Best Buy sending out 10% off coupon on PS4/Xbox One Games, Accessories, and Xbox Live/PS+ subscriptions. Expires: 2/1/14, Single Use, In-Store Only

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
b9Zqvhf.png

Similar coupon sent out for Xbox One.

It says "Save 10% on any Xbox One game, or Xbox Live product", with the same eligibility date range.
Update:
Some CAGs have reported the coupon does stack with the 20% off Unlocked discount.

Just checked. They stack with absolutely no problems.
I bought just one copy of Madden on the PS4 and the 10% discount worked. Got it down to $35 before tax.
Just want to say thanks OP for posting this. I may have missed the email otherwise. Got this to stack w/ the 20% for GCU, but I'm not sure if that required an override or anything. I was dealing with the manager at my store and she may have overridden without saying anything, she's pretty cool.
Went back today, it did stack today at a different store but only on one item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up to everyone. Just got back from my local Best Buy and they had copies of Fable Anniversary for 360 on the shelf! Gamestop and Best Buy have the date listed as 2/4 but it rang up no problems!
Yep, I don't think it has a firm street date. I bought a copy on Saturday at the NEX.

Not trying to be a naysayer here, but that could easily be interpreted to mean that it only stacks with reward certificate promos. Plus the fact that the coupon we are trying to use explicitly says that it can't be combined with any other offer or discount. I'm glad some people are able to get the stack anyway, but I think the system is actually doing what was intended by not letting it work (no idea why it works without issue for certain games, though).
I looked at my receipt (from last week) and saw that the associate scanned the coupon but it showed $0.00, so you might be correct.

I'm curious if there is a certain order to ring everything up. Maybe scan the game, then coupon and then your membership card (number)? I'm planning on going back tomorrow and trying the Xbox One coupon.

Add me to the list of people who weren't able to apply the 10% coupon off Killzone's sale price of $39.99. They scanned the coupon, nothing happened, and the sales rep told me it wouldn't work since the item was already 'discounted' to $39.99 and that the coupon excludes discounts.

The use of the words 'sale price' and 'discount' seem a little suspect, but I didn't bother to debate it any further.

Add me to the list of people who weren't able to apply the 10% coupon off Killzone's sale price of $39.99. They scanned the coupon, nothing happened, and the sales rep told me it wouldn't work since the item was already 'discounted' to $39.99 and that the coupon excludes discounts.

The use of the words 'sale price' and 'discount' seem a little suspect, but I didn't bother to debate it any further.
Sounds just like my issue. I assume since mine was scanned at $0.00 discount that I will be unable to use it again :|.

They`re not gonna ask for ID lol plus even if a guy uses a girls coupon or vice versa just say it`s a girlfriend/boyfriend. Not that it would come to that BB staff can`t even get things to work properly like the 10% off used or 20% off new.
I didn't mean Drivers license...I meant my my best buy card... My ID # will not match the ID # on the coupon! and the coupon says to scan the my best buy card and then the coupon.....

tried to get the 10% to stack with GCU when picking up a PS4 tomb raider and got shot down
At least you found Tomb Raider in your store. I tried 3 stores so far and nothing, it showed they had them in the computer but no one could find them in the back. I might just order it online and have it ship since the success of stacking the 10% with the GCU is not good anyways.

tried to get the 10% to stack with GCU when picking up a PS4 tomb raider and got shot down
Do you remember what order they scanned the items in? I'm just curious if it makes a difference since the coupon says scan MyBestBuy rewards number first, then coupon, then item. Maybe the coupon scanning before the item will allow the item? Just a random thought. I'm going to try one last time today. If they don't have the game today I'm just giving up and will wait for a price drop on Tomb Raider. I'm sure it won't take long to drop once more games start releasing for PS4/Xbox One.

Do you remember what order they scanned the items in? I'm just curious if it makes a difference since the coupon says scan MyBestBuy rewards number first, then coupon, then item. Maybe the coupon scanning before the item will allow the item? Just a random thought. I'm going to try one last time today. If they don't have the game today I'm just giving up and will wait for a price drop on Tomb Raider. I'm sure it won't take long to drop once more games start releasing for PS4/Xbox One.
In my case last week, he scanned the game, I told him my phone number for my membership and then he scanned the coupon. The coupon scanned in as $0.00. Granted, I tried it on Killzone which was on sale already.

In my case last week, he scanned the game, I told him my phone number for my membership and then he scanned the coupon. The coupon scanned in as $0.00. Granted, I tried it on Killzone which was on sale already.
Are you sure that that's the coupon that showed up? If I'm not mistaken, whenever you input your RewardZone (now MyBestBuy) info, it'll show up on your receipt with $0.00 next to it.

I'm sure your coupon still works - even though the sales rep attempted to ring it up and saw it didn't work, she handed it back to me and told me I could use it at another time if I chose to do so (by Saturday, that is).

Are you sure that that's the coupon that showed up? If I'm not mistaken, whenever you input your RewardZone (now MyBestBuy) info, it'll show up on your receipt with $0.00 next to it.

I'm sure your coupon still works - even though the sales rep attempted to ring it up and saw it didn't work, she handed it back to me and told me I could use it at another time if I chose to do so (by Saturday, that is).
I was in the same boat yesterday and I tried it again today. The register came up with some sort of message that said the coupon had already been redeemed (showed as 0.00 on my receipt yesterday). So, I had to explain my story to the guy today and they did a manual override for the 10%.

