Best Buy Trade-In Values for Used Games "DEVIL CUSTOMERS UNITE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to post how much they buy it for. My tru still has a few =oP

I really wish I knew about this last week, my tru had almost everything. Oh well, at least I still got DQ8 for $10 out of this.

Here's a couple of trade values I got today. GBA Final Fantasy 1&2 Dawn of Souls=$12.60.
PS2 Dynasty Warrior 5=$31.50 and of course, PS2 Psychonauts=$30.

I just got back from Best Buy. Traded in Xbox Black Hawk Down(x2) and got $41.99 each! Needless to say I was very happy. I think the PS2 version is still worth $30. BHD at Gamerush is available at around $25.

Thanks for the values. Does anyone know about Bard's Tale? My TRU has so many.

EDIT: PS2 Bard's Tale - $7.50. No xbox. PS2 Romance X is still 30.

Has anybody traded in anything other than games yet? My g/f is thinking about dumping off her ipod mini (got a new one for Christmas and the old one has battery issues). I'm also considering trading in a Humax DTR800 tivo/dvd burnerm but I don't want to drive over there if people have difficulty trading non-gaming stuff in...

Prince of Persia Two Thrones was at $31.50 on 12/26. I bought it AC at one BB for $21.64 and traded it in for $31.50 (even though it was on sale for $29.99).

[quote name='hopesfall']Has anybody traded in anything other than games yet? My g/f is thinking about dumping off her ipod mini (got a new one for Christmas and the old one has battery issues). I'm also considering trading in a Humax DTR800 tivo/dvd burnerm but I don't want to drive over there if people have difficulty trading non-gaming stuff in...[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will give a good price for those. Its better to just ebay them. The guy behind me in BB only got $15 for his palm III.

What's up guys?! Has anyone traded in anything in 2006 at Best Buy? Just wondering if any prices have dropped. Like is Geist still a good title to trade in?

i didn't see these on the list except 1 or 2 but heres what i got..

fightclub ps2
ghost in the shell ps2 x2
death by degrees
transformers x1 (opened 1 now regreating it as not so fun)
NFSU2 paid 20 for it but will go back as its GH 20 now :(
Rocky Legends x 2(opened 1, but crappy controls)
robocop
doom 3
Rumble Roses (opened it, bah)

all ps2 games except for doom 3 and robocop which is xbox (which I dont have an xbox anyways)
prices anyone?

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Hrm how many times do you think you can cycle that game before they catch on =oP[/QUOTE]

I'm at two so far (both GC), and I plan on doing another tomorrow.

It sounds like some of you have found other best buy's participating than the ones listed on the website. I'm in the DC area and would love to know about some around here. Maybe there could be a listing in the OP of participating stores?

[quote name='jeffblack12']It sounds like some of you have found other best buy's participating than the ones listed on the website. I'm in the DC area and would love to know about some around here. Maybe there could be a listing in the OP of participating stores?[/QUOTE]

I think best buy has caught on to the TRU 9.98 sale and adjusted there prices already :( guess 200 dollars worth of PS2 games are going back this week to TRU.

as for the area, talk to Yeah-Yeah hes a local who hooked me up with Pikmin 2 :) nice guy and very helpful!

[quote name='eraser813']I know Ghost in the Shell was getting $7.50. Sorry I can't help you with the other titles.[/QUOTE]

guess ghost in the shell is going back :|

thanks though

Price List has been updated. Moved Pirates for the Xbox up to $22. There were conflicting reports earlier, so I asked when I was in a few days ago.

As far as BB trade-in locations, I only know the Chicago ones, which are listed on the web page.
Joliet, IL Store 307
Bloomingdale, IL Store 304
Countryside, IL Store 324
Orland Park, IL Store 308

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Which Best Buys are participating in this thing?[/QUOTE]

It's completely YMMV--I'd guess that at most, fifty stores are doing it right now. Call around to find out.

The workers at my Best Buy said there were 18 stores in the country doing the game trades. This was a month ago though so it's possible that the number has increased.

Holly crap...two crappy games that were given shitty review (as in don't play this game) I GOT 30 bucks EACH

XB ROBOCOP
PS2 Death by degrees

the rest of the games I wanted to trade in where given quotes of between 7.50-9.50.. wierd fight club got 10.00 even :whistle2:| so i made a 2 cents profit on it :p

I wonder how much PS2 Silent Hill 3/4 and Gladius will get?

