Best Buy GCU Now Stacking with Watch Dogs $20 off Additional Games Offer

Lumas101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Yesterday, if you added one or more of the select games to your Watch Dogs order it would only take off the $20 discount. Today, GCU is stacking. The $20 comes off first, but it still saves you an additional $4-8, depending on the game.

Went into the store to get GCU for $60, which the employees had no clue about.  Then I ordered Watch Dogs, Killzone, and Infamous for about $95 online.  Good deal.

Drakenguard 3 has some abysmal reviews but I still might pick it up at the midnight release tonight since it stacks with 20% GCU for $24 before tax. I'm assuming it will stack just fine in store considering its in the ad but if it doesn't stack I should have no problem getting the price adjusted by showing them the prices of the games in my cart.

Since it stacks on multiple games I might have to rebuy Killzone 4 @$16 before tax too....damn you Best Buy! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be the perfect time to get KZ, infamous & Watchdogs for myself since i don't have any of them yet.  Thanks OP.

It's too bad that Dark Souls 2 doesn't include the PC version, but still a sweet deal.  Tempted to take my Madden 25 and Tales of Symponia Chronicles there, trading them in, then getting Watch Dogs, Drakengard 3 and Infamous for probably around $60-70 net.

Yeah, if I traded Madden 25 (PS4) and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3) in, and bought those 3 games, it'd be just about $70, before the $5 certificate I've got.

Drakenguard 3 has some abysmal reviews but I still might pick it up at the midnight release tonight since it stacks with 20% GCU for $24 before tax. I'm assuming it will stack just fine in store considering its in the ad but if it doesn't stack I should have no problem getting the price adjusted by showing them the prices of the games in my cart.

Since it stacks on multiple games I might have to rebuy Killzone 4 @$16 before tax too....damn you Best Buy! lol
I don't think they sell Drakengard 3 in store. There are no options for in store pick-up. It's only ship to home, which leads me to believe they don't carry the game in store.

I don't think they sell Drakengard 3 in store. There are no options for in store pick-up. It's only ship to home, which leads me to believe they don't carry the game in store.
really? i just checked and it give me instore pickup now option

Wish the games you could get $20 off of were better, just nothing for me.

If you do this in store make sure to check out Ibotta to see if you can get more money back for it all. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324415-get-5-back-with-50-or-10-w100-or-20-for-200-best-buy-purchases-through-ibotta-free-app-expires-615/page-1
I felt derpy the other day when I ordered Infamous on the deal on the day for pickup and then got home and realized I had basically thrown away $4 potentially.

I was gonna try to combine Wolfenstein to the pre-order deal but it looks limited on games that qualify, I might just get Kill zone again for that Co-Op update

I was gonna try to combine Wolfenstein to the pre-order deal but it looks limited on games that qualify, I might just get Kill zone again for that Co-Op update
co op update is paid DLC, iirc. also, they announced (99% sure) that you could buy the co op as a standalone. just FYI...

So, I went in and picked up my copy of Infamous and my PS+ subscription that I got with my Watchdogs preorder, but no Watchdogs. I get home and look at the reciept, and it says I picked up WatchDogs and PS+, not Infamous and PS+. They better not give me crap tomorrow when I go to pick up my copy of WatchDogs thinking they already gave it to me.

Wow have my order ready and just saw this deal would really love to get drakengard with 20 bucks off I wonder if I can somehow get it when u pick up the game tom

As much as I want to buy Warchdogs from BBY since I have GCU + the PO cert I have to pass. I'm going to Target instead because I need live membership.

I was able to pick up Drakengard at the store today.  They didn't release Watch Dog yet, but that's fine.  $24 for Drakengard is a pretty good deal to me.

What is target's deal, get a 1yr sub for $40 or something similar?
I year for $25.

I was weighing these 2 options as well:

1.) Target - Watchdogs for $65 (after CA tax) plus $25 Plus Card = $90

-OR-

2.) Best Buy - Watchdogs for $52 (after GCU and tax) plus $40 plus card minus $10 pre-order cert = $82

Best Buy wins except that I have to plunk down $60 for GCU first. Still haven't decided to do that yet.

