Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Woocls']I watched an interview with one of the developers and he said that just from collector's edition sales (both versions) the sales numbers already out number the pre-order sales from the original and that's just from collector's edition sales. This game will easily beat CoD sequel number 9? 10? how many are we up to now?[/QUOTE]

That viewpoint is... a little naive to say the least. Also, there's a reason Borderlands was considered a sleeper hit. There was little pre-release hype i.e. pre-orders. The sequel's CEs numbers being greater is just some slick pr speak.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Probably should have asked what platform. 360, PS3 or PC. They probably will all get cancelled anyhow, but I guess we'll see. Doesn't make sense that they'd cancel some orders and not all of them.[/QUOTE]

It was 360 version.

[quote name='scarhawk']Is the Amazon.de version going to be in German? I have an order for one in, but I don't know if I should cancel it.[/QUOTE]

Lots of EU games end up having English as an option. The extras look like they're mostly visual, so no writing. I would think you'd be fine not knowing German. Not 100%, but quite sure.

[quote name='askl']Too bad they will probably deny international delivery because of weight.

"We are unable to ship orders outside of the UK over 1000g which would include all hardware orders."[/QUOTE]

Placed an order through them the other day, and received an automated cancellation e-mail within a few hours, presumably for this reason.

just received the cancelation email and the ebay seller for the one i bought from ebay is no longer registered - now i have to dispute the charge with my credit card company :( ... i think i'll just wait and see how it goes release day. i don't think all this trouble is worth it anymore.

buy.com order cancelled. Son of a...!
2010061216051353121-17348.jpg

EDIT: ordered on June 13, for :ps3: if anybody is able to get it from Buy.com, luck you
*Eyes of envy and hatred*

Amazon don't you fail me now!

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']I ordered July 14th, 7:10PM from Frys and it got cancelled earlier today :\[/QUOTE]

Ordered mine same day, 9 in the morning, not cancelled yet... but would not be surprised if it was.

So gearbox is like 30 miles from house and my friend who worked on the game through another company though invited me to the release party.. i will hassle everyone there until someone sells me one from their own stash or kick me out.

Buy.com cancelled my order today.

Well that sucks, but you win some you lose some. If I really wanted the set that bad I should have ordered it day one like I do for all the other collector's editions of games I buy.

Well this saves me $150 to put towards something else. I'm somewhat disappointed but I'll live.

EDIT:
Originally ordered on June 2nd, 2012 at 11:59:00 pm for Xbox 360.

[quote name='D.Choy']Buy.com cancelled my order today.

Well that sucks, but you win some you lose some. If I really wanted the set that bad I should have ordered it day one like I do for all the other collector's editions of games I buy.

Well this saves me $150 to put towards something else. I'm somewhat disappointed but I'll live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah to be honest everytime a thread is created to draw attention to the fact that Amazon has created a listing for XYZ Collector's edition we get a thread full of idiots posting to the effect of "Not a Deal" "DERP MSRP" and this game among others is a perfect reason why those thread should be acceptable in the Deal section and a BIGGER reason why you should preorder on Amazon the second you see the thread....

I mean afterall it costs nothing to preorder.. right... right...

Add me to the frys AND deep discount cancelled tally. Here hoping buy.com comes through for me! I got the game for free through the nVidia GTX600 series promo, but was hoping to get more than one so I could flip one and keep it. May just sell it .now to partly pay for the PC I just go

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah to be honest everytime a thread is created to draw attention to the fact that Amazon has created a listing for XYZ Collector's edition we get a thread full of idiots posting to the effect of "Not a Deal" "DERP MSRP" and this game among others is a perfect reason why those thread should be acceptable in the Deal section and a BIGGER reason why you should preorder on Amazon the second you see the thread....

