Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Would someone be kind enough to post (or re-post) a definitive list of the steelbooks that are missing bonus feature discs? I don't mind if they're missing the DVD copy and the Digital Copy.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Beauty - Complete - BR Movie, BR Special Features, DVD Copy

Pirates 1 - Complete - BR movie, BR special features

Pirates 2 - Complete - BR movie, BR special features

Pirates 3 - Complete - BR movie, BR special features

Nightmare - Incomplete - BR movie - Missing - Digital copy

Pinocchio - Complete - BR movie, BR special features, DVD copy

Cars - Complete - BR movie

Monsters - Complete - BR movie, BR special Features, DVD copy, digital copy

Ratatouille - Complete - BR Movie

Wall-e - Incomplete - BR movie, BR special features, No digital copy

Bugs life - Incomplete - BR movie - missing - digital copy

[quote name='Fatbot3']Nightmare and Bug's Life are missing their digital copy discs. The reason for this is that they have expired or were expiring soon and Disney was not going to set up another system for the digital file.[/QUOTE]

For $35 you should get the best version available - no excuses.

What I don't understand is why there are time limits on the digital copies. Makes no sense. Especially when studios are very slowly acknowledging and moving towards the selling of licenses rather than physical media. In the future you will own the license to Cars and will be able to download/stream it on anything - tv, computer, phone, etc.

[quote name='Fatbot3']The Blu Ray discs are identical to the earlier releases. Nightmare and Bug's Life are missing their digital copy discs. The reason for this is that they have expired or were expiring soon and Disney was not going to set up another system for the digital file. Ratatouille is also identical to the single discs release which was the only one that I know of.

Monster's Inc comes with a Digital Copy and Sleeping Beauty and Pinnochio come with DVD versions of the film.[/QUOTE]

Disney extended ALL digital copies regardless of the expiration date printed on the insert. All copies are now good for 24 months from the date of release.

All the new expiration dates are listed here now: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/movies.html

[quote name='xbox_mole']Disney extended ALL digital copies regardless of the expiration date printed on the insert. All copies are now good for 24 months from the date of release.

All the new expiration dates are listed here now: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/movies.html[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried contacting Disney or someone to see if they can get a digital copy of A Bug's Life or another? I'd like to get my digital copy for it, and it is on that list above, so it should have been included.

what's all the fuss about Disney Digital copies? Isn't it cool how you can watch them on them Movie Rewards site anytime, anywhere? All studios need to look into that..screw digital copies linked to ONE pc only, can't be converted, DRM, etc. etc.

Let me access my movies I bought on a website anytime I like, you'll have my business! :)

[quote name='token2k6']what's all the fuss about Disney Digital copies? Isn't it cool how you can watch them on them Movie Rewards site anytime, anywhere? All studios need to look into that..screw digital copies linked to ONE pc only, can't be converted, DRM, etc. etc.

Let me access my movies I bought on a website anytime I like, you'll have my business! :)[/QUOTE]

You've had DRM with digital copies of movies you got in addition to the blu-ray or DVD? I've had no problems backing up and transferring UP, Monsters inc, The Dark Knight, and Harry potter 6 to multiple pcs...

^^if you could share, that would be a lifesaver! I'm using Win7 and AFIAK, you can't back up licenses. Now, if you meant you can enter the redeem code multiple times on different PCs then that is something I haven't tried.

I would also like to throw these digital copies into something like Handbrake so I can down convert them to my specialty 500mb file size for the PSP, but haven't been able to. Supposedly you can hax the crap out of the files but I'm not into all that..

FYI, to anyone that does want a digital copy of 'A Bug's Life' that did not get theirs in the steelbook, contact Disney support and they will send you a disc! I sent them an email yesterday and they got back to me today asking for my mailing address. It's that easy :)

Bought the last Sleeping Beauty SteelBook @ Sherman Oaks before picking up New Super Mario Bros Wii sale. Saw 1x Wall-E, 2x Ratatouille, 4x of Cars & Pinocchio, lots of Pirates Trilogy and no A Bug's Life & Monsters, Inc., Snow White & UP.

