Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried to order one for PS3 and 360 on Deep Discount to cover my bases. I'll be pleasantly surprised if either one actually ships.

[quote name='D.Choy']I ordered the Loot edition back when it was live on Buy.com. Hopefully they fulfill those orders but if not it won't be the end of the world. I too was surprised at how fast these babies sold out; 7 days as people have been saying.

I was just at PAX Prime 2012 last weekend and attended the Gearbox panel. Randy Pitchfork (CEO of Gearbox) said they will not be manufacturing anymore Loot editions. So for those of you who were hoping they might make more according to that one quote he said awhile back, it isn't happening. He also said stock for Aliens Colonial Marines CE as well as the Vault Hunter's edition for Borderlands 2 are running low. Basically, if you want those it would probably be wise to preorder now.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, might just be scare tactics, but I might have to put an order in for that Colonial Marines CE, that game is looking too good to miss.

[quote name='SteveGo']Hmm, might just be scare tactics, but I might have to put an order in for that Colonial Marines CE, that game is looking too good to miss.[/QUOTE]
Me too...

I sold mine for 450 already. I couldn't imagine buying any game for 150 and keeping it. I was gonna cancel it if it didnt sale.

[quote name='AutoPilotOff']I sold mine for 450 already. I couldn't imagine buying any game for 150 and keeping it. I was gonna cancel it if it didnt sale.[/QUOTE]
Won't you receive neg feedback if you cancel on the seller?

Best Buy has removed the listing for the ultimate edition completely. Happened earlier today. I'm guessing they've received there allotment and there's going to be no extras or there page is being reloaded constantly by people waiting for it to come back in stock, probably both.

I don't think I will bother with deep discount. I would be surprised if it ships. Buy.com is one thing but Deep Discount? Still, for those of you who decided to order from there it doesn't hurt to be optimistic!

Due to overwhelming demand or insufficient availability from
our supplier(s) we are unable to fulfill your entire order.
Please note the item(s) listed below have been removed from
your order because it is no longer available.

ITEM # DESCRIPTION QTY PRICE REASON
____________________ ______________________________ ___ ___________ ____________________
7190922 XB360 Borderlands 2 Ultim 1 149.99

Frys.com apologizes for any inconvenience you may have
experienced. Please contact us if we can further assist you.
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us.

Thank you for choosing Frys.com.

Sincerely,

Ugh, 1 down. 2 Left.
I'm counting on you Buy.com!

Frys cancelled my order today 9/11/12:
"Due to overwhelming demand or insufficient availability from
our supplier(s) we are unable to fulfill your entire order.
Please note the item(s) listed below have been removed from
your order because it is no longer available."

Talked with a Best Buy employee and was told they got 2 Loot Chests ordered by a employee and 1 was likely going to be cancelled.

Looks like i may have a chance to snipe one next week ^_^.

My GoHastings.com order was canceled without any emailed notification to that effect. Thanks, GoHastings.

And yes, I know it was a long shot for that order, though canceling it without notification isn't acceptable.

I got mine!!!!!! Won in it in a online contest and got it a week early because of the contest rules. Epic the loot chest definitely doesn't disappoint at all. Can't wait to start playing

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I got mine!!!!!! Won in it in a online contest and got it a week early because of the contest rules. Epic the loot chest definitely doesn't disappoint at all. Can't wait to start playing[/QUOTE]

Is the chest plastic or cardboard?

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I got mine!!!!!! Won in it in a online contest and got it a week early because of the contest rules. Epic the loot chest definitely doesn't disappoint at all. Can't wait to start playing[/QUOTE]

Photos PLEASE!!!!

I checked my order status with Frys and it still shows as back ordered. I'm either super lucky or just have not yet received a cancellation email. Maybe they will receive a smaller number of loot chests than anticipated?

Ordered one for my 360 on July 16 at 11:13 AM. Perhaps those with cancellations could write in their order time and we could see how well my theory holds up?

[quote name='griffinup']I checked my order status with Frys and it still shows as back ordered. I'm either super lucky or just have not yet received a cancellation email. Maybe they will receive a smaller number of loot chests than anticipated?

Ordered one for my 360 on July 16 at 11:13 AM. Perhaps those with cancellations could write in their order time and we could see how well my theory holds up?[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine a few minutes before I made this thread. Also spoke to someone on the phone and she told me there were only 7 orders before mine. I think it was 7, I know it was single digits. Like I said mines not cancelled... Yet.

[quote name='TooPoor']My buy.com order says "Warehouse is processing your order", maybe it had been saying this since I preordered, I forgot.[/QUOTE]

I know that the status always said "processing" but I don't know if it always said "warehouse is processing your order." We will have to see where this goes; hopefully it means we will be getting our Loot Chests from Buy.com.

