Best Buy GCU Now Stacking with Watch Dogs $20 off Additional Games Offer

Lumas101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Yesterday, if you added one or more of the select games to your Watch Dogs order it would only take off the $20 discount. Today, GCU is stacking. The $20 comes off first, but it still saves you an additional $4-8, depending on the game.

I wonder if Best Buy is mixing up dlc codes for the ps3 and ps4 orders. Inkcil said his code was for the ps3 and not the ps4. Both systems redeem codes through the same psn. The issue is that the codes are not cross platform compatible. Only the way they are redeemed is compatible. You can confirm if your code is for ps4 by calling Sony support I suppose.
Best buy had a similar problem with mixing up ps4 and ps3 codes for thief.
Hope I don't have that problem for the XB1 code.

Ok so just got home. The code was accepted apparently. I had to manually force the download under addons. Same with tge mp412 gun and vehicle expert pack

I was never hyped for this game but really an 8.4 is underwhelming? Wow
You misunderstood. The review itself was underwhelming, but then received a decent score of 8.4. Reading the review sounded like the game was average and maybe deserved a 7. So when I saw the score at the bottom, I was thrown off.

Was able to pick up my preorder (with CE guide) and mentioned something about the $20 off certain games to the CSR. He rang Infamous SS up at full price while getting my GCU discount and ended up taking $20 off that price. I ended up getting $32 off the price and used my $20 rewards from Wolfenstein to pay a total of $8.55 with tax. Couldn't pass on that deal. Now to see if I can get Ibotta to take that pickup receipt...

Of course, YMMV.
Ibotta accepted my in-store pickup receipt so I am now closer to the $10 back off $100. Friday's Mario Kart should push me over. For anyone who uses Ibotta, it's worth a shot to submit the in-store pickup receipt. Again, YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
You misunderstood. The review itself was underwhelming, but then received a decent score of 8.4. Reading the review sounded like the game was average and maybe deserved a 7. So when I saw the score at the bottom, I was thrown off.
I worked on a game that was just like that. We had given a website an exclusive to our game, it got one of the higher scores but the review itself was pretty negative.

I went to pick my WDs up today and they had a hard time finding my account for some reason.(derpy girl) She eventually figured it out. I added Killzone and it rang up $32 and I told her it was supposed to be $20 off with WDs. What does she do? $32-$20 - Paid $12.95 for Killzone. Thank you derpy girl

Ibotta accepted my in-store pickup receipt so I am now closer to the $10 back off $100. Friday's Mario Kart should push me over. For anyone who uses Ibotta, it's worth a shot to submit the in-store pickup receipt. Again, YMMV.
same for me. it went through rather quickly as well. The thing i made sure to do was get the total and the date on the submission.

Help!

I was overcharged on Drakengard 3 by quite a lot.

It was a mess trying to get the $20 off my order because I pre-ordered Watch Dogs so they took the $20 off Drakengard and even the manager had to get involved. I even told them I was GCU and mentioned that it should be 20% off Drak as well so it would be $23-ish after tax.

The calculation should have been 29.99-(.2*49.99) = $20 plus tax.

However, I was charged $23.99 plus tax = $25.

Is there some way to get the missing $3.99 back?

(I had a difficult time just trying to get them to honor the deal without doing a return/rebuy)

Help!

It was a mess trying to get the $20 off my order because I pre-ordered Watch Dogs so they took the $20 off Drakengard and even the manager had to get involved. I even told them I was GCU and mentioned that it should be 20% off Drak as well so it would be $23-ish after tax.

Is there some way to get the missing $4 back?

(I had a difficult time just trying to get them to honor the deal without doing a return/rebuy)
Are you elite or elite plus? If so, I'd call and discuss the transaction with them. I've always had good luck with the elite/plus phone reps.

Or if you're buddies with the service reps, I've gotten things "fixed" there also.

However, knowing that it's a complicated calculation for a lot of people and it matters how/when you apply 20% GCU, it might be tough to convince someone that it was calculated "incorrectly". I can also see it that you'd waste your time trying to explain it and still not getting your $4 back.

I had ordered online w/ in-store pickup.  The guy claimed all he could do was a return & rebuy along w/ Killzone - I quickly put a stop to that since I didn't want to lose my preorder bonus RZ points.  He then offers me 10% off of Killzone - I told him I didn't think so, and to just forget about it.  Not worth fighting with him (and the truth is, I already had it out with this guy once because he couldn't manage to do a trade-in correctly, but he obviously didn't remember me).  

KZ will be down to $20 before the year's out anyway.  

Help!

