CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Looooove me some Third Strike, even if I'm just plain balls at it. Any idea how much it'll cost?[/QUOTE]

I'd guess $15 bucks/1200 msp.

King of Fighters XIII has been confirmed for console release on October 25, 2011. Published by Atlus. Pretty sweet news, since there was a lot of speculation that SNK wouldn't be able to bring it over due to financial issues. I'll be getting it.

[quote name='GuardianE']King of Fighters XIII has been confirmed for console release on October 25, 2011. Published by Atlus. Pretty sweet news, since there was a lot of speculation that SNK wouldn't be able to bring it over due to financial issues. I'll be getting it.[/QUOTE]. Do you have kofxii? I thought I've seen you playing on of the xbla titles.

[quote name='BackInBlack']. Do you have kofxii? I thought I've seen you playing on of the xbla titles.[/QUOTE]

I played KoFXII briefly. It was a crude, unfinished mess. It didn't even have team fighting, and the two console exclusive characters were missing parts of their moveset. KoFXIII is going to be what KoFXII was supposed to be, so I have no issue with buying that.

I have KoF2002 Unlimited Match. It's a dream match game (meaning it's non-canon and includes a huge roster, whether it makes sense or not), and considered one of the better KoF's. I have fun with it, but no one else i know owns it, so there's little motivation to learn the game. Most of the KoF mechanics I know, I yanked from CvS2.

I miss CvS2. I wish they would port it to xbla. I was gonna buy KoF 2002 but didn't know if anyone would be playing.

GGs, Guardian. Glad to get more Morrigan exposure. She's pretty much the bane of my existence. You've some nice moves!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IanKazimer']GGs, Guardian. Glad to get more Morrigan exposure. She's pretty much the bane of my existence. You've some nice moves![/QUOTE]

Good games, Kazimer. It's no secret to the people on here that Amaterasu is one of those characters that I dread fighting (along with Zero and Taskmaster). Got blown up by Tron assist more than I'd like to admit. :p Good stuff.

[quote name='MtlTom']Wait a second, are you guys telling me people play KOF games? :lol:

AE Lobby tomorrow night - who's down?[/QUOTE]

"Play" is being generous. More like, I press buttons and wiggle the directions to look at characters do flashy moves and shout nonsensical jibberish. :p

Yun lobby indeed.

Don't know why they had to make the twins so imba with 3S0 right around the corner. Needless to say, it gives me a better reason to pick Sagat :)

Good games to everyone that made it out on Wednesday. I think most of us are still adjusting to the speed and pacing of SFIV again. I'm still up for some Marvel or BlazBlue as well.

My internet died in a fire but they finally sent a guy to come fix it and I can play AE now hooray. How long has it been out? Several days? SEVERAL?! Meh, I'm not going to bother playing catch up with everyone that's already had it for several days. Bye forever D:

No I lied. I'm going to tier hoore with Yun.

[quote name='bs000']My internet died in a fire but they finally sent a guy to come fix it and I can play AE now hooray. How long has it been out? Several days? SEVERAL?! Meh, I'm not going to bother playing catch up with everyone that's already had it for several days. Bye forever D:

[/QUOTE]

You make Dudley weep with your blasphemous words. I was wondering what happened to you. Shinobi also didn't make it out last night for some reason. I hope his internet did not suffer from the same arsonist.

Is Dudley still cool. I hurt my hand playing the 3DS version. I also cut my index finger trying to fix my internets. It hurts to fighting game anything D:

[quote name='GuardianE']Good games to everyone that made it out on Wednesday. I think most of us are still adjusting to the speed and pacing of SFIV again. I'm still up for some Marvel or BlazBlue as well.[/QUOTE]
GGs this week in AE. It's definitely weird going back to SSF4 after the rapid pace of Marvel.

[quote name='bs000']My internet died in a fire but they finally sent a guy to come fix it and I can play AE now hooray. How long has it been out? Several days? SEVERAL?! Meh, I'm not going to bother playing catch up with everyone that's already had it for several days. Bye forever D:

[/QUOTE]
Plz don't leave :cry:

I posted this in the SSFIV thread, but meant to post it here. This is how you deal with two streams....

