Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']It could have been because I was buying 8 at once ... I think they were a bit overwhelmed and just decided to pricematch after they called to check stock at TRU & Walmart. I'm not sure the sheet I gave them from the TRU website said anything about it being a 1 day sale either.[/QUOTE]

hmmm, I took in the flyer in the Merc and it was plastered with 1 day sale at the top of both sides. I'm going to try the Walmart webpage for Cars and try to get Bug's life price matched since they wouldn't do it. Most everywhere else was out of Bugs Life so I didn't want to miss out on the only one I didn't have on BR already.

[quote name='koji126']Let me know how it goes at McCarthy, that's where I bought all of mine. It's usually a hit or miss for me at McCarthy.[/QUOTE]

Rejected this morning and I agree. I was able to PM Ratatouille and Wall-e no problem yesterday after work. They didn't have Bug's life (don't have it on any format) so I ended up picking them up at MSRP at the Blossom Hill store last night after getting rejected at Curtner (see above post).

This morning took them 35 minutes to say no because the SKUs didn't match. Was highly annoyed. Will try Santana row on the way home tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll head down 87 and hit the Curtner and worst case, Blossom Hill again. I know the guy at BH and he said if I came back today, he'd do it. That also seems to be the only location left that has Cars which is the other one I wanted even though it's a pseudo double dip since I have it on DVD.

[quote name='HunteR7411']

Edit: Did anyone *NOT* get any of the steel-books they wanted? My friend did get the ones he wanted last night (I bought in the morning) so I have extras before they go back. Not so limited after all?[/QUOTE]

PM sent

[quote name='bob330i']Rejected this morning and I agree. I was able to PM Ratatouille and Wall-e no problem yesterday after work. They didn't have Bug's life (don't have it on any format) so I ended up picking them up at MSRP at the Blossom Hill store last night after getting rejected at Curtner (see above post).

This morning took them 35 minutes to say no because the SKUs didn't match. Was highly annoyed. Will try Santana row on the way home tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll head down 87 and hit the Curtner and worst case, Blossom Hill again. I know the guy at BH and he said if I came back today, he'd do it. That also seems to be the only location left that has Cars which is the other one I wanted even though it's a pseudo double dip since I have it on DVD.[/QUOTE]

Good luck at Santana Row, they are typically the worst BB to deal with when it comes to price matching ... I don't know what it is about that store ... but ...

Not sure if you're up for the drive, but I've had alot of good luck at the Sunnyvale store on El Camino in the past ... but it is never a sure thing when it comes to any BB.

[quote name='etcrane']Good luck at Santana Row, they are typically the worst BB to deal with when it comes to price matching ... I don't know what it is about that store ... but ...

Not sure if you're up for the drive, but I've had alot of good luck at the Sunnyvale store on El Camino in the past ... but it is never a sure thing when it comes to any BB.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I agree. PMing at our BBs is a crapshoot. Sunnyvale is a bit hard to get to because it's all street driving. Plus if I strike out there, I'm a bit screwed since there isn't another nearby BB.

Thanks for the tip though. I'm pretty confident about my BH guy so if all else goes to crap, he's my backup.

can you price match at a different store than the one you bought it from?

on a side note: anyone have the Pinocchio or Sleeping beauty steelbooks for sale?

[quote name='quatrevav35']can you price match at a different store than the one you bought it from?[/QUOTE]

Yes, BB's only restriction on Price Adjustments are that they must be done in the country of original purchase. So if you live in Canada and buy at a BB up there and come to the states on business and see a DVD cheaper, you can't PM down here in the states.

Hey guys if you have a minute check out this auction on ebay- item 260520647715 ouch!!!
This guy should be on that Hoarders show on A&E-

PM via Wal-Mart.com shopping cart worked without a problem tonight with A Bug's Life and Cars.

Best Buy in Hialeah, FL at least 3 copies each of ALL the steelbooks. No one's paying them any attention.

