Blockbuster R.I.P.

Ok burnaby location has no new xbox games left. Lots of rental copies but not really Any new releases. They did have one 360 system left.

[quote name='catalyst777']I checked out some stores in Edmonton including Millwoods, Riverbend and Heritage. They are for the most part picked clean as far as games go.[/QUOTE]

I was at Riverbend Square location on Tuesday, all new recent release are behind the counter you gotta ask for them. I remember they had NHL 12, Deus Ex, Warhammer 40k, and controllers.

My brother went to some Blockbuster in Toronto (don't know which one) and he picked up NHL12 (xbox + PS3) and Deadspace 2 Used (for me). He also saw Fear 3 and Green Lantern:Rise of Manhunters, Duke Nukem Forever (all PS3) there but all were a bit out of my price range.

There was still a bunch of games of the Blockbuster at Lacewood as of 2-3 hours ago, people were going in and out pretty quick so the sooner you get down there the better.

[quote name='fokkerfan']Lots of NHL 12 copies left at the Beddington locatrion in Calgary, for both systems. 40% off![/QUOTE]

Just went there 40 minutes ago and there are still a lot of new copies of NHL 11 for 360 and PS3. Got one myself for $36.

There were a fair few games at the Blockbuster on Lacewood (Halifax) when I was just there 10 minutes ago. LittleBigPlanet 2 for $29.99 new (not a hot deal, but a competitive price at least), some Nintendo-published games that don't normally go on sale elsewhere (got Mario Sports Mix for $25). Alas, no SSFIV Arcade Edition, which is one I really wanted.

White Knight chronicles 2 is out for sale.
Lots of NHL 12 around.

Check out the crazy pricing at blockbuster.
$69.99 for nhl 11............still.:(

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Engines fully stopped. all the good stuff is already gone. Good luck paying 40% off on crappy games you dont really want but buy anyway to justify the hunt.[/QUOTE]
I got a Dualshock 3, Brutal Legend, Infamous 2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Mafia 2. Yup, totally didn't want any of that. :roll:

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']There were a fair few games at the Blockbuster on Lacewood (Halifax) when I was just there 10 minutes ago. LittleBigPlanet 2 for $29.99 new (not a hot deal, but a competitive price at least), some Nintendo-published games that don't normally go on sale elsewhere (got Mario Sports Mix for $25). Alas, no SSFIV Arcade Edition, which is one I really wanted.[/QUOTE]

I wanna get out their. i really do. but tho it's a 10 min drive from me .. the bus's and walk is more killer and didn't feel up too it. ugh. hows the movies in the store ? still a good amount ?

Depends. They still have a ton of new blu-rays, because even at 40% off, their original retail prices are like $35-40.

I was hoping to pick up a few Studio Ghibli films on Bluray to upgrade my DVD's with. Maybe if they're still around at the next price drop (if there is one?)

I got 2 out of the 3 items I'm looking for. Got Deus Ex Human Revolution and Dead Island for $32 each (+ tax). The only one I couldn't find was Catherine. Was anyone able to find it in their Blockbuster stores? Instead, I grabbed Spiderman Shattered Dimensions (big Spidey fan here :lol:) for $20.

I also think there won't be any left at 70%. Today, the games and the new DVD's / Blu-Rays are finally starting to fly off the shelves.

Still lots of newer titles at the Regent, Henderson, and Leila locations in Winnipeg. NHL 12 (new) and Resistance 3 (used) still available. Some move controllers too. Passed on the move controller. I think that'll sell for 50% off again in the states on Black Friday, so I'll get it then. Passed on Resistance 3 due to the online pass.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I wanna get out their. i really do. but tho it's a 10 min drive from me .. the bus's and walk is more killer and didn't feel up too it. ugh. hows the movies in the store ? still a good amount ?[/QUOTE]

A decent amount of movies, especially if you were looking for DVDs. I stopped at the Sobeys on the drove and noticed a large group of people in there, it looked like most were at the game wall at the back but who knows what was actually purchased.

[quote name='dancrane212']A decent amount of movies, especially if you were looking for DVDs. I stopped at the Sobeys on the drove and noticed a large group of people in there, it looked like most were at the game wall at the back but who knows what was actually purchased.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there was a decent selection of movies, including Blu-Rays, but it really depends what you're interested in. There were some pretty good ones, but a lot of overpriced ones. They had a few copies of that Godfather set for $99, which is $60 with the 40% off. Not too bad.

I forgot about inFamous 2. I noticed a couple copies of that in there, so I may try to go back tomorrow and pick it up. I think it'll only be $35 after the discount, though, which isn't super-fantastique...