I mean afterall it costs nothing to preorder.. right... right...[/QUOTE]

Well said. I mean I don't think anyone expected the Borderlands one to sell out so quickly. I mean most people won't spend $150 on just one game; it is rather pricey for clunks of plastic. I know this from experience because I have the halo 3 helmet as well as the MW2 night vision goggles. But I am starting to see a trend where these collector's editions are actually limited or somewhat rare. ME3 was limited, MW3 hardened was limited, MGS Collection was limited, etc. It's hard to tell what will be limited so it's safer to place that preorder with Amazon like you said. Amazon doesn't charge so it really is a great thing.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah to be honest everytime a thread is created to draw attention to the fact that Amazon has created a listing for XYZ Collector's edition we get a thread full of idiots posting to the effect of "Not a Deal" "DERP MSRP" and this game among others is a perfect reason why those thread should be acceptable in the Deal section and a BIGGER reason why you should preorder on Amazon the second you see the thread....

[quote name='D.Choy']Well said. I mean I don't think anyone expected the Borderlands one to sell out so quickly. I mean most people won't spend $150 on just one game; it is rather pricey for clunks of plastic. I know this from experience because I have the halo 3 helmet as well as the MW2 night vision goggles. But I am starting to see a trend where these collector's editions are actually limited or somewhat rare. ME3 was limited, MW3 hardened was limited, MGS Collection was limited, etc. It's hard to tell what will be limited so it's safer to place that preorder with Amazon like you said. Amazon doesn't charge so it really is a great thing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, from now on I will preorder all these LEs and CEs, and set a calendar reminder pre-release to remind me to cancel. Starting from Aliens CM.

It would be awesome and CAG and a integrated GUI for this...

Buy.com cancelled. Didn't email me, but after seeing people got cancelled on, I checked and mine was also cancelled.

Not sure if I should pre-order the deluxe from GS now and get it at midnight, or wait to see if they over produce those and can get them at discount later on...

Damn, should've ordered this early, waited on a friend to see where he was getting his from, and then they stopped pre-orders.

Does anyone know if the deluxe version also comes with the "cloth" map. I know it comes with a map, but the UCLE specifically says it's cloth. Tbh, I want that map more than the chest lol.

[quote name='NINJA V']i thought gs stopped taking preorders - amazon is still up.[/QUOTE]

You are confusing the collector's editions. Ultimate Loot Chest has been down for many many weeks

[quote name='sadunk']Can we move this to the graveyard?[/QUOTE]
Please no, it might still pop up here and there post launch like the Diablo III CE hunt. At least let it make through the wave of cancelled preorders.

[quote name='GBAstar']You are confusing the collector's editions. Ultimate Loot Chest has been down for many many weeks[/QUOTE]

I believe the $99.99 version is selling out as well now. It's not available at Best Buy anymore.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yeah, the Vault Hunter edition is definitely selling out as well.[/QUOTE]
However, they will still be able to make more of those after the release of the game. Also, if the demand is there they'll be making a stand-alone loot chest for people down the line. It will be different of course but at least you'll have a shot at one. It will probably just be the box not all the other junk that comes inside it.

[quote name='sadunk']Can we move this to the graveyard?[/QUOTE]

Technically not dead because you can still get an international copy from Amazon.it

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Technically not dead because you can still get an international copy from Amazon.it[/QUOTE]
how could they possibly have a copy still available.... the game comes out in 6 days!?

[quote name='Woocls']how could they possibly have a copy still available.... the game comes out in 6 days!?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Italian people don't care for Borderlands. Who cares how they still have copies available, the point is that they do.

Just got notified by Buy.com that my ULC order has been cancelled. Not too surprised given they weren't listed as an official seller, but still kind of bummed. At least they gave me a $10 credit, but not sure what to spend it on.

[quote name='SteveGo']Maybe the Italian people don't care for Borderlands. Who cares how they still have copies available, the point is that they do.[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt that anyone who orders one from that site now will get one but the worst that will happen is you'll get a canceled order and your money will be tied up for a couple days.

