CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

[quote name='naiku']The commentators for IPW are Darren? and Magus1234. They are pricks. I think after watching a year of streams I found them funny once when a guy was getting destroyed in early pool play by Jwong and they played it off ass if he was letting jwong win and how he was going to turn it on. They seem like douchebags 24/7. Hopefully the evo stream wont have much of them and will have UltraDavid & all the good guest commentators like yipes, mike ross, jwong, jchen etc.

how you guys feel about the seimitsu buttons? I have and original SF4 TE which has been used pretty hard for awhile now. A my jab and short have missed inputs a few times over the past couple months. I cleaned the buttons a few times now by popping off the caps but i noticed a few switches feel a little loose. So I want to replace the set of buttons w/ screw in buttons.

I heard the seimitsu buttons a bit more resistive compared to the sanwa. Any thoughts or feelings about them? Any more clickyness to them? Since I come from the era of arcades and happ parts...I am used to 'hitting' buttons instead of delicately pressing the Sanwas so I dont think the added resistance will be a big of a deal. The buttons I was looking at were the Seimitsu PS-14-GN[/QUOTE]
Magnus came on after the twink got kicked off he was alright but they just kept bringing up real life stories as if anyone gave a shit about getting drunk and kissing chicks

[quote name='MtlTom']That's what I've heard as well but haven't used them. They tend to have a little more resistance to them compared to the Sanwa. I've also heard their LS32 sticks are a little tighter compared to the JLFs because of a shorter throw distance and tighter springs/microswitches.

I'm getting a blank SE stick from a friend of mine & I'm thinking about putting all Seimitsu parts in it.[/QUOTE]

Awhile back I bought plugs for the 2 buttons i don't use and a bat top for my stick TE. I also picked up a LS-33 Spring which i have threaded inside the current sanwa stick. It added a bit more resistance which has a really good feel for me. the Sanwa JLF had very little resistance to move back and forth and now feels quite a bit tighter but still far from the arm wrestling required to use a happ comp stick.

Guess whenever lizardlick gets the black w/ white capped buttons in ill try a set of the Semistu buttons.

Yeah, I dunno who the commentators are, but they're biased, salty, and just plain obnoxious to listen to. They complain about Marvel at every second, and use the same tired fighting game lingo lines over and over. I heard "chuck plasma" about 40 times last night. Give me UltraDavid, Chen, Yipes, SkiSonic. Oh thank God, they got Seth to do the commentary for SSFIV singles.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Hey - I finally picked up BBCS. What would be a good character to start off with?[/QUOTE]

Ragna is the easiest character to pick up and play, but every character is completely different. It's not really like Street Fighter, where you can pick up Ryu and sort of have an understanding of a lot of other characters' basic mechanics. Learning Ragna, for example, will give you no concept whatsoever on how to play any other characer. Personally, I'd recommend picking a character you like and sticking him/her.

[quote name='naiku']Awhile back I bought plugs for the 2 buttons i don't use and a bat top for my stick TE. I also picked up a LS-33 Spring which i have threaded inside the current sanwa stick. It added a bit more resistance which has a really good feel for me. the Sanwa JLF had very little resistance to move back and forth and now feels quite a bit tighter but still far from the arm wrestling required to use a happ comp stick.

Guess whenever lizardlick gets the black w/ white capped buttons in ill try a set of the Semistu buttons.[/QUOTE]

Coool. I've always wanted to try Seimitsus. I imagine they'd be the closest thing to American buttons for Japanese sticks.

[quote name='wjhard63']Presente.

I've been practicing the third super secret special art, pre-game rage quitting. Through my practice as a punching bag, I've finally been able to successfully pull off this special art for two weeks in a row.

Work kept me from fight night a week and a half ago and this past week I've been sick. I don't know that I would've been able to join you on AE - I haz no points. Working to get an approval for an appropriation of gaming budget funds from the committee. I'll let you know what she says.

I hope to be on this Wednesday. Expect to be amazed with how terribad I am now.[/QUOTE]

Just hoping everything was alright. Looking forward to matches this week. AE's much of the same, just a lot more divekicks. I wouldn't mind switching it up a bit if you don't pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatboyjam']Hey - I finally picked up BBCS. What would be a good character to start off with?[/QUOTE]
I agree with Guardian - Ragna is probably the "easiest" character to pick up probably followed by Jin. Since the characters are all really different, it's probably best to pick one that you are interested in. The trials (challenges) are actually a pretty good starting point in this game.