Tokido is the CEO 2011 Marvel champion, taking J.Wong out in the Grand Finals. Huge upset. Incredible matches in the Finals and Grand Finals. Good show to ChrisG as well.

That Marvel finals was a really good set. It was really interesting to see how Tokido used his team with a lot of Lvl 1 X-Factor and not being afraid to burn the meter with his other characters besides Phoenix. It's like the complete opposite of what we've been seeing.

I'm tuning into the AE finals right now. If any of you guys are on, hop on to IRC.

www.efnet.org
Chat: #cagfighter

EDIT: We're not in the chat anymore

iQYz2.gif

[quote name='MtlTom']That Marvel finals was a really good set. It was really interesting to see how Tokido used his team with a lot of Lvl 1 X-Factor and not being afraid to burn the meter with his other characters besides Phoenix. It's like the complete opposite of what we've been seeing.

I'm tuning into the AE finals right now. If any of you guys are on, hop on to IRC.

www.efnet.org
Chat: #cagfighter

EDIT: We're not in the chat anymore[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was good stuff. Tokido was actually doing that over a month ago in Europe (Lvl1 Xfactor burn). And Justin was doing it too. This is just the first major in the U.S. since then, I think. It really only works with Wolverine for a number of reasons:

1) No other character is able to kill off another character in Level 1 X-Factor that quickly (leaving tons of X-Factor for the next character) AND
2) Pull off several 50/50 mixups in a row at super speed on the next incoming character (which could potentially lead to a second dead character)

That's why you don't see many other characters utilizing the level 1. And, of course, it's applicability and usefulness is dependent on your opponent's team composition. He is pretty unique in his willingness to use meter on his Phoenix team, though. That's been sort of a trademark strat for him.

I was really really cheering for Mike Ross at the end there. Amazing work he put in this weekend.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, it was good stuff. Tokido was actually doing that over a month ago in Europe (Lvl1 Xfactor burn). And Justin was doing it too. This is just the first major in the U.S. since then, I think. It really only works with Wolverine for a number of reasons:

1) No other character is able to kill off another character in Level 1 X-Factor that quickly (leaving tons of X-Factor for the next character) AND
2) Pull off several 50/50 mixups in a row at super speed on the next incoming character (which could potentially lead to a second dead character)

That's why you don't see many other characters utilizing the level 1. And, of course, it's applicability and usefulness is dependent on your opponent's team composition. He is pretty unique in his willingness to use meter on his Phoenix team, though. That's been sort of a trademark strat for him.

I was really really cheering for Mike Ross at the end there. Amazing work he put in this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know the Lvl1 X-Factor is common with Wolverine for the reasons you mentioned - it's something I've seen a lot of people do including Justin & Noel Brown.

What I was really surprised with was Tokido's willingness to burn his X-Factor and meter on a Phoenix team. To this point, most Phoenix players generally:

1) Get 5 meters, put her in until she turns dark and tag her our so the other characters can use meter. Save the X-Factor for her
2) Save all the meter, keep her last, use the X-Factor for her.

I hadn't really seen him play since FR, where he was using Wolverine/Sent/Akuma so I wasn't aware of how he played the Phoenix team. It was an interesting strategy and obviously it worked. It's pretty amazing that he got 1st in BBCS2, MVC3, and AE and 3rd in T6.

I was pulling for Mike Ross too. His matches were all pretty exciting and he had a lot of clutch moments.

[quote name='MtlTom']Yeah, I know the Lvl1 X-Factor is common with Wolverine for the reasons you mentioned - it's something I've seen a lot of people do including Justin & Noel Brown.

What I was really surprised with was Tokido's willingness to burn his X-Factor and meter on a Phoenix team. To this point, most Phoenix players generally:

1) Get 5 meters, put her in until she turns dark and tag her our so the other characters can use meter. Save the X-Factor for her
2) Save all the meter, keep her last, use the X-Factor for her.

I hadn't really seen him play since FR, where he was using Wolverine/Sent/Akuma so I wasn't aware of how he played the Phoenix team. It was an interesting strategy and obviously it worked. It's pretty amazing that he got 1st in BBCS2, MVC3, and AE and 3rd in T6.

