Best Buy 6/1-6/7 Gamers Club Unlocked $60 & $10 off ANY WiiU Game

ulasamosa

CAGiversary!
Gamers Club Unlocked on sale again this week for $60.  Coupon is good for $10 off ANY Wii U game excluding Mario Kart, Clearance items, or preorders, everything else is g2g.  And yes it stacks with GCU, used it today.  Company wide promotion valid all week. Enjoy. 

I just came back from an in-store purchase and the coupon did NOT stack with the Mario Kart 8 $20 off promo. I tried buying Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Lost World but coupon would not add. Cashier had the actual flyer too

Has anyone tried/had any success with online item return/rebuys using this coupon? I bought 3D World and Tropical Freeze online about a day or two before this deal went live, and now they're both here. It would be kind of nice to be able to save another twenty bucks, but if it's going to be impossible/a hassle, I might as well just stay home and play video games.

Has anyone tried/had any success with online item return/rebuys using this coupon? I bought 3D World and Tropical Freeze online about a day or two before this deal went live, and now they're both here. It would be kind of nice to be able to save another twenty bucks, but if it's going to be impossible/a hassle, I might as well just stay home and play video games.
I've never had an issue doing this in the past as long as it's in the return window. I had opened the games before too, no questions asked.

I just came back from an in-store purchase and the coupon did NOT stack with the Mario Kart 8 $20 off promo. I tried buying Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Lost World but coupon would not add. Cashier had the actual flyer too
it wouldn't add for these two reasons probably. Valid 6/1/14 through 6/7/14 Excludes Mario Kart 8, Pre-Orders, & Clearance Items. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Limit 1 Per Customer

you should be able to the only problem with that is you said two games which mean if you return them then you going to have to rebuy them at two different times and if you got them for one the weird $54.99 prices that on the website sometime that not always the same as the instore prices either so it could be regular price in store so I would confirm in store prices are the same also before attempting.

Valid 6/1/14 through 6/7/14 Excludes Mario Kart 8, Pre-Orders, & Clearance Items. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Limit 1 Per Customer

Just grabbed Donkey Kong for $33.99+tax with the coupon and gcu. My fiance really like the originals on snes so she should be excited to start this after we finish NSMBu. They didnt have Ducktales or I woulda grabbed that as well but may check the other store near me this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
I purposely ordered Sonic Lost World online last week with the intention to return/rebuy. None of my stores around me showed it in stock & I wanted that game for the $20 off purchased with MK8 deal. Received it Tuesday (2-day expedited elite RZ shipping) in the mail, took it to the store and returned it. Then bought it again along with my MK8 preorder that I preordered in-store on 5/29. The CS rep was awesome and made sure that all the "deals" were correctly applied. The only deal that didn't play nice with rest of them was this $10 off WiiU game coupon. I got $20 off sonic, 20% GCU, and the MK8 preorder $10 "gas" card too. Return/rebuys aren't that much of a hassle especially if you're just trying to use the $10 coupon. They might just price match and give you back $20 too.

I've never had an issue doing this in the past as long as it's in the return window. I had opened the games before too, no questions asked.

it wouldn't add for these two reasons probably. Valid 6/1/14 through 6/7/14 Excludes Mario Kart 8, Pre-Orders, & Clearance Items. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Limit 1 Per Customer

you should be able to the only problem with that is you said two games which mean if you return them then you going to have to rebuy them at two different times and if you got them for one the weird $54.99 prices that on the website sometime that not always the same as the instore prices either so it could be regular price in store so I would confirm in store prices are the same also before attempting.

