BlazBlue LE (PS3) - $9.99 on Clearence @ BB - HUGE YMMV

I can't understand why this thread hasn't been moved. It's not even a YMMV deal. It's a cashier who made a mistake and deducted $50 instead of 50% off the game price. The chances of anyone else getting that price at Best Buy or anywhere else is 0% so it's not even YMMV. It's one lucky guy who should be posting in the brag section of the forum.

[quote name='JCDenton']Just cleaned out the last 7 at the nearest BB, about to head across town for 4 more. Ebay, here I come![/QUOTE]

You are really bluffing, unless you post a pick of the receipts, now, that will keep this tread going forever.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Maybe the Tinley park store would PM it. It's the closest BB to that store. I knew I should went there yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Matteson sure didn't , and they have plenty of copies for both systems.

Don't trust the online "in-store availability". They showed it only for 360, but they had it for both systems.

[quote name='depascal22']It says huge YMMV in the title. Why waste time worrying about which thread this belongs in?[/QUOTE]

Because I don't want this board to be as disorganized and hard to navigate as every other deal site out there. Why is it so important to you that this thread remain in the wrong area?

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Matteson sure didn't , and they have plenty of copies for both systems.

Don't trust the online "in-store availability". They showed it only for 360, but they had it for both systems.[/QUOTE]

Matteson never does shit, thats why I never PM there.

Couldn't find a single copy anywhere to try and have them PM it, but at least I did find a CD I've been looking for that had the wrong clearance sticker on it so I got it for 2.99 instead of 14.99

Thanks, OP, for posting a picture of your receipt. It helped me "price match" a 360 version at $29.99. Needless to say that falls safely in the YMMV, couldn't hurt to try category.

[quote name='52club']The guy lives in Joliet, he needs all the breaks he can get. OP, I'm only kidding, sort of:).[/QUOTE]

: (

I live in Shorewood, close enough.

I was going to go pick up my gf and go see a movie right by the Joliet BB and I ran there first to see if there were any PS3 BlazBlue. There of course were zero left, but plenty 360 copies marked at MSRP. Again, like plenty have stated, this is merely the fault of the cashier. It most likely was meant for 29.99 and was mismarked at 9.99

Their way of clearance pricing is ridiculous. I picked up a copy of Shaun White (360) which was marked for $9.99 It rang up at 29.99, the girl looked at it, put it to 9.99 and had someone sign off and it was fine.

Someone mentioned earlier I believe that, morally corrupt fellows could easily place other stickers over already clearanced games.

Either way I was saddened when I walked out of BB without a PS3 copy of BlazBlue.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Thanks, OP, for posting a picture of your receipt. It helped me "price match" a 360 version at $29.99. Needless to say that falls safely in the YMMV, couldn't hurt to try category.[/QUOTE]

Glad someone was able to benefit, although not fully.

[quote name='BrolyB593']: (

I live in Shorewood, close enough.

I was going to go pick up my gf and go see a movie right by the Joliet BB and I ran there first to see if there were any PS3 BlazBlue. There of course were zero left, but plenty 360 copies marked at MSRP. Again, like plenty have stated, this is merely the fault of the cashier. It most likely was meant for 29.99 and was mismarked at 9.99[/QUOTE]

I checked stock and the 360 version is only available at Joilet and Downers Grove

:roll:

While it may not be as killer a find as $10, it helped me knock half off a new title, which is a hell of a deal to me. Especially at a BB that had copies of SFIV LE "clearanced" for a whopping 15% off MSRP, I couldn't be happier to pick up this game at a discount. Thanks again for sharing this find.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Thanks, OP, for posting a picture of your receipt. It helped me "price match" a 360 version at $29.99. Needless to say that falls safely in the YMMV, couldn't hurt to try category.[/QUOTE]

How did you pull this off with a picture of a receipt?

[quote name='Japakneez']I checked stock and the 360 version is only available at Joilet and Downers Grove

:roll:[/QUOTE]

The "in-store availability" feature of the website is wrong.......... It shows the PS3 version as "unavailable" in Matteson, but there are at least 3 copies there, even more 360 copies.

I didn't know you can price match off a copy of a reciept. I want to know how to get this done so I can try.

