CAG FIGHT CLUB - Here comes a new challenger! (Organize ONLINE battles here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was lag. Trust me. You yourself said you're a casual player. You probably didn't notice, but holy shit is it there. Try doing some just frame moves and you'll see what I mean.

meh, the lag isn't bad enough to throw off my sub-tournament level ability. I'm not training for Evo so it's all good.

that said, the real problem is the amount of scrubs. then again, it's like this at the launch of every online fighting game. but seriously, everyone picks the Apprentice, starts off with the lightning bolt move, then goes A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B the rest of the match. Then I do a side step counter and they're like "OMG WHAT THE fuck WAS THAT CHEAP SHIT" (really happened) :rofl:

[quote name='ninja dog']meh, the lag isn't bad enough to throw off my sub-tournament level ability. I'm not training for Evo so it's all good.

that said, the real problem is the amount of scrubs. then again, it's like this at the launch of every online fighting game. but seriously, everyone picks the Apprentice, starts off with the lightning bolt move, then goes A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B the rest of the match. Then I do a side step counter and they're like "OMG WHAT THE fuck WAS THAT CHEAP SHIT" (really happened) :rofl:[/quote]

:lol: yeah, I still think it's sad when people think they have a chance of winning when they put zero effort into actually trying to learn.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']There was lag. Trust me. You yourself said you're a casual player. You probably didn't notice, but holy shit is it there. Try doing some just frame moves and you'll see what I mean.[/quote]

This man speaks da truth.

It's about the same. Remember it's P2P, the only server running is the communication for the lobby/matchmaking. I must have played some dude from very far away cuz it was lag city. I'm going to test online with some local guys tonight to see if it is similar to how DR's netcode works for people that live 5 min away from me.

[quote name='Chacrana']GGPO's on the bottom of my list. I can't make it work :(.

I think I still have to try opening up ports and shit, though...[/QUOTE]are u at least able to get into lobbies and watch matches???

if so, then hopefully all u need to do is open ports... I was in the same situation before I got it to work.

I installed an older version first, and that gave me the same problem, so I installed this new one, too. I'll try uninstalling the first one.

Make sure you uninstall it through windows add/remove programs option, after you reinstall the newest version make sure you open the ports needed.

I tried to play SCIV again online... completely unforgivable...

Seung Mina has a fantastic poke for when people get up in her face, 6B+K.

it's a move that comes out in an instant, yet here I am mashing the shyt out of my joypad and nothing is happening other than me eating someone else's attack

-_- I'm DONE!!!!

charcramar I think u messed up the installation... I dont even kno if u even need to install the older version at all...

just do:

# Download and install Adobe AIR.
# Download and install the GGPO Beta RC3.

those instructions are on the front page with links. I would think the uninstaller removes everything from the previous GGPO client and starts brand new client with RC3 but of course I could be wrong.

Man, I uninstalled all that shit, restarted my comp, reinstalled the newest release, and it still says "yo, lost connection to GGPO" like right when I log on. It's like they know I'm not very sportsmanlike!

so were u at least able to create a login then??

I cant remember but I think u had to do that outside of the client itself, like on the ggpo website.

i think I had a similar problem when I first started as far as logging in went, but later I was able to get in no problem... I cant remember exactly but hopefully if u try again tomorrow u may get in??

We'll see. But yeah, I've got an account setup and I even have a password. But I get bounced without any chance to prove myself. So cheap.

Okay, I decided to start trying to play as Cassandra, so if you guys want some easy wins, I'll be on in a bit. I really have no idea what I'm doing yet, though.

Or I could just switch back to Kilik and rape u.

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, I decided to start trying to play as Cassandra, so if you guys want some easy wins, I'll be on in a bit. I really have no idea what I'm doing yet, though.

Or I could just switch back to Kilik and rape u.[/quote]

thank you for at least trying to play someone different. As easy as Kilik is to use, I'm really tired playing against him online since 70% of the people I play online use kilik...

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, I decided to start trying to play as Cassandra, so if you guys want some easy wins, I'll be on in a bit. I really have no idea what I'm doing yet, though.

Or I could just switch back to Kilik and rape u.[/QUOTE]
Mmmm Cassie. She's my main.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I played Inu earlier today and it seems all he plays is Cassie and Vader. to be honest, he's the best vader player I've seen. better than the CPU even.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he was rather good with Vader. His Cassie needs a little work though ;)

Alright, I think I'm done playing online. It's just not any fucking fun when it's lagging as badly as it is. Namco's netcode is a fucking joke for a fighting game.