So, what's the best way to PM Walmart.com? During check-out or after at the customer service desk? Do most cashiers care enough to realize that the steelbooks are different?

Thanks, I got Monsters, Inc. and Wall-E today for $19.99.

Is it still possible to get the Up Steelbook from Best Buy? The pre-order one is showing OOS, obviously.

So, I tried to PM at the Galleria Best Buy in Buffalo tonight. Went up with a stack of them and they would only PM Pinocchio. On my receipt it has no mention of the steelbooks, so I might go back tomorrow and try my luck. I was sad to find they were out of Wall-E, Up and Snow White.

Also, do you think there is any chance of The Incredibles or Finding Nemo to get the steelbook treatment? I've been doubting it since they weren't originally Disney released.

Update!

Took my receipt to a different Best Buy, and the girl at the service desk actually went and found lower prices than the ones I brought from my walmart.com cart printout! Used the returned cash to pick up Wall-E and Ratatouille. Still trying to track down a copy of Up and Snow White.

[quote name='monk0nuggets']Update!

Took my receipt to a different Best Buy, and the girl at the service desk actually went and found lower prices than the ones I brought from my walmart.com cart printout! Used the returned cash to pick up Wall-E and Ratatouille. Still trying to track down a copy of Up and Snow White.[/QUOTE]

Is it still possible to get Up? I thought it was a pre-order only.

Up was both a pre order bonus, and a limited release a few weeks ago, as was Snow White. Anyone have a spare of either of those? Case only, or whole thing? Also, does anyone have a screen cap of Nightmare Before Christmas with a low price and no date? It's up to $30 and OOS on Wal-Mart.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']Up was both a pre order bonus, and a limited release a few weeks ago, as was Snow White. Anyone have a spare of either of those? Case only, or whole thing? Also, does anyone have a screen cap of Nightmare Before Christmas with a low price and no date? It's up to $30 and OOS on Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra sealed SW steelbook case (preorder). I also have the BR also. PM me if you want them. Cost plus shipping (PP fees maybe) if you're interested.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']Up was both a pre order bonus, and a limited release a few weeks ago, as was Snow White. Anyone have a spare of either of those? Case only, or whole thing? Also, does anyone have a screen cap of Nightmare Before Christmas with a low price and no date? It's up to $30 and OOS on Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

They're still available online and at some stores. Search "steelbook" and you'll see the Up and Snow White cases. They're 14.99 which is a bit steep.

Ick. Not so hot at $15, but I've got the others, so I'll have to keep looking. I did find one for Up at $15 (I passed). I was hoping someone got the preorder and ended up getting the complete steelbook.

[quote name='adambz']Is it still possible to get Up? I thought it was a pre-order only.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few in stores, but I can't seem to find them now that I have the money!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='monk0nuggets']I've seen a few in stores, but I can't seem to find them now that I have to money![/QUOTE]
I've seen a couple too in a end cap in the music section of all places. Heavy YMMV

Any coupons or deals on the steelbooks? They look pretty cool but can't bring myself to spend 35 on them.

Just curious....would Best Buy pricematch these with Target. I know Target will have Sleeping Beauty for $20 starting tomorrow....curious if I bring the Steelbook up to the register if they will match it.

[quote name='doubledown']Just curious....would Best Buy pricematch these with Target. I know Target will have Sleeping Beauty for $20 starting tomorrow....curious if I bring the Steelbook up to the register if they will match it.[/QUOTE]

They price match walmart.com.

I pricematched all mine. I did it after the fact, but had no problems. I used Walmart, TRU, and Target printouts of my cart. I don't even have a Walmart in my city and they didn't care.

Cool....I will take the WalMArt.com printout and try and get the Sleeping Beauty Steelbook....my daughter loves Disney Princesses lately.

