Best Buy 6/1-6/7 Gamers Club Unlocked $60 & $10 off ANY WiiU Game

ulasamosa

CAGiversary!
Gamers Club Unlocked on sale again this week for $60.  Coupon is good for $10 off ANY Wii U game excluding Mario Kart, Clearance items, or preorders, everything else is g2g.  And yes it stacks with GCU, used it today.  Company wide promotion valid all week. Enjoy. 

WATCH OUT.  I bought Unlocked then proceeded to place 16 pre-orders within the span of one day on BestBuy.com.  HALF of those orders ended up with "billing issues" 2 days later for NO REASON (my card was paid off with high limit) even though the orders went through fine at first.

So I had to call BB and they couldn't fix it and had to CANCEL half of my pre-orders.  BB doesn't have their act together in this department like Amazon does.  I'm really disappointed.

WATCH OUT. I bought Unlocked then proceeded to place 16 pre-orders within the span of one day on BestBuy.com. HALF of those orders ended up with "billing issues" 2 days later for NO REASON (my card was paid off with high limit) even though the orders went through fine at first.

So I had to call BB and they couldn't fix it and had to CANCEL half of my pre-orders. BB doesn't have their act together in this department like Amazon does. I'm really disappointed.
If you place a bunch of orders they will call and ask if you meant to for fraud protection. If you don't get back with them they will cancel the orders.

If you place a bunch of orders they will call and ask if you meant to for fraud protection. If you don't get back with them they will cancel the orders.
It's more than that. I went through hoops again after posting above. The initial orders are going through, but then for some reason, one or two days later, they try to verify the order with the Best Buy credit card a second time, and when they do so, some computer glitch is sending the WRONG 3-digit CVV code to the credit card company even though you entered the right one the first time around! This has happened to at LEAST two other people if you look on the Best Buy Unboxed forum.

Someone IT guy is asleep at the wheel at BestBuy.com and until then, expect to run into "billing issues" with all your recent pre-orders. Bunch of incompetent fools over there. Amazon doesn't even ask me for the CVV on every damn order.

All I can say is, if the above happens to you, complain bitterly on the Unboxed forums and by phone to Best Buy and let them know what's really happening. Then maybe they'll get their heads out of their rears.

Last edited by a moderator:
WATCH OUT. I bought Unlocked then proceeded to place 16 pre-orders within the span of one day on BestBuy.com. HALF of those orders ended up with "billing issues" 2 days later for NO REASON (my card was paid off with high limit) even though the orders went through fine at first.

So I had to call BB and they couldn't fix it and had to CANCEL half of my pre-orders. BB doesn't have their act together in this department like Amazon does. I'm really disappointed.
I`d suggest going a completely different route for that many pre-orders by paying $80 in $5 in-store pre-order deposits. Buy a $80 BB giftcard to cover them that way you get to use the mybb points in two weeks. Then use your card to actually pay them off via BB.com as they release. Plus you won`t run into any cancelling pre-order issues when new promos are added in the future. And whenever you make a trip to the store just get the refunded pre-order for games you already got. 16 pre-orders that`s $192+ tax saved which is like 4 more games. Add in mybb pts & credit deals means even more games/savings.

So I bought GCU a month ago and had to go on the BB forums to get the coupons after a couple weeks went by. This morning I got an email from BB with the coupons, so just a heads up for the people who got them on the forum, you might still get the original email with the coupons too.

I also bought GCU a month ago and got the coupons today, never complained on the forums since I don't really buy used games so don't care about em.  the coupons were

- b2g1 free used game

- save 10% on a digital game > $15

- save 50% on a strat guide

all expire 7/31

- b2g1 free used game
- save 10% on a digital game > $15
- save 50% on a strat guide
Damn looking at them again that`s one pathetic group of coupons for a program with a $120 MSRP. They need to really step & go far beyond just returning the buy 2 get 1 on new games. In the board room where this was presented how nobody said anything is incredible
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Upgrading-the-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-welcome-coupon/idi-p/788962

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-pre-order-purchase-credit-coupons-to-the-GCU-Gamer-s-Club/idi-p/820120