Valid 6/1/14 through 6/7/14 Excludes Mario Kart 8, Pre-Orders, & Clearance Items. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Limit 1 Per Customer

I purposely ordered Sonic Lost World online last week with the intention to return/rebuy. None of my stores around me showed it in stock & I wanted that game for the $20 off purchased with MK8 deal. Received it Tuesday (2-day expedited elite RZ shipping) in the mail, took it to the store and returned it. Then bought it again along with my MK8 preorder that I preordered in-store on 5/29. The CS rep was awesome and made sure that all the "deals" were correctly applied. The only deal that didn't play nice with rest of them was this $10 off WiiU game coupon. I got $20 off sonic, 20% GCU, and the MK8 preorder $10 "gas" card too. Return/rebuys aren't that much of a hassle especially if you're just trying to use the $10 coupon. They might just price match and give you back $20 too.
Thanks for the replies. My store didn't have any of the coupons out anywhere and also a piss poor selection of Wii U games. Lost Worlds was marked at $49.99, but I don't know if it was because it was Deadly Six Edition. I was surprised to find a lone 3D World on an endcap even though the website showed it as out of stock. The girl at the customer service desk was very helpful and after explaining my situation and then her leaving to ask her manager, she said as long as it was a generic Best Buy coupon that they could honor it no problem, but since it said limit 1 per customer, I could only get it on one game. I chose to exchange my copy of 3D World that got dinged up in shipping for their last sealed copy and chose to get the discount on Chilly Kong. Returned for $42.70, rebought for $31.58 [I think she actually applied GCU first and then took $10 off that].

I figure I might try it again at a Best Buy near work tomorrow or this weekend to get my $10ish back on 3D World. Or hope they have a better selection of games. Though I think I'm actually getting close to the point where I own all the good Wii U games worth owning...

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention the enhanced coupon image that got posted on page 3 of this thread worked no problem, and the handheld scanner was able to read the barcode off my iPhone.

[quote name="MetalGearHorus" post="11818480" timestamp="1402032855"]Thanks for the replies. My store didn't have any of the coupons out anywhere and also a piss poor selection of Wii U games. Lost Worlds was marked at $49.99, but I don't know if it was because it was Deadly Six Edition. I was surprised to find a lone 3D World on an endcap even though the website showed it as out of stock. The girl at the customer service desk was very helpful and after explaining my situation and then her leaving to ask her manager, she said as long as it was a generic Best Buy coupon that they could honor it no problem, but since it said limit 1 per customer, I could only get it on one game. I chose to exchange my copy of 3D World that got dinged up in shipping for their last sealed copy and chose to get the discount on Chilly Kong. Returned for $42.70, rebought for $31.58 [I think she actually applied GCU first and then took $10 off that].

I figure I might try it again at a Best Buy near work tomorrow or this weekend to get my $10ish back on 3D World. Or hope they have a better selection of games. Though I think I'm actually getting close to the point where I own all the good Wii U games worth owning...

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention the enhanced coupon image that got posted on page 3 of this thread worked no problem, and the handheld scanner was able to read the barcode off my iPhone.[/quote]

And they wonder why people don't shop at Best Buy. The games section in my Best Buy looks like a *Going out of Business* sale. Half the time, you can't even find copies of new and popular releases. Even prior to the Wii U coupon, I had started to scope out Wii U games just after picking up the MK8 bundle. Finding Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends and DK Tropical Freeze was near impossible at my 3 local Best Buy stores - and again, that was even before the coupon hit.

Not to mention the fact that the website inventory is completely unreliable. I went to one store (an almost 30 minute drive one way) that supposedly had Super Mario 3D World in stock. Called to verify stock (I've been burned before) and was told that they had "plenty." But when I arrived, nothing. Even had them check, nothing. But Pikmin 3 (that was supposedly unavailable) had 4 copies on the shelf.

《Bang head here》

I grabbed GCU for $60. Thanks for the heads up! Seems like it'll be worth it - never had it before. But I buy enough games that it should definitely pay for itself in 2 years.

And they wonder why people don't shop at Best Buy. The games section in my Best Buy looks like a *Going out of Business* sale. Half the time, you can't even find copies of new and popular releases. Even prior to the Wii U coupon, I had started to scope out Wii U games just after picking up the MK8 bundle. Finding Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends and DK Tropical Freeze was near impossible at my 3 local Best Buy stores - and again, that was even before the coupon hit.
I had the same experience. The one I went to has resorted to putting cover art pictures in those plastic security game cases to make it look like they have more games? The Wii U section is barren, a few copies of Luigi U, DK Tropical Freeze and Rayman Legends. No Mario 3D to be found, but (happy ending) one of the Best Buy guys asked me if I needed help and he was able to find one copy in the back, even though they showed to be out of stock. Very happy overall with the deals especially with the $30 worth of Xbox credit for $20 Deal of the Day; however, the game selection was disappointing.

