CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

[quote name='MtlTom']Alight, I vote AE for fight night tomorrow. The only exception is if people wanna play HDR or ST ;).

Can you elaborate please?

BTW, I'd be up for some Hyper Fighting. The thought of the netcode in that game make me shutter a little bit though :cry:.[/QUOTE]

Granted every match I play online sucks, so that isn't the problem, I don't take the games online too personal, just to learn.

I lose to a Rose with Ryu. K, so next search, same player shows up again, I say hey, I'll try again. I proceed to do worse with Balrog, and lose. I get a message saying. "I don't know why you stooped to using such a cheap character, ggs"

I responded with "AE Balrog is nerfed, thx for trolling"

Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if I happen to use a B/C tier character(not trying to be a tier whore here at all), I don't know why people feel so entitled to call me cheap(I don't think I even won a round with Balrog). I'm not gona lose some sleep over shit like that, but the mindset offends me, especially since Super/AE are well balanced fighters imo.

Mortal Kombat Patch Notes:

Jade
• Added a few frames of armor to the beginning of her Enhanced shadow kick
• Added a few frames of armor to the beginning of her Enhanced staff overhead
• Fixed a case where sometimes when defeating the first opponent in a tag match with Jade’s throw the incoming partner could land a free hit

Muuahaahaahaaaaa! Keep those buffs coming, Netherrealm! Full list:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/12/full-detail-mortal-kombat-9-patch-notes/

[quote name='BackInBlack']Granted every match I play online sucks, so that isn't the problem, I don't take the games online too personal, just to learn.

I lose to a Rose with Ryu. K, so next search, same player shows up again, I say hey, I'll try again. I proceed to do worse with Balrog, and lose. I get a message saying. "I don't know why you stooped to using such a cheap character, ggs"

I responded with "AE Balrog is nerfed, thx for trolling"

Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if I happen to use a B/C tier character(not trying to be a tier whore here at all), I don't know why people feel so entitled to call me cheap(I don't think I even won a round with Balrog). I'm not gona lose some sleep over shit like that, but the mindset offends me, especially since Super/AE are well balanced fighters imo.[/QUOTE]

He probably thought you were counterpicking, since Balrog isn't a very good matchup for Rose... I don't think that's changed in AE since both characters were nerfed. He shouldn't have assumed you were picking a sub for the sake of counterpicking, but I think that's where his logic stemmed from.

[quote name='MtlTom']Alight, I vote AE for fight night tomorrow. The only exception is if people wanna play HDR or ST ;).

Can you elaborate please?

BTW, I'd be up for some Hyper Fighting. The thought of the netcode in that game make me shutter a little bit though :cry:.[/QUOTE]

I don't have Hyper Fighting. What's the advantage of Hyper Fighting over HDR?

[quote name='BackInBlack']
Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if I happen to use a B/C tier character(not trying to be a tier whore here at all), I don't know why people feel so entitled to call me cheap(I don't think I even won a round with Balrog). I'm not gona lose some sleep over shit like that, but the mindset offends me, especially since Super/AE are well balanced fighters imo.[/QUOTE]
It's Xbox Live - people get salty. Especially when it's in ranked & BP/PP are on the line.

To be fair though, Balrog is still hella cheap ;). He's still really strong but you definitely have to work harder to get those W's.

[quote name='GuardianE']Mortal Kombat Patch Notes:
Muuahaahaahaaaaa! Keep those buffs coming, Netherrealm! Full list:
http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/12/full-detail-mortal-kombat-9-patch-notes/
[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, they also mention further improvements on the netcode. There's a ton of changes there as well. I'd be up for MK.

[quote name='GuardianE']
I don't have Hyper Fighting. What's the advantage of Hyper Fighting over HDR?[/QUOTE]
HF is a great game but the netcode is awful. It's still very much SF2, but it plays different from ST. Personally I think ST & HDR are the best iterations of SF2 - but I'm biased.

Speaking of old games - we should play Classic Mode in HDR sometime.

[quote name='GUNNM']SBO's this week and then EVO next week. right? good good[/QUOTE]
I think it might just be SBO qualifiers. SBO is usually Sept/Aug. EVO is in two weeks (29-31)

GGs last night bs, Guardian, Shinobi, & joe. I don't know what was going on with the connection last night. The matches were still pretty fun though. Maybe we'll have better luck next week with Purple Rain ;).

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs last night bs, Guardian, Shinobi, & joe. I don't know what was going on with the connection last night. The matches were still pretty fun though. Maybe we'll have better luck next week with Purple Rain ;).[/QUOTE]

Good games to everyone. Gouki08 joined in a little later, too. Connection was infuriating, though. I only really seemed to have lag with you, Tom. :( Shinobi a tiny bit, but otherwise it was smooth. Fix that Sesame Street router of yours!