Damn looking at them again that`s one pathetic group of coupons for a program with a $120 MSRP. They need to really step & go far beyond just returning the buy 2 get 1 on new games. In the board room where this was presented how nobody said anything is incredible
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Upgrading-the-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-welcome-coupon/idi-p/788962

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-pre-order-purchase-credit-coupons-to-the-GCU-Gamer-s-Club/idi-p/820120
that is because those are the same welcome coupons as the old $15 gamers club

edit: nevermind, didnt realize you were just whoring out your best buy unboxed forum posts

Well I'm one of the newest members, I signed up for GCU yesterday!  Got a really great deal actually.  Went in traded in an old dusty tablet that is currently selling on ebay for less than $50, BB gave me $75.  So I ended up picking up GCU with the gift card and have $15 left on the GC.

Looking forward to a lot of savings.  Makes the deal hunting for preorders much easier!  Now I'm just hoping that all the goodies go to Best Buy.

I never really shop at Best Buy, but this gives me a reason to.

As for my experience: I brought the GCU card up to the register and told the employee it's supposed to be $60 (it was listed as MSRP) and he was completely unaware.  Then he took another customer and made me wait 5 minutes.  The manager swung by since he was doing his routine checks and said he was a GCU member and it was in fact $60.  I was rung up and out the store in a couple more minutes.

I'll probably end up wasting the $15 left on a strategy guide or something pointless.  Going to generally try to save it for games though.

edit: nevermind, didnt realize you were just whoring out your best buy unboxed forum posts
You call it whoring I call it helping it`s not like I ask for money or something in return. Plus noboby else is willing to put in the same amount of work. If it wasn`t for the feeback mostly directly from CAG BB in terms of gaming & GCU would certainly not be as good as it is now.

I see CAG complain daily about certain BB things but they never make a post that will get it changed. So I take their problem/issue adapt a possible solution & post it in place where it can actually make a difference. At that point all anyone has to do is take 2 minutes to support the changes they want & I`ll fight the rest of the way for them.

I do all the work, the CAG community gets the payoff of the changes which either results in cheaper games, more credit...all of which benefits anyone shopping at BB.

Look at the user names on here & there 80%-90% CAG influence. There mods flat out said CAG must be really strong 1 day there was couple CAG referrences. Then before they knew it we`d taken over their boards.

got my coupons last week, quick question on the 10 percent one off digital game under 15 how do we do that one is it referring to a eshop card or is it where we have to use the machine to print off preorders and pick a digital game off of there under 15 thank you.

enuf is a cool dude ! why are people jumping on him when hes trying to contribute some ideas that others can use ? arent we supposed to help eachothers save money ?
I doubt he cares and realizes the few people taking shots at him are nothing compared to the people who appreciates his contribution.

I doubt he cares and realizes the few people taking shots at him are nothing compared to the people who appreciates his contribution.
Absolutely, there`s almost 1400(1372) kudos generated in almost exactly 4 yrs mostly directly from CAG. By not contining to be aggressive in pursuit of a better BB & GCU I`d be doing a disservice to the 1372 people who did take the 2 minutes time to support the threads. I push for them & the "haters" too. It`s not really that serious though, it`s games & saving money on them we`re supposed to be having fun playing $60 games that we only paid $40 or less for.

I can`t understand how any true CAG can be against anything that results in cheaper games, better TIV`s, better coupons or better deals. Even if you hate BB and/or GCU you gotta be a fool not to realize them having success makes other retailers step their respective games up. Hell Amazon will even match some deals too. Plus, if you read any of my threads on the actual BB forums I`ve attacked them heavily for not doing a good job at times.

The only thing worse are CAG who post an amazing game deal thread with limited/wrong info & completely abandon their threads leaving the community to basically piece mail the thread. And the ones who wind up putting out the best info are usually responsible for posting the majority of the deal threads.

When an ideax thread goes thru those same people who weren`t willing to vote are more than happy to enjoy the benefits that come though. It`s like the @gamer coupon threads tons of hate right away then there`s a sale stack & here comes the "can I get a coupon pm" squad.

Bottom line spending 2-10 minutes voting up ideax you like allows me to provide BB mods ammo to approach the suits on better deals for all CAG community.

bread's done
Back