[quote name='Woocls']I highly doubt that anyone who orders one from that site now will get one but the worst that will happen is you'll get a canceled order and your money will be tied up for a couple days.[/QUOTE]

Amazon rarely cancels preorders

[quote name='Woocls']I highly doubt that anyone who orders one from that site now will get one but the worst that will happen is you'll get a canceled order and your money will be tied up for a couple days.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Generations CE (with statue) Sold Out in the UK and Australia before they came out, yet I was able to order a copy from Amazon.de a month after it came out. Identical to the UK version, except the outer box is in German. The game and everything else is in English

Why would you say that? If it weren't avialable, they would just take it down like they've done in every other region. Why would this one be any different. Amazon is in a different class of online retailer from your buy.com, deepdisount.com or even frys.com.

[quote name='SteveGo']Why would you say that? If it weren't avialable, they would just take it down like they've done in every other region. Why would this one be any different. Amazon is in a different class of online retailer from your buy.com, deepdisount.com or even frys.com.[/QUOTE]

They would take it down. I've ordered and preordered games from both Amazon.de and Amazon.it and they are just as good if not better than Amazon.com

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Just got notified by Buy.com that my ULC order has been cancelled. Not too surprised given they weren't listed as an official seller, but still kind of bummed. At least they gave me a $10 credit, but not sure what to spend it on.[/QUOTE]
Same here. they won't even let you use gift certificates in conjunction with Rakuten points.

Amazon.it will probably be in english except for a sticker on the outer cover. They even listed the name as the full english version. The german and french amazon sites did not. There monitoring the stock with 22 left so I guarantee it will ship.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Just got notified by Buy.com that my ULC order has been cancelled. Not too surprised given they weren't listed as an official seller, but still kind of bummed. At least they gave me a $10 credit, but not sure what to spend it on.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I think I'll put the $10 toward a standard copy of the game. I am not gonna waste my time hunting down a ULC edition nor spend 300-400 on ebay.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon.it will probably be in english except for a sticker on the outer cover. They even listed the name as the full english version. The german and french amazon sites did not. There monitoring the stock with 22 left so I guarantee it will ship.[/QUOTE]

I can only search and find a PS3 copy of the game though...

[quote name='Donut2922']Thank God I have both systems.[/QUOTE]

So this is prob the first time owning a PS3 as a positive thing, huh? Lol jp :)

[quote name='Illmatic73']Same here, I think I'll put the $10 toward a standard copy of the game. I am not gonna waste my time hunting down a ULC edition nor spend 300-400 on ebay.[/QUOTE]
I would suggest you get it from BBY for the $20 RZ (unless you are not GCU)
Buy.com Gift Certs don't have expiration dates (please correct me if I'm wrong), so you can save it for later deals on their site (which happens rarely, but it's possible).

My buy.com order was cancelled, too. I have a feeling my order from J&R will follow soon. I ordered the Vault Hunter's Edition from Amazon for the 360. Hurry up if you want it, the PS3 version is not available anymore.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would suggest you get it from BBY for the $20 RZ (unless you are not GCU)
Buy.com Gift Certs don't have expiration dates (please correct me if I'm wrong), so you can save it for later deals on their site (which happens rarely, but it's possible).[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the suggestion but I had bad luck with those. I did that for ME3 and had to call for it. Plus, I rather have the $10 off now. Not a bad deal though. (Ok, my last post in this topic lol)

[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon.it will probably be in english except for a sticker on the outer cover. They even listed the name as the full english version. The german and french amazon sites did not. There monitoring the stock with 22 left so I guarantee it will ship.[/QUOTE]

Down to 17 now.

[quote name='lectersvictim']how much is 117 euros? is it really $151 like google converter says?[/QUOTE]

Figure around $1.29 to one euro please any fees your cc charges for currency conversion. (usually 2-3%)

[quote name='kklems']Figure around $1.29 to one euro please any fees your cc charges for currency conversion. (usually 2-3%)[/QUOTE]
I remember one bank's cc charges minimum for foreign transactions, was it Chase saphhire? I forgot.

I really wish that kind of thread shitting was bannable. A bunch of mini mods trying to write the law. If there's no interest, let the thread die.

bread's done
Back