Best Buy Trade-In Values for Used Games "DEVIL CUSTOMERS UNITE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='yeah-yeah']They stick your balls in a fryer if you trade in multiple copies of the same title.

You have to be a reward zone member and you have to have the gamer expansion pack. If you are already a RZ member, the expansion pack is free but takes a day before it's activated.[/QUOTE]

That's 100% pure bull honky. You got taken.

[quote name='jaffray']Here is my story, I went to the Burbank BestBuy with Metroid 2 and Bloodrayne 2. The dude is like, 31.50 and 30.00. I thought to myself, okay, it's about time these $$$$$$s don't turn me away. Anyhow, he goes to another computer and scans the games, and comes back and says, sorry, we can't take these. I'm like WTF, why not? He replies, oh these games are cheaper in the store. What a butt munch, @#$@# low paid minimum wage earning BestBuy employee. Straight up Punk![/QUOTE]

Ugh I hate the Burbank store...is that the closest one to you? You might want to try the ones in Orland, Joliet, or Countryside if Burbank didn't work. I'm going to try them out tomorrow myself...

[quote name='sonarrat']That's 100% pure bull honky. You got taken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah? According to all their press, you are required to be an RZ member to do the trade-ins. I wouldn't know whether or not they let that slide because I was already an RZ (with expansion pack) member before I went in there.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Yeah? According to all their press, you are required to be an RZ member to do the trade-ins. I wouldn't know whether or not they let that slide because I was already an RZ (with expansion pack) member before I went in there.[/QUOTE]

i did 2 separate trade-ins and they didn't ask for my RZ membership either time. strange.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Yeah? According to all their press, you are required to be an RZ member to do the trade-ins. I wouldn't know whether or not they let that slide because I was already an RZ (with expansion pack) member before I went in there.[/QUOTE]

I've traded in games at Gilroy almost every weekend since I found out about it, and I am not a Rewards Zone member. They just asked for my DL to put it on file.

[quote name='sonarrat']I've traded in games at Gilroy almost every weekend since I found out about it, and I am not a Rewards Zone member. They just asked for my DL to put it on file.[/QUOTE]

Weird. The guy actually told me today that there was a 1 day waiting period if you didn't have the gamer expansion pack with the RZ membership and needed to activate the expanion pack. Shady bitches.

And by the way, I feel like an effing tool every time I have to say "gamer expansion pack" or some derivative thereof.

Do you guys think it depends on the employee who handles the trades or do you think it doesnt matter? Are they finally cracking down and turning away the trades? I want to get rid of my games and at the same time want some nice trade in values.

Do you guys think it depends on the employee who handles the trades or do you think it doesnt matter? Are they finally cracking down and turning away the trades? I want to get rid of my games and at the same time want some nice trade in values.

[quote name='jaffray']Do you guys think it depends on the employee who handles the trades or do you think it doesnt matter? Are they finally cracking down and turning away the trades? I want to get rid of my games and at the same time want some nice trade in values.[/QUOTE]

Definitely depends on the employee, and also the relationship you have with said employee. I haven't just been Devil Customer - I've also traded in things like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox) and MGS 2 Substance (PS2), once I found out firsthand how hard they were to sell on Amazon. He proceeded to buy MGS (traded for $4, he got it for $8) and thanked me for it - I told him to think of it as a Christmas present from me.

[quote name='jaffray']Here is my story, I went to the Burbank BestBuy with Metroid 2 and Bloodrayne 2. The dude is like, 31.50 and 30.00. I thought to myself, okay, it's about time these $$$$$$s don't turn me away. Anyhow, he goes to another computer and scans the games, and comes back and says, sorry, we can't take these. I'm like WTF, why not? He replies, oh these games are cheaper in the store. What a butt munch, @#$@# low paid minimum wage earning BestBuy employee. Straight up Punk![/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happened to me. This one particular employee is the problem though as opposed to some store policy. He see's the value, says that's got to be wrong,goes check another computer and sees what MP2 and Bloodrayne 2 sell for and denies me. Ass.... I hate these anal guys. They aren't paying it out of there pockets. I even said to the guy, why is this a problem? The store still get's the credit spent there plus whatever it sells the game I just traded in. He said we just can't do it. I didn't push it anymore because I intend on going back there and trading when a more human employee is there. He did let me trade in 2 Tiger Woods PGA tour for PSP at $21 each.