[quote name='Slowdance']I'm totally gonna put guns in my loot chest. I hope it can be padlocked![/QUOTE]
Not sure if serious. It'd take a thief about 5 seconds to rip that sucker open, bypassing the padlock all together.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not sure if serious. It'd take a thief about 5 seconds to rip that sucker open, bypassing the padlock all together.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the padlock is for small children. Very weak, small children. At which point putting it on a desk or some place waist high would work too.

[quote name='slowdive21']Is the chest plastic or cardboard?[/QUOTE]
Confirmed as hard plastic by one of the developers in an interview.

[quote name='Woocls']Confirmed as hard plastic by one of the developers in an interview.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah....now that you mention it I think I remember this as well...

[quote name='Woocls']Maybe the padlock is for small children. Very weak, small children. At which point putting it on a desk or some place waist high would work too.[/QUOTE]
lol right, personally I'd rather keep my guns in the $1000 gun safe I have, all except for the pistol I keep in my night stand.

[quote name='merchie89']no the pistol goes under the pillow, or tucked into the back of your jeans.

Have you never seen a mel gibson movie before?[/QUOTE]
Why yes I have, the wife doesnt like me keeping it under the pillow though. She says she doesnt feel safe with it there. Nothing wrong with a little midnight "desk pop" IMO

Bah sucks about the Frys orders. I have 2 on order from JR.com but am not at all optimistic. Really hoping I get one though. Seems like this game is going to be huge sales wise.

Maybe overly optimistic but I think between reviews and word of mouth it could have a chance to compete with CoD.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bah sucks about the Frys orders. I have 2 on order from JR.com but am not at all optimistic. Really hoping I get one though. Seems like this game is going to be huge sales wise.

Maybe overly optimistic but I think between reviews and word of mouth it could have a chance to compete with CoD.[/QUOTE]
I watched an interview with one of the developers and he said that just from collector's edition sales (both versions) the sales numbers already out number the pre-order sales from the original and that's just from collector's edition sales. This game will easily beat CoD sequel number 9? 10? how many are we up to now?

[quote name='Woocls']I watched an interview with one of the developers and he said that just from collector's edition sales (both versions) the sales numbers already out number the pre-order sales from the original and that's just from collector's edition sales. This game will easily beat CoD sequel number 9? 10? how many are we up to now?[/QUOTE]

B2 will do well but it will not come near cod numbers. Mw2 first year 22 million (units) , black ops 25 million( still selling well), mw3 6.5 million(units) per-orders in just the US and the UK. Took in 775 million in sales week one, 1 billion in the 1st 16 days. (sales)

Edited to add units versus dollar amounts

[quote name='Woocls']I watched an interview with one of the developers and he said that just from collector's edition sales (both versions) the sales numbers already out number the pre-order sales from the original and that's just from collector's edition sales. This game will easily beat CoD sequel number 9? 10? how many are we up to now?[/QUOTE]

No way in hell. Just because it is a record for Gearbox doesn't mean it can beat CoD. Last time I checked CoD has well over double the preorders BL2 has, and its still two months out. Should Borderlands sell more? Yes, but you are kidding yourself if you think it will.

[quote name='life.exe']No way in hell. Just because it is a record for Gearbox doesn't mean it can beat CoD. Last time I checked CoD has well over double the preorders BL2 has, and its still two months out. Should Borderlands sell more? Yes, but you are kidding yourself if you think it will.[/QUOTE]
I just looked it up... http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41161/USA/ Over a million people have pre-ordered BO2 with no real information given! Good lord the gaming population are lemmings..... No wonder they keeping making the same damn game year after year. They'll make 60million without doing anything but changing the box the game comes in.

Well my fry's order was not cancelled and still says back ordered. I ordered July 15th at 3:39 AM. Otherwise I have to count on costcaptain who charged me two weeks ago already for it :roll:

[quote name='sephiroth1215']Well my fry's order was not cancelled and still says back ordered. I ordered July 15th at 3:39 AM. Otherwise I have to count on costcaptain who charged me two weeks ago already for it :roll:[/QUOTE]

I ordered July 14th, 7:10PM from Frys and it got cancelled earlier today :\

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']I ordered July 14th, 7:10PM from Frys and it got cancelled earlier today :\[/QUOTE]

Probably should have asked what platform. 360, PS3 or PC. They probably will all get cancelled anyhow, but I guess we'll see. Doesn't make sense that they'd cancel some orders and not all of them.

bread's done
Back