Bioshock PS3 + FS for $29.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Nemesis193']Don't think so. Coupon says in store only.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it work @ BestBuy as the second post states? Are BestBuy stores denying these coupons and we haven't heard about it?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Why wouldn't it work @ BestBuy as the second post states? Are BestBuy stores denying these coupons and we haven't heard about it?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me today no problem

Too bad Amazon doesn't have the price protection policy anymore, as I ordered this from them about a week ago. Oh well, after the gift card I used I was only out $12, so it's not THAT bad.

EDIT: To answer the person above me, I finished the 360 version and have now played through the first doctor part on the PS3 version, and they seem pretty much identical so far. Supposedly there's some added content in the ps3 version, but as far as how they run I'd say they look pretty much identical. Certainly no issues w/ the PS3 version that I can see.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Why wouldn't it work @ BestBuy as the second post states? Are BestBuy stores denying these coupons and we haven't heard about it?[/QUOTE]

SOME best buys have denied coupon according to the 2k coupon thread. I in the other hand, had no problems in redeeming it to get bioshock today. bioshock BB sale $29.99 - 2k coupon $10 = $19.99 plus tax bioshock

Im close to biting on this because it saves me a trip to Best Buy. Plus I have Prime not to mention the fact that it seems like the coupon is YMMV.

[quote name='panasonic']Is bioshock ps3 better or worse than the 360 version? Have all the patches came out?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the only thing worse would be the graphical glitches (which I never encountered). I don'tknow if the patch is out or not, but I'd assume since the dlc is out they fixed the graphical glitches.
Whether it is better or not is debateable, but for $20 or $30, the Survivor difficulty (harder than Hard mode on 360/pc) is well worth it, in my opinion. I had a blast with that, even after playing through the game on Normal when it came out originally.
And the dlc is probably worth it, though I can't vouch for that.

Bioshock is a good game, i'll jump on this one
2.gif

[quote name='panasonic']Is bioshock ps3 better or worse than the 360 version? Have all the patches came out?[/QUOTE]

From reviews, the visuals are supposed to be upgraded. Basically better textures. I downloaded the demo to try it out (already played the game the year before) and couldn't tell anything super obvious.

If I didn't already have it though I'd buy the Playstation version since it's supposed to be better and has some extra content available.

[quote name='Vinny']BestBuy has this for $30 - $10 2K coupon = $20 + tax.[/QUOTE]

What coupon is that?

Getting BB to accept seems to be YMMV. I was denied the other day but a lot of people have said that they were able to get it to work. The website does not technically say that BB is a merchant that takes this coupon so they can deny you. I may try this again, however my BB only had one copy when I tired it and the site says they are out of stock in store.

[quote name='United_Korea']R2 to shoot; no buy[/quote]

Wow... moving your index finger a centimeter is keeping you from enjoying this fine game (playing it now, I'm hooked).

That's like saying, "Filet Mignon has cracked pepper instead of peppercorn. No eat."
Or "Ferrari has CD player but no MP3 input. No sell."
Or "sheets are 200 count thread, not 300. No sex."

[quote name='groundskeeper']Getting BB to accept seems to be YMMV. I was denied the other day but a lot of people have said that they were able to get it to work. The website does not technically say that BB is a merchant that takes this coupon so they can deny you. I may try this again, however my BB only had one copy when I tired it and the site says they are out of stock in store.[/QUOTE]

I work at Best Buy. The coupon IS in our system, though it may require a manager to take the $10 off.
Nobody should be rejected. Anyone that is has a lazy manager who isn't doing their job right.

[quote name='SDC']I work at Best Buy. The coupon IS in our system, though it may require a manager to take the $10 off.
Nobody should be rejected. Anyone that is has a lazy manager who isn't doing their job right.[/QUOTE]

How do you prove they take the coupon when the site does not mention the store? The consumer is not really in a position to convince the manager. in the case of BB the customer is not always right....

[quote name='groundskeeper']How do you prove they take the coupon when the site does not mention the store? The consumer is not really in a position to convince the manager. in the case of BB the customer is not always right....[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess that's hard to do if you are a customer. If you can get them to scan it, though, it shows up in the system, which means Best Buy will accept it.
And it is a shame that some BB's have turned you off, because working there, all they tell the employees is that we need to treat our customers like kings and help them with everything they need.

If you guys get treated poorly at a Best Buy, if you've made a purchase they give you that survey on your receipt? Fill it out, and leave a comment as to why the service sucked. The stores actually look at those. Mention employee/manager names of people that were jerks.

Going to BB today after work to try this out... After all the praise it has gotten over the past year I can't hold off any longer.

[quote name='dboy81']Wow... moving your index finger a centimeter is keeping you from enjoying this fine game (playing it now, I'm hooked).[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice anything bad about the controls at all from the demo. I guess it wasn't a big deal that it was on that button one way or the other, since i didn't even notice :D

[quote name='Molotov']Does the PS3 version have trophies?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. The main game actually has three more trophies than the Xbox version has achievements (Platinum, Beat Survivor, Beat Survivor w/ no vita-chambers), and then there are 12 more trophies (I think) for the dlc challenge rooms.

Where is this 2K coupon?

BestBuy in NYC denied me. Two of them. They said they don't take it.

Thanks for the coupon guys! I will try another store.

[quote name='United_Korea']R2 to shoot; no buy[/quote]
Exactly. I don't understand why they won't allow custom controls. Who in the hell uses R2 to shoot on a PS3? I never buy games that have that controller setup and not allow custom.

[quote name='jona187']BestBuy in NYC denied me. Two of them. They said they don't take it.

Thanks for the coupon guys! I will try another store.[/quote]

you got bullied. should've called a manager to override it.

[quote name='jubeininja69']i'll wait till it hits $19.99 or no play.[/QUOTE]

umm...it IS $20 (w/2k coupon) ;)

[quote name='jona187']BestBuy in NYC denied me. Two of them. They said they don't take it.

Thanks for the coupon guys! I will try another store.[/quote]

Did you try the Best Buy in Chelsea? I went there today and had no problem. If they give you grief just speak to a manager and if they still don't think that the coupon won't work, just have them scan it so that they can see that it is valid and by than they'll have no choice but to sell you the game for $19.99.

I tried on 23rd and 6th ave and the one around 86th street.

I'll try chelsea tomorrow and see how that goes.

Hopefully I'll have better luck here, if not someone's getting choked at best buy. lol
Bdwy N Of Houston NY (Store 609)
622 Broadway

[quote name='jona187']I tried on 23rd and 6th ave and the one around 86th street.

I'll try chelsea tomorrow and see how that goes.

Hopefully I'll have better luck here, if not someone's getting choked at best buy. lol
Bdwy N Of Houston NY (Store 609)
622 Broadway[/quote]

tell me how it goes... i was about to go to the one on 23rd n 6th on friday

Ok since a lot of people seem to be having trouble with Best Buy the guy who did it for me was kind of young but he never scanned the coupon he just typed in manufactures discount for $10 after I told him it was off 2kgames.com and it was in the USA today. Maybe try to get them to do that I was ready to talk to the manager if he didn't accept it. Just be friendly and usually cashiers are cool.

I hope this helps someone.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']tell me how it goes... i was about to go to the one on 23rd n 6th on friday[/QUOTE]

Me too. Love to hear a confirmation of them taking the coupon.

bread's done
Back