I've PM'd all but Nightmare (can't find a match) and Up and Snow White (which I can't find). If anyone can find those (and PM them) I'd love to buy them. I could also trade Bug's Life, Wall-E, or any Pirates.

Are the steelbooks supposed to have anything in them other than the disc? So far I've gotten Wall•E, Cars, and Monsters, Inc. With the exception of the digital copy activation in Monsters, none of them had anything in them other than the disc. They all have clips on the left side, where I could see a booklet being.

Found a NBC, Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty steelbook at my local BB. Anyone know any good places to PM at the moment? The best I found was Walmart, but they were still $26 to $29 each, which isn't a big discount from the original $35.

Also for the people who got Disney to send them a digital copy disc, how did you contact Disney? Thanks!

My BBs will only match price, no "deals" according to them, so they won't match the B1G150%.

How long do I have to do retro PM from the date of purchase?

[quote name='jling84']My BBs will only match price, no "deals" according to them, so they won't match the B1G150%.

How long do I have to do retro PM from the date of purchase?[/QUOTE]

I tried PM'ing some steelbooks at BB today too and was told the exact same thing. Which store in SoCal did you try?

[quote name='major morgan']I tried PM'ing some steelbooks at BB today too and was told the exact same thing. Which store in SoCal did you try?[/QUOTE]

All over, Tustin, Pasadena, North Hollywood, City of Industry, etc. All of them have given me that exact response. I think there may have been an initiative to train their employees at the customer service desk better. I remember when they would PM anything as long as you brought in the ad.

[quote name='jling84']All over, Tustin, Pasadena, North Hollywood, City of Industry, etc. All of them have given me that exact response. I think there may have been an initiative to train their employees at the customer service desk better. I remember when they would PM anything as long as you brought in the ad.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they seem to be a bit more picky these days. I had no success in Hawthorne or Montebello wig this but I tried Pasadena just now and got a CSR that didn't even blink at giving me a price adjustment.

As always, it's YMMV when dealing with CSRs. You might want to give Pasadena another try. ;)

[quote name='jling84']You mean for the buy 1 get 1 50% off? Pasadena PM'd that?[/QUOTE]

Yep! I needed to return something there anyway so I thought I may as well try.

I took my receipts in with the ad and showed the CSR just to try my luck. He took a quick look at the ad and handled the adjustments without questioning it. That's definitely where it depends on the CSR. If the person asks any sort of manager or supervisor then any sort of price match or adjustment gets shut down. That's why I got shut down at Hawthorne and Montebello.

[quote name='major morgan']Yep! I needed to return something there anyway so I thought I may as well try.

I took my receipts in with the ad and showed the CSR just to try my luck. He took a quick look at the ad and handled the adjustments without questioning it. That's definitely where it depends on the CSR. If the person asks any sort of manager or supervisor then any sort of price match or adjustment gets shut down. That's why I got shut down at Hawthorne and Montebello.[/QUOTE]

Ah man that's awesome. Time to try my luck at Pasadena. Thanks for the heads up!

There shouldn't be any reason for them to deny the B1G150%, unless they know that TRU doesn't sell the Disney steelbooks, but even then, they should do it unless they are total dicks.

[quote name='lolwut?']There shouldn't be any reason for them to deny the B1G150%, unless they know that TRU doesn't sell the Disney steelbooks, but even then, they should do it unless they are total dicks.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they should match the offer, but the reason they supposedly wouldn't is because they cannot (or are just otherwise unwilling to) price match "deals" (BOGO, BOGO 50%, etc).

So even though the language in the ad says BOGO 50% off all Disney movies is quite definitive, the managers/supervisors said the ad has to state a specific price in order for them to "match" it. I think that their refusal of a match/adjustment because it doesn't have a specifically listed price is a crock of shit because they still got $57.xx from me for every 2 blu rays (and I had purchased 6).

bread's done
Back