Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Nice, I had no idea about these codes and that they would work on the marketplace. Do you enter the codes just like the old 100 MSP codes on xbox.com? You dont need a Windows Phone 8 either right?
Yes. I redeemed it just like the old 100 MSP codes, and did it on xbox.com. You should not need a WP8, as all your credit now gets posted to your MS Account.

It looks .like the new $3 vouchers are region free BUT don't give you the correct exchange rate. I tried redeeming on a Hungarian, UK, and AU account and they were all going to put 3.00 in. I'm having a hard time explaining this and it's possible I screwed something up but you can test this yourself by putting the code in an xbox console (it shows your projected balance before you confirm to actually go through with inputting the code).

Yeah, I set my goal to Amazon $3 codes, since they are 30 points cheaper than MS credit. Considering all but one of my accounts gets 15 a day, saving thirty points is a big deal.

But will Amazon allow the redeeming of MS cash with gift cards? Or would that fall under their - you cant use gift cards on gift cards rule?

Looks like I'm the odd man out, using Bing to get Groupon. I have plenty of MSP which I got from great deals in the past and Amazon offers really high TiVs. Also, getting a bunch of $5 Groupons to pay for a $10 certificate for a $20 dinner feels awesome.

It looks .like the new $3 vouchers are region free BUT don't give you the correct exchange rate. I tried redeeming on a Hungarian, UK, and AU account and they were all going to put 3.00 in. I'm having a hard time explaining this and it's possible I screwed something up but you can test this yourself by putting the code in an xbox console (it shows your projected balance before you confirm to actually go through with inputting the code).
Thanks, I hadn't thought about trying it on the console. I'm gonna see what happens on a Canadian account.

Bing has been holding my Amazon $5 gift card reward hostage since 8/26. An email inquiry states that my account is under investigation, for some odd reason. I don't have multiple accounts, nor do I abuse the system. I get an Amazon gift card maybe once every 30-45 days depending on how dedicated I feel like being to doing Bing searches.

Bing has been holding my Amazon $5 gift card reward hostage since 8/26. An email inquiry states that my account is under investigation, for some odd reason. I don't have multiple accounts, nor do I abuse the system. I get an Amazon gift card maybe once every 30-45 days depending on how dedicated I feel like being to doing Bing searches.
They seem to just randomly hit people with that pretty shady if you ask me. I wish you luck.

It cost 160 for gold users, $5 worth will cost you 800 points. IMO, it's not worth it, just save toward an Amazon gift card.
Your math is a little off, it would be 640 BP for $5 MSC. Whereas it was 475/480 for $5 previously. 160 for $1.25 isn't bad if you need credits quicker, however $3 for 360 deal is better.

If have you the patience then getting a $5 Amazon card (475) is the best deal, since it's almost a direct MSP conversion if there's no tax. And as long as Amazon still sells points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your math is a little off, it would be 640 BP for $5 MSC. Whereas it was 475/480 for $5 previously. 160 for $1.25 isn't bad if you need credits quicker, however $3 for 360 deal is better.

If have you the patience then getting a $5 Amazon card (475) is the best deal, since it's almost a direct MSP conversion if there's no tax. And as long as Amazon still sells points.
I thought the Tango cards for 470 were the best deal. Just redeem those for Amazon and then MSP. Although, now that I think of it, that is quite a bit of extra steps just to save 5 bing points.

I want to start redeeming on bing rewards but I haven't added a phone number or address. Can you guys tell me if Bing ever sends stuff in the mail or calls? The more people that answer, the more convinced I'll be. PS: If it all works out and I'm feeling generous I might give some Xbox codes to you cags. Thanks!

I want to start redeeming on bing rewards but I haven't added a phone number or address. Can you guys tell me if Bing ever sends stuff in the mail or calls? The more people that answer, the more convinced I'll be. PS: If it all works out and I'm feeling generous I might give some Xbox codes to you cags. Thanks!
been using bing for about two years...never had a phone call or anything mailed from them.

been using bing for about two years...never had a phone call or anything mailed from them.
Thanks! I was feeling kind of skeptical at first, like I was with Xbox live, but the only things I've gotten are offers and promotions through email. Time to see if bing rewards is really as good as it sounds. As for the NSA, it's got me kind of nervous, since they had access to Microsoft data.

thats stupid...now i have a 3$ code but cannot use it. does anyone still have MSP codes and would like to trade? i guess i will try amazon next time too.

