Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
i hesitated due to the lack of the $100 GC promo code showing during check out but decided to bite, anyone know when we'll get em, hope its soon enough to cancel my order if im not eligible.

Man this is hilarious it's gone again, let's see if they put some more. I have a feeling these might be backordered. I'm done with this thread, good for a early morning laugh

Have to purchase at the time.

And - did not sell out as fast as I thought. It was available for about 4 munites unlike other deals where they were gone within seconds of going live...

Well it seems my $10 promo from Dragon Age is working on this. If anybody can answer this for me, The buy 2 for $80 get $40 GC. Can you use that on this?

Got one too) Only thing that bothers me is that there was no mention of the $100 gift card on the checkout process or the confirmation email. I hope I get it in 7 days like it said.

SORRY TO TELL YOU GUYS THIS: READ THE FINE PRINT: if you bought from gold box and got the price at $199.99 instead of $199.98 you aren't going to qualify for the promotion! Better check that. I bought from the link at the Gold box but didn't get the promotion, so I'm cancelling. I clicked within a second of it showing up.

In as well. Sure beat standing in line at walmart. Little concerned as I only saw notification in my cart that it was linked to the sale, but no where else. I checked my order and breathed a sigh of relief.
Shipping Preference:Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.48
Super Saver Discount: -$9.48
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Lightning Deal: -$0.01
------
Total for this Order: $159.98

Well it seems my $10 promo from Dragon Age is working on this. If anybody can answer this for me, The buy 2 for $80 get $40 GC. Can you use that on this?

SORRY TO TELL YOU GUYS THIS: READ THE FINE PRINT: if you bought from gold box and got the price at $199.99 instead of $199.98 you aren't going to qualify for the promotion! Better check that. I bought from the link at the Gold box but didn't get the promotion, so I'm cancelling. I clicked within a second of it showing up.

Got one too) Only thing that bothers me is that there was no mention of the $100 gift card on the checkout process or the confirmation email. I hope I get it in 7 days like it said.

[quote name='Redemption33']stupid question

ok i may have added the xbox arcade before whih means it was probley in my cart before the sale but just to be sure, if it says ''Lightning Deal: -$0.01'' thats mean you got the $100 credit right??[/QUOTE]
Yup. :D

I was lucky to get one but after seeing you have to wait seven days I cancelled my order
Walmart's instant eGC seems a bit better, but they sure went fast
under 2 min gone.. phew

Details on the promo code: (.... it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. )

I couldn't resist. I had a $10 extra credit from Dragon Age (I had a CS rep apply it to an order manually but they left it in my cart)and the $30 promo code. At $159.98 and $100 in credit, just too good of a deal to pass up.

I'll either sell the old one or just keep both so I have a backup/extra netflix streamer.

Hmm... Did anyone who clicked the lightning deal NOT get the 199.98 price, but the 199.99 price?
Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $199.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total:
$199.99

Does this mean something went wrong for me?

In for one!

Clicked on the link as soon as it appeared in Gold Box and checked out successfully.

Refreshed the page after checkout and it read 63% claimed (2 minutes into the deal)...refreshed the page again immediately and it read 100% claimed.

Something I noticed, there is no mention of the $100 Amazon Promotional Code in the invoice.

On free shipping, my Estimated shipping date is 11/12. Not bad compared to how slow they ship Blu Rays with free shipping.

Mine said "special Price" in my cart, but now when I check my order it says:

"Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
-----
-----
Grand Total: $199.99"

Does that mean I didn't get the deal? I added to my card within milliseconds.

Got one. 100% claimed now it looks like. Wife's not going to be happy, but I planned on spending over $100 anyway at amazon so the $100 gc will help and then I'll just either craigslist my old launch console or trade it into gamestop. So it all pretty much equals out in the end to approx $0.

[quote name='NegativeZero']i hesitated due to the lack of the $100 GC promo code showing during check out but decided to bite, anyone know when we'll get em, hope its soon enough to cancel my order if im not eligible.[/QUOTE]

Terms and conditions says you'll get the promo code like 7 days after it ships.

Uhhh...

The second the sale went live, I clicked Add to Cart, then checked out and everything, but I don't see a lightning deal discount.

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 ----- Total Before Tax: $199.99 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $199.99

Wait a minute. I placed one in my cart AND checked out within the time of the deal. However, my invoice does not say "Lightning Deal: -$0.01."

Did I just get screwed?

[quote name='GaMeReVX']Check your order status. If it has this:

Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Lightning Deal: -$0.01
-----
Total Before Tax: $199.98
-----
Grand Total:
$199.98
[/quote/

then you got the deal. :D

That's the problem. In my cart it shows up as 199.98, but on the Place Your Order page it shows up as 199.99. That's what has got me worried. I don't want to place the order when it says 199.99 as the price on the order page.

Got one. 100% claimed now it looks like. Wife's not going to be happy, but I planned on spending over $100 anyway at amazon so the $100 gc will help and then I'll just either craigslist my old launch console or trade it into gamestop. So it all pretty much equals out in the end to approx $0.

[quote name='turls']SORRY TO TELL YOU GUYS THIS: READ THE FINE PRINT: if you bought from gold box and got the price at $199.99 instead of $199.98 you aren't going to qualify for the promotion! Better check that. I bought from the link at the Gold box but didn't get the promotion, so I'm cancelling. I clicked within a second of it showing up.[/QUOTE]

I clicked quick too. I have one in my cart, and it shows up as a special price of 199.98. However, when I go to check out, it shows 199.99. I'm screwed, aren't I?

On free shipping, my Estimated shipping date is 11/12. Not bad compared to how slow they ship Blu Rays with free shipping.

Got in on it. This will be the easier of the two time periods to get one IMO. Once word gets out on the other deal sites Amazon will be swamped. I'm going to try to trade mine for some decent games that others got at these buy 2 get 1 sales.

[quote name='Ace2001']Got one too) Only thing that bothers me is that there was no mention of the $100 gift card on the checkout process or the confirmation email. I hope I get it in 7 days like it said.[/QUOTE]

From Amazon: The promotional code will not be reflected at checkout when you purchase the Xbox 360 Arcade; instead, it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions below.

I you paid 199.98, you got the deal.

If you clicked the actual link to the deal instead of just the "add to cart" it explained the promo code terms..

-----
-----
Grand Total: $199.99

[quote name='pluto6']Have to purchase at the time.

And - did not sell out as fast as I thought. It was available for about 4 munites unlike other deals where they were gone within seconds of going live...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ledoux289']I got in for one on Amazon and 30 seconds later I got my Walmart console cancelled online. Win, win![/QUOTE]

Did you cancel the WM order, or did WM cancel it because of low stock?

Subtotal of Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ------ Total for this Order: $199.98 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Win.

So, I've never had to ask this before w/ the $10 promo codes, but this is $100. If we only place an order for $59.99, will there still be $40.01 sitting in my account waiting to apply to the next order?

bread's done
Back