Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The ad for next week shows 6 movies (incl. Pirates), but says "more in stores". They are $29.99 each. Limit 5 of each title per customer... sheesh, they're just asking for the eBay hoarders, aren't they?

[quote name='takotchi']The ad for next week shows 6 movies (incl. Pirates), but says "more in stores". They are $29.99 each. Limit 5 of each title per customer... sheesh, they're just asking for the eBay hoarders, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

i don't get it, what is there to hoard??

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Thanks for the ad scan![/QUOTE]And it's been changed from a hotlink to a direct link, so go click on the link for the image.

[quote name='token2k6']i don't get it, what is there to hoard??[/QUOTE]

Five of EACH title.

I don't know how it's been lately, but it used to be people would love to buy up Steelbooks and then stick them on eBay for ridiculous prices.

Haha, where were all the price complainers when we were all groupbuying these for $45-50 each from AccordTR? This is a 40% discount.

I'm in for a couple of these, for sure!

Does it really have to be all in the same week though? It would have been easier on my wallet if they spread these out more.

so, it doesn't say anything about limited quantities. do you guys think they'll be mass produced and not as limited as FS?

[quote name='Penguin1084']so, it doesn't say anything about limited quantities. do you guys think they'll be mass produced and not as limited as FS?[/QUOTE]

These are pretty well-known as collector's items, and many of them are re-releases. I don't know if they will be severely limited, but I wouldn't expect them to overproduce, either.

[quote name='SDC']These are pretty well-known as collector's items, and many of them are re-releases. I don't know if they will be severely limited, but I wouldn't expect them to overproduce, either.[/QUOTE]

yea that's true.

another thing with double dipping on disney movies is that you always know they'll release a superior version of almost every one of their movies.

I like having things in uniform, which means that I wouldn't be able to just get one steelbook and be satisfied. I would need to buy all of them, which my wallet won't allow.

I'll be sitting this one out. Might buy a bugs life on amazon for $19 to ease my pain though (and since I have credit :p)

This is really tempting, but I think I'm only going to get Bug's Life since I have all the other ones already. I'm such a sucker for steelbooks. :(

[quote name='koji126']Where the heck is my Best Buy birthday coupon? Do they not do this anymore? It would help with all this.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get any coupons for my birthday...

[quote name='Penguin1084']I didn't get any coupons for my birthday...[/QUOTE]

I guess they stopped it...12% off would have helped a lot with all the steelbooks next week.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I wish there was a way we could JUST get the steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

Didn't BB charge you $15 if you pre-ordered Up or the other recent Disney BDs, but never came to pick it up? The steelbook was your pre-order "voucher", so I guess that's a way to buy just the steelbook, although those don't look nearly as nice as the new steelbooks.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I can get them for cheap.

Hint: Walmart. ;)[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? These are Best Buy exclusives, right?

[quote name='Walt Jay']Didn't BB charge you $15 if you pre-ordered Up or the other recent Disney BDs, but never came to pick it up? The steelbook was your pre-order "voucher", so I guess that's a way to buy just the steelbook, although those don't look nearly as nice as the new steelbooks.[/QUOTE]Nope.

You could wait out the pre-order period for two weeks after the release date and refund the pre-order completely. No mention of the steelbook needing to be returned on the info for the steelbook. No $15 charge either.

There's a limit of 5 per customer? My store already has them in and we only have 4 of most of them. I think Monsters Inc we have 5 or 6. Employee discount brings most of them to $28.88. I doubt they will survive until the sales over so I'll pay the extra buck. (We don't get discounts on sale stuff, either way it's whatever the sale is.)

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']There's a limit of 5 per customer? My store already has them in and we only have 4 of most of them. I think Monsters Inc we have 5 or 6. Employee discount brings most of them to $28.88. I doubt they will survive until the sales over so I'll pay the extra buck. (We don't get discounts on sale stuff, either way it's whatever the sale is.)[/QUOTE]

Already in on the floor?

