(BestBuy.com) Buy 2 DS Touch Generation titles, get one FREE til' 11/11 (B&M too)

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone's BB get EBA yet?[/quote]

Saw only 2 copies when I picked up my Transformers 20th Anniversary DVD 45 min ago.

Wierd thing is, it was placed in the GBA section. WTfuck?

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone's BB get EBA yet?[/quote]

The guy was just unpacking and putting out about 10 of them when I was in there picking up Guitar Hero 2. So if you don't see it on the shelf, ask someone to check as it probably hasn't been unpacked yet.

yeah, i just bought EBA at my BB perimeter store in atlanta. there was none on the shelf, but I asked and the guy came back with 5 copies so i took one and my friend took one.

When in doubt, Ask!

Has anyone seen any Elite Beat Agents at any CA stores (preferably any of the Sacramento stores). According to the store locator no store in CA has any, just trying to figure out how reliable that thing is.

Just got back...they had no EBA and hadn't even heard of it, but then a gal went and checked in the back after I insisted that it came out today. She came back out with a bunch of them. I checked out with Elite Beat Agents, Tetris DS, and Club House Games.

For those wondering, EBA has "Touch Generations" on the front of the package. Tetris doesn't, but it's online on the 3-for-1 sales page. At any rate, the whole transaction went through without a hitch.

I really, really want Magnetica and Clubhouse, and EBA makes the perfect third choice, but I just can't see a way to justify spending $60 right now.

Bleh.

Just got back from the Galleria store in Houston, TX - had to ask an employee to go and retrieve EBA from the back of the store. Picked up EBA, Nintendogs, and Clubhouse games... sweet.

I tried using the GGC $5 off $20... but the guy at the front said you couldn't combine the deals.. oh well.

[quote name='Strell']Where can I find this coupon?

I DEMAND ANSWERS.

3 games for 40? I'm all ova dat.

Edit: Took me a minute (or several) to realize you must be talking about a coupon you got via RZ or something. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

It was actually for an order cancellation. I ordered a $350 memory upgrade for only $200 via their site and it was a price mistake. They sent me a cancellation email along with the $20 coupon. And I got another $10 for the PS3 one.

I used both of them for 2 copies of Clubhouse games and 1 Tetris DS.:D I'll try to exchange the copy of Clubhouse games for a copy of EBA so that leaves me with 3 awesome games for $10 each! Uberhot deal for me!:D

[quote name='Vinny']It was actually for an order cancellation. I ordered a $350 memory upgrade for only $200 via their site and it was a price mistake. They sent me a cancellation email along with the $20 coupon. And I got another $10 for the PS3 one.

I used both of them for 2 copies of Clubhouse games and 1 Tetris DS.:D I'll try to exchange the copy of Clubhouse games for a copy of EBA so that leaves me with 3 awesome games for $10 each! Uberhot deal for me!:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well.

That doesn't change the fact that you suck.

Just got back from Best Buy. Poor employee had to search the stockroom for at least 10-15 minutes before he retrieved two copies of Elite Beat Agents. One copy for me. One copy and Clubhouse Games for a friend for Christmas. Good deal. Someone needs to keep me from spending anymore money, though.

[quote name='AgentRowgun']Just got back from the Galleria store in Houston, TX - had to ask an employee to go and retrieve EBA from the back of the store. Picked up EBA, Nintendogs, and Clubhouse games... sweet.

I tried using the GGC $5 off $20... but the guy at the front said you couldn't combine the deals.. oh well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the GGC info. I didn't think it would work... but then again it might be YMMV type thing? I don't know.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Just got back from Best Buy. Poor employee had to search the stockroom for at least 10-15 minutes before he retrieved two copies of Elite Beat Agents. One copy for me. One copy and Clubhouse Games for a friend for Christmas. Good deal. Someone needs to keep me from spending anymore money, though.[/QUOTE]
That is so true. I'm getting this deal, along with GH2 and GoW. That's a bit of change. Oh well.

[quote name='egonpax']Thanks for the GGC info. I didn't think it would work... but then again it might be YMMV type thing? I don't know. [/QUOTE]

Definately YMMV since it's going to be up to a cashier and manager who don't care.

