CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple questions about the mobile site. Will the ability to go to most recent message of a thread from the forum be back? And when in a thread I don't see a way to go to a specific page or even go to the last page instantly.

I've already seen a couple db errors, not sure what's up with that.

Also, will we eventually get the ability to change back to posts per page?  Most of the options under my settings seem to be FB/twitter integration and dealing with the notification system.

Functionality is definitely improved but the layout seems more like 3.11 not 3.0. It was time for an update but why change the layout? It's your site so if you like it don't change it. If you were influenced by another person to change the layout bad choice IMO. Seems like all the tweens like it so I must be getting old. Just think you could have made improvements to what worked before not change the whole layout.

Just got this error opening the General Gaming and Industry Forum. Refreshed and it opened fine.

mySQL query error: SELECT f.*,p.*,itemmarking.* FROM forums f LEFT JOIN permission_index p ON ( p.perm_type='forum' AND p.app='forums' AND p.perm_type_id=f.id ) LEFT JOIN core_item_markers itemmarking ON ( itemmarking.item_member_id=13956 AND itemmarking.item_app='forums' AND itemmarking.item_app_key_1=f.id )
I was coming to say the same thing

I love the layout but the dark needs to come soon, this is so bad for my eyes.  Also why do the letters look broken to me, some letters are like half complete.

Couple questions about the mobile site. Will the ability to go to most recent message of a thread from the forum be back? And when in a thread I don't see a way to go to a specific page or even go to the last page instantly.
The new message thing still works the same, but everything was reset so it thinks ALL posts are unread. Once you go in a thread, it will go back to normal.

Getting additional intermittent SQL errors:

mySQL query error: SELECT *,title as topic_title FROM topics WHERE tid=309629
mySQL query error: SELECT cs_value, cs_updated FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key='mail_processing'
mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM core_like_cache WHERE like_cache_id='dd6d5900ce01889e86a8eaa262233a04'

Also having issues with the quick reply where it says it is saving the post but doesn't.

Once everything is finished on this site will we be able to view the Game Stop trade-in values again, or is that something that will not be back?

Any chance auto-spellcheck will work in the final product?  Was a nice feature in 2.0 where misspelled words would be highlighted automatically.

Not sure about anybody else but the Messenger, Profile and Sign out icons are underneath the black bar at the top meaning you can't see them unless you hover over the icon. Im using a Safari on a Mac to view this page. Also two more things 1. The writing "cheapassgamer" looks like its in the Irish flag colours, just throwing that out there, and 2. Like a couple of others I must say I prefer the darker theme of the old CAG, however I may get used to this by the time the Dark theme comes out, you never know. 

Other than that it's looking good guys! Congrats!

Edit: I tried using Chrome and Firefox. Chrome was the same but Firefox was correct, as in the icons and writing were in the top bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is searching the thread you are currently viewing no longer a function? I can only find the search bar at the top and that seems to search the entire site and the sorting is somewhat limited.

would have searched this thread to make sure this isn't a re-post of something already asked but i couldnt figure it out lol :oops:

Phew. Almost like culture shock seeing this hellish white background instead of the traditional green, charcoal and orange. I can't say I'm a fan so far. Visually, anyway.

Had some "URL Not Found" pages at random times and for some reason switched to the old mobile layout for a minute, but it looks like it has passed.

BTW, while it had its issues, I didn't mind the old mobile site as much as other people.

Is there a reason why we HAVE to have our birth day and month displayed publicly...?
Just remove them in your settings. I don't keep personal info like that on forums anyway since it's none of their business.
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean just delete them then I can't. CAG requires you to keep your birth date and month (but not your birth year). If you mean something else, then could you please explains?

I can't figure out shit in this new system...
Lol.

Click on your screen name above your avatar.

Click on the black rectangle on the right side of your screen to edit.

You'll see 'entering your birthday is optional'.

Debating on using my real age(a young 100+), but you can set yours to unknown by clicking on month, date, and year.
Thank you! I guess you can't delete/hide it, you just to remove the info.

Viewing the site in a native 1080p 23inch LCD, the top and bottom text of the pages is very hard to read. I just adjusted zoom to 125% and it looks good now, but I sure don't want to have to keep zooming in and out when I come to CAG

I definitely don't like not having drop-downs at the top and bottom of pages to be able to navigate to different forums!

I definitely don't like not having drop-downs at the top and bottom of pages to be able to navigate to different forums!

..or not being able to see when the last reply on a topic was when you're looking at the list inside of a forum...

The new message thing still works the same, but everything was reset so it thinks ALL posts are unread. Once you go in a thread, it will go back to normal.
Oh cool. It's working like that now. Still wish I could jump to any page number in a thread.

Oh cool. It's working like that now. Still wish I could jump to any page number in a thread.
Click the "Page X of Y" part, and you can.

I like it so far. Brings it up with the times. My biggest concern is definatly going to be feedback from trades on the old boards. Hoping to see that imported back in as I had amassed quite a bit of feedback. Other then that good work.

I like it so far. Brings it up with the times. My biggest concern is definatly going to be feedback from trades on the old boards. Hoping to see that imported back in as I had amassed quite a bit of feedback. Other then that good work.
Sadly, that doesn't appear on Mobile.

I still can't update the thread title for The Steam Deals Thread V8. Any help would be appreciated, I've tried using the full editor and I still can't get it to work :cry:

The lines around the edges of posts, quotes, and reply boxes are way too thin/light for this light theme. It's hard to tell what's the quote and what's the response. The resolution of the font is also pretty bad.

I'm looking forward to when we have all of the settings available so I can get back to 100 ppp.

Interesting.  Just tried out the mobile version of the site and it seems to be working fairly well there.  Unread posts since last visit were color coded.  On the regular version of the site, everything just shows up as unread for me, apparently.  Hopefully that's another transient issue (that's probably already been discussed).

Anyone figure out a way to skip to the last page of a thread on the mobile site?

Ninja'd
In the URL just replace the page number with the highest number you want for example in this thread i typed in 100 and it took me to the last page. Its just a temporary trick until they add that feature.

Click the "Page X of Y" part, and you can.
On the mobile/iPhone site? Call me blind but I don't see that anywhere.

Just wanted to comment that I would like to see the "Popular threads" somewhere because that's pretty much the only thing I check on the site 95% of the time I come to it. Thanks!

Apparently signing in doesn't get rid of the massive ad on the top of the screen anymore. Plus, wheres the dropdown menu that listed all of the forums? I know you all have busted your ass getting the new site up and running, but I'm not really digging it. Having an option to display everything as it was before would be a huge bonus. Also noticed links to past posts seem to be broken. Assume that'll get fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back