Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my ULCE (360) from Fry's earlier this afternoon. No shipping damage, and everything was intact. I was skeptical that it would actually ship, but Fry's came through in the end, both with the game and the Premiere Club code.

mine from amazon was missing the bobblehead, i sent in a trouble ticket. has anyone heard from gearbox as to how they're going to replace the missing items?

ULCE_zps8d3f9880.jpg
[/IMG]
:bouncy: :D

Can someone weigh the whole package with and without the bobble head? I want to keep mine sealed but I want to know there is a bobble head inside.

[quote name='atc250es']Can someone weigh the whole package with and without the bobble head? I want to keep mine sealed but I want to know there is a bobble head inside.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, and more specifically how much does the bobble head weigh by itself as well? Thanks in advance if anyone is willing and able.

I'm seeing 6.20lbs for the entire package. I did not weigh without the bobble head, nor the bobble head alone. The bobble head does have enough heft that I'm sure my scale would have shown different than 6.20lbs without it. Everything is out of the box now but I'll re-weigh later if I get extra ambitious and no one else has.

[quote name='The Dude 419']I was wondering the same thing, and more specifically how much does the bobble head weigh by itself as well? Thanks in advance if anyone is willing and able.[/QUOTE]
The bobble head with bobble head box weighs .6 pounds.

The PC deluxe vault hunter edition weighs 1.9 pounds.

[quote name='nibbs159']I'm seeing 6.20lbs for the entire package. I did not weigh without the bobble head, nor the bobble head alone. The bobble head does have enough heft that I'm sure my scale would have shown different than 6.20lbs without it. Everything is out of the box now but I'll re-weigh later if I get extra ambitious and no one else has.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, mine was exactly 6.2 lbs on my digital scale.

[quote name='ky151']My Xbox ULC weighs 6 lbs 6 oz. I haven't opened it, so not positive if it has the bobblehead or not.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the same as 6.2 pounds.

Me and my stupud curiosity.

I told myself not to peel the tape on the outer box, but I did it anyway. I peeled slowly though, and halfway, I slightly ripped the paper off the top of the box. Very slightly. Good thing I pulled slowly because I placed the tape back and it looks as good as new lol.

But I can't stop thinking about it!!

I'm kinda dissapointed on the size of the chest. So that's the crazyness everyone is getting for the $50 more? It looks like it will keep your bread fresher a extra day or two. Really, it can only fit a loaf of bread? It totally looks bigger in the advertisements. That's one expensive breadbox. I'll be just fine with my Deluxe Vault Hunter edition.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Nice! Thanks! Did you order from Fry's, internationally, or got lucky and got an extra left over from Amazon![/QUOTE]

[quote name='rnocerino']I'm kinda dissapointed on the size of the chest. So that's the crazyness everyone is getting for the $50 more? It looks like it will keep your bread fresher a extra day or two. Really, it can only fit a loaf of bread? It totally looks bigger in the advertisements. That's one expensive breadbox. I'll be just fine with my Deluxe Vault Hunter edition.[/QUOTE]

Does your deluxe vault hunter have a steelbook?

A steelbook is only worth $5-10 bucks so I'm not worried. I haven't opened it yet and saw that it doesn't already from pictures. $50 dollars for a bread box storage, steel book, and a cloth map...no thanks.

Sidenote: The Premiere Club and DLC that Gamestop offered with preordering it is going for $20-25 bucks on Ebay. Maybe I'll just put them on Ebay to bring the cost down.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does your deluxe vault hunter have a steelbook?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rnocerino']A steelbook is only worth $5-10 bucks so I'm not worried. I haven't opened it yet and saw that it doesn't already from pictures. $50 dollars for a bread box storage, steel book, and a cloth map...no thanks.

Sidenote: The Premiere Club and DLC that Gamestop offered with preordering it is going for $20-25 bucks on Ebay. Maybe I'll just put them on Ebay to bring the cost down.[/QUOTE]

please provide a link to the $10-$15 boarderlands 2 steelbook...

the completed auctions on ebay are $35-$45

[quote name='rnocerino']I'm kinda dissapointed on the size of the chest. So that's the crazyness everyone is getting for the $50 more? It looks like it will keep your bread fresher a extra day or two. Really, it can only fit a loaf of bread? It totally looks bigger in the advertisements. That's one expensive breadbox. I'll be just fine with my Deluxe Vault Hunter edition.[/QUOTE]

I've actually started up a service to help people dispose of their borderline worthless Ultimate Loot edition extras. Please send me an email at: [email protected] if anyone is interested.

[quote name='havuk']please provide a link to the $10-$15 boarderlands 2 steelbook...

the completed auctions on ebay are $35-$45[/QUOTE]

Those are for the future shop ones. The ones from the loot chest are higher.

Good luck. Everyone is breaking them up and selling on Ebay. From what it seems you might NET more than $300 bucks doing so. It's just crazy because everyone and their grandma wants this special "breadbox" edition.