Just got back - picked up EBA and 2 copies of Club House games for me and my girlfriend. I had no intention of buying these games, but CAG strikes again!

Completely unethical and wrong but I'm bringing it up anyway:

Ok, my reciept for my 3 games only lists 2 games on it, no discount, no sale, nothing. Would it be possible to buy 3 and return 2 for refunds getting a 3rd free?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, it would be possible. Sounds like the associate simply didn't ring up one of your games.[/QUOTE]

I watched her scan all 3, anyone else have this happen to them?

I picked up two copies of Clubhouse Games and EBA. I only want one copy of Clubhouse Games, so I have to try and find a copy of Magnetica at the other store in town and exchange it.

So Elite Beat Agents isn't considered a Touch Generations title online but is considered one in store? Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Two copies of Clubhouse and EBA. I wanted Magnetica but they didn't have any. Not to worry as Lumines 2 should satisfy my puzzle fix for now.

I keep seeing a lot of people wanting Magnetica, is there something special about it since I remember vaugely so so reviews.

The demo for Magnetica that they had on the DS Download Station was really fun, I downloaded it a couple times and played it a lot. The main complaint I read in the reviews were that the difficulty goes from really easy to insanely hard and it's really frustrating.

Plenty of copies of EBA at Redwood City/San Carlos BB location, plus tons of all the Touch Generation games (except a few copies of Tetris DS)

Damn. Now I'm seeing that no store within 75 miles has Magnetica in stock.

I could be waiting for a few weeks for that.

I am so going to CheapAssGamer hell.

I went online... None of the three games I wanted worked with the deal or were applicable for in-store pick up. So I just grabbed three different copies of Nintendogs for trade fodder. Then used $34 worth of BestBuy Bucks.

Then I went instore and got EBA (which I wanted), Clubhouse Games and Tetris (for trade) and used the BestBuy Bucks again.

6 $30 games for under $60. It's a shame they didn't have Sudoku Gridmaster or Magenetica in stock for pick up. Now I have to get some trading going on.

I had $100 Reward Zone GC.

DS $19.99 games
Age of Empires
Sonic Rush
Cooking Mama
Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll
Big Brain Academy
Lunar: Dragon Song

DS games $29.99
Elite Beat Agents
Contact
Magical Starsign
Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends LE
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeons
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2

I think swap Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 for Yoshi's Island 2 whenever it release next week :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I had $100 Reward Zone GC.

DS $19.99 games
Age of Empires
Sonic Rush
Cooking Mama
Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll
Big Brain Academy
Lunar: Dragon Song

DS games $29.99
Elite Beat Agents
Contact
Magical Starsign
Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends LE
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeons
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2

I think swap Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 for Yoshi's Island 2 whenever it release next week :)[/quote]
You realize that most of those games don't qualify for this deal, correct? It's only for Touch Generations titles.

Or did you somehow already manage to slip it buy a clueless employee?

Hey peoples. Well I went last night to my local BB.

I picked up Guitar Hero 2 (preorder), Elite Beat Agents, ClubHouse Games, Big Brain Academy. I wanted to pick up Tetris DS but then didn't have any left (at least I couldn't find any.) Oh well. But in the end, it worked out just fine because I got a pretty sweet deal...

Usually with these type of deals (buy something get something free) the product with equal or lesser value is free right?

Well I went to customer service (they handle preorders there) and got this girl who just didn't seem to care.

So she rang up GH2 first. Then EBA, then BBA, then CHG. (Notice the order of the DS games.)
I saw the total for $135 and then I gave her my GGC and it dropped to $130.
I glanced at my receipt and it looked okay but didn't think anything of it.
When I got home I checked my receipt again, I realized on closer inspection that the GGC applied to GH2 (although it says $0.00 - I checked the math and it was applied.) Then I looked at the DS games....

EBA $30
BBA $20
CHG $0

I got CHG for free instead of BBA! I was expecting the cheapest game to be free, but that wasn't the case. I don't know if it was the order of the scanning process or what... but it turns out to be a better deal than I expected. YMMV.

[quote name='avatar94']You realize that most of those games don't qualify for this deal, correct? It's only for Touch Generations titles.

