Blockbuster R.I.P.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']when i went ... Sunday i saw Bodycount and Crisys 2 and other on sale .. but i ended up picking up a HORRIBLE Game Damnation for $13.79 total. only got it to finish off the trophies. the only place to rent games from here on out is Sackville Rogers Video. after that .. nothing and i only got one free game out their too use up and that's it.

yes yes i know the game is really horrible but i wasn't thinking clearly when i bought it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right Damnation is quite bad... I picked it up for $0.96 cents from the source and even that was too much.

Website updated
http://www.blockbuster.ca/

50-70% off everything, doesn't give a breakdown.
30 minutes till Queensway opens, heading out now.
Don't have my phone so call them when they open at 10am to confirm what they have at 50%.
I'll post when I come back.

You guys are LUCKY
thread-wink-16.png

Found my phone in the backseat of my car(too drunk the other night), forgot it was there. Battery is almost dead.
STORE IS OPEN AT 10AM. Still travelling to the store, just called them.
BREAKDOWN IS

50% off dvds/games/accessories
70% off candy, etc....

STORE CLOSING ON SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25 2011

Sorry about the double posting

[quote name='Rastafari']Yeah you're right Damnation is quite bad... I picked it up for $0.96 cents from the source and even that was too much.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is. i knew what i was getting into as i had rented it before during a gamerpass i had at a older BBV, but i figure if i rent it for trophies i have to travel far out. and i would have LOVED to pay 96 Cents to my $13.79 so i bought it.

So if i was to rent games new and or old ( old as in older PS3 titles like ... Ferrari Challenge and Cross Edge X or Disgaia 3 * probably spelled wrong * ) then i may give it a whirl in the future. but i don't wanna end up receiving games broken in mail and have me accused and me pay for it and the like

UPDATE!

It was busy at every store in TORONTO today.
Queensway was hoarder central as many people were buying 3-5 games each
thread-laughing-16.png

Had lunch with a few RFD lurkers(not at PIZZA PIZZA) who guessed I was DVDSWAPPER
thread-razz-16.png
so made a few friends today.

Finch/Yonge had lots of used dvds left and a bunch of newer stuff. Around 40 360 games but WII/PS3 titles very low. Not that many NEW releases left(about 7) this was at 1:30pm.

Kipling and DUNDAS is almost bare. Not many ps3 or WII games. They have TOY STORY 3 T-SHIRTS for $19.99-70% off .A few 360 games about 30 of them at 2:15pm.

Queensway this morning was packed. Went back to drop off one of my new friends and there was not much left at 3:25pm. Still had some new releases like bodycount, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Green lantern, The fighter, MX vs. ATV Alive, hunted, knights contract. The same amount of games for all systems 15-20. Not many used blurays left. Lots of new unpackaged stuff left.

Liberty had LOTS of used blurays left(4 walls full) and tons of new unopened stuff. PS3/WII titles about 25 each but 40 games for 360. Mostly older titles, but had the same new releases as above left there too. They had the most tv sets single discs. This was at 3:56pm.

People bought like crazy today and there won't be much left by FRIDAY which some people think might be 70% off everything.

does anyone know the list of the stores that are closing (HAMILTON/BURLINGTON/OAKVILLE) this Sunday SEPT 25

I snagged the following for 360 from Fredericton north for a little over $80
dungeon siege 3 (new)
bulletstorm
splatterhouse
knights contract

Is there a rhyme or reason to when the stores are dropping to better discounts? There's a blu-ray Kubrick collection I have my eye on, but it's $120 normally so I don't want to bite for less than 50% off

[quote name='Opopanax']Is there a rhyme or reason to when the stores are dropping to better discounts? There's a blu-ray Kubrick collection I have my eye on, but it's $120 normally so I don't want to bite for less than 50% off[/QUOTE]

It should be 50% off on movies at all stores across the country right now.

There may be rhyme or reason to further discounts, but they're hard to predict.