I bought 6 steelies with 2 games at the San Carlos BB around lunch today. I was able to return after work with Walmart and TRU printouts to PM. I returned my earlier purchase and rebought it with 2 additional steelies to be able to get the $25 GC.

Because this deal is so good, I bought these 8 steelies even though I'm double dipping for 5 of them. Now, what to do with my regular blu-rays:whistle2:k

Thanks for the post, OP! Also, thanks to all the CAGs who posted their PM advice and updates!

If you didn't know about the steelbooks and where they were, you would prolly just walk right past them.

[quote name='aj slick']If you didn't know about the steelbooks and where they were, you would prolly just walk right past them.[/QUOTE]

My BB has them displayed behind LOST Season 5 and they are only a foot from a washer:roll:

You guys do realize that the fact these are flying low on people's radar could be a good thing in the long run right? We know every BB has very limited supplies and they aren't out in the open, so even if they aren't moving right now, it could very well be the type of item that people suddenly want 6 months from now and can't find anywhere. So for folks putting a copy away for later, I wouldn't entirely give up hope on these and call them a collectible flop just yet.

I hate people that hoard these things and sell them. It really does aggravate me so much. I wish ebay would ban hoarders lol

Yeah, I'd totally think the idea they're flying under people's radar is a good sign that they WILL be collectibles. I don't think a lot of people know they exist, so when people do find out, it'll be too late. Of course, the PMs are helping. I wasn't going to buy any, but I've gotten 3 at $15 each, probably would've tried more, but am pretty happy how it turned out.

Either that or every BB has a ton of these and it's all very misleading, ;) There were a ton left this afternoon at Westwood, CA...

I'm theres more in the afternoon today, so I can make my girl buy me more, and that there's more Friday so I can buy more once I get paid.

Warning: For those that have bought Monster's Inc might want to check the front of the steelbook to make sure there's no scratches/damage. I've read in forums that some come scratched so be careful when you pick yours out.

I came home and checked. Sure enough mine had permanent scratches and scuff marks along the bottom left. Across Mike's face to be exact. I was able to go out and exchange it. Luckily there's plenty to be found everywhere.

There is nothing wrong with ebay. Not everyone has 5 or 6 bestbuys within a 10 mile radius of their house. I dont see them being worth that much. Canada has had steelbooks for a long time and now that u.s. does the number of these has tripled. They were worth over 50 dollars when they were only available in canada, but now the value has decreased cause they arent exclusive anymore.

The resale value has gone to shit on ebay. I bought a few extra to sell on there in hopes of getting a little extra to pay for the 3 or 4 I want to keep, but they're not selling and many others I see aren't going for more than 35-40 now. I'm going to try and do a Pricematch today, and if that's not successful, then I'll just return them.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The resale value has gone to shit on ebay. I bought a few extra to sell on there in hopes of getting a little extra to pay for the 3 or 4 I want to keep, but they're not selling and many others I see aren't going for more than 35-40 now. I'm going to try and do a Pricematch today, and if that's not successful, then I'll just return them.[/QUOTE]

it's hard to sell on ebay these days. gave me selling on there about a month ago. if anything, i just use ebay to shop. oh yeah, i hate dealing with scammers on ebay as a seller. glad im out of it.

Ebay is great for buying games with bing though. I got a brand new wii for $115 and also got Assassins Creed 2 360 brand new for $36 and New Mario Bros for $33.

My copy of Wall E, A Bug's Life, and Ratatouille didn't have a Disney movie reward card inside. Anyone have the same problem?

Got a retro PM on Nightmare, Sleeping Beauty, and also Pinocchio.

Then turned around, and bought Bug's Life/Monsters Inc. going back tomorrow to retro again, and pick up The 3 Pirates, and Cars. I have no interest in Rat or Wall-E.

Does anyone else and the Nightmare they bought only have 1 disc???? I figured it would be a multy bluray
and my Bugs Life was only one.
AND only 1/5 of my movies so far has come with my Disney points... damn it

[quote name='Mako1215']Got a retro PM on Nightmare, Sleeping Beauty, and also Pinocchio.