Yeah, it was amusing that we had so much trouble blocking that stupid low sweep from cassy. Especially since its like 2 seconds long.

It only got worse after you left too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that was the worst part, because I wasn't even able to block that shit when I got off the ground until I just held down and block. I mean, seriously.

I gotta get GGPO workin'...

Yeah you do.

Man, Namco really didnt put a lot of effort into their online! I mean, allowing people to do quick match searching into a full game? What the fuck!

[quote name='Chacrana']Alright, I think I'm done playing online. It's just not any fucking fun when it's lagging as badly as it is. Namco's netcode is a fucking joke for a fighting game.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='heavyd853']Yeah you do.

Man, Namco really didnt put a lot of effort into their online! I mean, allowing people to do quick match searching into a full game? What the fuck![/QUOTE]
I'm not really surprised. Most games from Japan (not to discriminate against the country because I really love Japanese games) usually have terrible online and problems (such as lag) regardless of console (I mean, why do you think Nintendo's online is so simple and why many PS3 online games from Japan don't even have voicechat). That's one thing I definitely give western devs the upper hand in, when it comes to online. I pretty much guarantee Tekken 6 will have pretty bad online (if anyone remember Mr. Driller Online for 360, it was filled with lag).

But I still enjoy playing SCIV online regardless. Most delay/lag for me is after the match (lately it has gotten worse, but before it seemed better).

I thought VF5's online was at least playable, though... I really think it's more Namco than Japan in general. Nintendo's just backwards, but they've always been.

The thing is Namco of Japan develops the online and doesn't develop it specifically for any region OUTSIDE of Japan.

If you look at online play in Japan for T5DR and SC IV there is almost no lag issues at all. I've seen some crazy shit in matches that shouldn't be possible in both T5DR and SCIV when two people from Japan are going at it.

I've seen someone do Kazuya's d/f+2 CH into EWGF LAUNCH online in a Japan vs Japan match.

I can't even do that if I was playing against a friend that was 3 houses down. The bottom line is our network/the way we have our structure setup for p2p play is not at the level of Japan or Korea. Namco of Japan is so oblivious to this they could care less.

[quote name='MarkMan']The thing is Namco of Japan develops the online and doesn't develop it specifically for any region OUTSIDE of Japan.

If you look at online play in Japan for T5DR and SC IV there is almost no lag issues at all. I've seen some crazy shit in matches that shouldn't be possible in both T5DR and SCIV when two people from Japan are going at it.

I've seen someone do Kazuya's d/f+2 CH into EWGF LAUNCH online in a Japan vs Japan match.

I can't even do that if I was playing against a friend that was 3 houses down. The bottom line is our network/the way we have our structure setup for p2p play is not at the level of Japan or Korea. Namco of Japan is so oblivious to this they could care less.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's true too. Like I remember how PSN downloads in Japan are super fast (unlike how they are here).

I wasn't just talking about Namco, there's so many other games I know online with issues (looks at Toy Home especially, where it's like a strobe light playing online, lol).

[quote name='MarkMan']The thing is Namco of Japan develops the online and doesn't develop it specifically for any region OUTSIDE of Japan.

I can't even do that if I was playing against a friend that was 3 houses down. The bottom line is our network/the way we have our structure setup for p2p play is not at the level of Japan or Korea. Namco of Japan is so oblivious to this they could care less.[/quote]

Christ! I was practicing that the other day and the timing is so ridiculous.

Tekken does feel stiff when you have no idea what you're doing. I know, because that's exactly where I am right now. But it's the same thing as with Virtua Fighter - it feels awkward for a while, but when you get it, it's as smooth as can be.

[quote name='Chacrana']Tekken does feel stiff when you have no idea what you're doing. I know, because that's exactly where I am right now. But it's the same thing as with Virtua Fighter - it feels awkward for a while, but when you get it, it's as smooth as can be.[/quote]

yeah, VF felt stiff for a while to me, but even now with not knowing much it's pretty smooth. I really think you should spend more time with Tekken... you've got potential but you don't seem to give a shit :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, VF felt stiff for a while to me, but even now with not knowing much it's pretty smooth. I really think you should spend more time with Tekken... you've got potential but you don't seem to give a shit :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol, pretty much. I'll get around to it. I promise that I'll work on it at the absolute latest when Tekken 6 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back