Plus, I don't really want Watch Dogs. If I could buy the Target bundle then return an unopened Watch Dogs the next day and get a full refund but be able to keep the PS card for $25 I would do that...

Tempting to get Watch Dogs and Killzone, but I just checked the PlayStation Blog's PS+ update... on 6/3, Stick It to the Man AND Resogun are being removed (along with PES, Uncharted 3, and LBP Karting), so it looks like Sony's doing a big annual update again. Seems like Killzone would be good possibility.

I year for $25.

I was weighing these 2 options as well:

1.) Target - Watchdogs for $65 (after CA tax) plus $25 Plus Card = $90

-OR-

2.) Best Buy - Watchdogs for $52 (after GCU and tax) plus $40 plus card minus $10 pre-order cert = $82

Best Buy wins except that I have to plunk down $60 for GCU first. Still haven't decided to do that yet.

Plus, I don't really want Watch Dogs. If I could buy the Target bundle then return an unopened Watch Dogs the next day and get a full refund but be able to keep the PS card for $25 I would do that...
Your avatar explains why you would consider option number 1.

Are you referencing the fact that I am a big dummy or that like A-Rod, I am so stubborn and stingy that I don't know how to be cheap the right way.
More that you are trying to cheat the Target system by just trying to get the membership card and returning the game knowing they will prorate the amount you would be entitled to getting back.

[quote name="boogie4114" post="11791030" timestamp="1401144083"]More that you are trying to cheat the Target system by just trying to get the membership card and returning the game knowing they will prorate the amount you would be entitled to getting back.[/quote]

Sick burn!

It was worth a try but you guys are right...I was so hungry for a cheap PS Plus card that I was blinded to what is right and what is wrong. 

Option 1 eliminated. 

Does anyone know what goes on at a best buy midnight release? Do they have any swag or give anything away or are you just getting the game? I'd go if there was something to gain, but not just to pick up the game when I'm not going to play it tonight.

Does anyone know what goes on at a best buy midnight release? Do they have any swag or give anything away or are you just getting the game? I'd go if there was something to gain, but not just to pick up the game when I'm not going to play it tonight.
they usually have swag for big/aaa releases like call of duty and stuff. i am not sure about watchdogs. i know for gta v they gave out shirts, and posters at my bestbuy.

[quote name="YBX87" post="11791125" timestamp="1401147258"]they usually have swag for big/aaa releases like call of duty and stuff i am not sure about watchdogs. i know for gta v they give out shirts, and posters at my bestbuy.[/quote]

Give? Man at my best buy they don't give you anything... They sell it to you. It's just a regular get your game and go home thing. 😒

GTA V midnight release gave posters. Also Halo 4 (although I think that was a pre-order bonus lol).

Think I'm going to take advantage of this deal and get Watch Dogs and Drakengard 3 instead of the Target deal for $25 off Live/PS+. Those subscriptions can be had at a good discount fairly often anyway. I'll save my Target credit for when they actually have the best deal.

I tried to do this in-store, but their system can't ring up a preorder and a game at the same time. They ended up just overriding the price of Drakengard 3 to $23.99 in a separate transaction.

so I preordered Watch Dogs PS4 yesterday with a bunch of reward codes. If I cancel, do those go back on my account? Coz I'd like to take advantage of this deal. 

so I preordered Watch Dogs PS4 yesterday with a bunch of reward codes. If I cancel, do those go back on my account? Coz I'd like to take advantage of this deal.
According to the ad you do not need to pre-order Watch Dogs. Only buy. So I'm assuming when you ring up your pre-order you will get the $20 discount on the selected titles at that time. If you pre-ordered online then you would probably have to re-order.

From previous experience, cancelled orders with certificates used on them got credited back to my account. But it's been awhile since I've cancelled something, so I forgot how long it takes.

According to the ad you do not need to pre-order Watch Dogs. Only buy. So I'm assuming when you ring up your pre-order you will get the $20 discount on the selected titles at that time. If you pre-ordered online then you would probably have to re-order.

From previous experience, cancelled orders with certificates used on them got credited back to my account. But it's been awhile since I've cancelled something, so I forgot how long it takes.
cool thanks.

bread's done
Back