Then turned around, and bought Bug's Life/Monsters Inc. going back tomorrow to retro again, and pick up The 3 Pirates, and Cars. I have no interest in Rat or Wall-E.[/QUOTE]
What exactly is a retro pm?

[quote name='quatrevav35']What exactly is a retro pm?[/QUOTE]

A pricematch done after you purchased the items. I got one done today too using printouts of my shopping cart from Walmart,com, and even one from TRU's one day sale from yesterday.

[quote name='Mako1215']Does anyone else and the Nightmare they bought only have 1 disc???? I figured it would be a multy bluray
and my Bugs Life was only one.
AND only 1/5 of my movies so far has come with my Disney points... damn it[/QUOTE]

Yes I have the same thing. Pretty Bullshit considering these sell for $35 and are put forward as being the same as the regular collectors editions. I can confirm that nightmare is only supposed to come with one disc - see the nightmare section of my rant if you don't want to read it all. I am not sure if Bugs life is supposed to come with only 1 though.

My Rant:

Bought 6 today, going back for the other 5 tomorrow but so far not pleased, especially about bugs life/nightmare.

Pirate films 1 and 2 - Room only for the main disc. The second disc comes in a paper sleeve. They couldn't put a nub on the other side of the case for the second disc? That's how the normal case is setup. Or just make it 2 on one side like the third pirate case is. Why are the cases different for 1/2 vs. 3?

Nightmare: Okay this is $35 when the collectors edition goes for $15, and you wont even put in the second disc?!? Wtf? The case even comes with a sticker saying: "This product is meant to contain only one disc"...aka Got ya sucker, now be the dirty whore we know you are and go buy the other edition so you have a complete set. Would have liked to seen the artwork with integrated chapter listing on the inside cover of the collectors edition make it into the inside cover of the steel book instead of the somewhat boring all swirl design.

I do find it interesting they changed the disc cover art to a glossy 3d-ish effect for the steel book. It actually better matches the art of the second disc of the collectors edition, though I think I like the cover of the collectors disc 1 better.

Oh and as if it wasn't enough of a rip off, no movie reward code inside despite it being advertised on the paper back.

Bugs Life: Beautiful case. Nice artwork on all four surfaces. But similar problems as nightmare. Only 1 disc? Is it supposed to be that way? With nightmare there was a sticker saying it was supposed to come with only one disc, but nothing like that in bugs life. They have room for the second disc. Would it have killed them to include it?

Also once again no movie reward points inside despite in being advertised on the back.

I guess I should have expected bullshit buying from worst buy but was hoping Disney wouldn't allow for such sloppiness and misleading/cheating customers over something that would have cost a $1 a case each to fix at most. Really I only have myself to blame, since I am the dirty whore who is going back tomorrow to pick up the other 5. But you better well believe I wont stop until I at least get these price matched to TRU/Walmart.

Thanks for letting me rant. Welcome any thoughts, questions, answers - especially if anyone got two discs or a sticker saying there should only be one disc for Bugs life.

[quote name='bywaytm']Yes I have the same thing. Pretty Bullshit considering these sell for $35 and are put forward as being the same as the regular collectors editions. I can confirm that nightmare is only supposed to come with one disc - see the nightmare section of my rant if you don't want to read it all. I am not sure if Bugs life is supposed to come with only 1 though.

My Rant:

Bought 6 today, going back for the other 5 tomorrow but so far not pleased, especially about bugs life/nightmare.

Pirate films 1 and 2 - Room only for the main disc. The second disc comes in a paper sleeve. They couldn't put a nub on the other side of the case for the second disc? That's how the normal case is setup. Or just make it 2 on one side like the third pirate case is. Why are the cases different for 1/2 vs. 3?

Nightmare: Okay this is $35 when the collectors edition goes for $15, and you wont even put in the second disc?!? Wtf? The case even comes with a sticker saying: "This product is meant to contain only one disc"...aka Got ya sucker, now be the dirty whore we know you are and go buy the other edition so you have a complete set. Would have liked to seen the artwork with integrated chapter listing on the inside cover of the collectors edition make it into the inside cover of the steel book instead of the somewhat boring all swirl design.

