CAG Fast Food/Restaurant Foodies Thread

Commercial is kinda far for me just to go to Sonic. I head out that way maybe once every few months, and even then I usually hit Joe's Crab Shack or this awesome Dim Sum place (Toa Toa) I've been going to for years.

There's still that Sonic in Vero Beach when I visit my folks. But 50 cent corndogs sounds good.

Will it help if I tell you I went to Costco before hand to pay $80 for $100 to that restaurant to save money?
Now that's one I haven't tried. Good thinking. While your at Costco try the chicken Ceaser salad at the lunch counter. It's enough for 2 people. Their hot supreme pizza is just okay to me. Of course can't forget the samples.

They are both the same to me. Carl's Jr only gets a slightly higher preference because of Green Burrito.
I've seen Hardees around that have Green Burrito as well... edit... Red Burrito... but I assume they are similar in the way Hardees and Carls Jr are

Last edited by a moderator:
As a San Francisco native, the "Frisco Burger" from Hardee's offends the shit out of me. What in the fuck is "frisco sauce" supposed to be? I can assure you that nobody in San Francisco eats burgers like that. 

I've seen Hardees around that have Green Burrito as well... edit... Red Burrito... but I assume they are similar in the way Hardees and Carls Jr are
Unfortunately, I haven't encountered a Hardees with a Red Burrito before in my travels to make a comparison yet. :???: I would agree though, I assume they would be similar.

We just got Del Taco down in my neck of the woods in GA. Maybe I am spoiled from all of my years in Chicago-land, but their chili cheese fries left a lot to be desired.

I love Del Taco, mostly as it's really cheap (and it's Ameri-mex fast food, so it's all going to be shit anyways), loved their chicken tacos and liked their bean burrito supreme or whatever they call them. Plus they have way better hot sauces then taco bell, especially since it seems taco bell removed a lot of the spiciness out of theirs. 

Trying to figure out what to do for .50 corn dog day tomorrow (errr...today now), don't want to get a ton of corndogs but not sure what sounds good on the menu (have a coupon for buy one, get one footlong coney but don't want two of those plus corndogs, I think my heart and/or insides would explode). 

I like Del Taco's Classic Chicken Burrito. I wish there was something similar at Taco Bell. More importantly, I like having french fries with my tacos and burritos. If only Taco Bell would do the same...

If you ever find an A&W/Taco Bell or a Long John Silvers/Taco Bell you can totally get fries with that :D

The nearest Taco Bells are a drive from me so I rarely go there but I'm not a Tex Mex or Mexican food fan in general. I do love their quesadillas though I think they're a little expensive. The only other things I'll get their is nachos (which isn't anything special) and occasionally one of their Dorito tacos but very seldom as I don't care for that kind of food.

Went to Rally's (having missed the Sonic trip) today and tried their new cheddar pub burger from the dollar menu. It wasn't bad, the cheese was more like a sauce then cheese it seemed to me, but it didn't taste awful like a lot of cheese sauces. Didn't really notice the onions, which for me I don't really like (I'm the person who goes to In n' Out and get grilled and raw onions on a burger). For a buck it was decent enough, reminded me a bit of Wendy's cheddar burger they had on their dollar menu awhile ago, though I thought the meat patty was better on this then the one at Wendy's.

Went to Sweet Tomato today I must say, I needed that. I've been eating like shit for the last few days so I needed a delicious all I can eat salad.

Went to Sweet Tomato today I must say, I needed that. I've been eating like shit for the last few days so I needed a delicious all I can eat salad.
Alright Rodimus. I'll be heading there at some point this weekend myself. I think Red Velvet Lava Cake is the special dessert this weekend. I don't eat the sweets but the family will enjoy it.

Went to Rally's (having missed the Sonic trip) today and tried their new cheddar pub burger from the dollar menu. It wasn't bad, the cheese was more like a sauce then cheese it seemed to me, but it didn't taste awful like a lot of cheese sauces. Didn't really notice the onions, which for me I don't really like (I'm the person who goes to In n' Out and get grilled and raw onions on a burger). For a buck it was decent enough, reminded me a bit of Wendy's cheddar burger they had on their dollar menu awhile ago, though I thought the meat patty was better on this then the one at Wendy's.
I go to their sister joint Checker's a lot. Their bacon cheddar fries are great. Their sandwiches are good (though Wendy's chicken is way better) but they end up soggy in the wrapper quickly. I love their Baconzilla too.

I go to their sister joint Checker's a lot. Their bacon cheddar fries are great. Their sandwiches are good (though Wendy's chicken is way better) but they end up soggy in the wrapper quickly. I love their Baconzilla too.
I've eaten a lot of unhealthy/fried stuff in my life, but the saltiness of those bacon cheddar fries is unholy. They're good, but it's unbelievable how salty they are.

Not that anyone cares... but I just found out that Taco Bell still has nacho cheese chalupas if you ask. That made my night, as sad as that is.

I like Del Taco's Classic Chicken Burrito. I wish there was something similar at Taco Bell. More importantly, I like having french fries with my tacos and burritos. If only Taco Bell would do the same...
You would like the place nearby my house. It's a burrito and burger joint. They have a huge burrito topped with curly fries then smothered with green Chile and cheese. They have 4 different sizes with the smallest enough for two people.

I've eaten a lot of unhealthy/fried stuff in my life, but the saltiness of those bacon cheddar fries is unholy. They're good, but it's unbelievable how salty they are.
My Checker's must be unique then because the fries there aren't any saltier than McDonald's or Wendy's. And it's still better than me salting them on my own (which I wouldn't do for Checker's anyway).