[quote name='BellardB']I've actually started up a service to help people dispose of their borderline worthless Ultimate Loot edition extras. Please send me an email at: [email protected] if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rnocerino']Good luck. Everyone is breaking them up and selling on Ebay. From what it seems you might NET more than $300 bucks doing so. It's just crazy because everyone and their grandma wants this special "breadbox" edition.[/QUOTE]

Are you hungry?

[quote name='Slowdance']If you repeat the bread box joke enough times, somebody is bound to think its funny![/QUOTE]

Not likely, since no one found it funny the first 6 times.

[quote name='havuk']please provide a link to the $10-$15 boarderlands 2 steelbook...

the completed auctions on ebay are $35-$45[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask for the link to the cheap steelbooks too lol. People are trying to sell the steelbook from the CE for over $100 (I saw one for $129, a few for $169, and one for about $90 total) talk about trying to recover your money with one item lol. I'll be happy with a futureshop case instead. I like the design of the FS better, but the CE steelbook has that rustic, bronze finish that looks really nice and the ps3 case looks to be G2 sized, while the FS steelbooks all seem to be G1.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Nice! Thanks! Did you order from Fry's, internationally, or got lucky and got an extra left over from Amazon![/QUOTE]

It was Frys. As soon as I seen Guerrilla's post that they had them back up Tues morning I jumped on it. Bought mine to keep and display with the few other collector's crap I have so I'm glad it wasn't missing anything. And the chest will easily hold 4 loaves of bread as long as they're baguettes...see, purchase justified ;)

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Huge YMMV but I just got back from the Microsoft Store in my neck of the woods and they have 4 Ultimate Loot Chests just sitting in the back of their store. My friend who works there said they were told not to put them out and to only sell them if someone asks about them.

Check your local Microsoft Store people! Sadly I'm currently unemployed and couldn't justify spending that much money, no matter how badly I wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Brash_Attack: Thanks to you I was able to snag the last 2 Ultimate Loot Chests at the MS Store in South Coast Plaza, Cali (Mission Viejo store is OOS)! I never even thought about checking out the MS Store until your post. When I called yesterday morning, I asked if they had any in stock and the guy agreed to hold both for me until I picked them up. What's even better is that the total came up to $290 after taxes. I checked the receipt. I got 10% off! :applause: Now I need to check if the bobbleheads are there.

So for those of you still looking for the Ultimate Loot Chests, it may be worth it to call an MS Store if you have one close by.

[quote name='ky151']My Xbox ULC weighs 6 lbs 6 oz. I haven't opened it, so not positive if it has the bobblehead or not.[/QUOTE]

God dammit. Mine weighs 5lbs 9.8oz (from JR.com). I assume I did not get the bobblehead. Son of a bitch.

The bobblehead by itself with box weighs 8.8 ounces.

Can anyone else weigh their Xbox UCLE and give the amounts?

[quote name='ShockandAww']God dammit. Mine weighs 5lbs 9.8oz (from JR.com). I assume I did not get the bobblehead. Son of a bitch.

Can anyone else weigh their Xbox UCLE and give the amounts?[/QUOTE]

I weighed the Xbox UCLE at 6.20lbs before unpacking everything yesterday. That works out to 6lbs 3.2 ounces if my math is correct.

Guerrilla, awesome Frys stock notifier, rockstar, all around good dude, weighed the bobble head in at 0.6 lbs or 9.6 ounces.

6lbs 3.2oz minus 9.6oz = 5lbs 9.6oz or 5.6lbs. I suspect you're missing a bobble head. Sorry man.

[quote name='nibbs159']I weighed the Xbox UCLE at 6.20lbs before unpacking everything yesterday. That works out to 6lbs 3.2 ounces if my math is correct.

Guerrilla, awesome Frys stock notifier, rockstar, all around good dude, weighed the bobble head in at 0.6 lbs or 9.6 ounces.

6lbs 3.2oz minus 9.6oz = 5lbs 9.6oz or 5.6lbs. I suspect you're missing a bobble head. Sorry man.[/QUOTE]

I assume that the PS3 and PC ULCE are comparable in weight since the only difference should be due to the weight in the game disc.

My PS3 sealed weighs at 6.4 lbs. (100 ounces) and my PC sealed weighs at 6.5 lbs. (101 ounces).

Can anybody report their PS3/PC weights? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Donut2922']I assume that the PS3 and PC ULCE are comparable in weight. My PS3 sealed weighs at 6.4 lbs. (100 ounces) and my PC weighs at 6.5 lbs. (101 ounces). Can anybody report their PS3/PC weights? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I'll weigh my PS3 and Xbox in just a few minutes.

