Best Buy AD 11/18/12-11/21/12 - 3D and TV BLOWOUT!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Forgive the formatting

Expendables 2 Blu $17.99/DVD $12.99
Expendables Blu $7.99/DVD $3.99

Game of Thrones Season One Gift Set Blu+DVD+DC $69.99

Batman Begins Blu Steelbook $9.99
Dark Knight Blu Steelbook $9.99
Buy either Batman movie and get a $5 off coupon for Dark Knight Rises, available 12/4

Santa Pups 2 Blu+DVD $22.99 ($17.99 w/ coupon from SantaPupsCoupon.com/BestBuy) / DVD $16.99

Cinderella II and III Blu+DVD $22.99/DVD $16.99
Cinderella DVD $16.99

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE on the following Blu's ($14.99 each)
21 Jump Street
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Pirates! Band of Misfits
Resident Evil Damnation
Underworld Awakening
The Vow

TOP MOVIES
That's My Boy $9.99 (DVD+UV)
The Sitter $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Chronicle $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Battleship $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Act of Valor $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Dictator $9.99 Blu/$7.99 DVD

$1.99 DVDs
Dinner for Schmucks
Scorpion King
Face/Off
Ray
Rainmaker
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
American Wedding
The Mummy

Cinderella Blu + DVD $16.99
Secret of the Wings Blu + DVD $16.99

Hold on to your wallets, folks, it's about to get intense..

BLU RAY 3D $19.99 EACH:
Madagascar 3
John Carter 3D
Cars 2
Lion King
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Toy Story 3
Tangled
Tron

BLU RAY 3D $14.99 EACH
Prometheus
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Titanic
I, Robot
Tranformers: Dark of the Moon
Immortals
Journey
Lorax

TV Series

Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 4 Blu $11.99 EACH
Burn Notice Season 5 DVD $11.99
House Seasons 1-7 DVD $11.99, Seasons 6 & 7 Blu $11.99 EACH
Justified Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $11.99 EACH
Modern Family Seasons 1 and 2 DVD $11.99 EACH
Spartacus Seasons 1 and 2 DVD $11.99 EACH
The Office Seasons 5, 6, and 7 on Blu $11.99 EACH/1-4, 7 DVD $11.99 EACH
Walking Dead Season 1 Blu $11.99, DVD Special Edition $11.99
Walking Dead Season 2 Blu $24.99, DVD $18.99
Archer Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $12.99 EACH
Eastbound and Down Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $14.99 EACH
Life & Frozen Planet 2 pack Blu $16.99
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-3 Blu $16.99 EACH
Blue Bloods Season 2 DVD $19.99
Grey's Anatomy Season 7 and 8 DVD $19.99 EACH
Revenge Season 1 $19.99
Chuck: The Complete Series DVD $119.99
Bond 50th Anniversary Blu $129.99
Smallville Complete Series DVD $149.99
Star Wars Complete Saga Blu $69.99/Episodes 4-6 Trilogy and 1-3 Trilogy $29.99 each
Gilmore Girls Complete Series DVD $84.99
Band of Brothers & The Pacific DVD $59.99
Gilligan's Island Complete Series DVD $29.99
Three Stooges DVD Gift Set $39.99
LOTR Extended Edition Blu $49.99
Indiana Jones Collection Blu $49.99
Rocky 6 disc set Blu $19.99
Alien Anthology Blu $19.99
Godfather Collection Blu $19.99
Tarantino 6 film collection Blu $69.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D so that's one less thing on Friday to worry about. Also, got a few movies my wife wanted to see so it was a good day.

I got the Book of Eli Steelbook for $9.99 which I know wasn't advertised so the Blu is on sale and the Steelbook if you can find one.