29.99 is pretty expensive for something that will sit in a media rack for the duration of my life.

I bought the Iron Man steelbook because...well...it's fucking iron man. It's fitting. It's not like any of the Pirates movies had poor packaging, they all had sleeve covers.

I found an old birthday coupon from Best Buy. If I just change the date in the link, the coupon changes as well. Anyone have a birthday coupon for this year that I can compare to? I have a feeling that the SKU for the coupon doesn't change.

I think the cheaper at wal mart comment meant he would just get the regular blu rays with blue packaging instead of the steelbook lol. And I'm not surprised they're releasing all three pirates since they did show at worlds end which is the last one, so it would be dumb to only have the last one and not all three. Anyway, so it's over three hundred
dollars
+ tax to get all of these >.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I think the cheaper at wal mart comment meant he would just get the regular blu rays with blue packaging instead of the steelbook lol. And I'm not surprised they're releasing all three pirates since they did show at worlds end which is the last one, so it would be dumb to only have the last one and not all three. Anyway, so it's over three hundred
dollars
+ tax to get all of these >.

I'm planning on only picking up Sleeping Beauty and the three Pirate movies, would love to pick up more but that's just way to much to spend in one day and on a student budget:cry: Damn you college!

I will definitely be wanting to pick up only the Pixar ones.

If anyone has problems finding a certain steelbook at their local Best Buy when the time comes around, I wouldn't mind helping out by checking mine and sending the steelbook if there are any here.

[quote name='leftwing1018']$30ea? I think I may have to buy a couple... but which ones![/QUOTE]

Get any live-action or 2D animated one. There are 3D masters for the Pixars, as well as for Nightmare Before Christmas. They'll be re-released in a few years (5-10) when 3D displays take off.

Of course, if your kids need them by Christmas, get them all :p

I assume that these don't come with digital copies?

I want 8 of them, but that's several pretty pennies. As much as I love steelbooks, I love my wallet more. Good thing I don't actually own any of those movies yet (but I don't have a Blu-ray player either).

You'd have to reeeeally love Pirates to get those steel books because I imagine you'd want the whole trilogy and in steelbook form that runs over $100 with tax. That's silly when you can get them as a blu-ray package for less than half that.

But I am getting WALL-E \\:D/

Thanks for the heads up, OP, but I think I've finally done away with my OCD tendency to HAVE to have these steelbooks. I'm getting the shakes...

and the fries!

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope.

You could wait out the pre-order period for two weeks after the release date and refund the pre-order completely. No mention of the steelbook needing to be returned on the info for the steelbook. No $15 charge either.[/QUOTE]

Which is more than likely the reason they're doing it this way, to make back some money they lost on that one. ;)

Ugh, I want these but thankfully I'm not a huge fan of the look of them... but I still want them.. what's wrong with me??

[quote name='Gamelore']Get any live-action or 2D animated one. There are 3D masters for the Pixars, as well as for Nightmare Before Christmas. They'll be re-released in a few years (5-10) when 3D displays take off.[/QUOTE]

I'm not positive as to how it was animated (Lots of computer Vs Hand-Drawn), but 2D Beauty & The Beast is being converted to 3D (They showed a scene at Comic-Con), so I'd wonder how many of the traditional 2D's can/will be converted.

[quote name='Darthjer']I'm not positive as to how it was animated (Lots of computer Vs Hand-Drawn), but 2D Beauty & The Beast is being converted to 3D (They showed a scene at Comic-Con), so I'd wonder how many of the traditional 2D's can/will be converted.[/QUOTE]

this.

I would imagine they will do most of the other classics in 3D since it'll be another major money maker.

I might get Wall-e since I don't have it yet, and have been meaning to get it for a long time. Although, almost twice as much as other copies is a pretty big turn off.

I have seen this question asked but does anyone have an answer....
Do these come as 1 disc or the 3 disc special editions?

bread's done
Back