BlazBlue LE (PS3) - $9.99 on Clearence @ BB - HUGE YMMV

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
Picked up BlazBlue Limited Edition for PS3 at the Joliet, IL store today for $9.99 on clearence. It wasn't clear if the label said $29.99 or $9.99, but the clerk rang it up as $9.99 without even looking twice.

There was only one so there are none left. I checked the PS3 and 360 sections for any more, but didn't find any more.

As with all BB clearence deals this is YMMV but thought it was big enough to start a new thread for it. Surprising to see it on clearence so soon after release.

Happy hunting.

EDIT:
For all of you calling for blood - here's a pic of the receipt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this just a pricing mistake, didn't BB mark a bunch of LE games to 50% off, it was probably meant to be $29.99.

I humbly advise not getting your hopes up on this one, but this is CAG.............

[quote name='boxy']Receipt screenshot please.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have any way to scan my receipt unfortunately. Not sure the point anyway, what do I gain by lying?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']This belongs in the master YMMV thread or on the bragging forum...[/QUOTE]

Sorry - if someone can move it, please do.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I love when people ask for a receipt scan. Who cares lol, what does he have to gain by lying to a bunch of people on the internet?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he gets off by getting people to get their hopes up and waste their time going to all of their nearby Best Buys?

There is no way this game was clearanced to $9.99 this fast. Either it was a pricing mistake or the guy is full of shit. I'm leanin towards the latter since it's pretty convenient that he has "no way of scannin his receipt" considering how prevalent digital cameras and cell phone cameras are.

I'd say the OP just really lucky on this one.

Also I had no idea so many CAGs were such dicks. Jesus what's the deal with some of you guys. Dude got an amazing deal, thought others may be able to benefit. The chances are slim of this being a repeat thing yes but you don't have to be a fucking cock about it.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Also I had no idea so many CAGs were such dicks. . .[/QUOTE]

You should have figured this tidbit out a long time ago.

[quote name='shivaedge']Wow, already on clearance a few weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

They're probably trying to clear room for the regular edition.

How did the clerk ring it up at 9.99 did they manually input the price (not suppose to happen do to possibility of these kinds of errors) or scan the barcode? Either way nice score.

Very YMMV. Still not gonna stop me from trying though :) Hope lingers on for CAGs. And really? didnt know so many were dicks? This is the internet, I thought part of the ISP contract is for you to be a dick on at least one site. Or leave dick like comments.

CAG dicks? Hell, this is nothing compared to another site (which I refuse to name since I never use them anymore) where the newbies get ripped on endlessly and nothing is done to stop it, yet if you rub a mod the wrong way even if you're not breaking any board rules they'll ban you without warning.

this must've been one helluva pricing error. I agree w/ others.. pic of receipt so we may know of this legendary location.

Joilet? I thought i read Toilet :lol:

Definitely belong to bragging rights... The price tag probably can't be scanned and the first number is "mushed" out so the cashier can only see $9.99.

[quote name='Dro']The Best Buy by the mall in Joliet? Darn you I should of went.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the one by the mall. I was actually there to return some games and wasn't going to check the clearance section at all. Glad I did. Now I can return my $60 copy I bought from Gamestop!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Maybe he gets off by getting people to get their hopes up and waste their time going to all of their nearby Best Buys?

There is no way this game was clearanced to $9.99 this fast. Either it was a pricing mistake or the guy is full of shit. I'm leanin towards the latter since it's pretty convenient that he has "no way of scannin his receipt" considering how prevalent digital cameras and cell phone cameras are.[/QUOTE]

As far as you go, again, I ask you, what do I gain by lying. Me getting off by people wasting time? What? I'm not some childish adolescent on summer break with nothing better to do than to screw with people on the internet. I have no doubt that there are people out there like that, but I am the furthest thing from one of them. And, yes, I suppose I can take a picture with my camera and upload it to the internet and post it on here. The fact is I am working from home today and I wanted to post a quick thread to inform the CAG community, not spend time taking the pic and posting proof for some random person who doesn't believe me about a deal. I could care less if you believe me or not. I used to be a regular on this site and don't need validation from you. If shrike comes on here and asks me for proof, I'll post it. For you...not so much.

