Biggest CAG Shopping News 2008

360 price drop. That was kind of big news. PS3 price drop as well. I bought both because of it. 360 was first, that's my vote.

As for tax on online orders, that's soon going to happen everywhere. Could happen in CA soon. That's why I shop at Amazon.

CompUSA going under after buying a bunch of ad space in Burnout: Paradise. Then being bought up by tigerdirect.com.

Amazon matching competitors' ads—they mainly did it with Black Friday, but they've been doing it with some of the weekly ads, too (see Call of Duty: World at War for $35, matching Best Buy).

NY state's unconstitutional sales tax law that forces online retailers, with NY state affiliates, to charge sales tax even though these retailers have no physical presence in the state, and NY gets the tax money for providing no service to the retailers whatsoever.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']New Yorkers now get charged sales tax for all purchases made online, and it looks like it may spread to other states.[/quote]

Dammit, this would SUCK. Most of the time my online purchases are cheaper than the B&M counterparts by tax only. Amazon and the like should fight this tooth and toenail.

My nomination would be online sales tax.

Hard to find a Wii Fit?

I would say now CC going under. This didn't affect me until I heard yesterday that they are closing the Williston VT store that was not part of the 155 they announced awhile back.

bread's done
Back