I was pulling for Mike Ross too. His matches were all pretty exciting and he had a lot of clutch moments.[/QUOTE]

Well, another thing to keep in mind is that Justin's team was perfect for doing the Lvl1 X-Factor against. His anchor was Tron, obviously Justin's weakest link on that team. If Tokido managed to take out the first two characters, the match was already over. There's not much that Level 3 X-Factor Tron can do except throw out j.C's and hope for the best. Possibly catch a Lvl3 Hyper in a clutch moment. That's about it. I'm sure Tokido was taking that into consideration.

Tokido also seemed incredibly comfortable with regular Phoenix. Moreso than Filipino Champ or Viscant at this stage in the game.
I didn't even get to see BBCS2. Who was he using in that?

[quote name='GuardianE']
Tokido also seemed incredibly comfortable with regular Phoenix. Moreso than Filipino Champ or Viscant at this stage in the game.
I didn't even get to see BBCS2. Who was he using in that?[/QUOTE]
I didn't see any of the matches, I just heard he won it. Apparently there weren't a lot of entries. I know in streams I've seen previously for BBCS he uses Bang (of course). I'm sure he stuck with him in BBCS2.

I don't know when/if finals were streamed. It would have been Friday night or Saturday morning.

[quote name='GuardianE']Amazing. Always a crowd pleaser. I didn't even know that Juicebox picked up Juri.[/QUOTE]
I remember him mentioning he was learning her back on one of his podcasts. Juicebox should learn more characters just so we can see more dances.

So it looks like right now Oni is the new Ken for AE. There soooo many of them and they're all mashing HK/EX slash. From mid range it's pretty easy to see coming and punish, but up close it's tough to react to. Any suggestions?

LK is safe on block, MK doesn't cross-up, is unsafe, but does cause un-techable KD on hit, and HK/EX cross-up. Is it best to try and hit them out of it for HK/EX or try and block then punish?

[quote name='MtlTom']I remember him mentioning he was learning her back on one of his podcasts. Juicebox should learn more characters just so we can see more dances.

So it looks like right now Oni is the new Ken for AE. There soooo many of them and they're all mashing HK/EX slash. From mid range it's pretty easy to see coming and punish, but up close it's tough to react to. Any suggestions?

LK is safe on block, MK doesn't cross-up, is unsafe, but does cause un-techable KD on hit, and HK/EX cross-up. Is it best to try and hit them out of it for HK/EX or try and block then punish?[/QUOTE]

If you can react to it, a simple c.lk will knock them out of the EX. I don't think the move has any invincibility, though I could be wrong. It's just a gimmick that people are going to have to adjust to, and until they do, Oni's will get free hits. I'm not sure how punishable EX is on block.

[quote name='MtlTom']I remember him mentioning he was learning her back on one of his podcasts. Juicebox should learn more characters just so we can see more dances.

LK is safe on block, MK doesn't cross-up, is unsafe, but does cause un-techable KD on hit, and HK/EX cross-up. Is it best to try and hit them out of it for HK/EX or try and block then punish?[/QUOTE]

There was a tourney where he was in the crowd and did a different dance for every ultra someone did. I can't remember what event it was and can't find any videos from it.

"LOOK AT HOW AMERICAN HE IS!"

GGs to Guardian, bs, Kensei, Gouki, & Ozzy. Is Ozzy on CAG? He had a pretty sick Hakan, I was really surprised. I need to go back and watch the replays from last night because I felt like I kept making the same mistakes over & over. Lots of really close matches though and that's what's important!

I'm still really confused as to where my 200PP magically disappeared to, but at least this came out of it....

[quote name='bs000']
"LOOK AT HOW AMERICAN HE IS!"[/QUOTE]
That was EVO 2009. I can't find the video of him acting out the Ultras in the crowd (I remember him doing Balrog's) but I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUS2wKWbI-s

PS: Was the netcode any better on MK?

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs to Guardian, bs, Kensei, Gouki, & Ozzy. Is Ozzy on CAG? He had a pretty sick Hakan, I was really surprised. I need to go back and watch the replays from last night because I felt like I kept making the same mistakes over & over. Lots of really close matches though and that's what's important!