Is there some way to get the missing $3.99 back?
The $23.99 is the correct price. When you use discounts/coupons (from what I've experienced), it goes like this --> $49.99 originally - $20 w/ purchase of Watch Dogs, then the 20% GCU is applied on the remaining amount and not the original price of said product, so in this case, the 20% GCU discount would be about $6 ($29.99 x .2) and not $10 ($49.99 x .2), hence leaving you with a grand total of $23.99 + tax. Sorry if that was a tad confusing. If you don't believe me, add Watch Dogs and Drakengard 3 to your cart, and the latter will pop up as $23.99. Happy hacking :)

I went to pick my WDs up today and they had a hard time finding my account for some reason.(derpy girl) She eventually figured it out. I added Killzone and it rang up $32 and I told her it was supposed to be $20 off with WDs. What does she do? $32-$20 - Paid $12.95 for Killzone. Thank you derpy girl
I had an in-store preorder and it went through just fine.

After my cashier rang up my Watch Dogs preorder, I had him scan Killzone and it automatically went down to $16. Shouldn't matter but I wonder if the order you ring it up makes any difference.

My BB only had received CE guides for preorders and since I was last I was stuck with mine which had some minor denting in the corners :( So if you care about the condition that much and got it at BB for in-store pick up, I'd recommend you go sooner than later to get the best available book they have behind the desk.

So, I didn't see a clear answer in a quick forum search, so I apologize if these have been answered already...

1. Does GCU stack with a price match? I was considering getting NBA 2K14, but not for $48...the new game would be out in 4-5 months. If I could price match it to Amazon's $40, then get 20% off, then get it for $32, I might bite. I imagine this doesn't work, but I thought I'd ask.

2. Does the $20 off stack with price match, if the GCU doesn't? Like I said, I'm not about this $48 game that'll be made obsolete in 5 months.

I wish Best Buy was reckless like Target. I want to price match to $40, get $20 off, then get 20% off. I think that $16 is a good price, haha.

I anybody missing the dlc code in PS4 version of Watch Dogs for the exclusive "60 Minutes" of gameplay?  Mine is completely blank on the inside of the case.

Price match or 20% discount not both
See, I think that's completely stupid. Jacking up prices to basically ruin the GCU benefit sucks. I can either get NBA 2K14 for $48 by using GCU, or I can price match and get it for $42. IMO, they shoudl do both--not just because I want it, but because they should make their membership compelling by beating competing prices with it every time.

However, knowing that it's a complicated calculation for a lot of people and it matters how/when you apply 20% GCU, it might be tough to convince someone that it was calculated "incorrectly". I can also see it that you'd waste your time trying to explain it and still not getting your $4 back.
Thanks for the advice

The $23.99 is the correct price. When you use discounts/coupons (from what I've experienced), it goes like this --> $49.99 originally - $20 w/ purchase of Watch Dogs, then the 20% GCU is applied on the remaining amount and not the original price of said product, so in this case, the 20% GCU discount would be about $6 ($29.99 x .2) and not $10 ($49.99 x .2), hence leaving you with a grand total of $23.99 + tax. Sorry if that was a tad confusing. If you don't believe me, add Watch Dogs and Drakengard 3 to your cart, and the latter will pop up as $23.99. Happy hacking :)
Didn't know that! Thanks for the info. The price I got was right after all.

Has anyone decided to play Drakengard first or Watch Dogs? Which game will hold a higher TIV for longer?

See, I think that's completely stupid. Jacking up prices to basically ruin the GCU benefit sucks. I can either get NBA 2K14 for $48 by using GCU, or I can price match and get it for $42. IMO, they shoudl do both--not just because I want it, but because they should make their membership compelling by beating competing prices with it every time.
Not sustainable thus GCU goes up to $150 per yr, 20% drops to 10% or goes away completely with a worse replacement. The other stores aren`t offering 20% off either which is an everyday benefit that beats other retailers.

Has anyone decided to play Drakengard first or Watch Dogs? Which game will hold a higher TIV for longer? Nier is very rare these days, it seems like Drakengard 3 may be rare as well?

I'm thinking I should power through Watch Dogs ps4 first and trade it back to Best Buy for around $40 like I usually do with AAA games. Then I can tackle Drakengard and hopefully get a TIV of $20-ish like Nier goes for these days.
Watchdogs will hold + you may see deals that allow you to trade in watchdogs, pm or do the deal & rebuy watchdogs using the gc.

Watchdogs will hold + you may see deals that allow you to trade in watchdogs, pm or do the deal & rebuy watchdogs using the gc.
Cool...I played Watch Dogs ps4 this week and just traded it in to Best Buy on Sat. for $28 tiv + 50% + 10% GCU = $45-ish. Guess I'll start Drakengard 3 on Sun.

bread's done
Back