Biggest CAG Shopping News 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Biggest CAG Shopping News.
What was the biggest news in 2008 that effected (or will effect) your game shopping habits?

Last year's winner:
Biggest CAG Shopping News: Amazon.com: Deal of the Day

After three years of EBgames.com domination, it seems Amazon is on its way to starting the next Cheapy Awards dynasty. This year, Amazon.com simply dominated the competition, winning every relevant Cheapy Award. Amazon's combination of great deals and superb customer service resulted in CAGs forking over their cash (and their hearts) to the new king of online video game retail. Congratulations to Amazon on their impressive victories!

Amazon has posted a response on their Game Room Blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psst. You mean 2008 ;)

--

Maybe my answer will change. It's hard to remember ALL of 2008, but, I know I was P.I.S.T. when Amazon stopped doing the post-price match!! :cry:

Amazon gets rid of their 30 day price guarantee.
No price drop on the PS3.
Emergence of online sales tax for out of state purchases.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
Emergence of online sales tax for out of state purchases.[/quote]

What happened with this?

[quote name='rickonker']What happened with this?[/quote]
New Yorkers now get charged sales tax for all purchases made online, and it looks like it may spread to other states.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']New Yorkers now get charged sales tax for all purchases made online, and it looks like it may spread to other states.[/QUOTE]
Well that's just great! Thanks.

Uh, I'd like to nominate the recession. I've bought two games total in the past four months. I used to buy several dozen a month before everything went to hell.

I liked the 360's price cut and the sleeper....Rare putting out two awesome titles for under $40 proving you can make games for cheap asses that are not pure shovelware.

Amazon's dropping of the post-purchase price match.

CC being halfway to the trash can.

The economy being in the tank.

Sales tax for online purchases.

i dont know the term for this, but that fact that so many video games find the bargain bin way to quickly. economic recession in the game industry?

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon's dropping of the post-purchase price match.

Sales tax for online purchases.[/quote]

I'd go with this too, in that order.

If

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon's dropping of the post-purchase price match.

Sales tax for online purchases.[/quote]

I'd go with this too, in that order.

If CC doesn't find a buyer this Friday, then I'd bump that up to numero uno.

i would say this whole economic crisis were going through. but if that doesnt count then finding out all the great deals amazon has. and in 3rd (or 2nd) the Wii selling through the roof even through this horrible recession were going through.

[quote name='the_grimace']i dont know the term for this, but that fact that so many video games find the bargain bin way to quickly. economic recession in the game industry?[/QUOTE]

Price drops?

I, being a NYer, will go with the Sales Tax bullshit as well. Newegg was able to successfully shove it up Patterson's blind ass and stop charging sales tax, so hopefully Amazon can follow suite within a few months.

bread's done
Back