Best Buy save 10% on a single item Movers Coupon in the Change your address envelope

I think Best Buy already knew about the movers coupon glitch, it just took them awhile to fix it. The higher than normal usage of the coupon during the Destiny launch probably prompted them to prioritize the fix, which appears to have been applied 2 days ago.
BB probably sold more systems than they expected due to the coupons but with such tight margins on consoles probably right. At least this promos success means BB may do the free/discounted GCU w/pur more often though.

Well I can't validate whether it was patched against hardware but I can vouch that it still works on software in-store Friday.  Picked up an extra Destiny CE in store today and the coupon discount stacked on top of GCU.

Well I can't validate whether it was patched against hardware but I can vouch that it still works on software in-store Friday. Picked up an extra Destiny CE in store today and the coupon discount stacked on top of GCU.
Well there`s at least 2 more coupons in the wild that work on everything probably won`t see them on.CAG after this though.

The mover`s coupon is NOT "supposed to work on consoles but it obviously does when scanned correctly. Unfortunately, this happened so those depending on it to last when other console bundles drop later this yr maybe disappointed.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Other-Customer-Service-Support/PS4-System-and-Mover-s-Coupon/m-p/848897#U848897
Why do some people bring up the good deals to best buys attention? If they read the coupon it says excludes bundles... On Sunday I bought an xbox one, with an extra controller and expected the coupon not to go through with everything but thank goodness it did.
I pmed Ryan and asked him not to reply to the moderator just in case there is any chance the coupon is not nuked already.

Because people are dumbasses. Even more likely, this was some junior detective or CAG/SD do-gooder (we've all seen them here) that was pissed about the coupon and hoped this would ruin it for everyone. That's my guess.

Sorry guys, it was a rash post when I came back from the store, coupled with the fact that my credit card was declined, so my head wasn't on straight.

I won't reply to the forum post/

Can you remember what order the manager scanned it in? From reading, I'm unsure if the process worked without a manager's override. I'm going in tomorrow so any info helps, thanks! From my understanding, you wanted the 10% off entire purchase mover's coupon to also apply to the controller+XBL but didn't work but when you scanned it for just the console, it worked? Did you scan the coupon before the console or vice versa.
Originally the employee scanned everything first (console, controller, game, XBL card, GCU card) and then scanned the coupon. I don't know if he hit tender first then tried the coupon though. Either way it wouldn't apply to anything and his reasoning was because the system was counting everything I was buying as part of a bundle (denoted by an asterisk on the register screen). The manager managed to just apply the coupon to the console itself though I'm not sure if he actually scanned the coupon or just gave me 10% so I would buy everything.

If they tell you it won't work try having them just apply it to the console. Good luck!

Sorry guys, it was a rash post when I came back from the store, coupled with the fact that my credit card was declined, so my head wasn't on straight.

I won't reply to the forum post/
You're the worst member in the history of this forum.

[quote name="Ryan950" post="12090679" timestamp="1410615468"]

Last edited by a moderator:
Its ok. Honest mistake. Abusers of the coupon almost certainly bring more attention to it than a lone BB forum post
There is no way you actually believe this. Ryan950 may have effectively killed this coupon for everyone, whats next? Going after the Gamestop Birthday coupon too?

Just tried it on xbox one forza bundle..... Didn't work. The bizzatch lady said "oh, that won't work on this". What the f?! Damn. Maybe best buy is catching on the movers coupon. Gonna try another best buy

Just tried it on xbox one forza bundle..... Didn't work. The bizzatch lady said "oh, that won't work on this". What the f?! Damn. Maybe best buy is catching on the movers coupon. Gonna try another best buy
Did they even attempt to scan it or they refused to even try?

I must be blind because nowhere does it exclude video game systems in the link posted in that thread.
Excludes Unilateral Minimum Resale Price (UMRP) products = Regrettably, vendor agreements prevent us from discounting gaming systems like this, which is why your coupon would not have applied to it.

Black lady refused to try it. But I just went to another best buy and at first, the lady at this other location did scan it and nope nothing. She said it doesn't work on bundles. So I said "oh,ok" and then I decided to add a play&charge kit and boom!the lady said "it took off some from the kit And the xbox... I guess I tricked it somehow" I was like "yeaaaah" at the same time I was shaking my wife. I guess it works if you add another item. Hope it works for others. Oh and one more thing... fuck you ryan950 for stupidly posting the coupon glitch on the best buy forums for the best buy moderators to see.

