CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

Was in Boston this weekend and crossed off two places.. Went to Dick's Last Resort Saturday night, their goal is to have an obnoxious wait staff and atmosphere and it works well. Food was pricey for the quality (my steak was about 4 bites) but we got to keep drink glasses so that's a plus.

Then on Sunday we went to Dave and Buster's for lunch, first time I'd ever been. Pretty good food and the games were fun too. Would go again.

Had Subway's new Flatizzas. Was OK, though nowhere near as chunky as the ads show.

Also, Big Lots has 10-packs of Cadbury Eggs for $4.80.

For the price there just meh, I would rather get a $5 pizza from Little Ceasers if I had a choice.
This a million. I tried it with my brother and I hated it. The marinara sauce from the meatballs just didn't do it for me. I'd have rather gotten one of their personal pizzas to go with my sandwich.

Went to Red Robbin today. The order took way too long. When our food finally came out it was luke warm. Our waitress must've left it in the window for like 10 minutes and forgot about it. I complained to the manager and got everything free (excluding my beer) plus a fresh order. The manager was nice about it and despite the long wait not only was it free but the burgers were great. Will go back.

While we where about to leave a group of 4 got up and left due to their long wait. I saw the waitress finally arrive with their drinks looking around confused. I told her they left and she didn't seem surprised. Then while walking out I heard another family complaining to their waitress about the wait. I'm guessing this location is having some problems.

Anyways this bad boy was free:

2v0fi3b.jpg

We had Taco Bell's breakfast and survived!

Here's what I had: Steak & egg burrito, AM Crunchwrap with sausage, waffle taco with bacon.

The egg and steak burrito was surprisingly better than what I had thought. It's very basic, but I assumed it would be "even more" basic? I suppose since they added their cheesey blend, it gave it more of a taste than I had thought. It was pretty damn good. 

The AM Crunchwrap was the best of the 3. It was a nice size, and overall just tasty. There's hashbrown(s) in it too!

The Waffle Taco wasn't bad, but it wasn't OMGGG

I try to stay away from Fast food as much as possible, but I do have a weakness for Chicken Kitchen (I think that's exclusive to South Florida) and Panda Express. As for the main stream fast food joints, McDees is definitely my favorite.

Chicken kitchen has this amazing curry mustard sauce! It's so good that one of my friends that I met in high school randomly flies to Miami (From Germany) for a weekend just so he can have some CK. In my opinion, the best CK in South Florida is in Pembroke Pines by an LA Fitness and Freshmarket on Flamingo Rd and Sheridan. I used to drive there on a daily basis for lunch from Plantation back when I was still in high school. The guys that work there always gave us extra chicken for free, plus every once in awhile the Rock came into this location to eat. The CK I frequent most often now are in Coral Gables and the one in Sunset, and they are just "okay" in my opinion.

As for Panda Express, I love the chow mein with double orange chicken!

I'm headed to PAX East pretty soon. I've never been to Boston/East Coast, are there any places I should check out for food? Pax East Forums has some good suggestions but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

The AM Crunchwrap was the best of the 3. It was a nice size, and overall just tasty. There's hashbrown(s) in it too!
I had it as well and it was good for the price. I'm used to the size of the regular crunchwrap though, lol. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Buffalo Wild Wings since I had it on my Bank of America Deals list.

Was pretty meh. The cheese fries were OK, but pretty tiny and the BBQ chicken wrap wasn't anything special. I think I get more food from McDonald's.

Went out to eat a few time the last few days. Hurricane Grill and Yard House. Hurrcane Grill is known for wings with 30 different flavors . Tried the coconut, hot honey mustard and plain sea salt and vinegar. Good stuff

Yard House is for beer. Over 100 on tap. I tried the IPA sampler with a pizza and tomato bisque. Also a Shittake Garlic Noodle for us all to share. Damn good.

Went out to eat a few time the last few days. Hurricane Grill and Yard House. Hurrcane Grill is known for wings with 30 different flavors . Tried the coconut, hot honey mustard and plain sea salt and vinegar. Good stuff

Yard House is for beer. Over 100 on tap. I tried the IPA sampler with a pizza and tomato bisque. Also a Shittake Garlic Noodle for us all to share. Damn good.
Yard house also has some damn good chicken wings and beer battered onion rings :)

Are you guys talking about the Half Yard House? They haven't sold Yards of beer in such a long time, I was at least fortunate enough to have a few when they were still around.

The name of the resturant is Yardhouse, but they sell the half yard glasses. Never saw the yard glasses. You'd have to but that sucker on the ground instead of the table

Later on tonight, I decided on Boston Market. I haven't been to a Boston Market in years. The other day at work, I saw someone eating it and it was one of those "OH YEAH, That place exists!" moments. I remember really enjoying it.

Has the quality gone down in the last few years? Dat creamed spinach. :drool:

Are you guys talking about the Half Yard House? They haven't sold Yards of beer in such a long time, I was at least fortunate enough to have a few when they were still around.
I wouldn't want the half yard, by the time you would get close to finishing it it would be all piss warm

Later on tonight, I decided on Boston Market. I haven't been to a Boston Market in years. The other day at work, I saw someone eating it and it was one of those "OH YEAH, That place exists!" moments. I remember really enjoying it.

