Biggest CAG Shopping News 2008

Amazon and their Black Friday deals were outta hand. I still have a stack of sealed games, right next to a stack of in-progress games, next to another stack of completed games. They delivered from every angle.

[quote name='Squarehard']Amazon.com stopped price matching. What a RIP! Makes me think twice shopping there now.[/QUOTE]

This! They've lost a few sales from me because of this.

I don't think Amazon's price guarantee had as much impact as the closing of all the CC stores. But I think the big story will be this year when CC does finally shut its doors.

Probably the biggest cag shopping news is the recession, along with all the studios closing.

CC closing stores and it's pending bankruptcy (?). Goodbye to PM at other stores and clearance games. I also have to mention Amazon.com's decision to get rid of their price-matching policy.

being taxed online is quite a bummer...but i would have to go for the 360 price drop because that was happy news

Circuit City going under is a shopping news story for 2009 not 2008. Anyway, Amazon dropping their post-order price guarantee, and then routinely dropping prices on games a week after they were released, basically screwing everyone that preordered. People getting Eternal Poison for $19.96 with the preorder art book was the kicker (lucky bastards!).

bread's done
Back