[quote name='retro.elite']Does anyone know if BBV will get Star Wars Complete Saga?[/QUOTE]

They don't have it.
I noticed some people trading in two games like LA NOIRE/Donkey KONG for the saga at Future Shop, straight trade. That's what people are claiming over in RFD. I haven't tried it yet but I might this weekend.

North Van still has good stuff.

Picked up (-40% on all prices);

Socom: Confrontation (For the Wireless Mic) for $29.99

Modern Warfare 2: $39.99

Kinectimals: $29.99

Shadows of the Damned: $59.99 (I realized I picked up a new copy when I got and was scared I paid full price, but I got lucky and she gave me a discount anyway)

Duke Nukem Forever: $39.99

Lost Planet 2: $19.99

[quote name='dvdswapper']They don't have it.
I noticed some people trading in two games like LA NOIRE/Donkey KONG for the saga at Future Shop, straight trade. That's what people are claiming over in RFD. I haven't tried it yet but I might this weekend.[/QUOTE]

The correct answer is:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Lukeweizer']The correct answer is:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

?
No for what?

[quote name='SamuraiSmurfette']Depends. They still have a ton of new blu-rays, because even at 40% off, their original retail prices are like $35-40.

I was hoping to pick up a few Studio Ghibli films on Bluray to upgrade my DVD's with. Maybe if they're still around at the next price drop (if there is one?)[/QUOTE]

Sadly, there are only two Ghibli films that have been released on Blu-ray in North America (Ponyo and Nausicaa). All the same, best of luck finding them! :)

[quote name='Derfel']Sadly, there are only two Ghibli films that have been released on Blu-ray in North America (Ponyo and Nausicaa). All the same, best of luck finding them! :)[/QUOTE]
I was able to find Nausicaa on Blu-ray. Original sticker price was $32.99.

[quote name='Aquablak']I was able to find Nausicaa on Blu-ray. Original sticker price was $32.99.[/QUOTE]

I was able to find Nausicaa on Blur-ray new during the last sale, 32.99 - 30%. Did not buy it. Found Ponyo 2 weeks ago on DVD for 8$.

[quote name='dancrane212']A decent amount of movies, especially if you were looking for DVDs. I stopped at the Sobeys on the drove and noticed a large group of people in there, it looked like most were at the game wall at the back but who knows what was actually purchased.[/QUOTE]

ah ok thanks. yea i was just thinking Blu-ray more then anything. i was thinking it would be cool too have Ironman on blu-ray but i guess i can see what they got for games after i imagine it was picked pretty clean yesterday

I went again today. They had no Dead Island, no NHL 12. I got what appeared to be the last copy of inFamous 2.

They did have one copy of Deux Ex: Human Revolution on PS3. Probably $32.99 after discount.

There were a lot of copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on X360 for $34.99 (that would be $20 after discount).

They had one DSi XL in box behind glass for $190 (LOL!).

Got marvel vs capcom 3 and final fantasy IV collection along with 2 gobstopper packs. Gonna use MVC as trade bait. I played it and it's good but not my favourite type of game. Probably going to use that and BFCB2 ultimate edition towards BF3, which would mean I get BF3 for basically $10.

FFIV looks good and Imma play it soon. Came with all the codes and cards too!

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']They had one DSi XL in box behind glass for $190 (LOL!).[/QUOTE]

Still there? Wow.

I was surprised that the Wii points cards worked with the 40% off (as was the cashier).

My brother and I were at the South Keys BBV (Ottawa) and picked up the last two copies of WKC2 (~$40 each after discount). Personally wasn't looking for much else, but noticed they didn't have Catherine, DE:HR, Dead Island, or NHL 12 for PS3/X360. They did have a copy of Epic Mickey (Wii) -- one Regular Edition and one Collector's Edition -- which would have come out to ~$20 RE or ~$35 CE after discount. An all right selection of movies remaining, but, as is often the case, nothing I felt the need to own.

Can't say the same about the Bank Street BBV. Whole store was pretty bare. They had two Epic Mickey CEs and one RE.

Wal-Mart (South Keys) did have 13 Assassins (Blu-ray) for ~$25 after tax. Picked up a copy. Only one left earlier this afternoaon. Awesome samurai movie if that kind of thing interests you.

[quote name='dancrane212']I was surprised that the Wii points cards worked with the 40% off (as was the cashier).[/QUOTE]

Anyone by any chance know if you'd get 40% off PSN cards? Didn't even see any of them in the stores, so maybe they just returned them all or something.

