Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']I'd like this but not willing to drop $150 on it. Besides, the wife would kill me and hide me in the loot chest.[/QUOTE]
You should play borderlands with your wife, it's ours favorite co-op game. LBP 1&2 and Hunted comes in 2nd and 3rd.

[quote name='TooPoor']You should play borderlands with your wife, it's ours favorite co-op game. LBP 1&2 and Hunted comes in 2nd and 3rd.[/QUOTE]

She didn't care for it. We used to play Left 4 Dead a lot as well as Rainbow Six Vegas, but since we've had our son she isn't much for gaming anymore (aside from the sporadic Kinect experience).

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The underdome was so repetitive... and the long rounds take an 1-2 hours each to beat... depending on your level, playing solo or multiplayer etc.... It's like horde mode in Gears, but boring as hell.[/QUOTE]

Hell those 20-round rooms took me like 4-5 hours to beat. I liked playing it after I max-leveled my character because it was actually a challenge when nothing else in the game was anymore.

On a related note, I still say General Knoxx is the best DLC of any game I've played this generation.

[quote name='HydroX']I'd like this but not willing to drop $150 on it. Besides, the wife would kill me and hide me in the loot chest.[/QUOTE]

well, not all of you would fit in the loot chest... just one very important part of you perhaps.

On for two, one for each console. If one gets cancelled I will still have one. If I get both? One will help pay for the other

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Anyone know if these go through, would these or buy.com orders include the pre-order bonuses such as the Mecromancer and the golden chest key?[/QUOTE]

why not? they arent even supposed to get the game so why not add the bonuses that went along with them

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hell those 20-round rooms took me like 4-5 hours to beat. I liked playing it after I max-leveled my character because it was actually a challenge when nothing else in the game was anymore.

On a related note, I still say General Knoxx is the best DLC of any game I've played this generation.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it did take that long, I honestly don't remember I know it was at least 2 hours for me and my buddy for one 20 round stage. Was awhile ago though, and I never want to play them again!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Maybe it did take that long, I honestly don't remember I know it was at least 2 hours for me and my buddy for one 20 round stage. Was awhile ago though, and I never want to play them again![/QUOTE]
I only got through a couple. My buddy and I suffered through a few of them and were underwhelmed. What made it worse was that if you both went down you were forced to start over what could have been an hour's worth of gameplay. I preferred the other dlc much better and hope if they do an arena style dlc again that it's more checkpoints and more variety. (and add loot drop on kills... I need my instant gratification!)

Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342470567&sr=8-4

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the German tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 14 Euros for shipping. So 123 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more as the US version!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Maybe it did take that long, I honestly don't remember I know it was at least 2 hours for me and my buddy for one 20 round stage. Was awhile ago though, and I never want to play them again![/QUOTE]

Probably took me longer because I went through them myself.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342470567&sr=8-4

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the German tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 14 Euros for shipping. So 123 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more as the US version![/QUOTE]

Man the value of the Euro must've tanked. I remember it being much closet to 2:1 on the dollar.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Man the value of the Euro must've tanked. I remember it being much closet to 2:1 on the dollar.[/QUOTE]
That was in 2008, being around 0.6. Since Mid 2011 it has been on the steady rise. So might be a good option to order from amazon.de

[quote name='merchie89']but isn't it nice to see a actual collector's edition? These were up for idk 5 days or something like that when everyone was on this site and probably saw a topic on it.

a ME 1 size release or a bioshock 2 size release? which would you choose?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'd probably rather see a bioshock 2 size release. I buy CEs for the enjoyment of the game and CE bonuses, and not for the rarity or resale value.

I didn't preorder this at first because the price is a bit too steep. It would be a shame if it stayed so rare I never got it, but I guess that's the way it is sometimes.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Man the value of the Euro must've tanked. I remember it being much closet to 2:1 on the dollar.[/QUOTE]

I don't ever remember the Euro being 2:1, the GBP has been. The Euro a few years ago was $1.60 to $1.00 US. Now it's only $1.22 to $1.00, which is good if you want to import the German edition.

[quote name='merchie89']They removed listings, different than OOS[/QUOTE]
That's how they handled some of the preorders in past. I heard that frys were one of the last ones to get these allocated.
So quite a few of these orders( if not all) should come through.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']That's how they handled some of the preorders in past. I heard that frys were one of the last ones to get these allocated.
So quite a few of these orders( if not all) should come through.[/QUOTE]

As many say on here, Link or it didnt happen.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hell those 20-round rooms took me like 4-5 hours to beat. I liked playing it after I max-leveled my character because it was actually a challenge when nothing else in the game was anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Moxxie is 3 hours minimum on the larger challenges.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']
On a related note, I still say General Knoxx is the best DLC of any game I've played this generation.[/QUOTE]

If Knoxx had fast travel then I'd agree with you 100%, but since you had to do so much damn driving to get anywhere, I'd have to give the #1 DLC trophy to Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2.

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah, Moxxie is 3 hours minimum on the larger challenges.

If Knoxx had fast travel then I'd agree with you 100%, but since you had to do so much damn driving to get anywhere, I'd have to give the #1 DLC trophy to Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]
Underrated game and vastly underrated DLC, Minerva's Den that is.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the German tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 14 Euros for shipping. So 123 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more as the US version![/QUOTE]

Thank you i placed an order on that one, but know that i think about it, does this game comes in english or the package comes in other language , can you please comment on this.