[quote name='wjhard63']
I hope to be on this Wednesday. Expect to be amazed with how terribad I am now.[/QUOTE]
It'll be nice to have you back. Unfortunately I might have some other stuff going on this week so I might not make it.

GGs earlier to Guardian. It was a good set back and fourth. I'm trying to change up my play style a bit and take your advice and get more aggressive but not reckless.

Sorry I missed ya Joe. We need to catch up because it's been far too long since we last played.

Also, new Excellent Adventures! Now with 100% more AE! To Catch A Gootecks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQECAvwQ6R0&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs earlier to Guardian. It was a good set back and fourth. I'm trying to change up my play style a bit and take your advice and get more aggressive but not reckless.

Sorry I missed ya Joe. We need to catch up because it's been far too long since we last played.

[/QUOTE]Good games. I was getting frustrated because I was missing my links 90% of the time. Can't really afford to give up free damage like that. Even after you left and I played matches with Joe, I still missed them.

Good games to Kensei, Joe, and KBurns in MK. And to Joe in BlazBlue. Joe, I think the desynchronization may have to do with your pre-order DLC. The latest patch apparently creates a new compatiblity issue with the pre-order DLC. If you keep getting desynchronized, I might recommend deleting your Reptile DLC temporarily until a fix is out.

GGs today to:

F1ngers 0f Fury - Really good Evil Ryu. This was actually the first time I'd played an Evil Ryu that didn't just try to play him like Ryu. Nice rushdown & mixups. I didn't quite know how to approach the first couple of games.

Guardian - the changes on cr.MP & cr.LP make the Rog/Ken match feel really different. The cr.LP is noticeably better because you were beating stuff clean or trading with me. I gotta respect that cr.MP more as well in addition to all of his already really good MK moves, especially since it leads to a lot more damage now.

What was with the Rog mirror? I got trolled :cry: lol

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs today to:

F1ngers 0f Fury - Really good Evil Ryu. This was actually the first time I'd played an Evil Ryu that didn't just try to play him like Ryu. Nice rushdown & mixups. I didn't quite know how to approach the first couple of games.

Guardian - the changes on cr.MP & cr.LP make the Rog/Ken match feel really different. The cr.LP is noticeably better because you were beating stuff clean or trading with me. I gotta respect that cr.MP more as well in addition to all of his already really good MK moves, especially since it leads to a lot more damage now.

What was with the Rog mirror? I got trolled :cry: lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I've been trying to really get the links down with E.Ryu. They have really awkward timing to me. I find myself sometimes falling in the problem of just playing like Ryu, as you mentioned.

Need to play some more matches with CAGs. anyone feel free to invite me to a match anytime

GGs last night to Guardian & joe in Marvel. I promise I'll go into training mode before we play again ;).

Also, after much discussion - we've officially decided that the Exciting Street Scene Stage is now the de facto CAG Fighter Stage. Eclipse stage is no more (good riddance.)

The bull might be the best thing since Hype Dog.

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs last night to Guardian & joe in Marvel. I promise I'll go into training mode before we play again ;).

Also, after much discussion - we've officially decided that the Exciting Street Scene Stage is now the de facto CAG Fighter Stage. Eclipse stage is no more (good riddance.)

The bull might be the best thing since Hype Dog.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Are you talking about the Indian stage? I'm gona assume you're hype off the latest CC episode. Gootecks was laughing so weird during that Viper vs Fei Long match...

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs last night to Guardian & joe in Marvel. I promise I'll go into training mode before we play again ;).

The bull might be the best thing since Hype Dog.[/QUOTE]

GGs, Tom. I think the Exciting Street Scene should be picked only if we have characters that cause the ground to shake. This might require a little experimentation. Due to my main, I think I will only be using Solar Eclipse.

What's up sister thread.

Doing a stream tomorrow (6/30). This time though, it'll be a discussion about news topics on SRK and Eventhubs. It'll be over skype. So who ever wants to partake in the discussion, just catch me on skype 8 PST.

I'll basically be going through the news topics and ask for your opinions. Feel free to troll or actually voice your opinion on the topics.

More info in CAG PS3 FGMT.

GGs last night to...

joe - I told you I'd back it up ;). I think you should try playing Ibuki more aggressively. Her runaway isn't bad, but her defense sucks. Especially against Balrog, once she gets a knockdown it's really hard to get the momentum back.

