Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the three movies I wanted at the Landmark store in Alexandria, VA. I got there when they opened - nobody was waiting or anything.

The staff there sucked, but that's a whole other story. I got my Steelbooks, whatever.

Got them all this morning. I got the lovely cashier to separate my orders, so I also walked away with a $50 gift card. :applause:

I think many people don't realize that BB opens at 9am. There was only 5 people (including me) waiting for the doors to open. Usually there's around 3 times that many on a typical Tuesday morning.

They had:

8x Sleeping Beauty
6x Nightmare
6x Rat
4x Everything else

I was first in line (got there around 8:10) but a bunch of people started showing up soon after. I got all the movies I wanted, and a few more to reach the $150 mark. I then went to a different Best Buy, and used the $25GC towards another three (plus Fight Night Rd. 4 for the PS3) and got a $10GC

[quote name='evophile']Was it Pirates 1? If you look at the pic I posted the tag under it says $34.99. I assumed it was a mistake, I didn't buy Pirates.[/QUOTE]

Evo-yes I think it was. But my store didn't have the tags like the ones in your picture. They had them all stuck to the top of the display. They had skus for every single one, at $29.99, except Pirates 1, where there was no sku tag at all. In the system in the checkout it did ring up $34.99, and they would not change it, because when the other guy checked in their backend system, he said the sku didn't come up at all, so there was no way to check. Someone took some Pirates and said they'd look into it with corporate. I purchased anyway, as I didn't want to end up buying 1 Steel on Ebay, over $5, LOL. Take care! DB

Well I got nbc, sleeping beauty, and pinncho. Hopefully there's more when I get paid on friday. If not I'm happy.

Just FYI there are ELEVEN Steel-books! Also watch out for one of the pirates steel-book ringing up for $34.99 vs $29.99.... I have to go back to get that adjusted :(

I'm in westwood waiting for it to open, only me and another guy in line. Hopefully they'll have them at all, this best buy is terrible at anything and everything. I'm just looking to get a bugs life and maybe ratatouille.

The weather is kinda nasty in the Denver metro area, so I was able to walk in and pickup Nightmare Before Christmas and Bug's Life with no problems. They had plenty of them in stock too.:)

Got to BB 10 minutes to opening - 1 other guy was also waiting. Helping to keep people away may be that we are having a snowstorm today with 12" predicted.

Steelbooks were in the backside of the Lost 5 cardboard bin - All titles were present in limited quantities from 3 to 5 each. 1 exception....no Ratatouille at all and I was first to the display. Glad I already had 2 from FS...other guy was bummed though.

Only took 1 each of Cars, NBC and all 3 Pirates since I had already had the Futureshop releases of the others. Got the $25 GC as well.

Unless there are more in back, many of these will be gone before the day is out....

I got all of them and my friend got 6 (SB, all Pirates, MI, NBC) and we were the only ones at Huntsville, AL store. Of all of them, they only had 1 left of each after we left...

There were 10 or so people waiting with me, none of them were there for the steelbooks though. I think some were getting the new Zelda, and others were just old people who do stuff early.

They had 6 of the disney animated movies, 5 of the pixar movies and 4 of the pirates movies

Surprisingly the best buy in westwood was wonderful with their customer service. They didn't have them out, as usual since they're slow, but a guy helped me get some from the back. Besides one lady who had a stick up her ass, everyone else was really nice. They had about 4-5 of each movie behind the lost cardboard thing. I got my one copy of a bug's life! i think i was the only one in the store looking for the steelbooks.

Wow, traffic was horrible this morning.

I got there a few minutes after opening and the store was pretty much empty. I'm pretty sure I was the first one to buy any of the steelbooks, they still had a good supply of them. My BB got in at least 5 of each, there were 8 copies of Monster's Inc. I got the two that I wanted (Sleeping Beauty and PotC 1) I might go back later on in the week for some other one's if there are any left.

I'm the only one there and bought 16 of them that I wanted. At first, I couldn't find the Disney stand and notice there was a doubled sided stand, where The Lost are facing the front and Disney are in the back. I decided to pricematch Walmart prices at CS counter and guess what I also got 2x $25 gift cards baby!! I saved about $170.24 net. There are 8x copies each but 4x of Monsters, Inc. See picture for proof! \\:D/

I went at 10 and they had plenty left, at least 5 of each. I mulled over buying them or not but I already own all 5 pixar ones and both disney ones that I got for about $70 total. I can't justify dropping $230 just for steelbook upgrades.

I ended up only getting NBC as a X-Mas gift for my sister. I've never seen the movie so NOT getting it for myself now isn't such a big deal. Although I'll probably regret it once I watch it!