Those of you seeing a barren game section, does your store have a big cage in the front?

Anything relatively new around here is kept in the cage, and they just put out foam placeholders or paper in the security case out on the floor. Sometimes it takes some time for them to get returned back to the floor from the registers.

Not saying I like the practice, just pointing out the stock might not be as low as it appears.

[quote name="Kojubat" post="11819945" timestamp="1402084419"]Those of you seeing a barren game section, does your store have a big cage in the front?

Anything relatively new around here is kept in the cage, and they just put out foam placeholders or paper in the security case out on the floor. Sometimes it takes some time for them to get returned back to the floor from the registers.

Not saying I like the practice, just pointing out the stock might not be as low as it appears.[/quote]

I've experienced this too. It makes no sense... "Hey we're going to put these new games that everyone is looking for in a place that no one will look!"

The other unfortunate part is that it's hard to find help at bby, so it's a pain to find someone that can open the cage and get the game out.

It took me about 30 minutes in the store to get borderlands 2 for the vita because of this.

Talked to the lady at service counter at my local BB.  They'd heard nothing at all about the offer, and didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I said it was available in their employee email or whatever.   She radioed to everyone with earsets as well, no one knew what I was talking about.

That being said I pulled up the image from this thread and she happily tried the coupon code from my phone and it worked fine.

After the transaction she asked curiously where I'd heard about the offer and I told her about CAG, she seemed appreciative.

(FWIW the $60 for GCU was identified in the gamer section (on the price tag as a sale)).   Nary a peep in the WiiU section however.   Was able to get their last copy of Pikmin 3 $38 with tax, which I'll take.

Update direct from BB regarding the coupons

1- The actual coupon availability is limited to SELECT STORE ONLY so some stores will have no idea what you`re for because of this.
2- All stores WILL/SHOULD BE accepting the coupon regardless if they`re a select store or not. If they don`t report the store location in the link.

Print the HQ photo of the coupon from this thread to avoid a wasted trip.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/In-store-inconsistancy-with-promotional-10-off-any-WiiU-game/m-p/817048?device-view=desktop

Issues regarding the games being delisted from BB.com preventing you from checking store stock. Alert them to the issue & what game(s) so they get the message.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-Stop-De-listing-items-n-BB-com-when-physical-stores-have/idi-p/676063

The other unfortunate part is that it's hard to find help at bby, so it's a pain to find someone that can open the cage and get the game out. It took me about 30 minutes in the store to get borderlands 2 for the vita because of this.
For me, help is never there when I actually want it, but I am constantly bothered when I don't need help.

If you ever need help, just go over and look at the Apple computers. I was just browsing and checking out the Macbooks one day and in a span of a few minutes, I had 3 different people approach me and ask if I needed help.

Can someone please post the code so we can use it online?

Enuf, I don't see a photo in the linked thread
I cropped and attempted to clean up the coupon a bit for easy clipping.

gh5001W.png

My bad it was already posted on page 3

For me, help is never there when I actually want it, but I am constantly bothered when I don't need help.

If you ever need help, just go over and look at the Apple computers. I was just browsing and checking out the Macbooks one day and in a span of a few minutes, I had 3 different people approach me and ask if I needed help.
It`s like that at walmart or target for me but at BB the same damn comcast guy keeps bugging me.

Pro-tip
To get help from staff tvs/tablet areas tend to always have staff pulling them from their areas makes lost prevention take notice & they send more staff to assist you.

To get staff to leave you alone send them on dummy quests aka "what free specials do you have can you go ask a manager I read about it online."

Just went to the Costa Mesa, CA store and picked up Scribblenauts Unmasked.  Manager wouldn't let me stack with current Sale so he took an extra $5 off.  When I wanted to add the GCU discount, he said it is not suppose to stack but made a 1-time exception.  