Has the quality gone down in the last few years? Dat creamed spinach. :drool:
Last time I had boston market was about 5 years ago, and the last time I had it before that was like 7 years right when they disappeared for awhile, and it tasted like crap. Nothing like the market I knew from childhood

Then you're drinking it wrong kiddo
Hahaha I hate getting called Kiddo xP

Unfortunately you may be right

I just like my drinks ICE cold and I usually have to snack or I get buzzed pretty bad

Have you ever been to joe josts? The beer is ice cold and always like 32 degrees or something. That with a sandwich and pickled egg is YUM :)

Tried Sheetz's Dorito taco thing on lunch the other night, pretty damn good and I'm not big on Doritos or tacos in general. Next time I want to try the Tostitos one. I love Sheetz lol.

I am getting sick of my standby groceries going OOP. Lipton Cheese Noodles, Knorr Beef Rice, Sugar Twin, Bakin Miracle, and now McCormick OG chicken seasoning has been discontinued everywhere.

Still have yet to find a decent replacement for Sugar Twin or Bakin Miracle. The only sweetener that uses the same formula is Sweet N' Low, but their granulated boxes are 1/4 of the size. I'll use that up in no time. Also can't find a coating that bakes anywhere near as well as Miracle.

I'm out on the road for work, so trying a few new regional places in Raleigh-Durham area.

Stopped at Bojangles last night, damn they're so much better than KFC. 

Tonight it was "My Place" in Wake Forest.  I highly recommend the Chicken Carbonara.

Might go to the Carolina House Friday if I get the chance.

Also gonna swing by Smithfield's before I go home.

Anyone have any recommendations for the area?

Also, are there any retro game stores I should hit up before I leave?  Flying out Saturday at noon.

No Bojangles in South Florida unfortunately. How does it compare to Popeye's?

Had Publix fried chicken today. Always awesome.

To me, Bojangles blows Popeyes out of the water. 

Where I live, a Popeyes opened up and only lasted just over a year.  Of course it is possible the reason it closed was because it was run by morons, which is very likely.  I just remember the same guy screwing up my order every time I went there, almost like it was on purpose.  And I'm not a dick or anything, I think he just truly didn't care and didn't mind making people miserable.  Once I got some chicken strips at the drive thru on my lunch (half hour).  Asked the guy at the window if there was ranch in the bag, he looked me in the eye and said "yes".  Based on my previous experience with him, I pulled forward and looked in the bag.  Sure enough he had lied.  The last time I went there I opened my box to be greeted by the biscuit as usual.  This time the biscuit had a friend with him in the form of a curly hair right on top front and center like it had been placed there.  Never went back after that.  They closed up 3-4 months later.  I see that dickhead serving at Applebees now, I avoid his section at all costs.

I was never a big fan of Popeye's. The chicken was always lukewarm and the fries and biscuits are always dry.

Around here everyone is in freaking love with Chik-fil-a. They have decent milkshakes, though Sonic blows them out of the water, but Wendy's chicken is so much better it's not even funny.

In my area, Bojangles is the least popular due to the chicken always being inconsistent and dry. Popeyes is top for the sauces, taste, and tenders. 

I love the popeyes here, never had ANY problem with them... I generally get them when they have specials like rip n chicken as they can be pricey at times, but always tasty. The sides are top notch

My prayers this year were answered when a Chipotle finally opened in my area, I finally got up the nerve and hunger to tackle the infamous quesarito... (to you who dont know it's the burrito wrapped in a cheese quesadilla)... before anyone goes on about america and obesity etc... I have lost 30 lbs in the last year and am at my college weight in the 150's... I run everyday AND according to my fitbit app had a calorie allowance of over 2000 left when I got done jogging yesterday. 

The look of amazement when I asked for one from the workers was worth it... I ate every bite too... it was delicious, though a little messy.... and at $10 was more than I generally spend on my meals alone. Most times I will opt for the regular old burrito...

I really like Popeyes but it's a little spendy compared to KFC (where I haven't eaten at in years).

The spicy chicken is great, but unfortunately no one else in the family can handle it.

I used to love KFC's Popcorn Chicken, but they got rid of it. :( Though at least they still have their awesome Hot Wings.

Speaking of which, McDonald's got rid of their Mighty Wings.

Mighty Wings were supposed to be a seasonal item but Mc Donalds was left with tons of wings when the promotion was over.  They had to re-introduce them at a discount to get rid of them. 

I really like Popeyes but it's a little spendy compared to KFC (where I haven't eaten at in years).
I can't remember the last time I've been to one. El Pollo Loco pretty much killed any reason for me to visit KFC. :D

Never tried the Mighty Wings. Just too expensive. Something like $1 per wing. No thanks. I'll spend less and just go to a real wing joint.

Went to Ricky's yesterday with my brother for some wings, nachos and a couple pitchers of beer. If you're not familiar with Ricky's it a local ale house in Hollywood Fl ran by Billy Mitchell from "The King of Kong" fame. 

bread's done
Back