[quote name='jaffray']Do you guys think it depends on the employee who handles the trades or do you think it doesnt matter? Are they finally cracking down and turning away the trades? I want to get rid of my games and at the same time want some nice trade in values.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just call them and ask what you'll get for your trade-ins? I'm sure they'll have a better idea than we will.

quite personally i expected an 'edited at' thing so i didn't leave a reason why but anyways, i dont want people to bag on an employee or something which was why i edited it. anyways yes, I am a newbie here but i've been lurking around for a few months now. Reguarding trade-ins, from what i hear its safe to trade in 2 of the same game every day, up to 3 but thats pushing it. I personally abused FF:CC a bit too much so they told me I should stop. Also reguarding West Covina, apparently Metroid Prime:2 was pulled from their system and that the same thing happened to D2R2 right before the price drop so anyone trading that in tomorrow should probably expect a price drop on that.

Just an update:

PS2 - Batman Begins - $14
PS2 - Burnout Revenge - $22
PS2 - Ultimate Spiderman - $31.50

XBX - Star Wars Episode 3 - $14
XBX - Room Zoom - $7.50
XBX - Halo 2 LE - $16.50
XBX - Turok - $4

GC - Pikmin 2 - $31.50

Anyone get lucky today at a southern california best buy? If yes, where, what, and how much did you get?

[quote name='RavenHawk']Just an update:

PS2 - Burnout Revenge - $22[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I got my $31.50 before they changed it. They're getting quicker, though, so I might be stuck with FF:CC by the time I can get down there again..

Today's trades in So.Cal. FF:CC, Timesplitters: Future Perfect $31.50 (both Gamecube)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour(psp) $21.00
Aggressive Inline(Gamecube) $4.00
Bloodrayne 2(xbox) $30.00

Thank you Ravenhawk for your price updates.

anyone know what Ps2 Aggressive Inline is worth? The Xbox version is worth $30 so I'm hoping the PS2 version is as well. I'm also interested in PS2 Resident Evil outbreak file #2. Thanks

This crap is worthless. What is the point of going to best buy and getting shot down. If any game gets more than 25.00 credit, the morons there check the price, and decline the trade. What a bunch of BS. Best buy shouldnt even do a trade in center. I have never been denied at gamerush, gamecrazy, eb, gamestop, etc., but best buy needs to die.

Funny how fast prices dropped(not really though!). Metroid Prime 2 and FF:CC both were at $30+ yesterday until around 8:30 pm. Billyknoxville then told me that his friend up in No. Cal. only got $7.50 for FF:CC and he had done his trade at 9:00. So I go tonight to trade and can now confirm that both MP2 and FF:CC both get $7.50, as well as D2R2 for Xbox.

Values today:
GC- Timesplitters Future Perfect $31.50
Pikmin 2 $31.50
PSP- Burnout Legends $30
Xbox-Timesplitters Future Perfect $30
PS2-Madagascar $16.50
Aggresive Inline $4

Good luck and stick it to the man!

Jaffray, what store are you going to?

Crap. I am stuck with FF:CC.

Well, I guess I gotta play it now. I never got past the character-creation screen the first time, so I suppose this is a good thing.