I've cycled three copies of PoPtTT (2XB,1GC) for $31.50 eachm even after paying only $21.64 ac/at. They're sealed and sitting in the new section ($41.99 used, $29.99 new), still unopened. I traded them in through the same guy no less. Yeah... I also managed to swap out a Genesis 3 they had there for my Genesis 2, WITH the original "core" box. Best Buy is going the way of GameRush in trades... and I'm lovin' it.

They gave me $31 for FIFA '06 and $15 for MLB 2006. Everything else was between $4-12 Surprisingly, a couple of GBA games gave me a decent amount back, with one of those being $12, you can get that at Circuit City now for $3 which is a good $9 profit if you can find it. I think it was Yu-Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics or Duel Masters Sempai Legends I can't remember which one.

I can't believe they fingerprint you when going through the whole process. It's not just me is it?

[quote name='Redeema']They gave me $31 for FIFA '06 and $15 for MLB 2006. Everything else was between $4-12 Surprisingly, a couple of GBA games gave me a decent amount back, with one of those being $12, you can get that at Circuit City now for $3 which is a good $9 profit if you can find it. I think it was Yu-Yu Hakusho Tournament Tactics or Duel Masters Sempai Legends I can't remember which one.

I can't believe they fingerprint you when going through the whole process. It's not just me is it?[/QUOTE]

what the fuck? They can't fingerprint you...NO RETAIL STORE CAN DO THAT! only law enforcement can...i could be wrong on this. What state are you in? In VA , just today in my first attempt all I had to do is sign 3 copies of this form and that was it. The CSR looked at my funny saying "ooo they are all unopened..." no shit.. I think that guy is the brother of this other guy who works at the cell phone department in fairlakes..both had the same *stupid* look to them (genetic traits) and I was going to say, are you Arashes brother?

I thought I might have some trouble as since they are unopened they might have though I stole it or something..but I kept my tru recepits with me in my pocket just incase they tried that shit..but then of course I would probibly be accused of trying to rip of BB and get banned from the store, then again its what they offered to me and i bought it legally right?

Dude, I can't believe you were fingerprinted! How did they get the process started? Before you traded or after? On another note, I've got to find some of those GBA games at Circuit City. Redeema, do you remember which game it was exactly? Thanks.

[quote name='Bezerker']I know its off topic, but the Gamestop's here in Tampa fingerprint you when trading in games.[/QUOTE]

EB was doing that for awhile as well, I don't know if they still do since I haven't traded anything in there in over a year.

I know there's other people who've traded at the Gilroy store, the guy who did the deal was clueless as to what to do, he must have called over no less than 5 people to get it going. I got printed when I signed the three copies. I figured no big deal since I'm not really flipping games. As a side note, there were guys hanging around the counter and checking out the games I was trading in, I wonder if they ever made it to the shelf.

I think it was Yu Yu. Look at the CC list and check which one is $3-4 it's that game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']btw, does rumble roses trade up for anything over 10 bucks?[/QUOTE]

It's at around $3.

And they only fingerprint in CA if it involves a serial number IIRC.

[quote name='djkunai']It's at around $3.

And they only fingerprint in CA if it involves a serial number IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I would really like to see that law in CA that says EB/BB can finger print you for trading in games. If BB did that to me, I would tell them to fuck off. Not that I have a criminal record or anything but what the hell? They already have my phone number, address, email, ss number, signature, urine sample, blood sample...whats next? Sperm sample, dna so they can clone me?

I've updated the price list.

Redeema, if you let me know what system and what the trade-in prices were, I'll add the games to the list.

Also, if you haven't looked in a while, you might want to browse through the used games for sale. I grabbed Zelda: Minish Cap for GBA for $7.99 and Bomberman 64 for $3.99 tonight. They also had Tetris (original GB) and Yoshi's Cookie (original GB) for $3.99 - both of which I left since I already have them. Looks like all GB, NES, Genesis and SNES games are $3.99 and at least two of the Best Buys near me doing trade-ins have some decent older stuff for sale.

Damanthia thanks for your efforts on the price list. I didn't see that GBA Yu-Yu game or the FIFA '06 game though. They seem like confirmed values. What do you think?

eraser813, I didn't add Yu-Yu since I wasn't quite sure if that was the one or not. FIFA wasn't added because I wasn't sure which system it was for. The prices seem to vary per system (Metal Slug 4/5 $30 on PS2, $1 on Xbox) and I'd hate to have someone go in expecting $30 and get $1.

If you guys feel that I should add Yu-Yu, I will. I was just hoping to get a confirmation since Redeema seemed a bit unsure of which game it was.

Sorry, I have the list in my car (I'm always at work when I post) FIFA '06 was for PS2. I'll post everything I traded with price tomorrow if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back