Best Buy US Exclusive - 11 Disney Blu-ray SteelBook™ released on December 8th

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Good news everyone, Best Buy US is having 11 Disney SteelBooks™ just like Future Shop but all of them are releasing on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 not just 1 day per 12 weeks. Sale price will be $29.99. Regular price will be $34.99.

1. Bug's Life
  2. Cars
  3. Monsters Inc.
  4. Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Wall*E
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  10. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead Man's Chest
  11. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7911/whmhr8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/29w5owx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mako1215']I wish I could get the BB Credit Card and just put them all on there and pay it off.[/QUOTE]

Same here... 18months no interest no payments helps... and being in debt is the American way...

[quote name='koji126']Already in on the floor?[/QUOTE]

No they aren't on the floor. I would have bought them if they were. I was hoping to be working that morning but I'm not so I'll have to show up at opening.

[quote name='gareman']I might get Wall-e since I don't have it yet, and have been meaning to get it for a long time. Although, almost twice as much as other copies is a pretty big turn off.

I have seen this question asked but does anyone have an answer....
Do these come as 1 disc or the 3 disc special editions?[/QUOTE]

If the regular blu-ray is a 3 disc, so is the steel. If it comes with a digital copy so does the steel. I'm basing all of this off of the Canadian versions I own.

I believe the following are 3 disc (movie on blu, dvd copy, specials on blu)
- Pinocchio
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White (this one already came out)

4 disc (same as 3 disc but also digital copy)
- UP (already came out)
- Monsters Inc

2 Disc
- pretty much the rest of the disney/pixars (Im like 90% sure about that, i cant remember if cars and ratatouille are single discs)

Im not sure about the pirates trilogy.

I'll be grabbing em all. I only get the Steelbooks released in the US anyway. So far only Up, Snow White, and the 9 Bonds... now these 11 :].... my own skewed justification on dropping the $ on these.

Not to mention I could see myself down the line not buying them, then wanting them anyway and trying eBay, or seeing them but not all of them at BB (and they'd be $34.99).

I'm glad I'm not completely obsessed with steelbooks (yet?). I just want to collect the Disney/Pixar ones for now, particularly Wall-E, Ratatouille, A Bugs Life, and Nightmare Before Christmas.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm glad I'm not completely obsessed with steelbooks (yet?). I just want to collect the Disney/Pixar ones for now, particularly Wall-E, Ratatouille, A Bugs Life, and Nightmare Before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

NBC isn't pixar.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Perhaps you missed the part where I said Disney?[/QUOTE]

when you say Disney/Pixar, it's a collaboration between both, meaning toy story, monsters inc, incredibles, finding nemo, wall-e, up, etc.

that's how I read it. and since the other two were pixar's, I thought you made a mistake.

sorry :whistle2:|

[quote name='torres546']If the regular blu-ray is a 3 disc, so is the steel. If it comes with a digital copy so does the steel. I'm basing all of this off of the Canadian versions I own.

I believe the following are 3 disc (movie on blu, dvd copy, specials on blu)
- Pinocchio
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White (this one already came out)

4 disc (same as 3 disc but also digital copy)
- UP (already came out)
- Monsters Inc

2 Disc
- pretty much the rest of the disney/pixars (Im like 90% sure about that, i cant remember if cars and ratatouille are single discs)

Im not sure about the pirates trilogy.[/QUOTE]
thanks

So what are the odds that I might be able to just find the cases somewhere? Half of those I bought for less than $10 (Monsters Inc + Up were $17 for the pair) and really don't want to double dip.. But yum, steelbook goodness.

does anyone have an educated speculated guess if these best buy exclusive blu ray steelbooks will be available on their web site? so far they don't appear!

I can't remember before any items that were store exclusives that you couldn't order on line for either shipping or instore pick up!

[quote name='bearkiss']does anyone have an educated speculated guess if these best buy exclusive blu ray steelbooks will be available on their web site? so far they don't appear!

I can't remember before any items that were store exclusives that you couldn't order on line for either shipping or instore pick up![/QUOTE]

At one point if you searched for the item number on google, there would be a non-working link to the item. It has since been taken down so I have no idea now.

I'm going there at 8:40 am to be the first in line. It open at 9am as a holiday hour.

