Burger King WiiU promotion

Just got mine today as well. Wife called me and let me know. Want to leave work now.

Today would be a super awesome day had that tragedy in Connecticut not happened, didn't directly affect me but I have to little ones going to elementary school so I'll be hugging my kids a little harder tonight when I get home from work. Crazy f'ed up work we live in...

[quote name='BronsonsArmor']I sent my claim form in on Nov.30. How do you know if you've been confirmed or not.[/QUOTE]

The company handling the prize distribution was responding via their Facebook page if you asked whether or not they had received your form. However, lately they've been telling people they can't because they are busy doing verification and prepping the prizes for shipment now that they have received them. So for now, you just play the waiting game.

[quote name='Aerc']UPS attempted to deliver what I'm assuming is my Wii U. No one was home unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I'd make sure you're home next time, as the ToS said you would disqualify yourself if the package ends up being "returned to sender".

I think you get like 3 chances though.

[quote name='Aerc']UPS attempted to deliver what I'm assuming is my Wii U. No one was home unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I just would have went to UPS center and picked it.up myself...

[quote name='unitedvandalism']Ouch. I'd make sure you're home next time, as the ToS said you would disqualify yourself if the package ends up being "returned to sender".

I think you get like 3 chances though.[/QUOTE]

I've got two more. They left a little note saying they would attempt delivery again on Monday. I'll make sure someone is home then.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Got mine today. No games to play. Are there any demos available?[/QUOTE]

No demos available....however if you have the old Wii games, you can play those.

Actually, there are a few demos that just released on the Wii shop that I know of. One for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Transformed and another for Rayman Legends. Apparently, you have to search for them though since they're not prominently displayed, whatever sense that makes...

[quote name='Firecrest']Actually, there are a few demos that just released on the Wii shop that I know of. One for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Transformed and another for Rayman Legends. Apparently, you have to search for them though since they're not prominently displayed, whatever sense that makes...[/QUOTE]

Ok.....Thanks, I'm going to look.

[quote name='Firecrest']Actually, there are a few demos that just released on the Wii shop that I know of. One for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Transformed and another for Rayman Legends. Apparently, you have to search for them though since they're not prominently displayed, whatever sense that makes...[/QUOTE]

These 2 and a soccer one are the only demos so far according to Joystiq.

Picked up NSMBU this morning. I'd encourage every Wii U owner to, it seems like a great game so far. I was worried it was going to be way too easy..... nope. Consider myself a Mario veteran, and I've already died many, many times. It's never the game's fault though, you can only blame yourself :)

Also, the challenges it has (speed running stages, bouncing on top of X enemies, collecting X coins, etc.) are really fun, and pretty challenging to get gold medals.

Also tried the Rayman Legends demo and it was surprisingly a blast. Makes good use of the gamepad's features.

I'm getting that game also. My 3 year old is playing the Rayman demo and she is having a blast with it.....now to go pick up some kid friendly games.

Picked up NSMBWU, Nintendoland, and Scribblenauts Unlimited over the weekend at TRU because of their sale. They didn't have Zombi U available for in-store pickup so I'm having that shipped instead.

NSMBWU is a blast, Nintendoland is kind of meh to me (maybe I'll get into it more later), and Scribblenauts is awesome.

I found myself not able to put Scribblenauts down (and I haven't had a game do that to me for a while). I know it's kind of a kiddy game but it's just downright fun and easy... I often find myself after completing the necessary tasks just doing anything possible to torture the people in the level.

I'm loving my free Wii U so far though (first day was kind of lame because I didn't have any games).

I was actually home to get mine today. I don't have any games and most of my money is going toward x-mas presents. There is a Netflix app right? I'll probably spend most of the time using that.

Scribblenauts is fantastic. I think they made Unlimited way too easy, but it's still so much fun. And if you like corndogs, Bar S is giving out a $5 mail-in rebate with proof of purchase of Scribblenauts Unlimited.

I live in Cali, and NO I have not receieved mine yet. I sent my claim form in on Nov. 14th...No west coast love..Triz I would have thought u had yours by now...wtf..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darthmaul']I live in Cali, and NO I have not receieved mine yet. I sent my claim form in on Nov. 14th...No west coast love..Triz I would have thought u had yours by now...wtf..[/QUOTE]

I bet we get ours the same day. Im in Roseville so we are damn close.

[quote name='Triz']Mine came today. Now to pawn it off. (I already have a premium system)[/QUOTE]

Same, mine arrived today and i went for the deluxe edition. How are you planning on selling it? I was going to ebay but between the fees and the lowball bids, I don't think its worth it.

I just threw it up on my company classifieds for $259 and it sold in 2 minutes. Helps I'm not looking to make a huge profit anything more than zero was worth my time.

I just received mine a few days before Christmas. A very pleasant surprise despite them just leaving it on the front porch lol.

bread's done
Back