Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....

Bioshock Infinite
Last of Us
God of War: Ascension
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
GTA V

...For me. As far as I can tell that's pretty much every game I want "day 1" for the first half of next year - with one exception - Ni No Kuni.

Just like the last time, this is a great deal if you want a bunch of the games on the list.

For me, it's not worth it. I only think 2 of those games are possibly worthy of day one buys, but with the cost of the unlocked subscription and taxes, doesn't end up being a deal for me on a $ per game basis.

I'm jealous of those who are able to capitalize on this though.

I would strongly advice against preordering Riptide unless you got a bunch of friends or you love co-op with strangers.

The first game was virtually broken when it came to single-player. I had to get a modded gun just to finish it alone.

Has anyone been told if the Collector's Edition of Injustice qualifies for this deal? I'm thinking about preordering this at GS but I'd gladly change my mind if BB was handing out a $20 certificate to go along with it. But the Collector's Edition isn't listed on their website and the gaming department at my local store had zero idea about the promo when I asked. I hate to reserve it and find out I'm not getting my bonus.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Has anyone been told if the Collector's Edition of Injustice qualifies for this deal? I'm thinking about preordering this at GS but I'd gladly change my mind if BB was handing out a $20 certificate to go along with it. But the Collector's Edition isn't listed on their website and the gaming department at my local store had zero idea about the promo when I asked. I hate to reserve it and find out I'm not getting my bonus.[/QUOTE]

Collectors editions work so if you can find the sku to preorder it you're good.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Is the price for Dead Island Riptide correct at $49.99? Amazon also has it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The developer (i think) said that games should be cheaper MSRP at this point of the current gen consoles

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Sorry if this has been asked and answered but do we get $20 in RZ + the points for buying the game which is 120 points? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
yes you do

Official Bioshock Infinite Box Art. Meh...except for that American Flag burning...fake outrage in 3 2 1.

picture.php

[quote name='cancerman1120']Official Bioshock Infinite Box Art. Meh...except for that American Flag burning...fake outrage in 3 2 1.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]
Uncharted_Drake%27s_Fortune.jpg

He looks like an older Nathan Drake.

[quote name='CaseX']Just like the last time, this is a great deal if you want a bunch of the games on the list.

For me, it's not worth it. I only think 2 of those games are possibly worthy of day one buys, but with the cost of the unlocked subscription and taxes, doesn't end up being a deal for me on a $ per game basis.

I'm jealous of those who are able to capitalize on this though.[/QUOTE]Not true at all the previous 5 for $100 was like that b/c u had to get 5 games. Maybe ur gaming taste are too niche that no gaming program could satisfy u since u only think 2 off all the top releases are day 1 worthy. But if ur saying paying full price on day isn't ur move ok however $40 or less is very easy via 60 day pm(silver status is quite easy to achieve & u would only pay $80 in "real" $). If u know of a way to get games for a better deal than $40 or less + $20 credit day 1 I'd like to know.

Also, having the ability to get $43 back in credit for the game which when done correctly would make the next title "free" u could float the 1st purchase amount throughout the whole promo thus never really paying for games going forward for a while & ur not going to find a better deal than that.

Is there a "soft" cut off time for pre-orders for Tuesday releases? I just tried to pre-order :ps3:Far Cry 3 in-store and the SKU on the pre-order slip (from the pre-order box/kiosk) was for the full game. They had to dig for the pre-order SKU so I could just put $5 down instead of the whole $60. I wanted it this way so I could pick it up on Wednesday for the 2X points.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I have a noob quesion. Can I use the 20 certificate on an amazom gift card purchase?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I think the only thing they won't allow is a BBY gift card. That is usually what I do with mine. I buy Kindle cards so I can use them whenever I want.

[quote name='maximumzero']This promo really sucks when you're not interested in any of the games that qualify for it. :/[/QUOTE]

Yea. I wonder why DMC isn't part of it.

[quote name='klimb22']Is there a "soft" cut off time for pre-orders for Tuesday releases? I just tried to pre-order :ps3:Far Cry 3 in-store and the SKU on the pre-order slip (from the pre-order box/kiosk) was for the full game. They had to dig for the pre-order SKU so I could just put $5 down instead of the whole $60. I wanted it this way so I could pick it up on Wednesday for the 2X points.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen when I was preordering yesterday. They couldn't just scan the preorder printout. They had to find the promo flyer and scan that.
The issue was chalked up as FC3 being the last preorder still available on the old preorder system, while the new "place any dollar amount $5 and above" system is now live.

Wanted to preorder Dead Space 3 tonight with my new points, but the Xbox version is out of stock??? Noticed a few other preorder games are out of stock as well, anyone know why?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Wanted to preorder Dead Space 3 tonight with my new points, but the Xbox version is out of stock??? Noticed a few other preorder games are out of stock as well, anyone know why?[/QUOTE]
It was cause they were sold for $5 mistakenly. They haven't open them up for pre-order since that incident last month.

