almost all of my games are physical copies (except for Battle Royale due to the cross-buy promo). I previously used an 8GB & it mainly stored active game demo's. I ran out of space pretty quickly so I highly recommend getting at least a 16GB if you guys/gals can.[/QUOTE]

I'll be close to the area tomorrow, maybe I'll stop by. I currently have three 4GB cards that I picked up Sears for $1.97 each. I feel like 12GB of memory is enough considering most of my media is and will be physical, just need to decide if the convenience is worth the price.

[quote name='leichstein']It really depends on if you plan to buy physical or digital, if you plan to put music or movies on it, and if you're okay with deleting stuff.

I have a 16gb and I tend to delete anything over 2 gigs that I'm not really using to conserve on space. I don't download movies on my vita, but I do use the Music Unlimited app. It doesn't take up much space. As for games, I usually buy retail if I can. It also depends on the size and price. Right now, I have 8 downloaded games (1 vita game, 2 psn games, 2 psp games, and 3 ps1 games) that only take up about 7.4 gigs of the 14 that you actually get with the card.[/QUOTE]

I always prefer physical I only get digital when super cheap compared to physical.
only digital I currently have planned is the 3 cross play and 2 ps1 games ff7 and tomba! if they are playable on the vita

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I'll be close to the area tomorrow, maybe I'll stop by. I currently have three 4GB cards that I picked up Sears for $1.97 each. I feel like 12GB of memory is enough considering most of my media is and will be physical, just need to decide if the convenience is worth the price.[/QUOTE]

I think it's much more convenient especially for the sale price. Oh yeah, she said they also have the new Harvest Moon (3DS) on sale for $20.

I'm currently using an 8GB (I prefer physical to digital, as well) and I have another 8GB and a 4GB (from the Assassin's Creed: Liberation bundle) that I have yet to open. I plan on eventually having Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PSASBR, and Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX on a card (they're already on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to the Vita). Do you guys think I should get a 16GB via this deal (likely PMing at Target)? If so, what should I do with the cards I have yet to use?

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm currently using an 8GB (I prefer physical to digital, as well) and I have another 8GB and a 4GB (from the Assassin's Creed: Liberation bundle) that I have yet to open. I plan on eventually having Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PSASBR, and Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX on a card (they're already on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to the Vita). Do you guys think I should get a 16GB via this deal (likely PMing at Target)? If so, what should I do with the cards I have yet to use?[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely get the 16GB card if I were you. The other cards can be used to download PSP games that are offered through PS Plus. Always a good idea to have more memory then you need because you never know.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm currently using an 8GB (I prefer physical to digital, as well) and I have another 8GB and a 4GB (from the Assassin's Creed: Liberation bundle) that I have yet to open. I plan on eventually having Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, PSASBR, and Final Fantasies VII, VIII, and IX on a card (they're already on my PS3 waiting to be transferred to the Vita). Do you guys think I should get a 16GB via this deal (likely PMing at Target)? If so, what should I do with the cards I have yet to use?[/QUOTE]

If I were you I would first go PM the 16GB target cards if the pm is a success then sell the two 8GB for around $20. sell the 4GB too, but i doubt if someone wants it as every vita owner already has it.

I'm curious if Target will still PM, as it says Not Available for Shipping and it's supposed to be in stock when they PM. I know you can Add to Cart and Store Pickup technically, but it seems like they'll just argue.

EDIT:Well, looks like I can't really confirm as the Guest Service guy didn't even bother to check bestbuy.com. Just changed it for me.
Supervisor override was required but they just came over and did it without a second thought.

This may be tangential but CEX ( webuy.com ) has the 32GB cards for $60. Shipping kills that deal (something like $12 shipping), but they have free shipping for over $100. So you could snag 2 32GB cards for $120 flat. I am still pissed at them for raising their price from $50, but this is still better than I have seen it elsewhere.

Just checked my local BB and dont know if they restocked or found them in the back, but they had one 16gb card on display. Asked them to check the price and sure enough it was still ringing up as $29.99. Might wanna check to see if yours restocked in case you werent to PM at Target.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just checked my local BB and dont know if they restocked or found them in the back, but they had one 16gb card on display. Asked them to check the price and sure enough it was still ringing up as $29.99. Might wanna check to see if yours restocked in case you werent to PM at Target.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thefurrypanda']Just price matched at a random target. Had to show them their own policy twice before they did it but now i can retire the 4 gig[/QUOTE]

How does the PM work at Target? As in, the same way BB does it? Just look it up and say "yes"? Or do I have to print a copy of the price from online to PM (like my Walmart does)?

[quote name='itzknickknac']How does the PM work at Target? As in, the same way BB does it? Just look it up and say "yes"? Or do I have to print a copy of the price from online to PM (like my Walmart does)?[/QUOTE]

They looked it up with an ipad

[quote name='thefurrypanda']They looked it up with an ipad[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Will have to stop by my target when I get the chance

[quote name='itzknickknac']How does the PM work at Target? As in, the same way BB does it? Just look it up and say "yes"? Or do I have to print a copy of the price from online to PM (like my Walmart does)?[/QUOTE]

Price Match Guarantee

If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.

Price Match Guarantee: the details

The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.

So, they can technically deny the PM if its not instock, but if they don't look to into the not available for shipping thing there is no reason why they shouldn't deny it.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']Just price matched at a random target. Had to show them their own policy twice before they did it but now i can retire the 4 gig[/QUOTE]

Hey All,

Just a friendly FYI- on a whim i just thought i'd try to price match at pc richards for this 16gb VITA memory card and it worked.

I just printed the online page from bestbuy.com with the 29.99 price. I brought it to customer care desk in pc richards and BAM! they immediately discounted it and i got it for 30$ without any questions.

just wanted to let everyone know you can still get these from other stores as long as they price match.

Happy Caging!

P.s. the bestbuy.com printout i brought in to show...i did photoshop out the unavailable stock info and left it blank....this is how i got it since they wont PM for out of stock items...i was lucky enough the manager/clerk didnt look into it. but worth a shot. just play dumb if they question you.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']They looked it up with an ipad[/QUOTE]LOL
I had them do it too but man they have the most non-tech savvy employees ever. Couldn't turn the Ipad on, "the case is too big it's getting in my way", can't find the item on BB.com...in the end they just used my phone.

Did Amazon ever match this or do they not match OOS items

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']Hey All,

Just a friendly FYI- on a whim i just thought i'd try to price match at pc richards for this 16gb VITA memory card and it worked.

I just printed the online page from bestbuy.com with the 29.99 price. I brought it to customer care desk in pc richards and BAM! they immediately discounted it and i got it for 30$ without any questions.

just wanted to let everyone know you can still get these from other stores as long as they price match.

Happy Caging!

P.s. the bestbuy.com printout i brought in to show...i did photoshop out the unavailable stock info and left it blank....this is how i got it since they wont PM for out of stock items...i was lucky enough the manager/clerk didnt look into it. but worth a shot. just play dumb if they question you.[/QUOTE]

You're bragging because you successfully ripped off a retailer with shady underhanded tactics? Disgusting.

bread's done
Back