I scored a $2 copy of Persona 4 a while back. I could scan the receipt if you guys think you might be able to get this price matched.

[quote name='scavy']Still $9 too much ;)[/QUOTE]

everyone has their own opinion. i personally paid msrp ($60) for this game. PS3 LE version and havent regretted it. it is the best 2D fighting game i have ever played.
picking it up for $9.99 OP.... you are so lucky.

P.S. check up ebay on the PS3 LE version of this game folks and you will see that even paying msrp for it would have been worth it.
RARE GAME. value of it is going up as we speak.

Although the game doesn't appeal to me I would certainly pick it up to try for $9.99. Wonderful snag there. I've never even seen this game at my local Best Buy for either system.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Wow, Richton Park! I am in Park Forest.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that before in the Chicagoland thread, my friend just moved there sunday

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Looks like I was wrong, you got pretty lucky.

You sure were defensive about it though, yikes.[/QUOTE]

You sure were a douche about it, yikes.

[quote name='whoknows']Chickenhawk is awesome.

If you didn't trust him you're a douchebag.[/QUOTE]
Always trust random people on the interwebs...got it. :roll:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']dosnt he have over 100 itrader? i doubt that's random. silly cag.[/QUOTE]
I know! I'm such a nut for not trusting people I've never met, spoken to, traded with or know from Adam. I'll know much better next time.:lol:
In fairness to all who questioned the OP, a receipt from the beginning would have removed all doubt.

[quote name='scavy']Still $9 too much ;)[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that because I got the 360 version for $0.99.

And, no, I will not put a pic of the receipt up because it never happened!:D

Great find, OP! Good to see you stand up to the "pics or it didn't happen" douches!!

[quote name='Vader582']I know! I'm such a nut for not trusting people I've never met, spoken to, traded with or know from Adam. I'll know much better next time.:lol:
In fairness to all who questioned the OP, a receipt from the beginning would have removed all doubt.[/QUOTE]

True, but it was much funnier to see everyone give the OP crap and then have him shove the receipt scan in their faces.

[quote name='Estebon']How did you pull this off with a picture of a receipt?[/QUOTE]

Couple people asked this question. Since the game was in the cage, I went straight to customer service and asked them their price for the 360 LE BlazBlue. It was still selling for $59.99.

I mentioned I had a friend who picked it up on clearance, marked down because the standard edition was coming out soon. The LE edition is designated in their system as "dead", so it was believable that it could be on clearance. I asked if they could match it at $29.99 and told them I had a pic of the receipt, but on the receipt, the cashier accidentally rang it up at $9.99 rather than $29.99. The cashier and the manager at this BB looked at it, noticed it was purchased from a different territory (I'm in CO) but still decided they'd honor a "price match" at $29.99.

I didn't get greedy and try for $9.99, they didn't seem to care that the receipt was for a PS3 version and I was buying a 360 version, and at the end of the day, probably just got the right people on the right day. But, because it is being "replaced" in inventory by the standard edition, it passed their sniff test and there you go.

I tried Sears, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy and no one would price match the receipt. Not for $30, not for $10. The LE is still ringing up here as $60 so no one would touch it.

[quote name='xOPtimUsZErOx']i went and best buy didnt even had any more ps3 versions left they had 360 versions but they wouldn't even drop the price after what i told them[/QUOTE]

2308391014_1c14412e56.jpg

Tried to get this done at 2 bestbuys and nothing.

For those close to Bestbuy where that guy got it for $9.99. Can't you buy it at one store, and then return/rebuy at the store he got it 50% off from?

[quote name='Estebon']Tried to get this done at 2 bestbuys and nothing.

For those close to Bestbuy where that guy got it for $9.99. Can't you buy it at one store, and then return/rebuy at the store he got it 50% off from?[/QUOTE]

No, because this is not even a YMMV deal, it's a series of mistakes that worked out in this one specific dude's favor. The game probably shouldn't have been clearanced stickered, but even if that wasn't a mistake, it should have been 50% off of $60. The cashier mistakenly entered it as $50 off which is how he got it for $10. You will absolutely not be able to match this price. I really wish everyone would just let this thread die.

bread's done
Back