[quote name='Donut2922']So Fry's did have them after all. Nice. Thanks for posting. I mentioned it way back when but I thought Fry's had a real decent shot at fulfilling orders. Seems like folks were adament about the official retailer list being only Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon but even other retailers like JR seems to be getting these too :D[/QUOTE]
If only there was a decent shot of them not deciding to cancel someone's order and then sell them to people afterwards.

I'm glad that the people that ordered them got their copies, and it's nothing aimed at them. This is just a horrible business practice for a major retailer. Sure they sold all their copies so the sales are there, but that would have happened either way. Don't worry, this will be the last post I make griping about Fry's.

[quote name='ShockandAww']God dammit. Mine weighs 5lbs 9.8oz (from JR.com). I assume I did not get the bobblehead. Son of a bitch.

Can anyone else weigh their Xbox UCLE and give the amounts?[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention mine was for Xbox, and it was 6.2 lbs. It looks like you didn't get a bobblehead. Hopefully 2k will send it right away although if you wanted to keep it sealed you're screwed.

As someone who has no interest in BO2 do you guys think the Care Package version will be as rare/valuable as this was for flip purposes?

[quote name='Woocls']As someone who has no interest in BO2 do you guys think the Care Package version will be as rare/valuable as this was for flip purposes?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. The only difference is the care package comes with the toy, and the other doesn't.

Borderlands 2 ULC had the chest, steelbook, field notes, and whatever else that was not in the Vault Hunter's edition.

[quote name='barrit']I doubt it. The only difference is the care package comes with the toy, and the other doesn't.

Borderlands 2 ULC had the chest, steelbook, field notes, and whatever else that was not in the Vault Hunter's edition.[/QUOTE]

And Black Ops will sell much better then Borderlands so there will be more interest.

If the Care Package Edition is OOS at all retailers by the end of September then you'll be able to make money off of it. If it comes in and out of stock up and until release then probably not.

[quote name='GBAstar']And Black Ops will sell much better then Borderlands so there will be more interest.

If the Care Package Edition is OOS at all retailers by the end of September then you'll be able to make money off of it. If it comes in and out of stock up and until release then probably not.[/QUOTE]

There are some problems with making money off these huge editions, though. The ones that sell the highest have free shipping, and they are quite spendy to ship. You also lose out on a lot due to fees because even the MSRP is a high dollar amount, so if you are making money on it, it will end at an even higher amount. After all of that expense and deduction people will often times only make $30-$40. It just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

[quote name='atc250es']I forgot to mention mine was for Xbox, and it was 6.2 lbs. It looks like you didn't get a bobblehead. Hopefully 2k will send it right away although if you wanted to keep it sealed you're screwed.[/QUOTE]

I dont think I'm screwed. I went here and had to describe the issue, give my address, and a pic of my receipt. I should be able to keep it sealed I hope. Obviously without the bobblehead inside though which I guess was your point and yeah that does suck.

[quote name='Zaku77']There are some problems with making money off these huge editions, though. The ones that sell the highest have free shipping, and they are quite spendy to ship. You also lose out on a lot due to fees because even the MSRP is a high dollar amount, so if you are making money on it, it will end at an even higher amount. After all of that expense and deduction people will often times only make $30-$40. It just doesn't seem worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

If it sells out and everything goes well I can almost promise you'll make more than $30-$40 but your point remains and is definitely valid. You may very well not make enough to make it worth the hassle and fees and everything. What I'd do with a Care Package is order one and sell the extras to hopefully get the game cheap or free and leave it at that.

A safer (read: less expensive) bet would be to order some Hardened editions and hope those become rare. If they don't, cancel before they ship.

Edit: And now I'm pissed because I weighed another Xbox UCLE and the weight difference between the two I've weighed is 12.3 oz. So there is not only a missing 8.8oz bobblehead, but quite possibly something else that weighs 3.5oz...I really did not want to have to open this. After weighing a bunch of stuff, I see that the field journal + lithographs = 3.5oz...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']There are some problems with making money off these huge editions, though. The ones that sell the highest have free shipping, and they are quite spendy to ship. You also lose out on a lot due to fees because even the MSRP is a high dollar amount, so if you are making money on it, it will end at an even higher amount. After all of that expense and deduction people will often times only make $30-$40. It just doesn't seem worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

If it sells out and everything goes well I can almost promise you'll make more than $30-$40 but your point remains and is definitely valid. You may very well not make enough to make it worth the hassle and fees and everything.

A safer (read: less expensive) bet would be to order some Hardened editions and hope those become rare. If they don't, cancel before they ship.

[quote name='Slowdance']While the care package box is cool, every COD with the toy extras has been available for years after release.[/QUOTE]
This was my fear too... I imagine there will be more than enough of these. Just like all the others but they packaged this one a little better and made it *feel* more exclusive. However, the toy is probably easily mass produced and more will probably be made right after release too. I sorta feel like if I could have made money off this it would have already been sold out and thus asking that question now would be too late anyway.

bread's done
Back