Mine had a restock of most all the WB steel book titles from a few months back for 9.99...
I picked up
Toy Story 1-3 3d combo packs
True blood seasons 3&4
Justified seasons 1&2
Fringe season 4

Will go back for The League season 2 and entourage season 8 blus, might get The Lorax

Got:
Alien Anthology
Prometheus 3D
the Sitter
the Dictator
21 Jump Street
the Raid Redemption (free)
the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Bad Teacher (free)
for about $90-92, but it took about 20 min. Here's why:
Trying to get the movies ahead of time (minus the Raid and Bad Teacher, thinking I would use the B1G1 promo on 21 and TGWTDT) I bought the movies on Friday for a whopping $150 thinking I could just price match/adjust on Sunday (today). Little did I know that this week they weren't price matching, not even themselves. I had to get the cashier to do a return rebuy, but the guy was new-ish and needed assistance as well as an override or 2. When all was said and done about 20 min after being charged about $104, I was walking out and double checked the receipt and saw I was charged 2x for the Sitter, so I had to go back and get that returned. Then the total came out to about $90 (for 11-15 movies / documentaries I am satisfied. I wasn't mad that it took so long only because it was sort of my fault for trying to beat the sale dates, but it was kind of redundant to not price match themselves for the first 3-4 days of the week.
. Hopefully my Black Friday shopping exp goes better.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']FRINGE S4 on Blu-Ray is also $16.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. Ordered that from BB since amazon didn't match that one but I did submit lower price.

Going to get Breaking Bad 1-4 on Blu from amazon :D

EDIT: Make that 3 & 4 from amazon since BB has B1G1 on 1 & 2 :D

got prometheus and oceans trilogy. When I pick up, will look around more.

Was gonna get breaking bad but have watched them on netflix, so the need to own isnt there

damn it, i need to pay closer attention to my orders...just now saw that I ordered to copies of season 4 of Burn Notice instead of 1 copy of season 4 and one of season 5. And it's shipped.....be an odd xmas present to give away too since I dont know anyone that only has a few seasons.

Picked up Lorax, Titanic, and The Pirates (all in 3D) yesterday.

Didn't think that Pirates was supposed to be part of the sale, so I was happy to pick it up.

Grabbed Journey 3D 1 and 2, Lincoln 3D, Wrath 3D, Madagascar 3 3D, Band of Misfits 3D, and the surprise Fringe 4 blu and Big Bang Theory 5 combo. Plus I still had my silver triple points coupon.

The problem that I'm running into now is trying to find out what to do with all of the Blu-Ray combo packs that I have for all of these movies that I'm replacing. Has anyone found decent places to trade or sell them, or have you just been using the usual suspects (Craigslist and Ebay?)

[quote name='zman73']Extra bonus materials discs... Come on...[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I forgot most of us on CAG buy films for the bonus content not the actual movies.

I don't think this was advertised in the ad, but when I went to the store yesterday they had the Blu-Ray set of James Bond 50-year anniversary on sale for $130. I thought that was a pretty good deal for 22 movies with very nice packaging, so I picked one up.

[quote name='psunami']The problem that I'm running into now is trying to find out what to do with all of the Blu-Ray combo packs that I have for all of these movies that I'm replacing. Has anyone found decent places to trade or sell them, or have you just been using the usual suspects (Craigslist and Ebay?)[/QUOTE]

eBay has been pretty good for me, especially 3D discs. Bought Nightmare Before Christmas for $20 a couple weeks ago and sold the DVD and 3D discs for a combined $27.

Wanted to pick up Walking Dead S1 SE as an in-store pickup, but was told they didn't have any. Came in today to pick up Breaking Bad and found on the shelf...Walking Dead S1 SE. -_-'

Is Abe Lincoln VH worth a blind buy? At 15, that is tempting, Especially since I'd probably sell the BR copy and possibly the DVD one to make up the cost.

Not the correct place to ask, but, an answer would very much be appericated.

Target does PM sales, so would I be able to PM all the sale items BB has over there? I only ask cause Target is closer to me than Best Buy.

I went a little crazy today and picked up the following Blu-Rays:
  1. The Raid
  2. 21 Jump Street (free)
  3. Adventures of Tintin 3D
  4. Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D
  5. The Pirates! 3D
  6. The Lorax 3D
  7. Resident Evil Afterlife 3D
  8. Archer Season 1
  9. Archer Season 2
  10. Last Boy Scot 3-in-1
  11. Austin Powers 3-in-1
Came to $135.90 before tax, $147.11 after tax. I might still take the two 3-packs back as I'm not in a huge hurry to watch those films, but $10 isn't bad for each of them.