Guardian - really close matches. I want to work on the Dee Jay/Ken match more. I think he has pretty good options against Ken & he's a lot of fun to play.

Shinobi - Glad to see you on, get dat AE!

bs000 - Your Yun was scary. We'll have to play more because I think last night was only the second time we played.

TooLate/BIB/Old Rasputin - Plz upgrade your internet from this:

fisher-price-easy-link.jpg

Kthnx.

I might pick up the MK Season Pass this weekend. Maybe we can play some of that next week? I haven't played it since before the patch so I'm curious how the online is now. Plus Kenshi will be out next week.

[quote name='option.iv']What's up sister thread.

Doing a stream tomorrow (6/30). This time though, it'll be a discussion about news topics on SRK and Eventhubs. It'll be over skype. So who ever wants to partake in the discussion, just catch me on skype 8 PST. [/QUOTE]
Word. If I'm around, I'll try to stop by.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Thx dude. I think I'm just gona have to quit online mp.[/QUOTE]
Don't quit :cry:. We like having you, it's just I'm sure you can understand no one wants to play Super Slideshow Fighter IV: Powerpoint Edition. I know you've tried several things, I'd call and bitch at my ISP if I were you.

Haha dude, I never tried to impose my bad connection on peeps, I've left early the past few weeks since it was bad. The router modem they gave me when my stand alone modem went bad is terrible. The router/modem i personally bought does weird things with the wireless and the connections get all goodfy between computers. I'll call up dlink and see if i can get it to work, otherwise gg.

Steam version of AE is 33% off right now. Extra 5% off if you have vanilla. That comes to $23.

No I lied. It's back to regular price now.

[quote name='bs000']Steam version of AE is 33% off right now. Extra 5% off if you have vanilla. That comes to $23.

No I lied. It's back to regular price now.[/QUOTE]

Dude congrats if you locked it in at that price. Pretty stoked on AE PC.

MK session this week? I got the season pass & I know Kenshi comes out Tuesday. I haven't really played around online since before the patch.

Skarlet looks like she has a lot of potential. She seems like she can get in your face pretty bad, but she also has decent zoning with her daggers & dagger cancels.

Having and streaming a news roundup discussion tomorrow via skype . Again if interested pm me or add me on skype: option.iv.

Basically going to discuss topics posted on SRK and all you have to do is provide input.

Most likely will be @ 8PST

Lots of rumors and speculation as Lupinko (the one who leaked the "Super" MvC3.

You can look it up yourself, but Strider is all but confirmed given some tweets including "cl0ckwork" and running it back with "neo". Frank West is another that has a strong chance of returning (or Chuck Greene?) given a hint about mixing "Orange Juice" and "Chocolate Milk" Then the guesses become pretty wild from that point forward.

Please keep in mind that we do not know the method of distribution for Super, which a lot of people are speculating will be announced at this upcoming Comic-Con. It could be DLC, it might not be. SSFIV was the exception. Not the rule. Resident Evil 5 and SSFIV were both made to deliberately have a means of including DLC expansions. Additionally, nothing has been confirmed, only rumored at this point... albeit from a reliable source.

I didn't post this in the Marvel3 thread deliberately because I didn't really want people prematurely jumping the gun and complaining about "Super" iterations.

GGs last night to Guardian & Shinobi. I did a lot better in Marvel than I was expecting. I won more than one game off of Guardian :applause: .

Shinobi - you should know better that salty runbacks take precedence over Portal co-op ;).

Oh, and fuck the dog.

Kensei - sorry we didn't join in MK. Guardian & I were playing for a while & we quit after some desync issues when Shinobi joined. It was weird because Guardian was fine with both of us but Shinobi & I kept desyncing randomly. I might try re-downloading the Sub-Zero pre-order I have. Kenshi seems pretty fun, he's got a ton of range.

------

As for Super Marvel - it's a little surprising, but not really. I'm going to reserve judgement until they officially announce what it is and how it will get to the consumer. I don't think DLC is out of the question with the amount of stuff they've already patched in & the event modes. The big question mark is the spectator mode, which I think the game sorely needs. Depending on the amount of work/resources it'll take, that might mean a new disc. Price is going to be the most important thing to me - I don't mind buying a new disc if it's reasonable but I'd much rather have DLC.

