CAG FIGHT CLUB - Here comes a new challenger! (Organize ONLINE battles here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok just played some rounds with heavyd. i feel exhausted.

I learned to time my super after gato's rdp+k to b. whoo!! all in all good times.

hey heavy, practice your pokes. freeman's standing and jumping b have decent priority. use 'em often

[quote name='gigan54']ok just played some rounds with heavyd. i feel exhausted.

I learned to time my super after gato's rdp+k to b. whoo!! all in all good times.

hey heavy, practice your pokes. freeman's standing and jumping b have decent priority. use 'em often[/quote]

Yeah I kept trying to use standing b but would be retarded and press the button in between my b and D buttons (which does nothing), this happened a bunch of times at the beginning of our matches because I was just playing third strike against some crazy dude.

Heads up: Tonight is Tekken Night and as planned a room should be open at 10pm. I will try and have the room setup to get things started but won't be able to probably play most of the night due to spanish college work (>_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Heads up: Tonight is Tekken Night and as planned a room should be open at 10pm. I will try and have the room setup to get things started but won't be able to probably play most of the night due to spanish college work (>_

Yeah, I never really understood what all the fuss about it was until I played like 3 hours of fighting games straight in practice mode on a stick. Then I was like, "Oh, so I can like do stuff better!"

[quote name='heavyd853']Yeah, I never really understood what all the fuss about it was until I played like 3 hours of fighting games straight in practice mode on a stick. Then I was like, "Oh, so I can like do stuff better!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can already see some improvements that'll come if I get used to it, but right now it's pretty horrible. You could also probably see me struggling with it on your end lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, your Ken has gotten better!

Woo, thanks.

I was so suprised when I pulled that close mp,hp, lp shoryu, shippu jinrai-kyaku combo near the beginning there. I borrowed the idea from that Daigo x alex Valle video from comic-con or whatever, since he did it but with a hadouken instead (so as to get the full super in at the end!).

You gave me a good work out with almost all of your characters, and your yang was pretty scary.

[quote name='heavyd853']Woo, thanks.

I was so suprised when I pulled that close mp,hp, lp shoryu, shippu jinrai-kyaku combo near the beginning there. I borrowed the idea from that Daigo x alex Valle video from comic-con or whatever, since he did it but with a hadouken instead (so as to get the full super in at the end!).

You gave me a good work out with almost all of your characters, and your yang was pretty scary.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I don't really know how to use him well, but for some reason I find him fun to play as.

Edit: I'll post my info for VF5, SCIV, and GGPO when SCIV comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sweet. I'll be there in a sec.[/QUOTE]

ggs hank. hotaru rape was hella fun. and i honestly didn't think i'd lose to Mika 4 times in a row

[quote name='gigan54']ggs hank. hotaru rape was hella fun. and i honestly didn't think i'd lose to Mika 4 times in a row[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised I won with Mika at all. ;) I haven't used her seriously since I got Alpha 3.

Yeah, I listened. I may try to look into merging CAG fightclub SCIV (PS3) with the rest of CAG, or I could separate it (as in one night for CAG fight club, and another night for others). Regardless, I'd make sure you guys get priority on setting a night up (only night I do not like is Friday personally). Preferably, I'd like to bring them together.

to be honest, after this week any day is fine for me.

I look forward to actually training people. I'm waiting for requests though on that with Tekken DR Online and eventually this game.

I was thinking Saturday at 10pm EST (before Tekken: DR Online), but in ways I'd hate for people to have to play two fighters in one night (which are a bit different). I just heard Hank said weekend. Earlier on Sat. would be fine too.

Weekdays are fine too, just hope we can get a day/time that's best for most of you. :)

I may do two nights though. Once during the week, and one on the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down for any day for SCIV, especially once school starts up again since I'll be working less and not as late.

On a side note, does anyone here not have trouble pulling out EWGF's in Tekken 5DR. I was trying to learn how to do it right with kazuya, and i managed to get it out like maybe 3-4 times in 20 or so minutes. Frustrating!

[quote name='heavyd853']I'm down for any day for SCIV, especially once school starts up again since I'll be working less and not as late.

On a side note, does anyone here not have trouble pulling out EWGF's in Tekken 5DR. I was trying to learn how to do it right with kazuya, and i managed to get it out like maybe 3-4 times in 20 or so minutes. Frustrating![/QUOTE]

I've slacked on it, but use to be able to do it. the idea is try to hit 2 before you input the down+forward comand in f,*,d,df+2. thinking that way makes it alot easier.

as for 10pm (EST), tekken night seems to have shifted to that time, but SCIV and Tekken sharing the same time is no big deal. Usually most people who play fighters hop from one game to the next.

OOooh woops, I kept reading the df+2 as dfx2. No wonder i kept ruining it! I was like HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THAT WITH REGULARITY!

Can you put me on the list for SCIV(PS3) and Tekken 5: DR (PS3) and throw in VF5(360)
I'm on EST

PS3 Info:
PSN: Azumangaman
CAG: Azumangaman
EST

XBL Info:
XBL: Azumangaman
CAG: Azumangaman
EST

I'll update this whole thread when I g to work in the morning... sorry for the delay on my part...

Oh yea, EWGF in Tekken. Real easy if you know the right timing.

f,N,d,D/F+2. Hit D/F and 2 at the exact same time. Badabing badaboom.

You can tap forward, than do a half fireball (d,D/F) as fast as you can and just make sure you hit 2 at the exact same time you slide the dpad position from down to D/F.

Yeah once I figure that out I had it down no problem, its just that for the first half hour or so I was trying to press d/f twice because I thought thats what it said. Silly me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
as for 10pm (EST), tekken night seems to have shifted to that time, but SCIV and Tekken sharing the same time is no big deal. Usually most people who play fighters hop from one game to the next.[/QUOTE]We can maybe do that, because people have have the PS3 disc of SCIV and Tekken 5: DR Online on their PS3 at once, and switch between them in-game easily. Regardless, I'll see what I can do.

I think we can easily coordinate between both SC IV and Tekken and have a fighting game night. We can use this thread to communicate with each other and let others know when we're playing and who else is playing. Should be easy... ;)

We should just start off posts like this/using this format:

T5DR: Rolento, The Mana Knight, and I (MarkMan) are on right now... we have a room running, message Rolento if you need an invite.

SC IV (PS3): Looking to play, if anyone wants to get wooped, message me on PSN!

I'll update real soon, just got into work.

yeah, that's perfect MM.

It seems like I'm hosting most Tekken nights now, which I don't mind. I'll always inform people when games are going on. I still think a tournament will be in the pipeline eventually.

[quote name='Jest']

Every night should be a fighting game night in my opinion.[/quote]

TRUTH

Just post up here whenever anyone is playing.

Updated OP!

Whats the time for SCIV on August 2nd? I'll be getting the game tomorrow for the PS3, and I'll probably go through the game on arcade with as many people as possible first, then Saturday will probably be my first time online.

I say we have an all night thing, we'll just post up in here who's on and people who are hosting should post their respective rooms/invites/availability... or something like that.

GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back