Buy one, get one 50% off. Limited classics/oldies list for: Ps3-360-Wii-PSP-DS-Ps2

FerDK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Best Buy... 50% off a selected game when you buy another game.

The Good:
Probably this is gonna suit better for people who just bought a system or those who have some credit at Best Buy.
You can mix and match.
Amazon's promo match is very likely.

The Bad:
Try to choose store pick up, otherwise shipping kills the "deal".
There's only a few games that worth a try IMHO.

The Ugly:
The selection is very limited (and full of crap):
Ps3 - Xbox 360 - Wii - PSP - DS - Ps2

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox selection seems pretty good with inclusions such as Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction. Ton of other games that got some pretty good reviews also.

Looking thru the PS3 section - it's mostly the same games you could have gotten on Black Friday for $10 or less. 60% garbage along with truely great stuff. If you somehow missed the Bioshock games, MGS4, Mirror's Edge or something else that decent, I feel for ya.

If you can knock off the shipping (via pickup like the OP mentions) that wouldn't hurt as much.

Damn, just looking down the Wii list, and I have to say, there is a lot of crap on the Wii. My Wii has given me some very good gaming, but I have to feel sorry for the folks that don't know better than to buy some of that crap. I really hope Nintendo is a bit more selective in the future when these pubs submit junk like Daisy Fuentes Kawasaki Monkey Bigfoot Balloon Pop.

I think what makes this list "suck" is a lot of games on here (at least in the 360 section) you can/could get them a lot cheaper using some of the other deals posted on here more recently.

The best buy near me is having a better promotion for the past 2 weeks.

For those with the yellow sticker on top (cost 19.99 or less), it is buy 1 GET 1 FREE.

Much better than this

[quote name='chubbyporky']The best buy near me is having a better promotion for the past 2 weeks.

For those with the yellow sticker on top (cost 19.99 or less), it is buy 1 GET 1 FREE.

Much better than this[/QUOTE]

i think is every bestbuy but this is just a store thing, mine also has the same promotion

BB dont open for about 20 minutes here (11am eastern time).
so ill see what they have in about 30 min or so.
looks like some nice games on that list that i dont have the problem is im just not in the mood to play those ones right now. so i dont really want to spend the money on them at the moment.

maybe when i get to the store theyll have some others with this deal as well.

I am curious to see if the stores honors all games $19.99 or less because the paper add doesn't make note that it is only for select games. The paper add says all games actually. Hopefully they honor it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am curious to see if the stores honors all games $19.99 or less because the paper add doesn't make note that it is only for select games. The paper add says all games actually. Hopefully they honor it.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why they would not honor it. If you read the fine print at the bottom of the ad, it says, "online offer may vary". Since their ad shows ANY game at $19.99 or less, I would definitely take it to a manager if it doesn't ring up properly on any game under that price.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i think is every bestbuy but this is just a store thing, mine also has the same promotion[/QUOTE]

Not in my area PA/S NJ

OP there's some great titles on clearance like white knight chronicles, last rebellion, enchanted arms and cross edge not to mention dead space, folklore, eternal sonata, valkyria chronicles, demon's souls, tekken 6, MGS4, heavenly sword and ghost recon predator that work with this promo and that's only off the top of my head for PS3/PSP. Grab at least 8 of these games for $110 plus a $10 GC using the RZ silver coupon that expires 2/12, next week grab MVC 3 which comes w/$10 pre-order RZ points and in 35 days there's another $20.

Let's recap 8 of these games, MVC3, $10 GC, $10 RZ($150 spent on gaming), $10 RZ cert(MVC Pre-order)...good deal? Use the GC on MVC and it's $50.

Text 332211 to RZ for the coupon expires 2/12 spend $100/$250/$500 get $10/$25/$50 GC not limited to just games total purchase amount

Last edited by a moderator:
The XBox list is great, actually. The problem with it isn't the games, it's the prices. Most of, if not all, the games you could regularly get for cheaper at other places.

[quote name='Enuf']Not in my area PA/S NJ

OP there's some great titles on clearance like white knight chronicles, last rebellion, enchanted arms and cross edge not to mention dead space, folklore, eternal sonata, valkyria chronicles, demon's souls, tekken 6, MGS4, heavenly sword and ghost recon predator that work with this promo and that's only off the top of my head for PS3/PSP. Grab at least 8 of these games for $110 plus a $10 GC using the RZ silver coupon that expires 2/12, next week grab MVC 3 which comes w/$10 pre-order RZ points and in 35 days there's another $20.

Let's recap 8 of these games, MVC3, $10 GC, $10 RZ($150 spent on gaming), $10 RZ cert(MVC Pre-order)...good deal? Use the GC on MVC and it's $50.

Text 332211 to RZ for the coupon expires 2/12 spend $100/$250/$500 get $10/$25/$50 GC not limited to just games total purchase amount[/QUOTE]

Items purchased w/ Gift Cards or store credit aren't eligible for RZ points. Most of my holiday shopping was done @ BB w/ RZ certs i earned through the year - I got credit for none of it. When I called to complain they said people "double dip" (like your plan), so they don't allow this anymore.

Both Mass Effect games for $30 is a great deal no matter how you slice it! Or both Bioshock games! I have friends that will jump all over this who just (FINALLY) jumped in with a 360!

BestBuy.com is one of the worst sites I've encountered in every way. I've been trying to spend this 15 dollars in reward zone certificates for over a month and they make it impossible.