I posted this in the arcade stick thread, but in case you don't go there:

stick-0005.jpg

stick-0006.jpg

Not working yet - still waiting on a PCB. I think it came out nice.

retailer dlc costumes packs

gamestop - femme fatale pack ( x-23, storm, chun-li, c viper, morrigan)

amazon - new age of heroes ( strider, doom, cyber akuma, sentinel)

U_MvC3_pre-order.jpg

U_MvC3_pre-order.jpg

Oh? You want some leaks? Otay. I can give you some leaks. (Seriously. Don't click if you don't want things spoiled)
Kg8kg.png

NSUyn.png

aM30I.png

BMBAj.png

qx7lv.png

sFXZS.png

LUo04.png

xsMv1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well all the character got leaked

1. Hawkeye
2. Ghost Rider
3. Strider
4. Firebrand
5. Dr. Strange
6. Phoenix Wright
7. Vergil
8. Frank West
9. Iron Fist
10. Rocket Raccoon
11. Nemesis
12. Nova

I hope UMVC3 will have all the neato features from 3SOE

[quote name='jbug617']Well all the character got leaked

[/QUOTE]

Those are liek none of the characters that I wanted super bad D:

unless that raccoon is hiding something, what a sausage fest.

BRING ON THE BRATWURTS!!!

Also this is bad asssssss

ie1bwA.gif

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']The bag of dicks that early adopters like me are expected to eat will come as additional DLC. I think I have to be done with Capcom, and that hurts.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I'm an early adopter too and I'd rather focus on having a game that is complete with characters I've wanted in this game since launch.

[quote name='Kurayami']Does anyone else hate the new HUD? It's really hard to see the other characters remaining life.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people have been complaining about it. There's still time to manipulate it, so I'm sure they will. It's critical to see those assist life bars.

The HUD doesn't bother me that much after seeing other videos, although I really did like the MVC3 health bars. the giant pink Xs are annoying though.

Seriously...what in the Efff is with the raccoon, seriously?

also MEGAMAN IS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAD!!

I'm kind of mixed on the new health bars. It's kind of like a cross between MVC2 & 3. The old system wasn't bad at all, but I like that X-Factor is more visible now. They do need to fix the assist characters because seeing that red life is very important.

The biggest questions I have are...

- Is the DHC trick/glitch going to be gone?
- What sort of rebalancing will existing characters get?
- X-Factor in the air? I hope not!

That's all I can think of now.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm kind of mixed on the new health bars. It's kind of like a cross between MVC2 & 3. The old system wasn't bad at all, but I like that X-Factor is more visible now. They do need to fix the assist characters because seeing that red life is very important.

The biggest questions I have are...

- Is the DHC trick/glitch going to be gone?
- What sort of rebalancing will existing characters get?
- X-Factor in the air? I hope not!

That's all I can think of now.[/QUOTE]

No one knows about the DHC trick yet. We might get some word on it this weekend, since they are supposed to have a playable demo available at the convention. I personally hope it's gone just because characters can do enough damage without it. I think it stunts creativity.

Based on videos, it's pretty much confirmed that you can use X-Factor in the air. The limitations of this (and whether you can use it to cancel blockstun) are currently unknown.

Existing characters will get new moves and tweaking. Just based on the initial compilation video, we've got:
-Ryu's Shinku Hadouken is thinner, but now ricochets
-Magneto has a new move (counter?); animation before he does Magnetic Shockwave
-Spencer has a "meteor crash" type move where he smashes vertically into the ground from air; causes groundbounce
-Storm has a wind pull move to bring her opponent closer to her
-Taskmaster can combo into a command grab or Stinger type move after Shield Charge
-Viewtiful Joe is now able to perform an evasive dodge and counter (can be seen against Berserker Slash

People have noted that X-Factor seems to be toned down, but that's just speculation based on the videos. We don't even know what Damage setting the gameplay videos are on. There are some changes that have been made to TAC. Some people saw that performing it yielded no meter, less meter, or drained meter... though it's not clear what the circumstances are (or if it was just buggy).

From my own observations, it looks like they changed some hitboxes. Tron's jumping C for example. Strider hits her out of it, which is pretty difficult to do in most scenarios in MvC3.

[quote name='joe2187']unless that raccoon is hiding something, what a sausage fest.

BRING ON THE BRATWURTS!!!

Also this is bad asssssss

[/QUOTE]

Hahah, Ghost Rider's Level 3: Cop a Feel

EG|fLoE has been posted impressions of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on to his Twitter account, and he confirmed that the DHC Glitch and Exchange Glitch have been removed from the game.

