Best Buy Trade-In Values for Used Games "DEVIL CUSTOMERS UNITE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Damanthia']Somehow I had added the non-existant Xbox Death by Degrees to the list at $30. It's been corrected.[/QUOTE]

add robo cop for xbox to the list...30 BUCKS :O

EDIT never mind its on there lol awesome price for what gamespot said DONT PLAY THIS GAME!

okay here are my contributions to the list as of 01/04/06:

GCN Sims Bustin' Out- $7.50
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 2 $7.50
GBA Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics $12.60
PS2 MLB 2006 $16.50
GBA Duel Masters Sempai Legends $4.40
GCN Dead To Rights $4.00
PS2 FIFA '06 $30.00

Also had one game that they offered me $1.00 and another that they wouldn't even take at all. Terminator 3: Redemption (PS2) and Future Tactics (GCN).

[quote name='Redeema']okay here are my contributions to the list as of 01/04/06:

GCN Sims Bustin' Out- $7.50
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 2 $7.50
GBA Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics $12.60
PS2 MLB 2006 $16.50
GBA Duel Masters Sempai Legends $4.40
GCN Dead To Rights $4.00
PS2 FIFA '06 $30.00

Also had one game that they offered me $1.00 and another that they wouldn't even take at all. Terminator 3: Redemption (PS2) and Future Tactics (GCN).[/QUOTE]

ive read T3: Redemption was pretty good..unfortuntly in my area the copies have been spars :( I've seen PS2 copies of it, but only one GC version at EB new aka DISPLAY CASE OPENED)..I would get the GC version as the graphics would be a step up from the PS2 version.

It's not very good. It's average at best. I wouldn't spend any more than necessary to buy it. The offered me $1 for it which means they'd sell it for $2, that ought to tell you something.

Makes me wish I would have bought a few of the many many Death by Degrees at TRU, I could use some credit there for some DVD's. I'd do it now but meh, I'm not feeling too shady today.

[quote name='TimPV3']Makes me wish I would have bought a few of the many many Death by Degrees at TRU, I could use some credit there for some DVD's. I'd do it now but meh, I'm not feeling too shady today.[/QUOTE]

How is it shady? Once you purchase the games from TRU, they are your property and you can do whatever you wish.

I honestly can't believe Death by Degrees and Robocop are netting in $30. I might go check it out tomorrow since I want to unload my TS Future Perfect and Zelda Four Swords.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I honestly can't believe Death by Degrees and Robocop are netting in $30. I might go check it out tomorrow since I want to unload my TS Future Perfect and Zelda Four Swords.[/QUOTE]

if i can find my print out recepit for the credit i got for those two games I would do it right now , but messy me can't find it :p trust me...I got 30 dollars for 2 crappy games. Too bad my turok evolution wasn't given a good price or I would have given it up just like that.

Hey thanks for keeping the list updated, the only thing would be if somehow we could keep this thread updated with what store has what on clearance/sale so that we can maximize our trade-in values.

No one seems to want my copy of Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (PS2) so I may end up trading that in tomorrow while it's still possible to net me $30 credit. Trying to get enough store credit to get myself an Xbox 360 for free.

[quote name='Redeema']Hey thanks for keeping the list updated, the only thing would be if somehow we could keep this thread updated with what store has what on clearance/sale so that we can maximize our trade-in values.

No one seems to want my copy of Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (PS2) so I may end up trading that in tomorrow while it's still possible to net me $30 credit. Trying to get enough store credit to get myself an Xbox 360 for free.[/QUOTE]

Anyone can come up with a store location list?? I will really appreciate it. Why BB here in cincinnati,ohio never started this!!!

Yeah-Yeah, there's a Moreno Valley in the DC area? I'm in So. Cal and the Best Buy in the Moreno Valley around here accepts trades. Also you said "Ricerside" and there's a Riverside around here that has a Best Buy that does trades. Am I missing the joke?

UPDATE: Death by degrees that snagged me 30$ at best buy last saturday now brings up 7.50 :(

Blood Rain 2, which is listed here for 30, now gets 7.50

Silent Hill 3 for the ps2 gives 7.50 from my CC 3$ something.