My Local Best Buy also had FEAR 2, Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, WET, Army of 2 40th day and Halo 3 ODST in 19.99 section for 360. So check your local BB for a better selection, YMMV.

[quote name='Lancezos']My Local Best Buy also had FEAR 2, Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, WET, Army of 2 40th day and Halo 3 ODST in 19.99 section for 360. So check your local BB for a better selection, YMMV.[/QUOTE]
ive seen all those games for half those prices on this website

I know just trying to point out that their online selection is really bad. $15/ea after discount isn't that bad of a deal for those games

Not a bad way to kill a best buy gift card. This works on Clearance games by the way, so check your local bin for some games under $19.99 that may be decent.

Just picked up Plants vs Zombies DS and Rock Band 3 DS, $29.99 after In-Store pickup :)

Now if I could only figure out what other Kinect game I want besides Dance Central...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']BestBuy.com is one of the worst sites I've encountered in every way. I've been trying to spend this 15 dollars in reward zone certificates for over a month and they make it impossible.[/QUOTE]
Using RZ cert online is simple - why do you say it's impossible?

Recently bought Mass Effect 2 for $10 (EA deal, didn't have ME1 for 360) and Bioshock 1 for $10 so this would be a good way to complete them. I missed the $10 Mass Effect 1 at Kmart on Thanksgiving :( Haven't seen Bioshock 2 for less though, guess I didn't see that sale at all.

Hmmm, wife also loves Plants vs Zombies and our DSs haven't been touched in years.

[quote name='redline']Well I've got me a fistful of dollars, think I'll go down to Best Buy and see if I can rustle up some PSP games.[/QUOTE]

:twoguns:

[quote name='no_exit']Using RZ cert online is simple - why do you say it's impossible?[/QUOTE]

The horrible selection combined with the ridiculous prices, and the way that even when I did find something to spend it on (a DVD that came to 15.XX with shipping+tax), they wouldn't let me use it because the value of the RZ certificate has to be equal/less than the price of the item BEFORE shipping.

Horrible selection? Crappy list? Is this the same site that jumps on Rock of the Dead or Power Gig for $10? There are some classic games in the PS3 list.

Got Mass Effect 1 & 2, Bioshock, and Fallout 3 (not goty) for 60 bucks. Not bad, had to make 2 purchases to get the deal though.:)

Could've done better with the GameStop sale last week. Oh well. Guess I'll keep waiting for a good deal on Plants vs. Zombies.

[quote name='mgford11']Items purchased w/ Gift Cards or store credit aren't eligible for RZ points. Most of my holiday shopping was done @ BB w/ RZ certs i earned through the year - I got credit for none of it. When I called to complain they said people "double dip" (like your plan), so they don't allow this anymore.[/QUOTE]

Buy 8 of these games paying w/cash $110 no tax for me b/c I'm only 40 minutes from DE. Use the coupon after the total is rung up which gets u a $10 GC. If u pre-order and purchase MVC3 u get a $10 RZ cert. in 35 days. If u use the $10 GC when purchasing MVC3 it's $50 combine that w/$110 spent on the games that's $150 spent on gaming which gets u another $10 RZ cert. in 35 days.

Many classic games for decent prices. Not so great for regulars and CAG vets, but for people just getting here who missed some of these games when they were individually on sale, this is a pretty sweet deal. In-store, mind you.

I already own most of the good ones, but I definitely wouldn't mind getting them for $15, and, collectively, they won't be found much lower new for a good while.

ODST for $20 is pretty good. Thinking of getting it with No More Heroes 2.

Today at BB I also noticed Patapon 2 sneakily became an UMD title (as opposed to an online voucher), when did that happen?

The 360 and DS games are actually really good. I'll have to pick assassins creed DS,alice in wonderland DS and picross. I'll need to find a 4th game.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']is it just me or are there no results when clicking the links in the op?

that's what shows up for me :/[/QUOTE]

I just check it and it's working :)

[quote name='Luxuria']They have Terminator Salvation on that list!! BEST. GAME. EVER.[/QUOTE]

Totally, that shit is GOTY material, everybody should pick it up. Hell, it was worth it at $60 when it first came out.

In stores, is this only good once per transaction? In other words, if you buy 4 games that are $19.99 or less, will only one game be half off and not the two lowest priced? So in order to get multiple games at half off, would I need to do multiple transactions?

Not reading everything here but this also works on clearance. Snagged a few at nice prices not expecting it to work but it went through.

[quote name='airjumpman']In stores, is this only good once per transaction? In other words, if you buy 4 games that are $19.99 or less, will only one game be half off and not the two lowest priced? So in order to get multiple games at half off, would I need to do multiple transactions?[/QUOTE]

No multiple trans. needed, u might want to do so if there's really cheap clearance games b/c they take 50% of the cheapest games so pair them up accordingly.

[quote name='distgfx']Totally, that shit is GOTY material, everybody should pick it up. Hell, it was worth it at $60 when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was.

A friend and I played co-op through the intense campaign. We had to take breaks during it to catch our breath.

Can't believe the ending to it though. Here's hoping for a sequel.

[quote name='Luxuria']They have Terminator Salvation on that list!! BEST. GAME. EVER.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have pizza than waste my time on that kinda game

[quote name='CaoPi']I'd rather have pizza than waste my time on that kinda game[/QUOTE]

Bro, you just don't understand the depth the game has to offer.

bread's done
Back