Ended up getting it for $15.99 before tax.  Despite a $14 savings, I still feel robbed.  I hate coupon-blocking managers...

Might try and go back tomorrow for New Super Luigi U.

Just went to the Costa Mesa, CA store and picked up Scribblenauts Unmasked. Manager wouldn't let me stack with current Sale so he took an extra $5 off. When I wanted to add the GCU discount, he said it is not suppose to stack but made a 1-time exception.

Ended up getting it for $15.99 before tax. Despite a $14 savings, I still feel robbed. I hate coupon-blocking managers...

Might try and go back tomorrow for New Super Luigi U.
How`d he block GCU if your mybb info is giving at start of a transaction the pc should do the rest.

How`d he block GCU if your mybb info is giving at start of a transaction the pc should do the rest.
Somewhere in the thread I read you were to give the coupon first prior to MyBB info. Manager wouldn't take an additional $10 off the Sales price so only did $10 total and then GCU afterwards. How should I have proceeded? I might try again tomorrow.

Kid tried to say he couldn't scan the coupon because it says not valid with other promotions and I have GCU. I told him GCU wasn't a promotion it was a service I pay for and he shrugs and scans the coupon which takes the ten off...
also did a return rebuy with the coupon for Zombie U

Major score today! I got Donkey Kong Tropical freeze for $29. I used the $10 coupon that was posted, and a random $5 "come back to us" coupon BBY emailed me yesterday out of the blue. Unfortunately they had to do the GCU first, so they voided the whole thing and started over. So the order is GCU then $10 coupon, then anything else. The coupon image worked perfectly.

I was able to get a manager override to get 20% off and $10 off on the Nintendo Land + Wii Remote Plus bundle. She manually typed in the price at $33.99 (not sure how she got that number), I had calculated $35.19=(53.99-10)*0.8

Somewhere in the thread I read you were to give the coupon first prior to MyBB info. Manager wouldn't take an additional $10 off the Sales price so only did $10 total and then GCU afterwards. How should I have proceeded? I might try again tomorrow.
With any GCU game purchase always give your phone # or mybb card the screen should prompt a GCU member pop up box. The system should.ensure the 20% off automatically so it won`t draw attention.

So it's 2 years for 60 bucks??
Yep, till July 5
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Gaming-News/Join-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-for-Only-60/ba-p/811954

Was able to use that coupon Enuf posted to get Rayman for a good deal (on sale + coupon + CGU). Thanks.
maximumzero posted it I just quoted the post he deserves the credit

Got Zelda HD for $28.31 after tax. :D PM Amazon for $41.36, used the coupon, & used a $5 rewards coupon that was expiring. Not bad at all. :D
I wish I would have went with enough for the last Sonic Lost Worlds copy..oh well. Another day.

Bought Duck Tales for $7.99+tax.  (19.99-10 coupon)-20% GCU

Know it was $15.99 yesterday online but o well.

Thanks for the picture of the coupon!

Coupon work perfectly.  Picked up few wii U games

Mario Kart 8 $48 and Sonic $10 plus taxes.  Sold Mario Kart 8 to friend for $50 & keep Sonic for $10 ;)

Duck Tales $3

Lego Batman 2 $3

Just Dance Kids $13

Rayman Legends $18

Batman Armored Edition $5

thanks op i got

super mario 3d world $35.99

zelda ww hd $27.99

scribblenauts unmasked $11.99

donkey kong country TB $31.99

ducktales $4.60

the guy at best buy keeped giving me the coupon back every time i bought a game 

So I got the coupons for GCU but it's in store only and can't be used for in-store pick up either. Pretty frustrating considering that there is only 1 BB in RI and it has a horrible selection on guides and used games.

Ha Thanks! I wasn'g going to PM just order Destiny and figured might as well get an extra $10 out of it.
I understand, just the same questions keep getting asked so figured 2 for 1, when a new person posts they might see my post and get it answered before asking.

You're welcome!

bread's done
Back