Sterling, VA best buy was a waste of my time today :(

[quote name='Redeema']If SH3 gets $7.50 I wonder what SH4 gets? It was $10 at TRU greentagged, I'll have to investigate and post my findings.[/QUOTE]

at the TRU in sterling, VA i didn't see any SH4's, but I did see SH4 at the CC across the way from it in the same shopping center. I did pick up Shadow Hearts Coveant and TER 3 for ps2.

Robocop now gets $7.00

I did forget to mention some others:

Xenosaga II (PS2) = $7.50
R-Type Final (PS2) = $8.00
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2) = $7.50

thanks unforseen. you saved me some time,gas and money with that robocop update. Do any of you guys know what Halo 2 gets?

I REALLY hope the Best Buy stores in Indianapolis start doing trade-ins. Sounds like their prices on vintage stuff are great for buyers...and the prices they give for new stuff is great for sellers. It's be nice to take in a stack of crappy recent games and come home with a much bigger stack of vintage gold.

[quote name='Rictor']I REALLY hope the Best Buy stores in Indianapolis start doing trade-ins. Sounds like their prices on vintage stuff are great for buyers...and the prices they give for new stuff is great for sellers. It's be nice to take in a stack of crappy recent games and come home with a much bigger stack of vintage gold.[/QUOTE]

yah same here. there prices are fluctuating :(

Some trade values from today. Halo 2= $16.50 and Geist (GC) only $7.50. I was really hoping it was still $30 but oh well.

Just got back from the Best Buy in Fullerton, CA...here's what I got for them:
Robotech: Battlecry (XBOX) $30 (This was a copy from the Collector's Edition that didn't have a barcode on the back of the box, so I don't know if it would be a different value from the non-Collector's Edition)
Burnout Revenge (XBOX) $22
Conflict Desert Storm 2 (XBOX) $14
Spiderman 2 (XBOX) $7.50
Roadkill (XBOX) $7.50
State of Emergency (XBOX) $7
Deus Ex 2 (XBOX) $5.50

[quote name='kpprior']Just got back from the Best Buy in Fullerton, CA...here's what I got for them:
Robotech: Battlecry (XBOX) $30 (This was a copy from the Collector's Edition that didn't have a barcode on the back of the box, so I don't know if it would be a different value from the non-Collector's Edition)
Burnout Revenge (XBOX) $22
Conflict Desert Storm 2 (XBOX) $14
Spiderman 2 (XBOX) $7.50
Roadkill (XBOX) $7.50
State of Emergency (XBOX) $7
Deus Ex 2 (XBOX) $5.50[/QUOTE]

Looks like there new high will be around 14 to 7.50 :(

no more 30 dollar games :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']Looks like there new high will be around 14 to 7.50 :(

no more 30 dollar games :([/QUOTE]

There will always be $30 trade-in games but finding which ones is the difficult part.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Blood Rain 2, which is listed here for 30, now gets 7.50
[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find where Blood Rayne 2 was listed for $30 - both systems were listed as $7.50. I'm sorry about the confusion.

All prices should now be updated to what posters have mentioned. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']:XBOX:

$30
Robotech: Battlecry

Isn't that game like $7 used at GS?[/QUOTE]

I think it is the special edition, not the regular version. It was selling for less than $10 at EB awhile ago.

[quote name='Damanthia']I couldn't find where Blood Rayne 2 was listed for $30 - both systems were listed as $7.50. I'm sorry about the confusion.

All prices should now be updated to what posters have mentioned. Please let me know if I've missed anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eraser813']Today's trades in So.Cal. FF:CC, Timesplitters: Future Perfect $31.50 (both Gamecube)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour(psp) $21.00
Aggressive Inline(Gamecube) $4.00
Bloodrayne 2(xbox) $30.00

Thank you Ravenhawk for your price updates.[/QUOTE]

page 6 i think in this thread..unfortuntly TRU sterling, va moved this product a month too late for me to do squat about it. :|
I even bought two that day hoping to get 30 a peice then run back to tru to pick up the other 4-5 left :) but oh well. damn I did see 1 robotech one :O
probibly gone now lol.

and argh if only I knew about this thread earlier as I would have cleaned out fairlakes of FF:CC for the cube as they had boat loads of that one :O

[quote name='ITDEFX']page 6 i think in this thread.. [...edited for shortness by Damanthia...]

and argh if only I knew about this thread earlier as I would have cleaned out fairlakes of FF:CC for the cube as they had boat loads of that one :O[/QUOTE]

Ah, understood. I try to keep the list fairly updated, but the prices posted further back - especially the $30 prices, have mostly been lowered since.