Again, the coupon works when done correctly
1-add filler items to prevent the no attempt denial
2-have the console scanned 1st
3-have the GCU card scanned
4-have a filler or two scanned
5-have the coupon scanned
6- have your final filler item scanned

Return the filler later

Again, the coupon works when done correctly
1-add filler items to prevent the no attempt denial
2-have the console scanned 1st
3-have the GCU card scanned
4-have a filler or two scanned
5-have the coupon scanned
6- have your final filler item scanned

Return the filler later
Should we also dance around in a circle while singing kumbaya?

You don`t NEED fillers but having them helps to prevent a rep from saying "it excludes bundles" and not even attempting to scan the coupon.

These "lil things" are what seperates the ppl who do/don`t get YMMV deals. Ppl make it too easy for the reps to deny thus they get denied.

All I did was ask nicely if they could try and see what the system does. Worked with no issue. Being nice actually goes a long way then trying to do things shady.

But I guess whatever gets you the deal.

All I did was ask nicely if they could try and see what the system does. Worked with no issue. Being nice actually goes a long way then trying to do things shady.

But I guess whatever gets you the deal.
I`m extremely nice to store reps(any rep that`s dealt with me knows I`m well prepared from the moment I step to the counter) that`s why I have good relationships will so many reps at so many different stores. Most of my extremely YMMV pm`s come from going directly to CS and asking for what I want. That`s the key I ask for what I want vs asking them "can they" do ___. I`ve been in the "strict" BB`s before they`re all the same you need to know right away whether to goto a rep or a manager.

Most failures are on the customer b/c they made a mistake vs the staff. No different than the target $1 pre-order/pm, if you don`t show the cards right away & and have filler items to prevent price drop shock your odds are better than just giving them everything.
Makes no sense to go all the way to the store then make a silly mistake that ruins the trip especially with all the ppl who complain about the "time/gas".

Black lady refused to try it. But I just went to another best buy and at first, the lady at this other location did scan it and nope nothing. She said it doesn't work on bundles. So I said "oh,ok" and then I decided to add a play&charge kit and boom!the lady said "it took off some from the kit And the xbox... I guess I tricked it somehow" I was like "yeaaaah" at the same time I was shaking my wife. I guess it works if you add another item. Hope it works for others. Oh and one more thing... fuck you ryan950 for stupidly posting the coupon glitch on the best buy forums for the best buy moderators to see.
She refused to try it because she was black? If not, why mention it? Why do people feel the need to point out someone's race for no reason? I see if you were describing someone specific to use or avoid.

Also, why do you guys always act like reps from these companies can't easily come on CAG and read what's going on? If you want to keep stuff a secret don't make threads and/or brag about it on an open forum in the first place.

got a couple of these from the post office the other day, and none had best buy coupons. poop. They said up 10/13 on the front. Im guessing I needed a newer packet?

Will this work when I pickup my Infinity 2.0 pre-order with the free figure and I have GCU? It would be nice to save another $6 and the starter pack.

Just to confirm: The coupons with both the in-store barcode and online code...work twice.  I just tried the online code on a coupon that I used in-store about 2 hours ago and it took 100 off a macbook air (just to test), so the online code and the in store barcode aren't tied together.

Just to confirm: The coupons with both the in-store barcode and online code...work twice. I just tried the online code on a coupon that I used in-store about 2 hours ago and it took 100 off a macbook air (just to test), so the online code and the in store barcode aren't tied together.
can you try to see if the code works online for madden? i couldnt get mine to work online

Online the mover coupon won't stack with GCU.  However, for the record, I did sign into my non-GCU account and tried and it did take 4 dollars off the price of the game online. 

Anyone know if the mover coupons are like the GCU ones where you could use it once online and once in store? The codes seem to be different for online and in store. Has anyone tried using the same coupon twice?

I'll gladly trade someone an in-store coupon for an online one. I can't get to a store this week and there is something I want to purchase. I can email you the coupon.

It says single item. I got it online, so I am not sure if it is actually single item or works on the whole purchase. It doesn't expire until the end of November.

bread's done
Back