I didn't mean Drivers license...I meant my my best buy card... My ID # will not match the ID # on the coupon! and the coupon says to scan the my best buy card and then the coupon.....
Doesn`t matter the pc will allow it they`re not linked to the BB accounts. The only reason a persons name is on the coupon is b/c this is a targeted promo based on previous purchases vs a generic 10% promo.
You used to be able to text 332211 & get a 10% off reg. price item coupon/code damn near every month this looks to be the same type of
thing.
Just use it the pc will not block b/c of what you`re worried about.

Yes, it was scanned game first, GCU, and coupon last. Maybe try it with the coupon before the game?

Not sure how I feel about your SD avatar...
/cues up RIch Homie Quan - Type of Way

Doesn`t matter the pc will allow it they`re not linked to the BB accounts. The only reason a persons name is on the coupon is b/c this is a targeted promo based on previous purchases vs a generic 10% promo.
You used to be able to text 332211 & get a 10% off reg. price item coupon/code damn near every month this looks to be the same type of
thing.
Just use it the pc will not block b/c of what you`re worried about.
Ok well sounds good! I'm gonna try to use it tomorrow with xbox live to get it down to $36!

Very off topic, but considering I'd probably get the best response here, I'd like to ask anyone who remembers the Buy 3 XB1 games, Get $15 back in RZ Certs promo when the system launched to help me. I believe during that time, I saw something that stated as long as we purchased them within the week of launch (which was the promo active dates), the $15 would be credited back. It didn't. And, I contacted them once, gave me an adjustment for 0 points. Contacted them a second time, no response. A third time, they said all three games had to be purchased in one order on the same day. I swear I saw something stating otherwise. Anybody can help me out?

No go on the 10% off. I bought Knack and ask the cashier to scan in order as the coupon said and it showed the 10% off of PS4 but it was zeroed out.

I found a copy of Tomb Raider at my Best Buy. It was sitting in the back. Coupon didn't wanna work and they thought the game was on sale because of GCU for a second. But I told them that was the 20% off and they did an override just fine.

Very off topic, but considering I'd probably get the best response here, I'd like to ask anyone who remembers the Buy 3 XB1 games, Get $15 back in RZ Certs promo when the system launched to help me. I believe during that time, I saw something that stated as long as we purchased them within the week of launch (which was the promo active dates), the $15 would be credited back. It didn't. And, I contacted them once, gave me an adjustment for 0 points. Contacted them a second time, no response. A third time, they said all three games had to be purchased in one order on the same day. I swear I saw something stating otherwise. Anybody can help me out?
Actually it was $25 in certificates. They didn't have to be bought the same day. Go to the Best Buy community forums and leave a private message for Mike(check some threads to find his exact user name). He straightened it out for me.

I got the artbook TR last night and got an override to use the 10% coupon after explaining that I shouldn't be penalized for being a GCU member because according to their system I would be ineligible for all coupons going forward. She agreed and said it was dumb they did it that way.

Ok, so Mike from Best Buy has answered the issue with the 10% on the forum http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Re-Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Edition-Release-Date/m-p/775943#M13795.  Still doesn't change the fact that it has not worked for many of us.

From the forum post:

I'm sorry for any trouble you had with the coupon.  I have confirmed with the business team here at corporate that the coupon should stack with your Unlocked discount.  If you still have it, please return to your local store to attempt the sale again, being sure that the coupon instructions are followed.

Thank you for being a My Best Buy member.  Please continue to visit our forum with Gamers club questions.

Best regards,

My 10% didn't stack on KZ, so they had to call over a manager to do an override. Paid $30.xx out of pocket. Then used the 10% off a digital item coupon they sent me for signing up to GCU on the Last Of Us season pass for 17.xx.

Not a bad day.

The steps are a bit out of order from other coupons I believe. It says to scan the My BestBuy Card first, then the coupon, then the game. You'd think it would be My BB Card first, then the game, then the coupon. I'm gonna try getting TR tomorrow and hopefully I can get it without too much hassle.

I have the PS4 coupon available.  PM me if you want it, priority to "contributing" CAGs.

Gone.

Finally ended up at a different Best Buy where they did an override for the 10%.  They were very confused with the wording on the coupon and just gave up and did the override.  Last week I was told it was because the game was on sale (Killzone for $49.99), but tonight I bought Tomb Raider and it still did not work.  The only consistent factor was my Unlocked membership, so that had to be what caused the issue even though it was supposed to stack.

Anyone who still wants the PS4 10% coupon, PM me or reply here. Would prefer to give to contributing CAG (like recent CAG Fund Child's Play donor or something). Or anyone at this point.

Edit: Indicating that my coupon is the PS4 variety. Sorry for any confusion.

U do know it ended yesterday before the stores closed

Last edited:
Well I got my first ps4 game save error on tomb raider this weekend after beating it more then half way through. Anyone else have this problem? I have it highlighted since I was streaming I followed what Sony said to fix the problem. After googling it seems to be a common problem, needless to say it's pretty upsetting and my viewers didn't like it either. From what I read you should use multiple save slots a different one before every camp to prevent this.

Well I got my first ps4 game save error on tomb raider this weekend after beating it more then half way through. Anyone else have this problem? I have it highlighted since I was streaming I followed what Sony said to fix the problem. After googling it seems to be a common problem, needless to say it's pretty upsetting and my viewers didn't like it either. From what I read you should use multiple save slots a different one before every camp to prevent this.
Why was this posted here?

[quote name="StryderOmega" post="11497550" timestamp="1391459171"]Why was this posted here?[/quote]
Because a lot of people were buying tomb raider with the coupon that is why everyone wanted to know if the release was last Tuesday. That's why I wanted to see if anyone else had the problem.

bread's done
Back