Best Buy GCU Now Stacking with Watch Dogs $20 off Additional Games Offer

Lumas101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Yesterday, if you added one or more of the select games to your Watch Dogs order it would only take off the $20 discount. Today, GCU is stacking. The $20 comes off first, but it still saves you an additional $4-8, depending on the game.

Does anyone know how the games show up on the receipt?

I'm not too sure on the second game I might buy to go with Watch Dogs so I may end up returning it depending on my mood.

so I preordered Watch Dogs PS4 yesterday with a bunch of reward codes. If I cancel, do those go back on my account? Coz I'd like to take advantage of this deal.
If you cancel/return an order that used a Reward Certificate for the partial/total of the order, whatever the equivalent is of the sum you payed with the Reward Certificate will be posted back to you account in the form of points. It is also important to note that this process can take up to 30 days. The last encounter I had with such a situation was when I was told to cancel my pre-order for the Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console since for some odd reason it did not add the pre-order bonuses to my order. I cancelled my pre-order just as the representative told me, and the second time I added the console to my cart it automatically added all the pre-order bonuses. Except now I no longer had my $200 reward certificate in my account, even though I cancelled the original pre-order about 15 minutes after having placed it. The sales representative forwarded me to Reward Zone (now known as MyBestBuy), who told me that they would be unable to help me since the points will automatically apply back to my account within 30 days, and if they manually issue me the points back now I would probably end up getting double the points back since there is no way for them to stop the automatic points adjustment. Then again that is also YMMV, as you will hear fellow CAGs share how they were able to score double points by having a CSR manually give them the points for a pre-order bonus if they haven't received it within a week of launch, and then end up getting the automatic point adjustment a few days later. Just know that if you decide to cancel now, you may not get the points back in time to pre-order the game again using those points.

P.S. Thanks OP for sharing the additional game offer, I accidentally issued myself a $50 reward certificate that I would not have been able to use since my order came to $47.99 pre-taxes which was giving me issues. On another note, since when do Reward Certificates only last 12 days after being issues? Didn't they used to be valid for like 30 or 45 days?

GTA V midnight release gave posters. Also Halo 4 (although I think that was a pre-order bonus lol).
I went to many midnight releases 3 years ago during the Gears 3, AC, Batman AC, etc year. Missed Skyrim but my store didn't have much for it. That year there were so many AAA game releases that my store was open midnight almost every other Tuesday.

Every single one my store had swag. Best was Gears 3. They had a raffle for 10 swag bags that held a shirt, lanyard, comic, tote, key chain fob, and best of all a REALLY nice beanie. The beanie itself sold for quite a bit on eBay. In fact when I went to the ghosts midnight release there was a guy with the beanie on. AC had cards and some small trinkets. Those are the only 2 I really remember though. Well that and CoD midnight releases. I think BO2 came with free 1 month live subs and 400 MSP. I went to that store so often that they gave me the left over stacks which I think amounted to a year or so of live and 3,200 MSP..

Last edited by a moderator:
so I preordered Watch Dogs PS4 yesterday with a bunch of reward codes. If I cancel, do those go back on my account? Coz I'd like to take advantage of this deal.
That's tricky. Normally when you return an item with certificates, it could take up to 30 days to return to your account. I'm not too sure about canceling an order with certificates though. I know with certificates in the past, I would return an item and shoot RZ instantly with an email, and I would have my points back on my account within two days. I would call up CS and ask them.

anyone having issues checking out?  I have KZ, Infamous and Watch Dogs preorder.  I press place order and it just refreshes the page.  Also paying all with GCs.

Thanks for the update. I caved and bought it. My wife rolled her eyes - I guess that is like getting permission.

Yeah, really stinks that people can't do PC games (more that Best Buy has pretty much stopped carrying PC overall other than a few things).  I would have been all over this even more to get Watchdogs on PC and Dark Souls 2 on PC.

No swag given away at my local Best Buy but one of the employees I'm cool with found two of the Ouroboros medallions for TES Online pre-orders and sold them to me and my cousin for a penny each.

Did you check the year? It most likely expires on June XX 2015.
The date that was listed by the certificate only stated "June 6th", didn't see a year anywhere around it which is why I assumed it meant June 6th 2014. I don't remember ever having a Reward Certificate that was valid for an entire year.

Edit: I just received the email for the reward certificate, and in fact it has the year as 2015. Didn't realize that they last so long now, I always remember them having a rather short expiration date.

Like 10 people at my Best Buy. Drakenguard 3 rang up for $23.99 pre tax ($20 off + GCU) no problem after scanning my Watch Dogs LE. Great deal.

Hit up the midnight release, no freebies but it was smooth. 6 people there. Had to get an employee to grab me a copy of KZ, picked up a ps plus year on the way to the service desk. Rang up fine with an allready solo in store preorder.

Was able to pick up my preorder (with CE guide) and mentioned something about the $20 off certain games to the CSR.  He rang Infamous SS up at full price while getting my GCU discount and ended up taking $20 off that price.  I ended up getting $32 off the price and used my $20 rewards from Wolfenstein to pay a total of $8.55 with tax.  Couldn't pass on that deal.  Now to see if I can get Ibotta to take that pickup receipt...

Of course, YMMV.