I pretty much lost all hope of getting stuff from the Xbox marketplace. With Microsoft points gone, the only option is to pay with a credit card. Even if something's free, I need a credit card to get it. And I have enough msp from before to be able to buy stuff, but I need a credit card to be able to use the money I already had to get a free item. FUBAR

I pretty much lost all hope of getting stuff from the Xbox marketplace. With Microsoft points gone, the only option is to pay with a credit card. Even if something's free, I need a credit card to get it. And I have enough msp from before to be able to buy stuff, but I need a credit card to be able to use the money I already had to get a free item. FUBAR
So many complained thy hated msp and ms listened. I loved msp felt like i was buying cheaper. I rarely buy now and bummed about it.

You can get a prepaid cc from a store and use that simple fix. I got one with $5 on the card left. Its safest way now for me. ms why???

So many complained thy hated msp and ms listened. I loved msp felt like i was buying cheaper. I rarely buy now and bummed about it.

You can get a prepaid cc from a store and use that simple fix. I got one with $5 on the card left. Its safest way now for me. ms why???
Looks like I won't be able to get any more dlc.

You don't need the credit cart if you buy on the console (free or not), it uses your currency balance of your account. And I'm sure they will adapt xbox.com to use the currency on your profile.

You can buy MSP cards in stores with cash and redeem it and it will convert to your currency. Unless they already removed the MSP cards, but I doubt they will remove them before they get their Microsoft Gift Cards in stores. I still see MSP cards in stores these days...

So, there are many methods to buy stuff, you just don,t try enough.

You don't need the credit cart if you buy on the console (free or not), it uses your currency balance of your account. And I'm sure they will adapt xbox.com to use the currency on your profile.

You can buy MSP cards in stores with cash and redeem it and it will convert to your currency. Unless they already removed the MSP cards, but I doubt they will remove them before they get their Microsoft Gift Cards in stores. I still see MSP cards in stores these days...

Mainly because I don't have time to get on the console to get something from the marketplace.

Yup people do not search or try a bit these days. I prefer msp but there is a few ways to use without linking you're main cc. Oh well we tried...

OK I'm back :) Question: When you get Xbox live and Microsoft gift cards through bing rewards, is the gift given through physical mail or is it an online code given through email?

OK I'm back :) Question: When you get Xbox live and Microsoft gift cards through bing rewards, is the gift given through physical mail or is it an online code given through email?
You get an online code through email. Usually it arrives fairly quickly, although weekends can be delayed a bit.

Is there any benefit to connecting to Facebook with your Bing account or any penalty for not connecting to Facebook? I can't create any more Facebook accounts because the stupid website wants phone confirmation that I'm not "abusing" Facebook's site. I have made accounts with my Microsoft hotmail account. Is that fine to get the points, or not?
Connecting with Facebook gives you I think one or two credits. They removed the one month of Xbox live prize so a lot of people aren't happy,

Yeah I go to redeem, then click the "shop" tab instead of "view all" and it's the third row down, second choice.  Wonder if it's just gone for certain people or what, for me it's on all accounts though.

Is there any benefit to connecting to Facebook with your Bing account or any penalty for not connecting to Facebook? I can't create any more Facebook accounts because the stupid website wants phone confirmation that I'm not "abusing" Facebook's site. I have made accounts with my Microsoft hotmail account. Is that fine to get the points, or not?
You used to get like 75 points or something for connecting, but now that it's been reduced to a mere 2 points it's really not worth the hassle. Plus then you have to sign out twice if you want to change accounts.

The HelpingSocial site that helps you get Bing points easily isn't working. Normal searches will still give you Bing points, but the HelpingSocial automated searches won't give any points at all. Anybody know why?

I know you can only get 15-30 points every day. I haven't hit my limit. And it still won't work.

Yeah. None of them work. I've got 5 accounts with one allowing 30 points. I can't possibly do the searches manually. Guess I'll wait for the bots to work again. I'm sure someone will be able to fix Bing's crap.
How does it allow 30 points a day? I can only get 15 points a day for searching.

Yeah. None of them work. I've got 5 accounts with one allowing 30 points. I can't possibly do the searches manually. Guess I'll wait for the bots to work again. I'm sure someone will be able to fix Bing's crap.
Someone found a workaround, go to pogocheats' message board.

How can you not do it manually without bots? It shouldn't take more than 5mins to do all 5 of those accounts combined.

210 searches in 5 minutes? Yeah, I don't think so.
Type in any random word, look at the related searches and Ctrl+click on every link, go to the last tab and repeat.

Doing it like that only takes a little over 4 minutes.

People are still not doing the hold the Ctrl key and clicking on related searches? That's the fastest way. I close all but one tab after I have about 20 open because it slows down my browser. It takes like less than a minute.

bread's done
Back