Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah, you'll need some sort of filler though to get it over the $150 mark. Perhaps a cheap CD single or something.[/QUOTE]I'm sure there's plenty of options with cheap CD's or DVD's at this time of the year.

[quote name='shrike4242']Aha. Now I see.

Well, I guess that makes the $29.99 steelbooks a net $24.99 each after the GC is figured into the mix. More interesting.[/QUOTE]

Meh, you'd have to buy a bunch in order to get down to the $25 price point. At the end of the day, your first $150 purchase is still $150 out of pocket. Then it becomes ~$125 for each subsequent 5 title (plus small filler cost).

That's the problem with GC offers but I guess it's better than nothing if you were planning to buy a bunch.

[quote name='bob330i']Meh, you'd have to buy a bunch in order to get down to the $25 price point. At the end of the day, your first $150 purchase is still $150 out of pocket. Then it becomes ~$125 for each subsequent 5 title (plus small filler cost).

That's the problem with GC offers but I guess it's better than nothing if you were planning to buy a bunch.[/QUOTE]Well, it nets out at $125 for the first five with the GC figured into the mix, and then $150 net for the other six, with the other $25 GC figured into the mix that you'd be getting for the other six.

Would end up being $225 for the 11 titles, at $25 a pop.

So who's planning on getting all fo them? I started out with wanting to get four, Sleeping Beauty and all the PotC. But now I'm down to wanting to get two, Sleeping Beauty and the first PotC movie. I might get either A Bug's Life or Wall-E but neither of those are my favorite pixar movies.

I do want Nightmare Before Christmas but I already have the regular edition:cry:

I hope to get 2 copies of each 11. Can't speculate how many people are going to line up early for these.

[quote name='aj slick']I hope to get 2 copies of each 11. Can't speculate how many people are going to line up early for these.[/QUOTE]

I suspect people will line up more because Harry Potter 6 comes out tomorrow over a bunch of Disney Blu steel books.

[quote name='Kendro']Am I missing something here? Aren't these just regular Disney movies in !!!!!SteelBook™!!!!! format?[/QUOTE]

Yesh

[quote name='Kendro']Am I missing something here? Aren't these just regular Disney movies in steelbook format?[/QUOTE]
yup. it may not include disney movie reward point.

[quote name='Kendro']Am I missing something here? Aren't these just regular Disney movies in steelbook format?[/QUOTE]
You have no idea how crazy people get over these several ounces of metal. Look at eBay for the Iron Man BD steelbook or something. These treasured pieces of metal alloys are fetching more than $150 at times. With that said I'll try to get Ratouille and At World's End...only titles I don't already have and kind of interested in. If it's really 5 per titles per store, I expect people to line up and stores to be cleaned out within the first 10 minutes of opening.

The future shop steelbooks aren't goin for that much on ebay. Most of the steelbooks were popular and selling high on ebay but now most don't go for more than 30-50 each. I only got like 25 for my new troy steelbook and listed it for 7 days and no reserve.

Why is there such a limited supply? I mean, there's reports here from a Best Buy worker saying their store only has like 4 of each. That's pretty stupid, considering this is in their ad, and those will probably be sold out within the first hour or two on Tuesday. There's clearly enough demand for these to produce for than that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why is there such a limited supply? I mean, there's reports here from a Best Buy worker saying their store only has like 4 of each. That's pretty stupid, considering this is in their ad[/QUOTE]

And the ad says "limit 5 per person". One person could wipe out an entire store's inventory immediately.

[quote name='digitalbabe']Hey All,
I don't shop at BB that often, and I'd appreciate some help regarding their coupons. Can these coupons at the following address be used on the Steels? (there's one for movies, max of 3).

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_U...091206/coupons20091206_ht.html?ref=90&loc=107

Thanks!
DB[/QUOTE]

most likely not since it excludes sale prices, and these are probably on sale for 29.99 as opposed to 34.99, but you can try, depending on the manager it may be YMMV. Im taking one with me tomorrow morning and hoping for the best

Whats with having to buy two of each? Dont be an asshole! If there are only 4-5 of each dont be an ass and horde half of them to yourself. Thats the problem with everyone these days... Only look out for themselves.

[quote name='bdg7884']Whats with having to buy two of each? Dont be an asshole! If there are only 4-5 of each dont be an ass and horde half of them to yourself. Thats the problem with everyone these days... Only look out for themselves.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy does not enforce the 'limit so many per person'. I am going to pick all of them up. It's great seeing the looks I get. Anyways, these will bring huge money on Ebay.