Can anyone see the life/frozen planet blu combo pack for 17.99 in the ad? I went in and no stock or in transit or coud even tell me a blu price.

[quote name='zman73']Mine had a restock of most all the WB steel book titles from a few months back for 9.99...
I picked up
Toy Story 1-3 3d combo packs
True blood seasons 3&4
Justified seasons 1&2
Fringe season 4

Will go back for The League season 2 and entourage season 8 blus, might get The Lorax[/QUOTE]

All titles listed came in steelbook?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Not the correct place to ask, but, an answer would very much be appericated.

Target does PM sales, so would I be able to PM all the sale items BB has over there? I only ask cause Target is closer to me than Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='todd mitchell']Can anyone see the life/frozen planet blu combo pack for 17.99 in the ad? I went in and no stock or in transit or coud even tell me a blu price.[/QUOTE]

CAG member Bardockkun found and posted it earlier.
Here is the link for the Life & Frozen Planet Blu Ray set.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

In my experiences, Target has ALWAYS been a pain in the ass when it comes to PM'ing. Everytime I ask a worker, I always get shot down because they require a damn paper ad with the EXACT pic and wording of the item.

Any online ad, mobile ad, anything else..they don't seem to care about. Not even a screenshot of the weekly ad. HAS to be physical in hand. Which sucks, because a lot of BBY's deals in-store sometimes aren't fully in their ad.

[quote name='jcp42877']In my experiences, Target has ALWAYS been a pain in the ass when it comes to PM'ing. Everytime I ask a worker, I always get shot down because they require a damn paper ad with the EXACT pic and wording of the item.

Any online ad, mobile ad, anything else..they don't seem to care about. Not even a screenshot of the weekly ad. HAS to be physical in hand. Which sucks, because a lot of BBY's deals in-store sometimes aren't fully in their ad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ive heard about. The reason I asked was I remember reading that Target had gotten less strict about PM deals ths holiday season. Its no biggie I suppose. Thanks for the response man.

Target has a newer more lax PM policy for the holidays, and will match online prices from other retailers including walmart.com, amazon, and bestbuy.com

[quote name='ssjmichael']Target has a newer more lax PM policy for the holidays, and will match online prices from other retailers including walmart.com, amazon, and bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

Alright. Ill try tomorrow to see if I can cash in on some of the movies, if not BB it is. Thanks aswell for your resposne.

I didn't know the best place to post this, but on True Blood seasons 1-4 which are on sale they include promotional credit for amazon instant video, however each credit is not enough to redeem the HD versions even though the directions says you can and it will auto correct, it doesn't so then when you contact Amazon they will refund the purchase and add the correct amount.

And it doesn't appear there is anything making you use it on True Blood, so I now have 187 dollars of promo credit from amazon.

Of course it is probably a ymmv situation, but I contacted them twice as I had only redeemed season 1 then later tried season 2 and each time this was the result

[quote name='starmask2k3']if you buy both batman movies do u get 10 off coupon for Dark Knight Rises and thanks for the 3D movie deals[/QUOTE]

When I picked up those Steelbooks today, the $5 coupons were distributed as two $5 gift cards. I don't know if there was some quirky reason my store did this, but I'll use them as $10 Rises at any rate.

Picked these up on BluRay today:

Expendables 2 17.99
Very Harold And Kumar Christmas 9.99
Superman / Batman: Public Enemies 7.99
American Reunion 12.99
The Raid / RE Damnation 14.99

People were already camping outside the store too lol.

[quote name='The Punisher']All titles listed came in steelbook?[/QUOTE]

none of the titles he listed are steelbooks... lol

these are the WB steels

[quote name='Woodlands']When I picked up those Steelbooks today, the $5 coupons were distributed as two $5 gift cards. I don't know if there was some quirky reason my store did this, but I'll use them as $10 Rises at any rate.[/QUOTE]

It's because there were supposed to be coupons given out but they weren't distributed to stores for whatever reason so I think each store is handing it differently. Some just had the $5 credit towards DKR written on their receipt. Getting gift cards is much better.

It isn't guaranteed that all stores will do something though, but it wouldn't hurt for others here to inquire about it and find out if they can get a $5 gc at their store with the purchase.