I usually get their double rallyburger combo, since they seem to always have $2.99 coupons for the small (but let you make it a medium or large for extra).

Not sure how to mutliquote on phone but the fries at the one near me usually seem less salty then McDonalds as well.

You would like the place nearby my house. It's a burrito and burger joint. They have a huge burrito topped with curly fries then smothered with green Chile and cheese. They have 4 different sizes with the smallest enough for two people.
This sounds delicious

And sadly like something that won't be in SoCal :(

Also, speaking of red velvet, the Hubby is buying me a red velvet cupcake from sprinkles tomorrow :D

Not that anyone cares... but I just found out that Taco Bell still has nacho cheese chalupas if you ask. That made my night, as sad as that is.
They still make Enchritos too, even though it's not on the menu, I guess they developed a secret menu of sorts. I really don't know what the big deal is either since they have all the ingredients

For you Del Taco fans out there, ask for a 1/2 Been Burrito with Green sauce and ask to make it bold. They add fries and the secret sauce from the chicken tacos, DELICIOUS! You can ask for the fries well done if you want them a more crisp.

This sounds delicious

And sadly like something that won't be in SoCal :(

Also, speaking of red velvet, the Hubby is buying me a red velvet cupcake from sprinkles tomorrow :D
Sprinkles is so overrated!!! You live out in the LA area? I live in Riverside, if you ever come out towards Ontario check out this place.

MyDelightCupCakery, the breakfast cupcakes are so good!

Trying to figure out what to do for .50 corn dog day tomorrow (errr...today now), don't want to get a ton of corndogs but not sure what sounds good on the menu (have a coupon for buy one, get one footlong coney but don't want two of those plus corndogs, I think my heart and/or insides would explode).
It would be your ass that explodes.

Tried Sonic for the first time today, had the coney dog with onion and a lime/strawberry slush thingie. As far as I'm concerned, some of the local dog places are better, they also didn't put the onion on the dog. On top of that, the server didn't even bother to mix the strawberry into the slush, just a small splash of strawberry mix on the top. After stirring it the strawberry flavor didn't last long and I was left with what pretty much tasted like sprite. Over-rated IMO.

Went to Sonic on Wednesday to try two shakes: PB and J and Cookie Dough. Cookie one was good; I was expecting chocolate chips like at Steak n Shake so it was a nice change. The other one was way too sweet and just tasted like peanut butter. I'm guessing the jelly sunk to the bottom.

The only food I love there are their breakfast burritos - particularly the sausage and bacon ones. BTW, they use actual bacon strips and not bacon bits. Chicken and burgers are decent, but there are better places out there for that. 

I'm loving this Sodapalooza at Racetrac. $7.99 gets you a cup and a bunch of coupons. Free refills on all sodas and slushies till 7/31. I've been stopping off on my way to and from work. Maybe it's too much but I loooove slushies, esspecially now that it hitting the 90's in Florida.

Just had Culver's for the first time in a year. Got off really late from work and my brother and I missed the food at the family bbq. I got a double bacon burger meal and a vanilla cookie dough and brownie mixer. I forgot how good the custard is and really wish I ordered a bigger one. Now to go run 3 miles since I feel really full.

Sprinkles is so overrated!!! You live out in the LA area? I live in Riverside, if you ever come out towards Ontario check out this place.

MyDelightCupCakery, the breakfast cupcakes are so good!
I've never had anything else :( (and I couldn't eat it when pregnant so I've been craving it)

I live over in South Bay, by the beaches. I never could live in LA, too crowded, smoggy, etc. I like going every now and then though for fashion alley

That cupcake place looks good, how is their red velvet?

I think I might make a drive over there for it as their breakfast cupcake looks like something my Hubby will like and I owe him big time for the present I got yesterday

I've never had anything else :( (and I couldn't eat it when pregnant so I've been craving it)

I live over in South Bay, by the beaches. I never could live in LA, too crowded, smoggy, etc. I like going every now and then though for fashion alley

That cupcake place looks good, how is their red velvet?

I think I might make a drive over there for it as their breakfast cupcake looks like something my Hubby will like and I owe him big time for the present I got yesterday
Personally, I think all Red Velvet cake taste the same. Some buttercream is better than others but the cherry filling really makes that cupcake. My daughter really likes it, my son thought it was tasty too the last tiime I brought some home.

Personally, I think all Red Velvet cake taste the same. Some buttercream is better than others but the cherry filling really makes that cupcake. My daughter really likes it, my son thought it was tasty too the last tiime I brought some home.

Aww cute kid

Maybe I should wait for mine to be able to eat solids before I go then :0

Took the family to Sonic for half price happy hour drinks after a hike.  The kids ordered flavored slushes with Nerds.  Those drinks are totally over the top.  I told them they could try it this time but don't get used to it.  Just way to much sugar.  Pretty sure this is a new thing.

C41jQIv.png

nothing wrong with them slushies, as long as you work it off... I have to eat high calories every day just to maintain my weight these days, 3000 plus calories a day... which is hard as I drink more water and eat well at work most days

Hey CAGs do any of you have a burger place called "Frosty King" in your city/town? I'm in Southern California and I've seen a couple of these in different cities I was wonder if other places outside California have them.

nothing wrong with them slushies, as long as you work it off... I have to eat high calories every day just to maintain my weight these days, 3000 plus calories a day... which is hard as I drink more water and eat well at work most days
Why is your maintenence so high? Lots of muscle or a lot of training?

bread's done
Back