While you at it, look through window sliding door, see if the Disney display stand are in front. That way, you know where to get them rather then going to the blu-ray aisle.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm going there at 8:40 am to be the first in line. It open at 9am as a holiday hour.

While you at it, look through window sliding door, see if the Disney display stand are in front. That way, you know where to get them rather then going to the blu-ray aisle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate when I don't know where they put anything. I plan on being there bright and early too. Probably going to be there are 8:40am too. Hopefully no hoarders show up. I just want one of each.

If you guys want to check if the steelbook will be available or is available at your local Best Buy, here are some links I made. I'm missing a few, but will post them once I figure out how to get them.

Bug's Life

Cars http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...kuId=9650891&productId=2064469&itemId=1446049

Monsters Inc.

Nightmare Before Christmas

Pinocchio http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...kuId=9650946&productId=2064473&itemId=1446053

Ratatouille http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...kuId=9650991&productId=2064478&itemId=1446058

Sleeping Beauty http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...kuId=9650937&productId=2064472&itemId=1446052

Wall-E http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...kuId=9650982&productId=2064477&itemId=1446057

Screw it. I'm gunna try and get a BB-CC and put the ones I want on that, and just ask for gift cards on Xmas.

I truly hope that my Best Buy doesn't tell me that they didn't get it in like they did with the Up steelbook. It says that they have the steelbooks already.

All those links say my store doesn't have any yet we have all of them. I'll try and find out if they are gonna be on a special display or an end cap or just with the regular blu rays. I'll try to have info posted before Monday night.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']In-store only! fuck![/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why must these be released ELEVEN DAYS before I get back to the USA?! :cry:

AHHH!!! Just came down with a stomach infection. There's no way I'll recover in time to get these. Anyone near me think they can pick up an extra copy of each Pixar movie?

I just saw the display for these. It's just a small standee with all the blus and the LOST blus. We only have mostly 4 of each. Get there early.

Thanks for the coupon! Also what $25 gift cards? I see the $10 ones for spending $100-$149.99.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I have the flyer in front of me (I'm at work, BestBuy) and it was folded over and I didn't see the $25 part. Sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

$25 GC are located on top of Harry Potter page, see above.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']Only for regular prices. They are on sale for $5 off so coupon is no good.[/QUOTE]

Well that depend which cashier/manager you deal with but YMMV.

Do I have to separate the 11 steelbooks? 6 x 29.99= 1 $25 dollar gift card
5 x @29.99= 4 cents from 149.99 for the $25gc I need a filler or buy another steelbook.
Hopefully I can snag two sets of the 11 and get $100 dollars worth of giftcards. I have 3 bb's within 20 miles.

[quote name='aj slick']Do I have to separate the 11 steelbooks? 6 x 29.99= 1 $25 dollar gift card
5 x @29.99= 4 cents from 149.99 for the $25gc I need a filler or buy another steelbook.
Hopefully I can snag two sets of the 11 and get $100 dollars worth of giftcards. I have 3 bb's within 20 miles. [/QUOTE]
yes you can separate them.

My friend and I are getting there 1 hour before opening and camping out for them...
I am going to split it into 2 purchases... 5 steels and Lost S5 and 5 steels and Public Enemies... grand total of 357.88

I'm all set! I have 2 plans:

Plan A - 3 purchases with Gift Card

1st purchase - 5 steels w/ $10 RZ Cert. & $10 GC, get $25 GC
2nd purchase - 5 steels minus $25 GC, get $25 GC
3rd purchase - 5 steels minus $25, get $25

Plan B - 2 purchases with Walmart PM & Gift Card

1st purchase - 8 steels minus $10 RZ Cert. & $10 GC, get $25 GC
2nd purchase - 7 steels minus $25 GC, get $25 GC

Its a best buy exclusive - but let me know how many copies walmart has on tuesday-
btw if you only buy 5 without your rz and gc- 29.99 x 5= 149.95 which means 10 dollar gc

[quote name='Mako1215']Hold on. What Wal-Mart PM?
and BB Gift cards??[/QUOTE]BB won't PM any prices Walmart has, as they're not the same item, being a BB exclusive.

Though, I'd also like to know about this mythical $25 GC people keep talking about.

[quote name='shrike4242']Though, I'd also like to know about this mythical $25 GC people keep talking about.[/QUOTE]

Read the top of both pages of the ad.

bread's done
Back