CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

Never tried the Mighty Wings. Just too expensive. Something like $1 per wing. No thanks. I'll spend less and just go to a real wing joint.

Went to Ricky's yesterday with my brother for some wings, nachos and a couple pitchers of beer. If you're not familiar with Ricky's it a local ale house in Hollywood Fl ran by Billy Mitchell from "The King of Kong" fame.
Ricky's Famous Wing sauce. I love how Billy goes into the grocery stores and triples the amount of space on the shelf his product takes up.

Tried some Atomic Wings at Quaker State the other night. If any of you have ever seen Man vs. Food or whatever it's called they were on there once, the really hot ones that they give you a shirt/name on the wall for if you eat so many. Honestly, while they were hot as fuck and it felt like my forehead was on fire after a few I didn't mind any of that but my stomach did no agree with them and it felt like I was going to puke. I'm guessing it's all those spices that's in the sauce that didn't interact with it right. I'm sure if I ate them a few more times and got used to it I would be alright as I rarely ever have any issues with something not agreeing with my stomach.

Some of the extracts they use on the sauces have freaking warning labels, I enjoy spicy food but have no intentions of making myself feel just for the f' of it.

I went to jack n the crack today and saw they have a spicy chicken sandwich made with ghost pepper. Has anyone tried this? I would hve tried it but yaaaaaaa

I went to jack n the crack today and saw they have a spicy chicken sandwich made with ghost pepper. Has anyone tried this? I would hve tried it but yaaaaaaa
Its not that hot imo and only retained the heat. It tasted almost like Mcdonald's Habanero Ranch sauce, both were just low quality. My friend had to put some of Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce on our sandwiches to save them. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not that hot imo and only retained the heat. It tasted almost like Mcdonald's Habanero Ranch sauce, both were just low quality. My friend had to put some of Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce on our sandwiches to save them. :D
Well that's disappointing, guess I won't be trying it

Tried some of those new Klondike Candy Bars. Double Chocolate was OK but the Cookies and Cream was pretty good. Also had the Good Humor Birthday Cake bars and those things were disgusting.

Oh, and my prayers have been answered.

20140501_122508-1.jpg

Now I can have good chicken and pork chops again. Yay!

I saw an article about where Subway is trying out a Kung Pao Pulled Pork sub in select markets. I saw it on the sign at a local one, but haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I was in a chicken mood lately so I tried the grilled chicken sandwich and the grilled chicken nuggets at Chick Fil A. Pretty good although the sandwich was kind of dry. The nuggets tasted like something out of Boston Market since they were skinless. And I love Boston Market.

I went to order those Bone Out wings from Pizza Hut but somehow ended up getting the BBQ wings with the bone in (curse you online ordering). It was still very good.

Lastly, I tried the BBQ Bacon chicken from Dominos. The bacon was overcooked and burnt but the rest of the food was fall apart good. Those chicken kickers from Dominos are still my favorite. 

I will probably try the Big King Chicken sandwich from Burger King tomorrow.

I was in a chicken mood lately so I tried the grilled chicken sandwich and the grilled chicken nuggets at Chick Fil A. Pretty good although the sandwich was kind of dry. The nuggets tasted like something out of Boston Market since they were skinless. And I love Boston Market.

I went to order those Bone Out wings from Pizza Hut but somehow ended up getting the BBQ wings with the bone in (curse you online ordering). It was still very good.

Lastly, I tried the BBQ Bacon chicken from Dominos. The bacon was overcooked and burnt but the rest of the food was fall apart good. Those chicken kickers from Dominos are still my favorite.

I loved Boston Market

But they disappeared for awhile over here (about 13 years ago now?), then introduced frozen meals in our area (which tasted like crap), and then reappeared randomly about 7 years ago? And they don't taste anywhere close to what I remember :(

Been in Japan for about 10 days now. I've been eating some awesome food. I'll try posting some pics soon.
Have you done a KFC Christmas yet?

Edit: oops read that as 10 years.

I want some pics of robot ordering stations!

I had that the other day thinking I might like that instead of getting an original chicken sandwich, but it was beyond mediocre. If they had simply put the Big King fixings on an original chicken and just called it a King Chicken it would have been a lot better.

Here's a few picks of some food I've had while in Japan. Sorry no maid cafe' this time.

