(BestBuy.com) Buy 2 DS Touch Generation titles, get one FREE til' 11/11 (B&M too)

oops, i just noticed it now in the "uber-thread". well, i suppose my topic is still valid, seeing as it makes reference to the website. thanks, crewj.

There's not much of a selection, since most of them are Nintendogs and I don't think there's a reason to get more than one version.

[quote name='chakan']I wish they stocked Electroplankton, which is a Touch Generation title, I believe.[/quote]

In Europe, yes.

And all I want is Magnetica, having all of the other games and one copy of Nintendogs. Magnetica isn't a big enough deal for me to care. Nice enough offer, though.

According to the actual ad, elite beat agents is a touch generation game so I'm looking at that plus clubhouse games, but I don't know which other one I would pick.

[quote name='psunami']Picking up Clubhouse games, Magnetica, and Elite Beat Agents for $60 sounds like a good deal to me.[/QUOTE]
I have Magnetica already. Anyone suggest a third game for me because I want Elite Beat Agents and Clubhouse games but I dont know a third.

[quote name='DomLando']I have Magnetica already. Anyone suggest a third game for me because I want Elite Beat Agents and Clubhouse games but I dont know a third.[/quote]

How about Tetris or Big Brain Academy? Both of these are good. How's Magnetica? That could be my third game.

Tetris, Clubhouse Games, and...? I would like Big Brain Academy but that wouldn't be worth it as it's $10 less than the other games. Maybe I'll get Magnetica.

This deal, combined with my free $20 online coupon is killer! Thanks OP!:D

I'm on the Touch Generation site and it's not listing EBA as a Touch Generation title. The only ones listed are:

Big Brain Academy
Brain Age
Elecktroplankton
Magnetica
Nintendogs
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tetris
True Swing Golf
Clubhouse Games

http://us.touchgenerations.com/

Wow, a good deal from Best Buy? Fancy that. I'm also considering CHG, Tetris and Magnetica. Tetris didn't get great reviews..but, hey, it's Tetris, how bad could they screw it up?

I don't see EBA listed either. I would jump at this offer if it were listed on the site. EBA, Magnetica and Clubhouse Games sounds like a fun package to get me through work.

EDIT: Here is what is listed on http://us.touchgenerations.com/ Hopefully B&M allow Elektroplankton and True Swing Golf. Where are people seeing EBA? Hopefully the site is not updated yet.

Damn they found a way ti make me wanna get EBA. Damn you Best Buy.

If they'll honor EBA as a touch generation game, I'll get that along with BBA and CHG.

The B+M store near me (Orlando, FL on OBT) was not considering Tetris DS as Touch Generations. They were telling me because it wasn't on the ad, and because the copies of the game they had were missing the Touch Generations logo on the box. I was not happy, but I might still use the deal on Tuesday for EBA.

[quote name='braddsky']The B+M store near me (Orlando, FL on OBT) was not considering Tetris DS as Touch Generations. They were telling me because it wasn't on the ad, and because the copies of the game they had were missing the Touch Generations logo on the box. I was not happy, but I might still use the deal on Tuesday for EBA.[/quote]

did you try cutting them?

Just in case people weren't sure about EBA's status - it's actually pictured in Best Buy's ad as a Touch Generation title so you shouldn't have any difficulty getting it in store with buy2/get1.

[quote name='Vinny']Tetris, Clubhouse Games, and...? I would like Big Brain Academy but that wouldn't be worth it as it's $10 less than the other games. Maybe I'll get Magnetica.

This deal, combined with my free $20 online coupon is killer! Thanks OP!:D[/QUOTE]

Where can I find this coupon?

I DEMAND ANSWERS.

3 games for 40? I'm all ova dat.

Edit: Took me a minute (or several) to realize you must be talking about a coupon you got via RZ or something. Bleh.

[quote name='allyourblood']i rather like Tetris. it's got more game modes than you can shake a stick at, and the WiFi/multiplayer is quite fun.[/QUOTE]

allyourblood, what is that avatar from?

[quote name='dracula']allyourblood, what is that avatar from?[/quote]

addicted is correct. that's Heather, from Silent Hill 3. and GameReeper, if that really was dracula's mom, don't you think he'd recognize her? sheesh.

lol, i'm not sure, can some list the games availible in this sale so i know what to look for? I'm going tomorrow morning. I'm only asking because the bestbuy.com doesn't show them all. Thanks!

Well, it should include the 8 current touch generations games (Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Magnetica, Tetris, Nintendogs, Sudoku Gridmaster, True Swing Golf, Clubhouse Games) that are available in store (Electroplankton being the one touch generations game not available in store) plus Elite Beat Agents which will be a touch generations game when it is released. My guess is that they just haven't added it to the site yet since it's not out.