[quote name='kerouac kid']CAG member Bardockkun found and posted it earlier.
Here is the link for the Life & Frozen Planet Blu Ray set.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for answering my question and helping out. I ordered it. My kids loved Planet Earth on Bluray so this should make a nice Christmas present. Thanks again!

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's because there were supposed to be coupons given out but they weren't distributed to stores for whatever reason so I think each store is handing it differently. Some just had the $5 credit towards DKR written on their receipt. Getting gift cards is much better.

It isn't guaranteed that all stores will do something though, but it wouldn't hurt for others here to inquire about it and find out if they can get a $5 gc at their store with the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Apparently now the $5 giftcard offer is nationwide. If you already bought a copy of TDK or Batman Begins (steelbooks) then go back with your receipt and you hopefully should get a $5 GC

I already have Begins as a Steel, but now it looks like I will have to get it and Dark Knight Steels if I will be getting a $10 gift card.

Just a reminder, but double Reward Zone points today, if things are bought in store. I'm heading out to pick up a bunch of movies for the kids.

Dolphin Tale
Secret of the Wings
Toy Story 1, 2, and 3
and Lion King

Good grief, I am buying a lot of 3D lately....

[quote name='psunami']...Good grief, I am buying a lot of 3D lately....[/QUOTE]

It's hard not to given these awesome deals. :cool:

Well I got a $5 RZ cert today, nothing I want for BB's bf sale, I think I'm just gonna have to treat myself to Abe Lincoln VH 3D. Can't say no to $10.

[quote name='psunami']Just a reminder, but double Reward Zone points today, if things are bought in store.[/QUOTE]
O.O I did not know that. Picked a good day to buy Finding Nemo pre order, Batman Begins Steel, Dark Knight Steel, Lethal Weapon, and Gundam 00 Season 2. Great haul got even better. :D

[quote name='eastx']I went a little crazy today and picked up the following Blu-Rays:
  1. The Raid
  2. 21 Jump Street (free)
  3. Adventures of Tintin 3D
  4. Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D
  5. The Pirates! 3D
  6. The Lorax 3D
  7. Resident Evil Afterlife 3D
  8. Archer Season 1
  9. Archer Season 2
  10. Last Boy Scot 3-in-1
  11. Austin Powers 3-in-1
Came to $135.90 before tax, $147.11 after tax. I might still take the two 3-packs back as I'm not in a huge hurry to watch those films, but $10 isn't bad for each of them.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:( id TOO 300

[quote name='starmask2k3']:whistle2:( id TOO 300[/QUOTE]

You meant you spent $300? That's a lot! But you need to read over your posts and make sure they make sense, dude. Neither of your last 2 comments are fully coherent.

[quote name='psunami']Just a reminder, but double Reward Zone points today, if things are bought in store. [/QUOTE]

Damn! Wish that it could've been all week, at least then I could have doubled the 80 or so I got on monday. Guess I'll have to settle for the double 40. Thanks for the heads up!

Would've done that had I not already done a return rebuy on Sunday for the purchases I made Thursday (trying to get ahead of the sale and just have to PM). Didn't want to risk anything and be marked a "serial returner."
VVVV

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up doing a return for the purchase that I made on Sunday and bought a ton more movies on Wednesday to double up on the reward zone points.

The, very cute (at least in my opinion,) customer service girl hadn't heard one thing about the deal and so we got a chance to chat about it for a bit.

I'm a 38 year old married guy. When a girl chats and flirts with me, it's an event worth celebrating.

[quote name='psunami']I ended up doing a return for the purchase that I made on Sunday and bought a ton more movies on Wednesday to double up on the reward zone points.

The, very cute (at least in my opinion,) customer service girl hadn't heard one thing about the deal and so we got a chance to chat about it for a bit.

I'm a 38 year old married guy. When a girl chats and flirts with me, it's an event worth celebrating.[/QUOTE]

Maybe u need to spice things up with your wife ;)

Anyway, I got breaking bad 1 & 2 (B1G1), Alien, and Rocky collection.
Anyone know the difference between resident evil afterlife vs 3D? Is the 3D worth it? ($3.99 vs $14.99)

Thanks op

bread's done
Back