Probably the best ramen ever. I always go to this same Ramen stand every time I visit Japan. It's fantastic

P5042026.jpg

Yakiniku. Again another place I hit up on every visit. 

P5031981.jpg

We visited the Gekkaikan Sake Brewery. There was a fancy restaurant next door so we tried it out. Not only was the food beautiful but tasty too.

P4301820.jpg

While in Kyoto my in-laws knew a good fish place they've been to several times. This is salted cured fish. I've never had fish quite like this. It's so simple but really good.

P4281694.jpg

Went drinking with my wife's family. Lots of sake and beer plus some raw horse. No joke. Don't judge me but it was fucking delicious.

P4271664.jpg

Remind me never to eat a Casey's (gas station) breakfast sandwich again.

My apologies to the Chicago O'Hare bathroom attendant.

Big King Chicken? More like batter king. I could barely taste any sense of chicken in that thing.

Would like to try their honey BBQ chicken strips next. Their regular strips and tendergrills are pretty good.

I saw that Rally's/Checkers were selling funnel cakes so I tried one and enjoyed it. :) Don't expect it to be amusement park size though, its a bit small which is nice.

Yeah that's true. It's obviously just different.

But I also don't eat raw cow.
Never had steak tartare?

I've only had raw meat (not including fish) a few times. And it's not something I order lightly. Only at places that are known for these sort of dishes. It really is quite delicious but I can see how it's unappealing to most Americans since it's just not served in the states and really not part of our culture.

10 years ago I would have found it disgusting too. Infact the first time I had horse I was tricked into it.

My wife eats all that tartare stuff, it's not for me.

I would try just about anything, I have an issue with raw food. Even good sushi or sashimi. It's just not my bag.

Had the new Spicy Chicken Cool Ranch taco at Taco Bell today. It was alright, and at least it was priced the same as the beef tacos so no stupid up charge there. I will admit that for a fast food place the spice was fairly decent. I am so used to fast food spicy being laughably mild that this was a pleasant surprise. Too bad the shredded chicken is still mediocre as hell.

I went to a KFC/ A&W today and realized, I've never had an A&W burger. I assume it's just your standard burger but was wondering if anyone has tried it. 

The burgers there are pretty standard, better than Mickey D's or BK. Probably not as good as 5 guys or Hardee's. The last time I had it was like over a year and a half ago though so my memory may be off

The A&W's around here all have Long John Silvers in them.

When I was a kid A&W was like Sonic, with the car hops and everthing. It was awesome.

I used to like A&W for the burgers and cheese curds. Hardly see them down here though.

They'r burgers aren't anything spectacular. A step above McD and BK, but not as good as Wendys or 5 guys, etc. (as the poster above noted)

Best burger I had lately was from a local chain called Killer Burger

9s.jpg

http://www.killerburger.biz/

Speaking of root beer, the local B&K root beer stand has been restored and will open this Monday.  Also opening Monday is the first Culvers in the area.  Can't wait!

I've seen a couple Kum & Go's. They were in Arizona I believe.

Also saw a Circle K out there. Haven't seen those in a long ass time.

Does anyone else eat at Red Lobster? I swear, every time I tell someone I went to Red Lobster I get a look of disgust. I don't get it. I typically get a shrimp dish and I'm never disappointed. And those biscuits.

Heads up to all you fast food junkies. Wendy's has a promo going on for free Jr size frosty with every purchase you make in 2014. Just donate a dollar for a keyring tab good for the whole year. I bought 4 for the family. I hope you like this post. Enjoy your frosty's for a year for a buck.

Heads up to all you fast food junkies. Wendy's has a promo going on for free Jr size frosty with every purchase you make in 2014. Just donate a dollar for a keyring tab good for the whole year. I bought 4 for the family. I hope you like this post. Enjoy your frosty's for a year for a buck.
Yeah..... everyone in the lunch group at work got one a month or two ago, and everyone ended up loosing their tag after two uses. The tag tears through the punch hole without much effort. If you get one, keep it in your wallet.

Does anyone else eat at Red Lobster? I swear, every time I tell someone I went to Red Lobster I get a look of disgust. I don't get it. I typically get a shrimp dish and I'm never disappointed. And those biscuits.
I went once like 17 years ago, before I became allergic to shellfish. I liked it, don't know how it is now. My husband has never been and has been wanting to go, but no matter how much I try to convince him, he won't go because he feels bad eating what I can't have in front me.

bread's done
Back