I believe him.

Mostly because he's an older user, 5 years, and has a high trading account. I believe him because it doesn't cost me anything, and if I check (they don't where I live a friend of mine just went there) its only a few in gas.

[quote name='blissskr']How did the clerk ring it up at 9.99 did they manually input the price (not suppose to happen do to possibility of these kinds of errors) or scan the barcode? Either way nice score.[/QUOTE]

They did it manually. It rang up $60 and they had to override the price. All clearance games I have bought there ring up regular price and then are adjusted manually. Seems an inefficient way to do it personally, but I'm not running the store...

Remember several years ago where Target had the massive DVD pricing error and people were getting stuff like Band of Brothers for $5? Well I guess since it didn't happen at my store, EVERYONE ELSE was lying!!!

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Remember several years ago where Target had the massive DVD pricing error and people were getting stuff like Band of Brothers for $5? Well I guess since it didn't happen at my store, EVERYONE ELSE was lying!!![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']You should have figured this tidbit out a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Everyone who thinks he's lying: you're an idiot.

It was almost definitely a $29.99 price tag and the clerk messed up (override?), or it was a $9.99 price tag and BB messed up. I hate to tell you guys this, but the world ain't perfect. Mistakes are made, and damn if you didn't get a good one, but i doubt anyone else is getting this. Definitely a bragging rights thing, not even YMMV.

[quote name='the_punisher']I hate to tell you guys this, but the world ain't perfect.[/QUOTE]

As evidenced by the existence of said guys. :)

[quote name='shivaedge']Wow, already on clearance a few weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

Stoked (360) @ TRU dropped to $10 about 3 weeks after release.

[quote name='chickenhawk']They did it manually. It rang up $60 and they had to override the price. All clearance games I have bought there ring up regular price and then are adjusted manually. Seems an inefficient way to do it personally, but I'm not running the store...[/QUOTE]

LOL. I need to find me some Best Buy clearance labels...ZOINKS!!!

Add me to the "dick" pile: I call shenanigans. Every time I've picked up a YMMV BB deal the cashier has had to call a manager to get approval. This process includes the manger entering a password and the final adjusted price. Not a single cashier has been able to do this price adjustment on their own.

[quote name='Vader582']Add me to the "dick" pile: I call shenanigans. Every time I've picked up a YMMV BB deal the cashier has had to call a manager to get approval. This process includes the manger entering a password and the final adjusted price.[/QUOTE]

Thats how it is at my BB.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I am going to see a movie right there in Joliet, I shall go check on that last one. If it is true I shall post a scan.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you misunderstood, but there are no more left. I purchased the last one.

[quote name='Vader582']Add me to the "dick" pile: I call shenanigans. Every time I've picked up a YMMV BB deal the cashier has had to call a manager to get approval. This process includes the manger entering a password and the final adjusted price. Not a single cashier has been able to do this price adjustment on their own.[/QUOTE]

Yes, she did have to call over someone to enter a code. Bought Geometry Wars for Wii too and same thing. Last time a manager must have rung me up because she put in a code herself.

Suspicion because I didn't spell that out and just said it was done manually? :roll:

I might post proof just so all you guys can shove your foot in your mouths.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Yes, she did have to call over someone to enter a code. Bought Geometry Wars for Wii too and same thing. Last time a manager must have rung me up because she put in a code herself.

Suspicion because I didn't spell that out and just said it was done manually? :roll:

I might post proof just so all you guys can shove your foot in your mouths.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind you proving me wrong. It'll let people know if they should really waste their time, effort and energy on this one. Crow tastes good...now put up or shut-up.:lol:

You know, a lot of times the bulkier limited edition games get priced lower than the regular versions just so stores can get rid of them and free up shelf space. This could've been one big error since the regular edition comes out next week.

Can this just be moved to bragging rights? Obviously, we (other than the OP) can't get this deal, even if we go to Toilet, i mean Joilet...

bread's done
Back