The TRU nearest my house still has over 100 FF:CC in stock. It's crazy. Do they really think they'll sell hidden on the back of an endcap that's bumped up against a wall? :roll:

[quote name='ITDEFX']I would really like to see that law in CA that says EB/BB can finger print you for trading in games. If BB did that to me, I would tell them to fuck off. Not that I have a criminal record or anything but what the hell? They already have my phone number, address, email, ss number, signature, urine sample, blood sample...whats next? Sperm sample, dna so they can clone me?[/QUOTE]

Yeah last time I traded at Mira Mesa San Diego CA, Gamestop (2 years ago) they fingerprinted me for trading 2 games, they werent that good either I got like $7 in Credit. Not worth the hassle to be honest, havent traded since.

It must be some CA law, because I never had trouble when I lived in North Carolina. The clerk said it was for the police, if someone comes in and reports $7 in crappy games stolen within 30 days it will make the polices job easier. Im not sure maybe it applies to all Pawn shops too. After 30 days the record will be destroyed either by the police or the store.

I can understand why this may be necessary for trade in values over $60 for games or $100 for systems but for all trades it sucks...

So much for Privacy. If I find out that GameStop has sold the info on that form or still has it, and done anything other than simply giving it to the police for law enforcement reasons allowed by law I will sue them.

newscientist2000- wow thats amazing Ive never heard of anything like that and I live in Ca also. I dont think thats even legal since they already get your info on the trade in sheet.

the fingerprint thing is done at gamerush as well I dunno if they still do it but I was told they must do it for the first year or so ..similar to a pawn shop.

this is total bullshit. doesn't a lot of credit checks and background checks on your social security number cause you some problems down the road? I know it did for me when I applied for a position working for the school system..they offered me a job I took it, did the finger print scan (which I had no problem with that), started working then two days later they said my finger prints came up as being processed and they had to suspend me from work til they figure out what the fuck happened. 2 weeks later they let me back in with no explination of what the fuck happened nor did i get paided for those 2 weeks because of there fuck up.

Traded in a Halo 2($14 now) Robotech:Battlecry (xbox $30) and the coolest thing was this, Outlaw Golf: 9 extra holes-Xbox $7(x2). This game is the Blockbuster exclusive and is being cleared out for 99 cents. YMMV though because the Best Buy worker who did my trades just selected "Outlaw Golf" on his computer because there was no "9 extra holes" game in the system. I'll take it though!

I traded in:
PS2 Smackdown v. Raw 2006-$30
PS2 Spy Fiction- $7.50
PS2 Front Mission 4- $7.50

Also, I was going to trade in Silent Hill 4 (PS2) that I got from TRU for $10, but they only offered me up $7.50 so I passed. There's four new games for the list. I'm up to $130 in store credit towards my Xbox 360. w00t!

One last note, unlike the first time I went this guy knew what he was doing so I didn't get finger printed.

Went to trade in Xbox Black Hawk Down today. I was expecting $41.50 to $30 but it had dropped to $15.50. Ultimate Spiderman for Xbox gets $15 and NBA Street Vol.3 gets $14. I did trade in another Robotech:Battlecry for $30 and the anal guy who did my trade refused to take my 2nd copy of the game because he thought the game was too scratched. That's the first time that's happened to me there. Rather than argue with the guy, I decided to just come back another time and try my luck with another employee.

Funny because at my Best Buy they've never even looked at the condition of my games, they only checked to see if they were the right games, manual wasn't even necessary because I traded in a game without one.

I know. That's been my experience too. Until yesterday that is! HA! I'll just try getting a different guy next time I go. I'm going to take in Resident Evil Outbreak 2. Does anyone know if it still get's $30?

Some more values:

Cubivore GCN $7.50
Chaos Field GCN N/A (not in system)
Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness GCN $4.00
Shining Force Neo PS2 $31.50
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble NDS $16.50
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble GCN $22.00 (IIRC)

[quote name='eraser813']I know. That's been my experience too. Until yesterday that is! HA! I'll just try getting a different guy next time I go. I'm going to take in Resident Evil Outbreak 2. Does anyone know if it still get's $30?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy sells RE: Outbreak 2 for $9.99

Does Best Buy frown upon trading multiples of games in or do they just don't care/dont keep track of whether or not you do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back