[quote name='joshxx']Thank you i placed an order on that one, but know that i think about it, does this game comes in english or the package comes in other language , can you please comment on this.[/QUOTE]
My question is can I use it on either the PS3 or Xbox. Not sure if there is any sort of region locking like some movie disks.

Edit: Xbox and pc versions gone. I grabbed a ps3 version....all else fails i can still cancel.

I have been watching this thread. I placed an order for a ps3 version on frys.com. My order was never cancelled so maybe it will come through!

[quote name='Trogdor469']My question is can I use it on either the PS3 or Xbox. Not sure if there is any sort of region locking like some movie disks.

Edit: Xbox and pc versions gone. I grabbed a ps3 version....all else fails i can still cancel.[/QUOTE]

The thing im afraid i ordered and cancelled because the language was German so if i get confirmation about english , i will reorder again

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Oh yeah and for those who don't want Fry's and want even another option, Play Asia has the Asian Version (PS3) for preorder and will have the US versions of the PC, 360 and PS3 versions soon for pre-order. Play-Asia has been really good about pre-orders in the past, but shipping is going to be EXPENSIVE!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html[/QUOTE]

Playasia is charging a $30 premium plus shipping. $189.99)

[quote name='randomdud']Can I use my normal amazon account to buy from Germany? Also, why did they have to sell out of the PC version so fast? D:[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

Ummm, checked my Frys.com order, says backordered. Don't know if all preorders say this, or not. Wasn't expecting much from Frys, but I don't know how they work their orders.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Ummm, checked my Frys.com order, says backordered. Don't know if all preorders say this, or not. Wasn't expecting much from Frys, but I don't know how they work their orders.[/QUOTE]

Just checked mine and has a status of Partial Backordered. Clicking on the order it says Backordered.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Just checked mine and has a status of Partial Backordered. Clicking on the order it says Backordered.[/QUOTE]

Same for mine, and I ordered it right as it went up.

[quote name='Trogdor469']My question is can I use it on either the PS3 or Xbox. Not sure if there is any sort of region locking like some movie disks.

Edit: Xbox and pc versions gone. I grabbed a ps3 version....all else fails i can still cancel.[/QUOTE]

all versions gone now on amazon.

[quote name='xeroblade']i would totally jump on the german version i just dont know if it will be all in english you know?[/QUOTE]

same boat im in. I preordered one, but dont know if it will be in english or region restricted

Got an email from Frys this morning

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) are in stock.

Wonder if it's just because they can't ship right now? Anyone know how Frys does pre-orders, or if they ever do pre-orders?

Seems like an automated, "oh crap, no stock to ship now" kind of email.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Got an email from Frys this morning

Wonder if it's just because they can't ship right now? Anyone know how Frys does pre-orders, or if they ever do pre-orders?

Seems like an automated, "oh crap, no stock to ship now" kind of email.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about Fry's but my order at JR.com is this way. I continually get backorder emails but it explains that that is normal and it's just because it's a pre order.

[quote name='randomdud']Found a few extra cheaper/reasonable copies of the Ultimate edition on eBay through international sellers (the shipping wil have to be recalculated and it says so in most of the descriptions). A couple PS3 and one for 360. Enjoy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borderlands...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item35be32f6b6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borderlands-2-Vault-Hunters-Edition-PS3-bonus-Creature-Slaughter-Dome-/330754052540?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D696407518250959018%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borderlands...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item416821340f[/QUOTE]

Those are links to the Deluxe edition, not the Ultimate edition.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Those are links to the Deluxe edition, not the Ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]

Oh, oops. I mistook the pictures for that version. Bah, deleting.

Can you delete your quote? Don't want to get anyone's hope up.

[quote name='randomdud']Oh, oops. I mistook the pictures for that version. Bah, deleting.

Can you delete your quote? Don't want to get anyone's hope up.[/QUOTE]

Done.

[quote name='BlurredReality']Fry's isn't going to be receiving any:http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=138083[/QUOTE]

so... what exactly was your point.
that they are not in the list of retailers or this post by x-javen-x -

Just an FYI to anyone that ordered a ULCE from FRY'S over the last few days. I ordered one just as a "fingers crossed" kinda thing, being about 99% sure that at some point my order will be canceled. I also emailed their customer service about it to see what they would say, and here is the response I got. There is a glimmer of hope, but I'd say I"m still about 98% (down from my 99%) sure that it will be canceled, but anyway, here is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Frys.com.

We apologize for any confusion. We have confirmed with the Software department that we will be obtaining and sending out the game some time around September 18th. We have taken a good number of orders and do plan on selling the game. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Stephanie B.
Customer Service Associate

I ordered this yesterday, and today I can not even locate the item on their site. I don't know if this means they have filled their quota of orders or if they have pulled the item and are getting ready to send out the cancellation apologies. The latter is my guess, but we shall see...

Got the sorry email as well. Bummer.

Guess I'll wait a couple days but I'm going to call them and cancel so I can get that ridiculous hold on my account taken off rather than wait indefinitely for it to eventually be canceled in late September anyway.

I have never preordered from Fry's, seems like their online departments needs lots of improvement.

How hard is it to negotiate with the supplier the approximate number of stock coming in, and accordingly allocate online stock? If you offer the preorder feature, at least get the basics right...

bread's done
Back