[quote name='InvaderZim']My Best Buy does not enforce the 'limit so many per person'. I am going to pick all of them up. It's great seeing the looks I get. Anyways, these will bring huge money on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

What look? The wow that guy is a jerk look?

But in all seriousness, I just found out the newest BB in NYC is open 24 hours a day (first one to do so). I wonder if they already started selling them at midnight or anything. Hmmmm

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm at the store and theres already a line! just 8 hours to go, brrr its cold out here[/QUOTE]

frostbite. imagine, you can't move when the clock strike @ 9am. :lol:

[quote name='ssjmichael']But in all seriousness, I just found out the newest BB in NYC is open 24 hours a day (first one to do so). I wonder if they already started selling them at midnight or anything. Hmmmm[/QUOTE]

Wow for reals? Thats crazy...and well they'd have to put them up sometime! heh

[quote name='InvaderZim']My Best Buy does not enforce the 'limit so many per person'. I am going to pick all of them up. It's great seeing the looks I get. Anyways, these will bring huge money on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

*Looks at location*
*Sigh of relief*

Glad you're not in my state;)

I need a quick note for people are going to BB tomorrow and not get stuck with 1 copy for those are going at the same location. Just put the store location and how many are you guys buying. Remember there are 5 copies of each. So please plan ahead someone take it.

Me (Burbank, CA) - 2x Cars, 1x Monsters, Inc., 3x Bug's Life, 2x Wall-E, 2x Pirates 1, 2x Pirates 2, 2x Pirates 3, 1x Sleeping Beauty.

Possible in stock - 3x Cars, 4x Monsters, Inc., 2x Bug's Life, 3x Wall-E, 3x Pirates 1, 3x Pirates 2, 3x Pirates 3x, 4x Sleeping Beauty, 5x Nightmare Before Christmas, 5x Pinocchio, 5x Ratatouille

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I need a quick note for people are going to BB tomorrow and not get stuck with 1 copy for those are going at the same location. Just put the store location and how many are you guys buying. Remember there are 5 copies of each. So please plan ahead someone take it.

Me (Burbank, CA) - 2x Cars, 1x Monsters, Inc., 3x Bug's Life, 2x Wall-E, 2x Pirates 1, 2x Pirates 2, 2x Pirates 3, 1x Sleeping Beauty.

Possible in stock - 3x Cars, 4x Monsters, Inc., 2x Bug's Life, 3x Wall-E, 3x Pirates 1, 3x Pirates 2, 3x Pirates 3x, 4x Sleeping Beauty, 5x Nightmare Before Christmas, 5x Pinocchio, 5x Ratatouille[/QUOTE]

Well I don't want to post my location (I'm being paranoid about this) in case of scalpers but I will say you won't be getting any competition from me:)

[quote name='mlisette23']Well I don't want to post my location (I'm being paranoid about this) in case of scalpers but I will say you won't be getting any competition from me:)[/QUOTE]
I assume you're from California, correct?

like I can carry 22 steelbooks- These might be cheaper on ebay actually. I bet bestbuy will see some returns on these from the scalpers who couldn't make any money on these because ebay will be flooded with not only the us ones, but the futureshop ones as well. At least they have the option to return them-have fun returning all those steelbooks. The demand is not as high as people think on these. Most of the steelbooks have gone way down in value in the recent months and this is what will happen with these. Rambo, I Am Legend, and Ironman are the only ones that still go for alot. Do an ebay search and see what the ones are ending soon are going for before you think about buying these and reselling them on the bay.

All I have to say is that I'm waiting in line at a BB in socal and I am the only one here. I just want to make sure I get at least 1 of every single title. Good luck everyone I guarantee that BB will be sold out by evening time.

Special thanks to "ssjmichael" for informing me that NYC has a 24 hour Best Buy.

Got there at about 5am and it was mostly cleared out. I only bought the 5 Pixars and got the last Monsters Inc, A Bugs Life and Cars.

Was informed by the cashier that one guy came in and bought "tons of them" earlier. And also that I unfortunately bought the last copy of Monsters Inc he was hoping to get (sorry!)

Anyways this is the display you want to look for, none were shelved. On the other side all Lost Season 5

IMG_0160.jpg

Given that this is a huge store in NYC and the only 24 hour Best Buy, they seem to have gotten just as little stock as everyone else.

