Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

So was there any news about the lvl cap increase?

Edit- ok I found out about it on kotaku. It'll be increased to 61 on April 2nd. Also there will be another new game+ mode called ultimate vault hunter mode.

[quote name='GhostShark']Krieg looks awesome. I might actually play the game with a character other than Maya now.[/QUOTE]

He really does look awesome... Much better looking than I thought he would look based upon the teaser... I just wonder if he'll play as well as he looks. :D

Edit: Ten bucks is bit much if you ask me... At least they could make it free for anyone who bought Alien Colonial Marines.

Nice little bit of extra value for season pass holders on the level cap DLC! Not bad.

Krieg has a very cool look but I'm not sure if his playstyle suits me. I may just wait for a sale.

Charging $5 for a level increase is the definition of greedy. I own the season pass so it does not matter to me but that is some greedy shit there.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Charging $5 for a level increase is the definition of greedy. I own the season pass so it does not matter to me but that is some greedy shit there.[/QUOTE]
well, the only competent/ successful games gearbox ever made was borderlands series, so they are going to milk it for what is worth. Especially with the other subpar products they made like alien colonial marines, and duke nukem.

Not finding many details about UVHM yet, other than it's a 3rd playthrough that you must be at lvl 50 to start (and it's free).

Wonder if it will be of any use to those of us that won't be shelling out $5 for the cap increase/pearls? Is this simply for the people that have finished TVHM already, hit the cap, and will be upping to 61?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']well, the only competent/ successful games gearbox ever made was borderlands series, so they are going to milk it for what is worth. Especially with the other subpar products they made like alien colonial marines, and duke nukem.[/QUOTE]

If you want to be technical, Gearbox didn't really make Aliens or Duke Nukem.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not worth $100. Half of it is digital content.[/QUOTE]
i was trying to imply more greed from them. It is worth $30 at most to me

[quote name='YBX87']i was trying to imply more greed from them. It is worth $30 at most to me[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did not think you were saying it was a good deal. :)

Still irritated I missed out on the ULCE, but there's no way I'm spending $100 on that. No game, no steelbook, a bunch of digital content and the box? No thanks.

I really love Borderlands, but it seems like everything Randy Pitchford and Gearbox does lately just rubs me the wrong way.

[quote name='blindinglights']I really love Borderlands, but it seems like everything Randy Pitchford and Gearbox does lately just rubs me the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

This may be the most disappointing thing. Leading up to Borderlands 2, Gearbox and Pitchford were high on my list of respected developers. It seems the last 6 months they just continue to do things that erode that respect away.

Pitchford has become sort of a jerk who would rather ignore or belittle people with valid criticisms of both their development and business practices. He could take some lessons from Ken Levine on how to be a little more humble and self-deprecating regarding his work.

I also used to like pitchford. He came off as a really good guy. Like c-man said though, in the last 6 months his arrogance & the way he belittles fans has gotten out of control.

LOL @ paying for a level cap raise. Right up there with charging for weapon skins. Since I got my Season Pass free due to the wonderful posters on this site said news barely affects me. If I hadn't though there's no way in hell I'd spend one red cent supporting such utter bullshit.

If the next DLC doesn't justify me taking a second glance at this in my library then I'm definitely selling my copy.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Pitchford has become sort of a jerk who would rather ignore or belittle people with valid criticisms of both their development and business practices. He could take some lessons from Ken Levine on how to be a little more humble and self-deprecating regarding his work.[/QUOTE]

It's a trend all the rage with the most popular developers today going on strong for at least four years now. Hypersensitivity to any and all fan based criticism regardless of the facts behind it. Deflect, Insult, Ignore. If more fans spoke with their wallets about how they were treated as consumers rather than obsessing over what they were going to play next men in Pitchford's position would bother to screen themselves.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']3 Golden Keys:

PC/Mac: W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9
360: K3KJT-6HRT5-BHRTT-3BBTJ-RBWJ9
PS3: 5JKBJ-H5WCF-KWST6-K6BJB-FZ9BJ[/QUOTE]

Well call me naive but when the level increase goes live, nothing in that chest will be of value? It's kind of a joke that as of now it only goes up to purple items.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOL @ paying for a level cap raise. Right up there with charging for weapon skins. Since I got my Season Pass free due to the wonderful posters on this site said news barely affects me. If I hadn't though there's no way in hell I'd spend one red cent supporting such utter bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Why is it bullshit? They gave you a full game when you purchased it. It's not like back then, you would just randomly get a free extra boss in Megaman 2 after 6 months. It's also not like you don't finish up the main campaign without buying it.

DLC can be sleezy, and milking money, but I don't see a problem with this one, even if it is milking it a little.

Plus BL DLC always goes on sale. People can wait for the inevitable 50% off sale. On top of that, this is CAG, so you didn't pay full retail on points anyway. Combine those two things and you're looking at a $1 or so purchase. Hardly worth bitching about.

Lastly, from another perspective, that $5 (or $1) purchase is going to add 20+ hours of gaming. Sounds like a deal to me.

Moot for me though since I have the season pass. :)

[quote name='GhostShark']If you want to be technical, Gearbox didn't really make Aliens or Duke Nukem.[/QUOTE]

That and the Band of Brother series was top notch on last gen... (and its one release this gen wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.)

Edit: What the hell am I thinking... I meant Brothers in Arms.

[quote name='elessar123']They're not worthless. I run out of shots all the time, even without the Evil Smasher.

Machine gun sniper rifles are nice though.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well you sir need a high level Gunzerker. ;)

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/comm...orderlands-2-level-increase-and-other-changes

Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!

As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)

Adds new items to the Black Market:
One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack

(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June.

A few details on upcoming changes:
http://gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1022/borderlands-2-level-increase-and-other-changes

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
  • Adds new items to the Black Market:
    • One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
    • Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
    • Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
  • Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
  • Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
  • Various bug fixes.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
  • Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
  • Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
  • Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

edit-
I was too slow :lol:

I hope the ammo upgrade is significant. I use plasma casters a lot and basically run around with half the amount of the max allowed.

That and more:
Gearbox also delved into the specifics of Ultimate Vault Hunter mode in a separate post:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
No more tutorial missions—characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the “Cleaning Up the Berg” mission.
While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player’s current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
Gameplay changes in UVHM:
Enemy health generally increased 4x.
Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
Loot Midgets are now “Legendary Loot Midgets” that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.
Both the free patch and the DLC releases on April 2. The next DLC hits one month later, when that scary Krieg guy will jump down from his hiding spot and rip everyone’s arms off.

I like it! No longer need to save TVHM side-missions in order to reap level-appropriate gear in PT2.5.

For those of us wanting an entire (guaranteed) on-level playthrough, it seems this is the answer.

I'm guessing everything will scale to 61 after beating UVHM. Sounds like it'll be easier to save missions again than play through it twice.

I finally got around to starting this a few days ago after picking it up at Black Friday. I'm probably 6-7 hours or so in and liking it, though I'm glad I only paid $20 for it instead of $60.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']3 Golden Keys:

PC/Mac: W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9
360: K3KJT-6HRT5-BHRTT-3BBTJ-RBWJ9
PS3: 5JKBJ-H5WCF-KWST6-K6BJB-FZ9BJ[/QUOTE]

FYI, these are still working as well. Just redeemed them tonight.

Thanks everyone who posts these.

bread's done
Back