[quote name='htz']It was cause they were sold for $5 mistakenly. They haven't open them up for pre-order since that incident last month.[/QUOTE]

AH. I assume all those $5 orders were canceled? Or did some people actually luck out?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']AH. I assume all those $5 orders were canceled? Or did some people actually luck out?[/QUOTE]
They were all canceled within 24 hours, I was one of the few who tried.

I had zero interest in Far Cry 3 until I saw the video posted on the last page, then I preordered it ASAP. That video, was very well done and will sell you immediately.

[quote name='Poor2More']I had zero interest in Far Cry 3 until I saw the video posted on the last page, then I preordered it ASAP. That video, was very well done and will sell you immediately.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%, a couple months ago I thought this game was going to be another assassins creed/red dead redemption wanna-be (although there a bunch of similarities, far cry still seems unique), now after watching a few videos and reviews and seeing how the map is huge and the atmosphere looks beautiful, definately made me change my mind and preordered ASAP. Oh and the mushroom trip scene looks fun too lol reminded me of the uncharted 3 drug trip part

[quote name='usagi']If anyone has not picked up their Far Cry 3 xbox pre-order, there is a small $56.99 pm if you're interested at Sears.com.

Far Cry 3 xbox @sears.com[/QUOTE]

Someone on the BBY forums is claiming Nebraska Furniture Mart has Farcry 3 for $35.

I looked at the ads online but don't see what he is talking about.

well since the other thread got closed, anybody check into the DLC, from the forums it seems like people who did an online in store pickup order are not getting their dlc codes.

Bioshock does not worth day 1 as it has no MP mode per the dev interview.

I might just get the Last of Us only as the MGSR will be bought from Amazon Japan for their nice limited edition.

[quote name='GRAYFIREFOX']Bioshock does not worth day 1 as it has no MP mode per the dev interview.[/QUOTE]

do not be that guy.:cry:

[quote name='GRAYFIREFOX']Bioshock does not worth day 1 as it has no MP mode per the dev interview.

I might just get the Last of Us only as the MGSR will be bought from Amazon Japan for their nice limited edition.[/QUOTE]

I guess Skyrim shouldn't have been a day 1 buy as it doesn't have MP either...

[quote name='GRAYFIREFOX']Bioshock does not worth day 1 as it has no MP mode per the dev interview.

I might just get the Last of Us only as the MGSR will be bought from Amazon Japan for their nice limited edition.[/QUOTE]

You lame gamers who think EVERY game needs to compete with call of duty online fragfest are the reason why bioshock 2 metroid prime 2 and dead space all had tacked on mp modes that took away from time to make the core game better

Don't buy bioshock infinite, go enjoy ninja gaiden 3 they added a death match mode JUST for ppl like you

So why are you getting The Last of Us then? Your argument is flawed.

[quote name='htz']It was cause they were sold for $5 mistakenly. They haven't open them up for pre-order since that incident last month.[/QUOTE]Haven't been on CAG reg. for a while but I don't know if people where aware that you could take the pre-order ticket for FarCry 3 over the weekend & it would ring the game up not just the $5 pre-order. I guess to some getting the game a few days early would be great but I'd caution against it since it would shrink ur pm window.

[quote name='Poor2More']I had zero interest in Far Cry 3 until I saw the video posted on the last page, then I preordered it ASAP. That video, was very well done and will sell you immediately.[/QUOTE]Top tier titles w/credit deals that u have no interest in are an easy way to increase ur RZ points, credit, profit... Sell the game for $40-$50 cash/credit even on CAG then pm it later to below the amount u sold it for & keep the $20 credit + RZ points.

Halo 4 will be on sale at Kmart for 40$ starting sun the 9th through the 15th , I already pm'd it to 50 but after getting back another 10$ basically payed 20 bucks for it ... Friggin sweet . Got 6 games from the first round and with the new additions for 2013 I'd have to say the 15$ for the gcu is the best 15 bucks I ever spent !

[quote name='KongaKing']FYI far cry is 49.99 at frys.com . I PMed at best buy earlier[/QUOTE]

I was able to PM on the phone, but they said that they would give me $20 back because they thought the PC price was the PS3 price so yea I got Far Cry 3 for $39.99. One of the best games I've played so far! :D

[quote name='aircobra']So why are you getting The Last of Us then? Your argument is flawed.[/QUOTE]

Lolololol I was just about to say the same thing

[quote name='bornrunnin31']For anyone interested, Best Buy added the God of War Ascension Collectors Edition to their website finally.[/QUOTE]
Tonight I looked at it B&M and it still isn't on the kiosk in case anyone wondering.

[quote name='iduncurr']I forgot how PMing online orders are such a pain.
and this is why I'll by pre-ordering in-store for the 2013 titles[/QUOTE]

This.. First time I preordered a game online because they couldn't do it in store day before release. Been on the phone for 30mins and keep getting disco. Never again, I'll make my preorder early for the games I want from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never preordered online (aways preordered in-store due to various other reasons). I always thought PM online would be easier since you can sit in the comfort of your own home and not waste gas money, apparently that's not the case?

I've yet to have a problem getting a PM over the phone. Never takes more than 10 mins. Much easier than having to go to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back