Was able to pick up my preorder (with CE guide) and mentioned something about the $20 off certain games to the CSR. He rang Infamous SS up at full price while getting my GCU discount and ended up taking $20 off that price. I ended up getting $32 off the price and used my $20 rewards from Wolfenstein to pay a total of $8.55 with tax. Couldn't pass on that deal. Now to see if I can get Ibotta to take that pickup receipt...

Of course, YMMV.
Did you place the preorder online or instore?

I placed the preorder last week online for instore pickup. It was when they had the Collector's Edition guide for $10.99 when buying Watch Dogs.
Thanks I will try that this afternoon so I can pick up Drakengard 3 as well. I preordered it online on Sunday morning before the 20% from GCU was stacking.

Was able to pick up my preorder (with CE guide) and mentioned something about the $20 off certain games to the CSR. He rang Infamous SS up at full price while getting my GCU discount and ended up taking $20 off that price. I ended up getting $32 off the price and used my $20 rewards from Wolfenstein to pay a total of $8.55 with tax. Couldn't pass on that deal. Now to see if I can get Ibotta to take that pickup receipt...

Of course, YMMV.
How the hell did you get the $20 from Wolfenstein already? It just came out last week. I thought it took 2 weeks for the system to post your points.

anyone else having issues downloading the breakthrough pack?

i keep getting "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entry."

anyone else having issues downloading the breakthrough pack?

i keep getting "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entry."
haven't picked up my preorder yet. Which system do you have? Remember that Assassin Creed codes were entered through the in game menu in the past (ubi game).

[quote name="send2amrish" post="11792619" timestamp="1401208247"]anyone else having issues downloading the breakthrough pack?

i keep getting "[background=rgb(247,247,247)]The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entry."[/background][/quote]

Hmm.. I hope this isn't a problem. Don't want to use mine yet. 😒

Thanks OP.  Nephew wanted Watch Dogs, so yesterday I preordered it for him and got Infamous for myself.  Now I just have to go pick them up.

Infamous is now $35 on amazon. Which BB would price match but not stack with this deal. After an underwhelming review on IGN with an 8.4 score... I'm confused on how I feel about Watch Dogs being a Day 1 purchase. Reading the review I thought the game would score lower, so now I'm thrown off. Getting Watch Dogs still seemed enticing because of the preorder bonus and $20 off another game but now if I can get Infamous for even less than $40...

I am distraught.

So this what I did. I bought Watch Dogs and Killzone $69.26. I sold watch dogs for $60 to a friend, put the best buy dlc on eBay and it's bidding for $15 right now as we speak. I'm still getting a $10 preorder bonus from best buy. So yea.. It's been a good day. Not sure if I should buy another watchdogs for myself...

So this what I did. I bought Watch Dogs and Killzone $69.26. I sold watch dogs for $60 to a friend, put the best buy dlc on eBay and it's bidding for $15 right now as we speak. I'm still getting a $10 preorder bonus from best buy. So yea.. It's been a good day. Not sure if I should buy another watchdogs for myself...
Your a GREAT friend!

I used the code on the psn store thru the ps3 today and it worked perfectly
I am going to pick up my PS 4 copy today after work as in store pickup. Do you know if I will get the dlc code when I pick it up or will it come to my email? Thanks in advance.

I preordered watchdogs for in store pickup but got the ps3 version instead of the ps4 version. I'm hoping they allow me to switch versions when I pickup without losing my $10 preorder bonus cert.

Infamous is now $35 on amazon. Which BB would price match but not stack with this deal. After an underwhelming review on IGN with an 8.4 score... I'm confused on how I feel about Watch Dogs being a Day 1 purchase. Reading the review I thought the game would score lower, so now I'm thrown off. Getting Watch Dogs still seemed enticing because of the preorder bonus and $20 off another game but now if I can get Infamous for even less than $40...

I am distraught.
I was never hyped for this game but really an 8.4 is underwhelming? Wow

Of course, YMMV.
What was the order of how they ring up the games or did she just do a manual adjust for the 20 off?

I was thinking

My GCU -> SS ->drakengard 3 -> watch dogs

would be 28+20+48+tax

or would it be

32 +24+48+tax?

What was the order of how they ring up the games or did she just do a manual adjust for the 20 off?
I was thinking
would be 28+20+48+tax
or would it be
32 +24+48+tax?
$32+$24+$48+tax

Guess I'll pick up Drakengard 3 tomorrow since they can just manually adjust $20+GCU off of it. $24 for a week old games isn't too bad

I was thinking

would be 28+20+48+tax

or would it be

32 +24+48+tax?
They did a manual adjustment for the $20 off due to me already having Watch Dogs preordered. He scanned it at full retail, my GCU dropped it to $47.99 and then he took the $20 off.

just checked my purchase history on psn online and it shows the breakthrough pack...just won't download though
I wonder if Best Buy is mixing up dlc codes for the ps3 and ps4 orders. Inkcil said his code was for the ps3 and not the ps4. Both systems redeem codes through the same psn. The issue is that the codes are not cross platform compatible. Only the way they are redeemed is compatible. You can confirm if your code is for ps3 by calling Sony support I suppose.

Best buy had a similar problem with mixing up ps4 and ps3 codes for thief.

bread's done
Back