Just got A History of Violence Steelbook Blu-Ray for $8, which isn't too shabby. Haven't seen it before, but I figure if Viggo's in it and Cronenberg made it, it's worth a watch.

There are some other more expensive ones I might pick up if it goes down to 70%.

Still only 50% off at my store today, but I was quite suprised at how many good finds were still left. I snagged Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Crysis 2, Killzone 3, and Blur (granted Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 are stickered higher at BBV than elsewhere so they weren't quite as killer of deals) all but KZ3 pre-played - still several copies of Crysis 2 left but those were the lasts of the others, and Enter the Dragon on BluRay. Still a lot of other stuff on the shelves that I already have (LBP 2, Infamous 2, Dead Space 2) and other stuff that I was either not personally interested in or might take a chance on if it's still around at 70% off (Fear 3 -they had 3 new shrink wrapped 360 copies of this-, Gran Turismo 5, Fight Night Champion, Earth Defence Force, WKC2, DNF, Shift 2, De Blob 2) and some other appealling games that don't have their original boxes and are in those generic Blockbuster cases instead (Dragon Age 2, Dead Rising 2, Just Cause 2, Mortal Kombat, MvC3) if you don't mind those. Overall more 360 titles than PS3 titles though.

Blu-Ray section had a good amount of stuff but most of it that I looked at was stickered too high to be any better than an "okay" deal. Very little in the way of BluRay or DVD box sets, but they did still have one Band of Brothers DVD boxset, and some Glee seasons. Mountains of previously viewed DVDs but didn't look through them enough to say whether there's any quality finds in them.

This is the store in Saskatoon on Confederation Drive. My brother went to the store on Ludlow Street (also in Saskatoon) today, though, and said it was very slim pickens, he left completely empty-handed.

I just visited two Blockbusters and picked up 12 Blu-rays, 1 PS3 game (Red Faction) and 2 DVDs.

In the end I spent $100 for everything total. It works out to about $8 a piece. Pretty good deal for everything I got. Although I basically bought stuff I wouldn't of bought if it wasn't on sale. haha. Ahh the wonders of clearance sales.

picked up everything i thought would be gone at 70% when it was 40% off and went back today and eveything but 1 thing was gone in the stores i go to so glad i bought at 40% off and picked up 40 more blurays and 10 more games today thanks to this sale i should have my next 6 months to a year in entertainment. Might pick up more but dont really need more didnt really need what i got in the first place but at $3 a blu-ray hard to pass up when you havent seen it yet anyway.

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']Sooo just to clarify: is today the last day they are open, or was it yesterday?[/QUOTE]

Today for some stores, the 30th for others. There's a list on the site. Check a few posts back for a link.

went to my local blockbuster. It was a barren wasteland. There were maybe 20 videogames in total and they were all outdated sports games, waggle games or rhythm games.

Upper Gage and Fennel in Hamilton had some good stuff still on Saturday. Dunno if it's still there but they had like, 4 copies of Shadows of the Damned.

Man I really really wish I went there and hid good things in the store so I could come back and get them at this deal.

I got the last 2 ps3 games here in Calgary, Bakugan and Band Hero. Also got the last Blu-ray and a handful of DVD's. Not bad for a buck each, but the store is definitely wiped out!

R.I.P Blockbuster

now i have to go 20 mins ish out if i wanna rent a game AND that's at rogers and my rewardz members points expired ... which i was told they never expired so i will never rent through Rogers again.

My understanding is the accounts have to be renewed every year and the point on them can expire after six months of inactivity but, in practice, they don't ever remove them even after your account expires. That said, kudos for not wanting to be a Rogers customer.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']R.I.P Blockbuster

now i have to go 20 mins ish out if i wanna rent a game AND that's at rogers and my rewardz members points expired ... which i was told they never expired so i will never rent through Rogers again.[/QUOTE]
I go by a Blockbuster every day when I come home from work. It's kind of sad to see it all chained closed.

bread's done
Back