Good games, Tom. You're definitely getting more comfortable and stronger overall with the game. Your execution is improving. Next time I'll use my main team. ;P

Phoenix Wright is also a strong candidate based on some educated guesses. Lupinko tweeted something in Japanese that was the equivalent of "Phoenix! Hype!" (actually the Japanese equivalent of Phoenix, which is something like "I see" in English)

I agree about spectator mode, and I know Capcom's aware of its importance with the flak they've been getting. I really hope that they do everything right with Super- DLC options, GUI overhaul, good characters, new stages, balancing, spectator mode. I guess we'll just have to see.

I wouldn't mind a super version of mvc as long as they make some major additions. I think that MK9 has really raised the bar for content in a fighting game. It's pathetic how marvel has only 7 or 8 stages while MK has over 20.

Tom- No problem. I would've joined you guys in marvel but I had been itching to play MK. I'd like to play more MK but I just like playing with people I know instead of randoms. I think Kenshi has a lot of potential I just need to practice with him some more to get a better feel for how to play him. I still like Skarlet better though. Redownloading all the costumes is supposed to fix the problem but everyone has to do it. Also I've noticed that if neither player picks an alternate costume for the character it usually won't desync.

[quote name='Kurayami']I wouldn't mind a super version of mvc as long as they make some major additions. I think that MK9 has really raised the bar for content in a fighting game. It's pathetic how marvel has only 7 or 8 stages while MK has over 20.

Tom- No problem. I would've joined you guys in marvel but I had been itching to play MK. I'd like to play more MK but I just like playing with people I know instead of randoms. I think Kenshi has a lot of potential I just need to practice with him some more to get a better feel for how to play him. I still like Skarlet better though. Redownloading all the costumes is supposed to fix the problem but everyone has to do it. Also I've noticed that if neither player picks an alternate costume for the character it usually won't desync.[/QUOTE]

I agree. From what I understand, and from what Lupinko's been saying, it looks like a substantial update. 10+ characters, a new boss(?), other additions. We'll see come ComicCon.

Should I redownload the entire costume pack in MK? Or does it apply only to pre-order DLC?

I would love for an super marvel, hopefully DLC update via AE type update.I dont think Frank west would fit well in the game, nor pheonix wright. I would like to see Chuck Greene since it would be cool to play with all the combo weapons, and Blade would be badass from the marvel end of things, or Iron fist....yeah.

what I want in the game:

Q-Bee or BB. Hood
+Morrigan Buffed w/ MVC2 laser gun hyper instead of shower rockets
+Hsien-ko Buffed, at least 20% faster walking speed, always in golden shower mode
The roster filled with only Vampire savior characters, all marvel characters excluded, change name to Vampire Savior Super Deluxe extreme
-Wesker nerfed his hands need to be amputated and he can only use his left leg as an attack
+ Dante: He is a joke character, change his name, hair, gender and call him bayonetta and its all cool
Yang/yun some sort of siamese conjoined version, Palm Strikes nerf everything, including level 3 hypers, everything safe on block.
Sentinal - lasers shoot from every part of his body, he eats thunder, and craps lighting and pisses acid, everything has super armor.
Doramamu alt costume has him riding a mortercycle and leatherjacket (and assless chaps) shoots chains instead of fireballs

What I learned today:

In SF4 while you're walking forward, you can hit qcf or even just d, df to anti-air dp. This makes it easier to anti-air when the other guy is a moron and jumps in on you. All this time I've been holding down+back and doing the whole motion to anti-air dp, which hardly ever works 'cause it takes too long and I get stuffed. I assumed I couldn't anti air dp on reaction 'cause online is dum. Turns out I'm just a scrub. Sniff.

[quote name='bs000']What I learned today:

In SF4 while you're walking forward, you can hit qcf or even just d, df to anti-air dp. This makes it easier to anti-air when the other guy is a moron and jumps in on you. All this time I've been holding down+back and doing the whole motion to anti-air dp, which hardly ever works 'cause it takes too long and I get stuffed. I assumed I couldn't anti air dp on reaction 'cause online is dum. Turns out I'm just a scrub. Sniff.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_lgq2saVne91qzsyre.gif

Alight, I vote AE for fight night tomorrow. The only exception is if people wanna play HDR or ST ;).

[quote name='BackInBlack']Apparently nerfed characters are cheap.[/QUOTE]
Can you elaborate please?

BTW, I'd be up for some Hyper Fighting. The thought of the netcode in that game make me shutter a little bit though :cry:.

bread's done
Back