Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='major morgan']I agree that they should match the offer, but the reason they supposedly wouldn't is because they cannot (or are just otherwise unwilling to) price match "deals" (BOGO, BOGO 50%, etc).

So even though the language in the ad says BOGO 50% off all Disney movies is quite definitive, the managers/supervisors said the ad has to state a specific price in order for them to "match" it. I think that their refusal of a match/adjustment because it doesn't have a specifically listed price is a crock of shit because they still got $57.xx from me for every 2 blu rays (and I had purchased 6).[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what they always tell me, nearly verbatim. If this doesn't work though, I can just PM to Fry's and Walmart for the 2 steelbooks I bought and get nearly the same amount off as the BOGO 50% off.

seeing this raised from the dead I figured I would ask if there are any decent places to get the Snow White Steelbook only? I don't believe BB ever even sold it with the movie and I have the CE with book but honestly would like to keep in an SB with the rest of the movies.

[quote name='Fatbot3']seeing this raised from the dead I figured I would ask if there are any decent places to get the Snow White Steelbook only? I don't believe BB ever even sold it with the movie and I have the CE with book but honestly would like to keep in an SB with the rest of the movies.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, since the SW steelbooks were given away for free for preordering, I'm pretty certain they are all gone unless you were to find a BB out in the backwoods somewhere. The steelbooks listed in this thread are all available, but you may have to travel 30-50 miles to get one. Your best bet for the SW steelbook is probably eBay.

Get a question. Never experience getting Best Buy to price match. How do I find the correct item, for example, from Walmart for Best Buy to price match?

If I were to ask Best Buy to price match the Wall-E steelbook, which does qualify: http://www.walmart.com/ip/10363599 or http://www.walmart.com/ip/10363604? I'm sure it'd be the second one, right?

If so, how? Flyer ad from Walmart, or can I just print that page out? Or do they simply check Walmart.com online to validate?

[quote name='greenrocks']Get a question. Never experience getting Best Buy to price match. How do I find the correct item, for example, from Walmart for Best Buy to price match?

If I were to ask Best Buy to price match the Wall-E steelbook, would that http://www.walmart.com/ip/10363599 qualify? If so, how? Flyer ad from Walmart, or can I just print that page out? Or do they simply check Walmart.com online to validate?[/QUOTE]

Price matching at BB is always an experience. I hate to say it but it is totally YMMV, especially in the case you describe. BB seemed to be a bit more helpful when CC was around, but they've been much more stingy since CC bit the dust.

Under normal circumstances, your best ammunition is an in-print circular ad (like from newspapers/mail) because the manager/CSR can argue that they will not price match an online price (even if it's a store like Wal Mart and it's the same price in store). Though some stores have and will price match a competitor's price shown online (amazon.com, walmart.com, etc) I think those are few and far between. Being in SoCal, I can tell you that you probably won't find a store who will price match walmart.com. If there was a print ad for Wall-E, I would most definitely take it in and they would probably price match it then (again, YMMV since some people will look for an exact match (such as 3 disk vs 2 disk, or a version with the same cover).

Outside of having a print ad, it's a real crap shoot as to whether a manager will PM for you or not. Given my luck with SoCal BB in recent memory, I personally wouldn't even bother without the print ad, but it's really your choice if you want to potentially waste time and gas for it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

[quote name='greenrocks']Get a question. Never experience getting Best Buy to price match. How do I find the correct item, for example, from Walmart for Best Buy to price match?

If I were to ask Best Buy to price match the Wall-E steelbook, which does qualify: http://www.walmart.com/ip/10363599 or http://www.walmart.com/ip/10363604? I'm sure it'd be the second one, right?

If so, how? Flyer ad from Walmart, or can I just print that page out? Or do they simply check Walmart.com online to validate?[/QUOTE]

No, the first one should be fine. For me, I added the Blu-rays at Walmart to my cart that I wanted to PM, printed out that page and went to the Customer Service desk to get a PM. I did this twice and both times successful saving at least $16 on each. Keep in mind, I did this AFTER I already purchased the steelbooks from BB. This may work better since it likely doesn't say Steelbook on the receipt and thus looks like a regular Blu-ray purchase.

Maybe I did get lucky though. There aren't even any Walmarts in NYC and they still PM'd those prices. It did require a manager override at the time. This was when these first came out and they gave out Giftcards in addition to the purchase.

To major morgan and ssjmichael,

Yeah, I acknowledge that is YMMV. It's like a hit or miss. Yeesh, SoCal. That, I'm not surprised. :)
I'm currently in Western PA for visit. I'll give that area a try and see.

Anyways, thanks for these helpful response!

Just a small update, I went to the City of Industry BB and they matched prices for Sleeping Beauty, NBC, and Pinocchio (all Steelbooks) to the respective Blu-ray prices at Frys and Walmart. I only brought printouts from the website. I told them that I had already checked with the stores to see that the items were in stock (which they were).

[quote name='jling84']Just a small update, I went to the City of Industry BB and they matched prices for Sleeping Beauty, NBC, and Pinocchio (all Steelbooks) to the respective Blu-ray prices at Frys and Walmart. I only brought printouts from the website. I told them that I had already checked with the stores to see that the items were in stock (which they were).[/QUOTE]

:shock: They PM'd a website? Nice!

Did you do that at customer service or at the checkout? Did they happen to have any more Pinocchio or Monsters Inc. SB's? I still need those!

Well they PM'd the website because Walmart and Fry's will match the price on the website in stores, or at least I think they will.

Also City of Industry BB doesn't have any Steelbooks at all. I bought them in other BBs and did a retro PM at Industry because it's right next to my work. If you want to find Monsters and Pinocchio use the stock checker on the BB website. It was extremely accurate when I was looking for my 3 Steelbooks.

bread's done
Back