Or did you somehow already manage to slip it buy a clueless employee?[/QUOTE]

I'll hit customer service or cashier with BB ad. Possible they'll do manual price adjustment since all the games using stylus or touch. Most of BB employees is clueless anyway!! :)

[quote name='Sleepkyng']so what's the word on electroplankton?[/QUOTE]
not for sale in big retail stores in US right?
that's what i heard.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']so what's the word on electroplankton?[/QUOTE]
If you can find it in-store, I imagine you could get it to work with the deal. The only way it'll be in-store, though, is if someone returned a copy they bought online to a B&M store.

Regardless, the real word on Electroplankton is that it's becoming harder and harder to find. Nintendo.com isn't selling it anymore, and neither are CC, TRU, Amazon or Walmart. Buy.com is probably sold out, though they don't explicitly state it. About the only place I've seen it lately besides eBay is GameQuestDirect, and I think there are several people here who don't quite like their policies.

I want Clubhouse Games and Elite Beat Agents but cant find a 3rd game. I have Tetris, Big Brain Academy, and Brain Age. Magnetica I would pick up but shows out of stock by me. Any suggestions that are not on the list that would qualify? I dont really want Nintendogs.

Now I just have to debate ordering a copy of Magnetica off of their website, returning it in a store... and then exchanging my extra copy of Clubhouse games for it...

That seems like a lot of work to get a game that they don't have in the store.

[quote name='jimbodan']Managed to snag EBA, Clubhouse Games, and Tetris. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]Those were the exact 3 games I got today during lunch. Thanks for posting this separately from the weekly deal threads, OP! This deal makes me feel better about not finding any games for TRU's B2G1 sale.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Those were the exact 3 games I got today during lunch. Thanks for posting this separately from the weekly deal threads, OP! This deal makes me feel better about not finding any games for TRU's B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

Same three at lunch for myself as well. :)

I'll pick up EBA and two copies of Clubhouse... I have the rest that I want from that list (except Electroplankton, which I'll never find); I'll just sell the extra copy of CHG on Amazon.

Arg. BB had Magnetica despite it not showing up as in stock on the website and then they still haven't put out EBA. Lame. :applause:

kspiff

I picked up Elite Beats Agents which they had two copies left. And two copies of Clubhouse Games. I had two $10 off coupons. One from Rewards points and the other I got in the mail for being a Rewards Zone member. Plus I used the Gamer Card $5 off coupon for Guitar Hero 2. So $25 off my order in total and a free game.

The kid at the registar had to make all the coupons work in the system. I told him I think one of the coupons had overriden the free game. Cause the total seemed high. He said he couldnt scroll up and the system was locked. So after I paid I looked at my receipt and got charged $25.95 for the free game.

He told me go to customer service. The girl at customer service told me that you either get to use the coupon or get the free game. I said I'll just buy the 3 DS games seperately and use the 2 $10 off coupons on the 2 cds or dvd I bought. She wasnt getting what I was saying. Manager came over and after 3 of them at customer service talked for 5 minutes She refunded me the $27.57.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I picked up Elite Beats Agents which they had two copies left. And two copies of Clubhouse Games. I had two $10 off coupons. One from Rewards points and the other I got in the mail for being a Rewards Zone member. Plus I used the Gamer Card $5 off coupon for Guitar Hero 2. So $25 off my order in total and a free game.

The kid at the registar had to make all the coupons work in the system. I told him I think one of the coupons had overriden the free game. Cause the total seemed high. He said he couldnt scroll up and the system was locked. So after I paid I looked at my receipt and got charged $25.95 for the free game.

He told me go to customer service. The girl at customer service told me that you either get to use the coupon or get the free game. I said I'll just but the 3 DS games seperately and use the 2 $10 off coupons on the 2 cds or dvd I bought. She wasnt getting what I was saying. Manager came over and after 3 of them at customer service talked for 5 minutes She refund me the $27.57.[/quote]

Best Buy employees are utterly incompetent.

I gave the cashier the game and a GGC coupon. After she scanned the game, she rang me up for the full price. I said, "What about the coupon?" After scanning the coupon, she said, "Oh, well I have to do that before I scan the game so you'll have to go return this if you want to use the coupon." "Well, can't you start the transaction over?" "No, I already swiped your credit card." I just stood there in a state of shock and awe.

bread's done
Back