Here are some trade-in values:

PlayStation 2
Shadow Hearts 2 - $7.50
Castlevania: Lament - $7.50
Hot Shots Golf: Fore - $7.50
Resident Evil Outbreak - $7.50
Transformers - $7.50
Grandia 2 - $7.50

GameCube
P.N. 03 - $7.50
Resident Evil 4 - $22.00
Resident Evil - $8.00
Resident Evil Zero - $7.50
Paper Mario 2 - $22.00

Man, it seems that prices are dropping way too fast. Look at madgascar's drop and some other games that were in this thread.

Maybe BB is looking at this thread closely.

Hey Best Buy! I take pleasure in guttin ya!

well i dont think its so much of a price drop - just the fact that the PS2 version of madagascar has gone for $16.50 before the $30 for xbox was posted. Anyways, i've been keeping an updated list for my daily shopping routine, please correct any errors I might have missed:

XBOX

X-men Legends 2

Bloodrayne 2
Madagascar
Star Wars Republic Commando
Time Splitters Future Perfect

Burnout Revenge
GTA San Andreas (2nd Edition)
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Halo 2 LE
Sid Meier's Pirates!

Doom 3

Juiced
Star Wars Ep 3

Star Wars KOTOR 2

Def Jam Fight For NY
Ninja Gaiden

Breakdown
Catwomen
The Chronicles of Riddick
Constantine
Cold Fear
Dead to Rights 2
Otogi I
Room Zoom
Voodoo Vince

Shenmue II

Freestyle Soccer
Panzor Dragoon Orta
Pariah
Turok

PS2

Burnout Revenge
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Radiata Stories
SOCOM 3
Ultimate Spiderman
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Darkwatch
Destroy All Humans
Musashi Samurai Legend
Star Wars Ep3
Guilty Gear Isuka
Shadow of Rome
GTA Double Pack
The Warriors

Burnout Revenge

Bloodrayne 2
Echo Night Beyond
Get on Da Mic
Gran Turismo 4
Madagascar

Batman Begins

.hack//INFECTIOn
.hack//MUTATION
Asterix & Obelix
Bombastic
Castlevania: Lament
Chaos Legion 2
Dead to Rights 2
D.I.C.E.
Front Mission 4
Grandia 2
Hitman: Contracts
Hot Shots Golf: Fore
Katamari Damacy
Kingdom Hearts
King's Field: The Ancient City
Madden 2005 Collectors
MLB 2k5: World Series Edition
Powerdrome
Prince of Persia
Ratchet and Clank: UYA
Resident Evil Outbreak
Shadow Hearts 2
Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain
Smackdown VS Raw
Transformers

Fantavision
Frequency
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Ridge Racer

Game Cube

Pikmin 2
Star Fox Assault
Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Resident Evil 3

Paper Mario 2
Resident Evil 4

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Madagascar

LOTR: The 3rd Age

Resident Evil

Animal Crossing
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Ikaruga
Metroid Prime 2
P.N.03
Resident Evil Zero

Aggressive Inline
DBZ Budokai
Freestyle Soccer
Metroid Prime
Timesplitters 1

PSP

Burnout Legends

Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Gretzky Hocky
World Tour Soccer

Darkstalkers

NDS

Sprung

PS1

Viewpoint

Today I traded in the following:

PS2
Darkwatch $30
Hulk Ultimate Destruction $31.50
Destroy All Humans $30.00
Burnout Revenge $31.50
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $31.50

XBOX
Juiced $14
GTA San Andreas 2nd eition $22
Pirates Sid Meiers $16.50

GCube
Hulk Ultimate Destruction $30
Pikmin 2 $31.50
Star Fox Assault $30

[quote name='RavenHawk']
GC - Legend Of Zelda Four Swords - $16.50
[/QUOTE]

That was a fast drop. Everyone should keep in mind that they are only doing this at a handful of stores, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to keep track of what's coming in.

And I wouldn't doubt that they're watching us.

[quote name='sonarrat']I got $22 for MvC2 (XBX), not $31.50 as stated in the list.[/QUOTE]

why on earth would you trade in that game, let alone for $22 at best buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back