I'm looking at getting EBA and 2 copies of Clubhouse Games, one for myself and one for a gift. Not a bad deal for $60, planning on getting a reward zone card this week since I haven't yet, and that'll be half way to a $5 coupon just from this.

[quote name='rlse9']Well, it should include the 8 current touch generations games (Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Magnetica, Tetris, Nintendogs, Sudoku Gridmaster, True Swing Golf, Clubhouse Games) that are available in store (Electroplankton being the one touch generations game not available in store) plus Elite Beat Agents which will be a touch generations game when it is released. My guess is that they just haven't added it to the site yet since it's not out.

I'm looking at getting EBA and 2 copies of Clubhouse Games, one for myself and one for a gift. Not a bad deal for $60, planning on getting a reward zone card this week since I haven't yet, and that'll be half way to a $5 coupon just from this.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they bump it up to $250 for each certificate? Unless you're talking about the Mastercard...

EDIT: Looking at the threat below...nevermind.

This looks like a pretty darn good deal. I don't even have a DS Lite and I'm going to buy some games. (Okay, my DS Lite is being shipped now.)
Looks like EBA, CHG, and BBA for me.

Well I'm glad I passed on all of this stuff for the TRU sale now, though now I'm buying more games for my DS whose games have doubled in the last month. At least these will be getting double rewards points.

Guess I'll be grabbing EBA, Clubhouse Games, and Nintendogs. Wonder if the GGC's would work on it?

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well I'm glad I passed on all of this stuff for the TRU sale now, though now I'm buying more games for my DS whose games have doubled in the last month. At least these will be getting double rewards points.

Guess I'll be grabbing EBA, Clubhouse Games, and Nintendogs. Wonder if the GGC's would work on it?[/QUOTE]
Nintendogs might be a good choice.. hmmm.
I'd rather get 3 $30 games than 2 $30 and 1 $20. It'd be a better savings point.

And yeah, would a GGC work on this? Just one? Or on two? Just one would be cool, but using it on 2 games would be even better.

That's really why I'm leaning towards Nintendogs since I take it or leave it and would rather have Brain Age, but I can't take a free $20 game over a $30 one.

I put my newest games on the shelf earier though and I realized that I can't buy any more games ever though because I'm now out of storage space and have to buy something new to store them on.

[quote name='amusedtoe']
I put my newest games on the shelf earier though and I realized that I can't buy any more games ever though because I'm now out of storage space and have to buy something new to store them on.[/QUOTE]
haha, I know how you feel. I now have 8 cabinets in my game room full of games. I cant stop buying games. I need to go to Gamer's Anonymous. :)

Does BB even sell Electroplankton? I don't remember ever seeing it in store and it's not on the site. I hope so because I want that, EBA, and CHG

[quote name='amusedtoe']That's really why I'm leaning towards Nintendogs since I take it or leave it and would rather have Brain Age, but I can't take a free $20 game over a $30 one.

I put my newest games on the shelf earier though and I realized that I can't buy any more games ever though because I'm now out of storage space and have to buy something new to store them on.[/QUOTE]

I know how that goes. I have 3 160-something DVD shelves all completely filled with DVDs and PS2 games, and another huge CD rack for all my music, GBA, DS, and PS1 games. And then I have piles of games and DVDs scattered throughout my apartment. I think I've tripled my collection since I moved into this place, and now I have to move it all next month.

[quote name='addicted2games']haha, I know how you feel. I now have 8 cabinets in my game room full of games. I cant stop buying games. I need to go to Gamer's Anonymous. :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe we need to start a support group which I'm sure we could make tax exempt, turn a tidy little profit, maybe roll it into a cult since I've always wanted to be a cult leader. Or maybe just a support group that makes each other play the stuff we buy for a change.

What I really just need is a roommate who I can convince to spend all their money on this stuff.

[quote name='bballplaya210']Does BB even sell Electroplankton? I don't remember ever seeing it in store and it's not on the site. I hope so because I want that, EBA, and CHG[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Electroplankton never made it to B&M stores in the US and is online only.

I hope so, I'm about to go check.

*Edit
There were 2 copies of EBA left at the BB I went to after I left (Airport Way, Portland, OR) I was there 1/2 hour after opening.

The funny thing is that if you look at the picture in the Best Buy ad, it shows the Touch Generations logo on the EBA case. But if you look at their website, no logo appears on the game case. Plus, it's not on the Touch Generations website. Hoepfully they'll honor their ad. Otherwise, I'll be passing on the deal.

Went to Best Buy this morning at open and couldn't find Elite Beat Agents anywhere. The website says there are none in stock at my store either.

bread's done
Back