Got to my BB around 0930 and there was pretty much no one getting the SB's.
I picked up 8 of them all but the Pirate ones. Did 5 on one transaction with a $2.99 cd single to get the $25 GC then the other 3 I picked up Leon The Pro blu for $19.99 to get the $10 GC. Would have loved to PM Wal-Mart but umm very unlikely it would have happened.

man I want to go back and get Monster INC now....
stupid Christmas gifts I got to buy, incoming blizzard, bills, and laziness.

Has anyone confirmed yet if these are Blu + DVD combos, include a digital copy, or are just Blu-Ray only editions? Also are the Disney Movie Rewards included?

thanks

They're just like the regular Blu-ray editions. So yes you get Movie Rewards, and if the regular had a 3 or 4-disc combo (like Monster's Inc), so does the Steelbook

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm the only one there and bought 16 of them that I wanted. At first, I couldn't find the Disney stand and notice there was a doubled sided stand, where The Lost are facing the front and Disney are in the back. I decided to pricematch Walmart prices at CS counter and guess what I also got 2x $25 gift cards baby!! I saved about $170.24 net. There are 8x copies each but 4x of Monsters, Inc. See picture for proof! \\:D/

[/QUOTE]

How did you pricematch Walmart? I thought the steelbooks were a BB exclusive?

[quote name='Collectorguy00']How did you pricematch Walmart? I thought the steelbooks were a BB exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Take your chances and hope they don't notice the difference.

FYI-I am not sure if the US eds will have this issue, but since they're the same discs,they may. Some people in Canada, reported that the digital copy code and or rewards slip was missing. There was a fax number/phone number posted in the Futureshup Forum to get both, but I didn't use it yet, as my other Canadian Steelbooks are still with a friend in Canada.

Simi valley, CA has 4 of each at least. PMed walmart for pirates trilogy and got out for 50 bucks after certs

just wondering for those who got the steelbooks. Which ones contain the digital copy and dvd? Wondering which steelbook would be worth getting. 29.99 is still pricey for some of the blu ray which i already have.

[quote name='redshadow']Simi valley, CA has 4 of each at least. PMed walmart for pirates trilogy and got out for 50 bucks after certs[/QUOTE]

High Five! Only in California Baby!!! :applause:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its not on the AD, its on WALMART.COM. Look it up, Cars is $15ish, I paid half of $30. :D[/QUOTE]

fuck. I don't think I'm going to have any luck getting them to PM the website as my BB is pretty stict on the rules. If you don't mind, how exactly did you word it when you went to PM?

[quote name='Collectorguy00']fuck. I don't think I'm going to have any luck getting them to PM the website as my BB is pretty stict on the rules. If you don't mind, how exactly did you word it when you went to PM?[/QUOTE]

Went to Walmart.com, add all the Disney Blus on my cart, then print it.

[quote name='redshadow']"hey, can you price match this?" *show them walmart.com on iPhone*[/QUOTE]

Sure as long as they have price on it.

ohhh. you guys are pming walmart prices for best buy steelbooks?

I love you cags.

and my best buy had a bunch of steelbooks, didn't look like anyone bought any of them.

CS had to go online to check the price, match it then get manager to override them for approval. TRU is having $14 on select title. i'm sure you can pm tru prices. i don't want to go back to do return & pm tru prices. $170.20 net is enough for me.

[quote name='tomdolizong']Not going to work at my BB, becuase the "cover is different." :([/QUOTE]

What I'm planning on doing is taking my receipt which says nothing about steelbook and having them price match it.

[quote name='mlisette23']What I'm planning on doing is taking my receipt which says nothing about steelbook and having them price match it.[/QUOTE]

Thought about that too

[quote name='Collectorguy00']fuck. I don't think I'm going to have any luck getting them to PM the website as my BB is pretty stict on the rules. If you don't mind, how exactly did you word it when you went to PM?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='redshadow']"hey, can you price match this?" *show them walmart.com on iPhone*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mlisette23']What I'm planning on doing is taking my receipt which says nothing about steelbook and having them price match it.[/QUOTE]

well on the receipt Cars has 4 letter so it does say stee next to it. maybe the register will display everything starting with Blu Ray Child-Family - BD - (title) Steelbook

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']Disney is now offering $8 off these steel books if you send in the proof tabs from the dvd version.[/QUOTE]

wait, what?

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']Disney is now offering $8 off these steel books if you send in the proof tabs from the dvd version.[/QUOTE]

Link for this? Or is this the general dvd-to-blu upgrade?

not bad, but then I will save additional $128, so $170 + $128 = $298 net, almost $300 of saving, baby!!!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']well on the receipt Cars has 4 letter so it does say stee next to it. maybe the register will display everything starting with Blu Ray Child-Family - BD - (title) Steelbook[/QUOTE]

I price matched using my receipt. Kinda bummed bc I only picked up 5 and the pricematch made it so that I payed for the $25 giftcard. Oh well at least I got some money back.

bread's done
Back