Here's also left some other impressions. Also Nyoro and a reader who didn't leave their username or email address added to it. Here's a run down so far. Keep in mind the game is a long ways away from being released, November 2011, so this stuff is subject to change. • You can now X-factor in the air.

• Phoenix can only have one action per jump... meaning one fireball then she floats down.

• Characters now say something upon entering the screen when the previous character died.

• Many of the returning cast has new moves, or moves that act differently, (Ryu's Hyper Fireball now bounces off of walls, Taskmaster and Spencer are shown with new moves.)

• Ghost Rider has at least 2 special moves that OTG, and his two level one supers appear to OTG. His level 3 super is a grab where he uses the Penance stare on you.

• Strider is the first character to have two level 3 supers, (Ragnarok, and the Ouroboros.) Most of his moveset from Marvel 2 was shown. His robot animal super OTGs.

• Firebrand's level 3 appears to summon a computer controlled doppleganger firebrand to assist.

• Hawkeye's level 3 super OTGs. He fires off Antman, who hits the opponent, then grows in size and gives the opponent the biggest Monty Python boot known to man. Hawkeye has different arrows he can fire depending on the button pressed (frozen shot, poison shot, piercing shot, triple arrow, scatter shot, and net shot are shown.)

• Wolverine's Berserker Slash is not invincible and slower.

• Viewtiful Joe has the "Slow Dodge" move now. It's a special move that's super cancellable. In the Viewtiful Joe games, if you activated Slow and you got attacked, you'd dodge.

• Magneto has a new special move where he sucks you in with magnetism. Gravitation magnetizes the opponent. Repulsion pushes them away. Attraction pulls them towards you. His air-to-ground dash is slower now.

• Akuma's Hurricane Kick Assist doesn't knock down anymore, the opponent will flip out.

• Ryu can charge up his fireballs and they fly so quickly you can barely see them on screen. Charging can be done by holding down the button, like in Street Fighter X Tekken. A fully charged fireball will explode on contact, causing a wall bounce. He can also charge his Shoryuken now. Ryu can cancel his overhead with special moves now.

• Taskmaster has a new move called the Charge Sting. It impales the opponent, can combo into it. It appears that he can grab after his Charging Star move now.

• Dormammu's Flame Carpet OTG now pushes the opponent very far away. Much harder to combo from, even with an assist.

• Wolverine has a new move where he does a bunch of slices at close range, with the odd shoutout to "Swiss cheese." This attack is similar to Chun-Li's lightning legs, except it's with his claws.

• Storm has a move that pulls in the enemy and pushes them away with wind.

[quote name='jbug617']Comic-Con Trailer for SF X Tekken featuring Dhalsim, Steve Fox, Yoshimitsu and Poison

[/QUOTE]

I could have guessed Yoshimitsu was going to be in it, but I was surprised about Poison.

GGs last night everyone. Sorry if I was so salty, I was really upset that I kept making the same mistakes over & over :cry:.

By the way - Freddy Krueger for MK9? Really? I thought NRS wanted people to take this game seriously.....

EDIT: Oh, and for Joe:

phpf50mqPDStalkers.jpg

bs - I saw that video yesterday, it was great.

Just a heads up to you pad warriors - the WWE Brawlpads are on sale at Gamestop for $19.99. I mentioned it to Guardian Wednesday when we were in a lobby but I wasn't sure if everyone heard. I bought one to put in my custom stick. They are the same layout as the Fightpads just with wrestling dudes on it instead of SF characters. The button layout is slightly different, it's actually the same as my MVC2 TE.

Here is the link. You'll have to get it locally, they are out online.

Or you know, you can just man up and buy a stick ;).

[quote name='MtlTom']bs - I saw that video yesterday, it was great.

Just a heads up to you pad warriors - the WWE Brawlpads are on sale at Gamestop for $19.99. I mentioned it to Guardian Wednesday when we were in a lobby but I wasn't sure if everyone heard. I bought one to put in my custom stick. They are the same layout as the Fightpads just with wrestling dudes on it instead of SF characters. The button layout is slightly different, it's actually the same as my MVC2 TE.

Here is the link. You'll have to get it locally, they are out online.

Or you know, you can just man up and buy a stick ;).[/QUOTE]

Coolio. Thanksssssss. I'll pick up one or two for whenever I wear out my current one. :(

GGs to everyone that came out to the weekly Wednesday Fight Night. Fun matches after the hype of the UMvC3 announcement!

Oh, and I do have a stick. One TE, one DOA4, two TvCs, and one Tekken6. :p

bread's done
Back