[quote name='dancrane212']Still there? Wow.[/QUOTE]

When I saw it I considered getting it, but then I saw the price. More expensive than a 3DS! Even at 40% off that would come to $131 after tax. Too much.

Wii points cards, I never even thought to look for those. I'm sure they're all long gone, though.

When I asked about Dead Island, she said that none had "come back" today, meaning that some copies of newer games must be out on rental. It would be a clever trick for those people to just keep them rented until the 70% discounts kick in, then bring them in and buy them right away. Still, for the rest of us, it could be worth checking in every couple of days to see if a gem gets returned to the shelves.

EDIT: Reminded by the above post, there are still at least two Epic Mickey CEs at Lacewood as of today.

[quote name='Jamaal23']Anyone by any chance know if you'd get 40% off PSN cards? Didn't even see any of them in the stores, so maybe they just returned them all or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only "points" card that didn't get shipped away were the Wii/Nintendo points cards.

Did a Windsor city sweep...

(All PS3)
Dragon's Age 2
Modnation Racers
Brink
Killzone 3
Lucha Libre Heroes of Wrestling (I'm a sucker for wrestling games)
Dead Island
Call of Duty Black Ops

all for $140

good haul?

and one location had NHL 12, only for 360 tho, so that could have been a potential $40 added
I also noticed prices were different at every location. My Dragon's Age 2 was $29.99, and at another location it was $54.99
and the blu-ray's original prices were ABSURDLY overpriced

[quote name='daisil']Then I'd say there's a good chance that this Friday would be the final price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess that, too. There was still a lot of stock at my Blockbuster last night. (Nothing good, but they'll have to move it anyway.)

I was at the one across from Pickering Town Centre this weekend, picked up a PS3 copy of Shadows of the Damned, but there's still a 360 copy there as of then if someone is looking for a Suda 51 Trip.

Looks like most of the Ottawa locations are closed down, or picked clean.

I was at the Bank north location Saturday, basically no games left.
South Keys has a bunch of 360 stuff, not much left in PS3 unless you really need a copy of Singularity.
The St. Laurent location is picked clean.
Rideau st location is closed.
As is the Prince of Wales location.
The Carling location said they basically have nothing left for PS3, but I didn't go to confirm.

Managed to pick up Infamous 2, Splatterhouse and Overlord 2 this weekend.

You can find Majin and the Foresaken Kingdom PS3 for 14.99$ new as clearance currently at Toysrus. I asked my wife to go get one for me this morning. They had 2 copies at my local store.

[quote name='king_bronx']
Rideau st location is closed.
As is the Prince of Wales location.
[/QUOTE]

They both closed during the previous round.

[quote name='mabba18']They both closed during the previous round.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware. I've only been in the city for a few months.

YMMV. I was at my neighborhood BBV earlier they had 50% signs up, but they had little that interested me so tried another BBV which still at 40%.

when i went ... Sunday i saw Bodycount and Crisys 2 and other on sale .. but i ended up picking up a HORRIBLE Game Damnation for $13.79 total. only got it to finish off the trophies. the only place to rent games from here on out is Sackville Rogers Video. after that .. nothing and i only got one free game out their too use up and that's it.

yes yes i know the game is really horrible but i wasn't thinking clearly when i bought it.

Yonge and Finch location is now at 50% off movies/games, 70% off candy.
Store closing on SUNDAY. Any store closing this weekend should be at 50% off now, so call your store.

[quote name='Derfel']Sadly, there are only two Ghibli films that have been released on Blu-ray in North America (Ponyo and Nausicaa). All the same, best of luck finding them! :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, there's Tales From Earthsea as well.

[quote name='dvdswapper']Yonge and Finch location is now at 50% off movies/games, 70% off candy.
Store closing on SUNDAY. Any store closing this weekend should be at 50% off now, so call your store.[/QUOTE]

See anything worth making the trip for though?

[quote name='SamuraiSmurfette']Actually, there's Tales From Earthsea as well.[/QUOTE]

Wat? The Tales from Earthsea Blu-ray doesn't even come out in Japan until November 16th. It'll be a looooong time before it ever comes here...

[quote name='JGonspy']See anything worth making the trip for though?[/QUOTE]
Games are getting scarce. You might want to go check it out before it closes on SUNDAY.

JACKSORBETTA(from RFD) thinks everything will be 50-70% off today(WEDNESDAY) but don't know the break down yet.
It might be 50% games, 70% off everything else.........DON'T KNOW FOR SURE. I lost my phone so updates will be late coming, if someone can help out and post what they find I would appreciate it.:applause:
I will post when I am back home.

bread's done
Back