I do find it interesting they changed the disc cover art to a glossy 3d-ish effect for the steel book. It actually better matches the art of the second disc of the collectors edition, though I think I like the cover of the collectors disc 1 better.

Oh and as if it wasn't enough of a rip off, no movie reward code inside despite it being advertised on the paper back.

Bugs Life: Beautiful case. Nice artwork on all four surfaces. But similar problems as nightmare. Only 1 disc? Is it supposed to be that way? With nightmare there was a sticker saying it was supposed to come with only one disc, but nothing like that in bugs life. They have room for the second disc. Would it have killed them to include it?

Also once again no movie reward points inside despite in being advertised on the back.

I guess I should have expected bullshit buying from worst buy but was hoping Disney wouldn't allow for such sloppiness and misleading/cheating customers over something that would have cost a $1 a case each to fix at most. Really I only have myself to blame, since I am the dirty whore who is going back tomorrow to pick up the other 5. But you better well believe I wont stop until I at least get these price matched to TRU/Walmart.

Thanks for letting me rant. Welcome any thoughts, questions, answers - especially if anyone got two discs or a sticker saying there should only be one disc for Bugs life.[/QUOTE]

I feel you on all that man. I really do. I gave my girl my Nightmare Collectors Edition on DVD which came with 3 DISCS!!, AND IT ONLY COST $15.

I hate becoming a steelbook collecting whore. It's mainly all the future shop shits fault. I hate it!

AND the lack of the codes pisses me off. Now I've got to print those damn papers off, and send them in. O well. I gota mail my Verizon rebate so it's all good.

So has anyone got denied a price match? I bought all 11 and could get $145 or so back. Which would be awesome! So I just stick all 11 blus in my walmart.com cart and print to take with me? Just want to make sure before I give it a go. Also does target match walmart.com prices? You could pick up Nightmare and get all the discs for $10 with the coupon for $5 off at Target.

Also what are the reward points you are talking about? I have tons of disney dvds and blus. Do you get something for them?

[quote name='bdg7884']So has anyone got denied a price match? I bought all 11 and could get $145 or so back. Which would be awesome! So I just stick all 11 blus in my walmart.com cart and print to take with me? Just want to make sure before I give it a go. Also does target match walmart.com prices? You could pick up Nightmare and get all the discs for $10 with the coupon for $5 off at Target.

Also what are the reward points you are talking about? I have tons of disney dvds and blus. Do you get something for them?[/QUOTE]
i have been denied once (guy called up wallmart store and they werent in stock), you can just go again (have until end of december I think) and keep trying with a different rep, or go to a different best buy and try your luck, it's very YMMV

[quote name='koji126']You have 30 days (if I read the terms correctly) to get a price match.[/QUOTE]
i think it's extended for gift purchases

[quote name='munch']So just to get this straight, Best Buy is price matching Wal Marts website for this thing?[/QUOTE]

BB will retro price them after you buy them. That's what I did I bought all 11 then went with my cart filled with them from Wal-Mart.com and the adjusted them. But they have to have them in stock at the BR WM in your area to get them to adjust.

I stopped by my local Best-Buy and all of theme were in stock with at least three of each. To be honest, I just didn't find them all that impressive. I already own all of them. So with resale value going down the toilet I think I'll pass. I was tempted with the whole Wal-Mart online price match thing, but now it just seems like to much of a hassle.

Yea my guy only price matched 1 since the walmart he called only had Monster's Inc.

It's YMMV as mentioned above. He was too lazy to call other walmarts. I'm abotu to go there with my receipt and the price match receipt for monsters inc and just say I didn't have time to finish the price matching because I was on lunch.

You have until December 31 because it counts as "Holiday Returns".

was going to jump in on this for nightmare before christmas and pinnochio bluray steelbooks with a retro pricematch, but then realized best buy probably wouldnt pricematch walmart.com prices because it shows 'not sold in stores' for both titles :(

bread's done
Back