Stock remaining in that pic for those interested: 2x Sleeping Beauty, 2x Pinocchio, 2x Wall-E, 2x Ratatouille, 3x Nightmare Before Christmas, 3x At Worlds End, 2x Black Pearl, 2x Dead Man's Chest.
Monsters Inc and Bugs Life seem to be the rarest at that store as they were the only ones with one space marked on the display.

I wanted all of them but can't really justify that cost right now. Good luck to the rest if you guys!

[quote name='evophile']Special thanks to "ssjmichael" for informing me that NYC has a 24 hour Best Buy.

Got there at about 5am and it was mostly cleared out. I only bought the 5 Pixars and got the last Monsters Inc, A Bugs Life and Cars.

Was informed by the cashier that one guy came in and bought "tons of them" earlier. And also that I unfortunately bought the last copy of Monsters Inc he was hoping to get (sorry!)

Anyways this is the display you want to look for, none were shelved. On the other side all Lost Season 5

IMG_0160.jpg

Given that this is a huge store in NYC and the only 24 hour Best Buy, they seem to have gotten just as little stock as everyone else.

Stock remaining in that pic for those interested: 2x Sleeping Beauty, 2x Pinocchio, 2x Wall-E, 2x Ratatouille, 3x Nightmare Before Christmas, 3x At Worlds End, 2x Black Pearl, 2x Dead Man's Chest.
Monsters Inc and Bugs Life seem to be the rarest at that store as they were the only ones with one space marked on the display.

I wanted all of them but can't really justify that cost right now. Good luck to the rest if you guys![/QUOTE]

You're welcome :(

I plan on going to as many Best Buy's in the city today as possible to get whatever I'm missing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You're welcome :(

I plan on going to as many Best Buy's in the city today as possible to get whatever I'm missing.[/QUOTE]

Did you make it out to the 24hr one?

I'm curious as to how long these will last, as I'm sure that store will be done by morning.

Good luck finding what you need.

[quote name='fizzywix']most likely not since it excludes sale prices, and these are probably on sale for 29.99 as opposed to 34.99, but you can try, depending on the manager it may be YMMV. Im taking one with me tomorrow morning and hoping for the best[/QUOTE]

Fizzy-thanks-I appreciate it!

Damn an exorbitant amount of people hang outside best buys on Tuesdays. I've done this a few times (not just for steelbooks heh), and there's always people... Namely old people.

I hope you hoarding douchebags lose money on ebay. and don't try to justify you're purchase of 45 steelbooks, because I don't want to hear it.

anyway, for the people that are picking them up today, could you take some pics and post them? I don't have time to run by best buy today but I would like to see what the look like and all (besides the front covers from the ad)

good luck today everyone!

Just got back from my local BB-one of the Skus for one of the Pirates was not coming up as $29.99, and they refused to override it. With a display, that not only had all of them pictured, but also had every other Steel in this promo at $29.99, they still would not do it. As I just wanted to be sure I had those I was missing (I started buying them in Canada), I paid the full $34.95, and will get it price adjusted once, as they said "they have it straightened out". LOL. Even the inventory guy that doesn't even work for BB (third party company), came over and said that this was a special promo and all should be $29.99. But they couldn't verify it in the computer. But now my set is complete,so for $5 I am cool. As I was also picking up those missing from a set for a friend in Canada, I have 2 GC for $25/each. Not bad-I was the 1st one there:) Good luck everyone! DB

[quote name='digitalbabe']Just got back from my local BB-one of the Skus for one of the Pirates was not coming up as $29.99, and they refused to override it. With a display, that not only had all of them pictured, but also had every other Steel in this promo at $29.99, they still would not do it. As I just wanted to be sure I had those I was missing (I started buying them in Canada), I paid the full $34.95, and will get it price adjusted once, as they said "they have it straightened out". LOL. Even the inventory guy that doesn't even work for BB (third party company), came over and said that this was a special promo and all should be $29.99. But they couldn't verify it in the computer. But now my set is complete,so for $5 I am cool. As I was also picking up those missing from a set for a friend in Canada, I have 2 GC for $25/each. Not bad-I was the 1st one there:) Good luck everyone! DB[/QUOTE]

Was it Pirates 1? If you look at the pic I posted the tag under it says $34.99. I assumed it was a mistake, I didn't buy Pirates.

bread's done
Back