I'm still really confused as to where my 200PP magically disappeared to, but at least this came out of it....

PS: Was the netcode any better on MK?[/QUOTE]

Good games to Tom, et al. + Joe. Ozzy isn't on CAG, I don't think. He had a pretty good connection yesterday, but usually matches with him are kinda lag filled. He had green bars so he wanted to take advantage and get in on the lobby. Hakan can be scary since no one knows the matchup. :p

That really sucks about your PP. I guess now we know for future reference how to avoid it anyway.

Netcode in MK is still ass in King of the Hill. :( It's not too bad in 1v1 player matches, but I don't think any patches have been released yet. Message of the day is still "Welcome to Mortal Kombat"

Where the heck is Shinobi?

[quote name='GuardianE']Where the heck is Shinobi?[/QUOTE]

Presente.

I've been practicing the third super secret special art, pre-game rage quitting. Through my practice as a punching bag, I've finally been able to successfully pull off this special art for two weeks in a row.

Work kept me from fight night a week and a half ago and this past week I've been sick. I don't know that I would've been able to join you on AE - I haz no points. Working to get an approval for an appropriation of gaming budget funds from the committee. I'll let you know what she says.

I hope to be on this Wednesday. Expect to be amazed with how terribad I am now.

[quote name='bs000']Every time I lose to online derp tactics, I feel like pulling teeth and punching kittens.[/QUOTE]
This is a big part of the reason why I hate playing ranked matches. I like keeping my sodium levels at normal. Ranked does have it's advantages though since you encounter a lot of different fighting styles. Some of them complete garbage though, lol.

I don't know if anyone else notices, but I have to say that the netcode seems to be better with AE overall compared to vanilla SSF4. It's still not HDR status, but it's good.

[quote name='GUNNM']norcal regionals is pretty shitty
shit commentators and shit stream[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who are they? They're absolutely atrocious. I'd rather have no commentators at all than these guys.

The commentators for IPW are Darren? and Magus1234. They are pricks. I think after watching a year of streams I found them funny once when a guy was getting destroyed in early pool play by Jwong and they played it off ass if he was letting jwong win and how he was going to turn it on. They seem like douchebags 24/7. Hopefully the evo stream wont have much of them and will have UltraDavid & all the good guest commentators like yipes, mike ross, jwong, jchen etc.

how you guys feel about the seimitsu buttons? I have and original SF4 TE which has been used pretty hard for awhile now. A my jab and short have missed inputs a few times over the past couple months. I cleaned the buttons a few times now by popping off the caps but i noticed a few switches feel a little loose. So I want to replace the set of buttons w/ screw in buttons.

I heard the seimitsu buttons a bit more resistive compared to the sanwa. Any thoughts or feelings about them? Any more clickyness to them? Since I come from the era of arcades and happ parts...I am used to 'hitting' buttons instead of delicately pressing the Sanwas so I dont think the added resistance will be a big of a deal. The buttons I was looking at were the Seimitsu PS-14-GN

[quote name='naiku']
I heard the seimitsu buttons a bit more resistive compared to the sanwa. Any thoughts or feelings about them? Any more clickyness to them? Since I come from the era of arcades and happ parts...I am used to 'hitting' buttons instead of delicately pressing the Sanwas so I dont think the added resistance will be a big of a deal. The buttons I was looking at were the Seimitsu PS-14-GN[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard as well but haven't used them. They tend to have a little more resistance to them compared to the Sanwa. I've also heard their LS32 sticks are a little tighter compared to the JLFs because of a shorter throw distance and tighter springs/microswitches.

I'm getting a blank SE stick from a friend of mine & I'm thinking about putting all Seimitsu parts in it.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, who are they? They're absolutely atrocious. I'd rather have no commentators at all than these guys.[/QUOTE]
No clue but they were assholes. Some fat dude and a white version of ricky ortiz were talking so much shit everyone just started spamming the chat to get these guys off.

Someone even made an Adam Sesslar troll and kept spamming how he was better than these guys.

bread's done
Back